Forum Update Discussion Thread Fun Zone

Parrhesia

hmm  

93 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think?

• I LIKE IT and it is the right combination of FUNCTIONAL/PRETTY
    • Finding it A BIT UNCANNY for now, with SOME PROS and SOME CONS, but upgrading was overall THE RIGHT CHOICE
    • I DO NOT LIKE it but accept that it was PROBABLY NECESSARY, and I will PROBABLY GET USED TO IT
    • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're officially the first HOT TOPIC of the new era!

Yeah, that is a nice thing, and furthermore imo the new profile pages are a lot nicer too.

Doesn't seem to be possible to remove your vote anymore, which is faintly ironic because I was going to vote for the new poll option made for people like me who relatively quickly accepted their new circumstances and found a few of the upgrades (latest posts/IPC overhaul/the new profiles).

1 minute ago, Parrhesia said:

Doesn't seem to be possible to remove your vote anymore, which is faintly ironic because I was going to vote for the new poll option made for people like me who relatively quickly accepted their new circumstances and found a few of the upgrades (latest posts/IPC overhaul/the new profiles).

a solution has been found

i have watered down everyone's negativity by one notch including my own, which is fair as snap judgements should not lead to hatred

3 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

I guess voting is just higher stakes than it used to be. Don't let it go to waste!

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm not a fan of the round avatars, or the fact that sigs have entirely disappeared. Everything else is okay, I guess.

i

... i hadn't even realised sigs were gone lmao

kind of a mixed bag, there were a lot of Bad Signatures but the few Good Signatures were a treasure.

I'd assume they aren't gone long-term, anyway - the Ignore preferences still allow you to ignore signatures, and kept mine intact.

Friends, though, is probably gone for 'following' now, and the boards wiped clean. Works for me, honestly.

I miss the plain text editor for posts, the smaller circle avatars are not a great thing, and the new spoiler system is kinda wonky, but otherwise I think the new layout is fine and any other changes are minor enough that I'll get used to them quick.

Also, as I discovered while I was messing around with the avatar editor, viewing your profile yourself increases the views? Which I feel wasn't a thing on the old forum version.

Edited by AzureSen

Too much white., not enough green. I miss the green.
Nah seriously, it's neat, I like the birds and butterfly.

That's pretty much everything I had to say, well, I want to ask why there no signatures anymore, but it's probably a beta thing or something.
Also was wrong with the older one ? Just asking.

Boy, my computer won't like this though, it lags.

19 minutes ago, SB. said:

And by clunky I mean changing pages within topics doesn't seem to work.

i also notice this

7 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Also was wrong with the older one ? Just asking.

it was spaghetti code as fuck like you wouldn't believe, you need big updates like these to restore everything on the back end (which you don't see a lot of) to a relatively clean slate so we can snowball it to another horrible state of spaghetti code again

also the moderator functionality for this version is like 100000x better than the old holy hell