Forum Update Discussion Thread Fun Zone

Parrhesia

hmm  

93 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think?

• I LIKE IT and it is the right combination of FUNCTIONAL/PRETTY
    • Finding it A BIT UNCANNY for now, with SOME PROS and SOME CONS, but upgrading was overall THE RIGHT CHOICE
    • I DO NOT LIKE it but accept that it was PROBABLY NECESSARY, and I will PROBABLY GET USED TO IT
    • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Specta said:

it's nice to have an update i think. we were due for one lmao

that and also I'm sure a lot of the complaints are already on the list to be fixed

well ok first thing I notice is enter is automatically a double space (for those who weren't taught this shift+enter turns it into one space) so that's less enter key presses for me~!

but yeah I'd say the biggest thing I'm finding after these few minutes I've been on is that the page buttons in-topic do not seem to like to work! and backspacing out of the broken page click seems to bring me to an infinitely loading page (that or I'm not waiting long enough)

the pinging thing is super cool and convenient though, I know someday somebody's going to be abusing it though >u> I imagine there's an option to turn them off or maybe the ignore function if it's actually extreme enough

the biggest thing I pray for is for signatures to return because those are always my favourite part of my themes ;~;

12 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I can guarantee it's not counting fftf since then I'd have over 20k posts from hhh alone.

Is there a way to see how many Fftf posts you have?  I'm just curious, since 90% of my posts are probably there.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a way to see how many Fftf posts you have?  I'm just curious, since 90% of my posts are probably there.

There USED to be a way to see how many posts you had in a given thread but that appears to have died, I don't think anything ever kept track of FftF as a whole.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

tpq4i.png

those whose postcounts don't suck hahahahahaha

even though...... this is my postcount after 9 years.....

you can tell I live in fftf~

Edited by Freohr Datia

6 minutes ago, Herald Merkabah said:

consider this: who actually gives a shit about post count lmao

More curiosity than anything else.

oh btw manually typing the page number you want in the url works too so even if topic page buttons are missing in the index page if you absolutely need to see other pages in a thread then you'd have to type out the number in the url yourself

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ok, not gonna lie, while part of me is liking the new look....part of me kinda prefers the older look a lot more(since it was very recognizable/distinct). There was a bit more charm to it(and it matched the look of the main site too). Oh well...I'll probably get used to it(might take a while though).

Will probably really have to take a closer look around to see what changed(from major to minor stuff). 

Edit: Ok, quoting seems easier(as well as choosing Emoticons), your draft posts are still auto saved, and profiles seem alright. Not too shabby! :Joshua: 

Edited by Busterman64

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What does that mean?

People can follow/ get notifications what you post...maybe? Or maybe it's something like Twitter? I don't really know...

(If you're wondering where that is, check your profile page on the left)

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

where are my friends?

where are the threads I previously posted in?

this new format is confusing me

Friends system appears to be kaput, follower system in its place.

As for the latter I think the find content thing is also gone in the way we knew it, it seems to now function as part of a profile feed.

Site layout is alright. I miss Magical Purple, but I'll live.

Is there a way to save preferences or whatever for viewing topics I'm following? Like in the Activity thing, selecting to view content I haven't seen is a default, and then I have to do another drop down menu to narrow it down to just stuff I follow. If I leave the page and then go back without using the back arrow it makes me set that again. Minor thing now, but it'll probably bug me more later.

Also I somehow posted this halfway finished without meaning to, but I don't know how.

Ooh, I like the signifying blue bar letting you know when the new posts start.

Edited by Konnor97

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Friends system appears to be kaput, follower system in its place.

As for the latter I think the find content thing is also gone in the way we knew it, it seems to now function as part of a profile feed.

How will I fight for my friends, now?

tpt6R.png

yup, it's a post notification function

that.... doesn't sound like a very useful function?? unless you want to stalk somebody

it sounds like it'd just get annoying ^o^

also maybe I'm remembering things wrong but I feel like my content got removed with the previous update and had to be added in as well? I don't remember, but it could be possible that that gets readded.... maybe...