Casters and Flying Mounts

Aurabolt

One of my biggest questions is how will they approach these two areas.

Camilla, Hinoka and the dozens before them...will they come with their mounts or will they be unmounted? Between just those two, Camillia is easy to imagine fighting unmounted. Hinoka, not as much.

Casters, on the other hand are not new to the Warriors games. Kanbei Kuroda is probably the most iconic "Mage"-type character from Samurai Warriors. Nobunaga used a sword coated in demonic energy. Hell, the Twin Blade Weapon type exclusive to CAWs (Create a Warrior) clearly uses magic. I'm assuming this but more than likely casters will be locked into casting a particular element. For example Soren would use Wind Magic but Micaiah would use Light Magic. Canas would naturally use Dark Magic. Would be nice if you're allowed to wield multiple types of Magic though.

My questions aren't just around Offensive Magic but Staves/Rods as well for Healing. There were a few instances in past Warriors games where you could AOE heal allies and of course, use an item or skill to self-heal. Healing would be an awesome mechanic to include as long as it's done right. Not too OP at the same time worth using, too. Maybe a limited number of uses or you have to signal an NPC ally to come heal you when you're low.

On a somewhat related subject, they certainly could include weapon switching. It was a part of the Dynasty Warriors 8 games, after all. The question comes to characters like Robin who use both Swords and Tomes. Could be interesting =O

I'd love to hear thoughts on ths ^_^

if they include flying mounts, they may make parts of a map thats accessable to only flying units. like a shortcut to behind enemy lines. otherwise, it would be attacks that raise enemies into the air for combos.

if we ever got healers in the game, they would probably be doing attacks with staff swinging, if a playable character was a healer tho, it would probably have devine interventions from "games god" to help attack enemies. thats what i think tho.

in terms of weapon switching however. i think main characters like robin would use them both at the same time, otherwise it would probably work with a switching to a different character kind of way.

Edited by Thany

You could have the more support based stavers use more combat orientied things, like if they use Lissa they could have her go between her stave and Axe for instance. Or light magic or, they could use the stave for offense purposes. 

As for flying mounts, i'm sure they'd work similar to regular Warrior mounts but with attacks like Medili in HWL, flying around all crazy during certain combos.

Mist can use both Staves and Swords on Tellius promoted. A Priest/Priestess/Bishop could use Light Magic and switch to Staves for Healing.

In DW8 you can switch between two weapon types. Assuming Promoted Classes are featured (there will be a leveling system) there could be 3 weapons (or the choice of two per battle).

I wouldn't expect much out of flying mounts. Honestly, I'd expect the likes of Xander and Camilla to go dismounted most of the time and functionally be a Hero/Berserker more than a Paladin or a Malig Knight.

3 minutes ago, Aurabolt said:

Mist can use both Staves and Swords on Tellius promoted. A Priest/Priestess/Bishop could use Light Magic and switch to Staves for Healing.

In DW8 you can switch between two weapon types. Assuming Promoted Classes are featured (there will be a leveling system) there could be 3 weapons (or the choice of two per battle).

I'm well aware yes, that you can switch between weapons in DW8. I'm just thinking they may actually use the FE10 Staves can hit things too. 

I'd like it if there would be generic healers with staves that can heal your army but are defenseless, while the playable healers will have special skills a la Samurai Warriors that let them heal a fixed radius around them (and maybe themselves too).

As for mounts...horses are usually some form of broken in Warriors games, so having normally mounted units on foot would probably be the best. I wouldn't be opposed to mounted units using their mounts for higher levels of their combos/in their musou attacks.

They will either make mounted characters fight on foot or, they will allow them to keep their mounts and balance them by giving buffs and debuffs. Flying units would likely be "grounded," in that the characters won't be able to fly across the stage in the sky, but they will be locked to hovering near the ground, unless they add some path only flying units can access.

7 hours ago, Azure_Shadow said:

As for flying units, I could see any playable Pegasus/Wyvern riding character fighting on foot and their mounts come down to attack when they use their super moves like Agitha from HW, or I think Maron is her name? The one with the Wind Fish.

6 hours ago, AzureSen said:

As for mounts...horses are usually some form of broken in Warriors games, so having normally mounted units on foot would probably be the best. I wouldn't be opposed to mounted units using their mounts for higher levels of their combos/in their musou attacks.

I agree with these
When it comes to flying mounts, i can mostly see them as fighting unmouted and bringing out their mount when it comes to big stuff like their musou attack.or bigger combos.
and you were thinking of Marin from what it sounds, Azure Shadow.

And staves? ehh, can't think of much besides whacking stuff around. that or wave their staff shotting some weak magic.
unless KT decides not to make any regular priest type character playable.