Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

Click links below for a direct connection to the various streams for the event (that starts in slightly under one hour).

This thread is designed to cover information that's officially released, future information & whatever else related to the event itself, so confirmed information can be easily collected and sorted. Feel free to post all your hype/hopes/plans/wants/needs/etc otherwise!

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-18-2017/

US

UK

JP

Hype for Event Trailer

Anticipated/Promised Coverage Topics & Gathered Information:

• Fire Emblem Warriors, for New 3DS and Switch
  • Fire Emblem Mobile, now titled Fire Emblem Heroes
  • Fire Emblem Gaiden (2) Remake, titled Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia
    • Alm & Celica 2-pack amiibo with the game
  • Fire Emblem for Switch, confirmed in 2018
Edited by Elieson

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CountessGardy said:

How do you think they'll surprise us with this one?

The biggest surprise they could pull is an FE15 tease. Not likely, but not impossible either; I'd peg it as a 20% chance.

Elie, this is nice and all, but my thread is sufficient enough for this. xP Can a mod please merge? I'll even gladly put all those links and stuff in the OP.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Elie, this is nice and all, but my thread is sufficient enough for this. xP Can a mod please merge?

Your thread is kinda big on people predicting stuff and pre-direct discussion. I feel like a more concise thread focused on the actual direct when it airs (like this) is appropriate. Not that there can't be both.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Your thread is kinda big on people predicting stuff and pre-direct discussion. I feel like a more concise thread focused on the actual direct when it airs (like this) is appropriate. Not that there can't be both.

It also IS for everything regarding the Direct, including what you just said, and we don't need two threads on the Direct. Like I said, Elie's info can easily go into my OP where it can still be seen easily.

We only had one thread for the Switch Presentation, so why can't we have just one for this too? Again, can a mod merge this with my thread?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm all set up for watching the Fire Emblem Direct. I'm hoping that they'll show other than Fire Emblem Warriors are the Corrin amiibo, Roy amiibo support for the three games that he missed, and Mobile game as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Elie, this is nice and all, but my thread is sufficient enough for this. xP Can a mod please merge? I'll even gladly put all those links and stuff in the OP.

This thread exists mainly to house discussion of what's actually revealed. Your thread is great but pages upon pages of hypotheticals that I hope to keep from cluttering, for people who just want to jump into a thread and see details on what's revealed without wading through 200+ posts.

Nintendo posted their YouTube link: /index.php?/profile/13277-radiant-head/" rel="">@Radiant head

Edited by Elieson

Just now, Elieson said:

This thread exists mainly to house discussion of what's actually revealed. Your thread is great but pages upon pages of hypotheticals that I hope to keep from cluttering, for people who just want to jump into a thread and see details on what's revealed without wading through 200+ posts.

Nintendo posted their YouTube link: /index.php?/profile/13277-radiant-head/" rel="">@Radiant head

My thread exists for that purpose too. And why would anyone have to go through 200+ posts when the page jump button exists? Just go to the thread's last page...

I like mega threads, but I also think splitting threads makes it easier to read.

Of course, people following the thread know what's up, but those a bit late to the party need to wade through a lot of posts before finding the post-reveal discussions.

Edited by VincentASM

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I like mega threads, but I also think splitting threads makes it easier to read.

Of course, people following the thread know what's up, but those a bit late to the party need to wade through before finding the post-reveal discussions.

But they don't because they can just go to the last page of the thread like I said? I'm still not understanding why anyone has to wade through anything. Can someone explain what I'm missing here? o.O

Also, 9 pages is hardly a "mega" thread... There are threads that have lasted WAY longer. xP

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they don't because they can just go to the last page of the thread like I said? I'm still not understanding why anyone has to wade through anything. Can someone explain what I'm missing here? o.O

You can do that, but it's like jumping to the ending of a film.

TBH, I don't mind which thread people use, but we should probably agree on something real quick XD

10 minutes left.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

You can do that, but it's like jumping to the ending of a film.

TBH, I don't mind which thread people use, but we should probably agree on something real quick XD

10 minutes left.

Yeah, quick is right. o.o

But forgive me, I just feel since one thread was sufficient enough for the Switch presentation, one should do just fine for this Direct. I can't merge the threads though, so I guess I have to roll with whatever you do.

EDIT: Wow, Quint, I'm glad I always use the official site... I normally always hate the chatboxes that show up next to things like this on some sites, but that would get really annoying to me real fast.

Edited by Anacybele

Ok, so apparently what I'm hearing, the FE Direct is 21 minutes long(from what people see on the Japanese stream). A bit bummed(was hoping for maybe 30), but hoping the content is good(that's all I mainly want)! :Joshua:

8 minutes...

Edited by Busterman64

I'll probably end up following this thread just because having a new and clean thread feels 'better' in terms of organization but I don't think it should matter this much. 

Everyone will be watching the Direct and be receiving the same pieces of news anyway.

Edited by carefreejules

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, quick is right. o.o

But forgive me, I just feel since one thread was sufficient enough for the Switch presentation, one should do just fine for this Direct. I can't merge the threads though, so I guess I have to roll with whatever you do.

No worries, thanks for the understanding.

With the Switch topic (and similar hype topics), that was pretty much anything goes. But with the FE Direct, we're primarily a FE forum, so I figure we should try our best to make the information as easily accessible as possible.

Anyway, I'll lock your topic in a moment.

Also, could members refrain from posting in this topic until there's actual news? Thanks!

(No need to apologise or anything if you already posted beforehand.)

Edited by VincentASM