Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

so is this gaiden remake going to get a physical release?

Why would it not?

Anyway, I'm fairly disappointed. I went in with lowish expectations too...

Gaiden remake is actually looking looking awesome and way more faithful to the game that I actually thought it would be,  and it seems like it's actually coming this year assuming it's not delayed.  That's really cool I'm excited. 

New game coming for switch eventually, Fire Emblem mobile seems to be everything I thought it would be curious to why android got it first but whatever.  I probably wouldn't play it for more than a couple hours mobile freemium bull crap kinda drains my interest within minutes, it'll probably be on my phone anyways lol.

1 minute ago, saisymbolic said:

I apparently missed the whole stream somehow. G.G. time zones.

Anyways, what date is FEWarriors slated for? I missed it. Gaiden, too, even though I'm not particularly interested in it.

Fall 2017 for Warriors

May for Gaiden

Edited by Nym

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

so is this gaiden remake going to get a physical release?

Boy oh boy, let's hope so. I did notice that it said eShop at the top of the screen...

Anyway, I'm pretty glad that the 3DS is still getting some love. I really don't have the money to upgrade to the Switch quite yet, so it's nice that there stuff for me to play :)

Way better then I thought it would be I wonder how rare those Amiibo will be I will be preordering for sure and I am really happy for the remake of Gaiden which looks amazing I do wish that it had a hard copy release but I am happy with a remake that I can play on my 3DS even if the only way I can play is download version.  FE mobile looks good an I am glad I won't have to pay for it.  I wish there had been more about FE Warriors and looks like I will be buying myself a NS for Christmas since I would have to buy a new system either way to play it.  FE for NS sounds like it will be good hope that they will have a trailer soon.

/index.php?/profile/1121-eclipse/" rel="">@eclipse Increasing rarity might have to do with fusing the hero with fusion material or other versions of it, idk. In Phantom of the Kill there was fusion material spirits that were fused with the hero and increased their rarity, plus some in game money. So I hope it'll be the same way. I wonder if it'll be easy or not.

Seems like they've changed Niime and Wendy's names to reference Arthurian legend, as Gwendolyn/Gwendolen was Merlin's wife in some legends and Nimue is one of the ladies of the lake in Le Morte D'Arthur.

Otherwise, I'm hyped for the Gaiden remake and Heroes looks pretty good. Echoes' cutscenes in particular look super-pretty.

Edited by AzureSen

Little disappointed with the lack of  Fates DLC, but I guess they are trying to drop that one as fast as they can at this point, which sucks.

everything else looks great though.

Edited by Tolvir

Man, despite the length of the Direct, the information was both surprising yet extremely fruitful that left me feeling both satisfied and EXTREMELY excited. 

I'm really looking forward to play Fire Emblem Heroes and it's definitely what I imagined it would be like since a lot of mobile games follow that same formula. Kind of reminds me of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X a little to be honest.

But I'm really excited for the Gaiden remake. As much as I want to play the older games, I just cannot stand the art style so I'm really glad they're remaking a classic with updated visuals. 

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

/index.php?/profile/1121-eclipse/" rel="">@eclipse Increasing rarity might have to do with fusing the hero with fusion material or other versions of it, idk. In Phantom of the Kill there was fusion material spirits that were fused with the hero and increased their rarity, plus some in game money. So I hope it'll be the same way. I wonder if it'll be easy or not.

It looks like it'll be some sort of orb cost (the in-game currency).  If so, then I REALLY disagree with that, unless they plan on being super-generous with them!

I'll be going F2P for this game, since I'm broke.  I'll gladly keep everyone updated about it!

2 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

Man, despite the length of the Direct, the information was both surprising yet extremely fruitful that left me feeling both satisfied and EXTREMELY excited. 

I'm really looking forward to play Fire Emblem Heroes and it's definitely what I imagined it would be like since a lot of mobile games follow that same formula. Kind of reminds me of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X a little to be honest.

But I'm really excited for the Gaiden remake. As much as I want to play the older games, I just cannot stand the art style so I'm really glad they're remaking a classic with updated visuals. 

This looks NOTHING like Unchained, except the start screen.

Edited by eclipse

Fire Emblem Echoes seem pretty neat, though I won't pretend I'm super excited since I don't really know much about that original game

Meanwhile Fire Emblem Mobile looks awesome and my old iPhone 4 (or is it 4s?) BETTER run it or something in my house is ending up in pieces (probably ice cream in my mouth). The art is adorable and reminds me of some other mobile games I used to play, and finding out who voices who is gonna be fun. Also the voting thing is neat, and I just love that it spans the entire series and we get votes pretty much every day for the next two weeks. Vote for Lucius! or no one will find your body. ok not really but still vote for him please.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

Oh, that reminds me.  I REALLY didn't need the "half-dead" art I saw.  I could've lived my entire life content without knowing that Lyn doesn't wear a bra.

I have to admit though, it's was quite fast for another Fire Emblem game, I'm kinda a little bit scare for the quality because I feel that they just rushed this game.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Alright, time to talk everyone's ear off about mobile.  Source: I play multiple games in this genre.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire Emblem Heroes looks promising.  The pay prices look about standard so far.  Whether or not it's actually balanced will remain to be seen - I'd need to see mission drops/rewards and how much stuff it takes to Do Things in-game (not just the example shown).

The pull system remains to be seen - how will they handle duplicates?  What about inventory space (sorry FE units)? How hard will it be to up rarity?  I like the decreasing cost, as well as the "filter" for pulls, but how does the filter reset?  Will we be stuck with orbs we don't want, or can we reset them?

If they stick to the usual FE mechanics, then calculating stat impact shouldn't be too bad.  I'm a little miffed that promotion wasn't shown (not that rarity crap, the ability to give Stahl full weapon triangle control), and I'd love to see what the growth rates are.

Overall, it's a good start.

And I must agree with you on those points. It looks promising. But we still need more information about it.

Also, woah, all the people complaining and moaning that Gaiden's remake would shove in Avatars sure have a lot of self-retrospection to do. Not even Heroes has Avatars. Those people overreacted at the very least.

Edited by Freyjadour