Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It looks like it'll be some sort of orb cost (the in-game currency).  If so, then I REALLY disagree with that, unless they plan on being super-generous with them!

I'll be going F2P for this game, since I'm broke.  I'll gladly keep everyone updated about it!

Let's see how it does. It comes in less than 15 days, and it looks fun for a mobile game. The orbs are for summoning new heroes, and I think using them for increasing rarity will be a bad move, unless they're generous with them.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

WOW! That Gaiden remake looks awesome!

Kinda bummed that we didn't get more on Warriors, but a release date is cool. New 3DS will hopefully put people's expectations in check.

I think this is the first time I've felt excited for a mobile game. That art was awesome!

I mean, Hyrule Warriors was ported in full to the 3DS; most people are expecting FE Warriors to be of similar scale, so I don't think there's too many expectations that need to be checked.

I wonder if Echoes will influence the Warriors roster at all. Alm and Celica are getting their amiibos, and I'd be willing to say they'd show up at DLC at some point.

Ugh I never thought a Gaiden remake would be what I needed to get back into FE.

Despite having not played gaiden I am very excited for echoes, the art style they are going with looks wonderful. 

Heroes looks adorable and I can definitely see myself wasting way too much money on that game trying to get my favorites.

Just now, eclipse said:

Oh, that reminds me.  I REALLY didn't need the "half-dead" art I saw.  I could've lived my entire life content without knowing that Lyn doesn't wear a bra.

Yeah, the clothing damage is pretty questionable. Reminds me a little of Touken Ranbu/Kantai Collection's similar mechanics, which makes me wonder if this is just a thing in Japanese mobile games now.

Also, looking at the voting options for the Choose Your Legends, and some of the translations for the older games are...interesting, to say the least: https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series

At least "Noish" has finally been localized as Naoise.

Just now, Ema Skye said:

I wonder if Echoes will influence the Warriors roster at all. Alm and Celica are getting their amiibos, and I'd be willing to say they'd show up at DLC at some point.

Ugh I never thought a Gaiden remake would be what I needed to get back into FE.

Prepare for Alm and Celica on next Smash. Also, I'm 99% sure they will be in Warriors.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

This looks NOTHING like Unchained, except the start screen.

Oh no, I'm talking in terms of core mechanics - the forumla of collecting units, leveling them up/raising them, units having different rarity, etc. Of course, there are a lot of mobile games that follow that but Unchained X was the first thing that came to mind. But yeah, they don't look the same lmao.

Just now, CT075 said:

The best part of this is that now all of the names are localized.

ALL HAIL GWENDOLYN

And Azel is now Azelle. It sounds a bit like a girls name to be honest.

I haven't seen any other new names aside from those two yet.

7 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Fire Emblem Echoes seem pretty neat, though I won't pretend I'm super excited since I don't really know much about that original game

Spoiler

You control two armies.

Alm's consists of beefcakes.

Celica's of glorious magic users and pegasi.

You fight against overpowered zombie dragons from, like, very early on.

Magicians have spells which cost HP.

Nothing ever hits.

You can "explore" dungeons.

Weapons don't break.

Nothing ever hits.

Enemies can summon stuff which prolongs the maps by a literal fuckton. You can counter this with summons of your own in case you like watching 1991 NPC's duking it out.

Speaking of A.I, I hope you like Witches who can teleport anywhere and wipe the floor with Alm's army...should the A.I be so inclined as to use that spell.

There's loot in the game which would be perfect for newer installments of the series, and I can't believe Gaiden was so ahead of its time in that regard.

Nothing seriously ever hits.

It's got a lot of good ideas, but it mostly falls on some less than stellar execution. This game could bring back those ideas and fix some of the things that didn't work so well.

So uh, apparently I can't make spoiler tags anymore.

Edited by Thane

I'm waiting for Fire Emblem Echoes the most, and it gets released on my birthday.

I voted for Canas in the polls.  A cool guy with the best dark magic in the series (IMO).

Echoes came out of nowhere and as someone who hasn't played Gaiden I can't wait! I hope they don't add TOO much from more recent games for the sake of having them (*cough* children in Fates *cough*). And it's coming out in May! That's so close!

The news of a full FE game on the Switch came out of nowhere and got me hyped as well - I thought Yuri was talking about Warriors at first! (Also, great job getting him on board Nintendo and/ or Intelligent Systems - did he voice Lon'qu?) It'll be interesting to see how they go back to a single screen though.

Warriors was just what I expected but the N3DS news was a great surprise. Interesting decision though it may hurt interest in the Switch - after all, Nintendo conveniently left that announcement out when they uploaded the trailer and the game page on their site still calls it a Switch game.

Heroes looks really fun! My only concern is that Final Fantasy Brave Exvius already scratches the JRPG itch (and this trailer gave me a lot of deja vu with the whole recruiting old characters thing), but map movement, voice acting and other touches will hopefully make this game shine bright in its own right - I know I'll be grabbing it! Did anyone else notice there's no perma-death? I think it was a smart decision for a mobile title where characters are bought (with orbs or real money), but what do you all think?

If there's one thing that upsets me it's that we didn't hear anything about a Complete Edition or second wave of Special Editions for Fates (or a Switch remaster). LET ME PLAY IT ALREADY NINTENDO.

P.S. I voted for Eirika for my Day One. Sacred Stones will always have a special place in my heart regardless of how good or bad its protagonists are. I hope FE8 (and other titles of course) get some love in Warriors without being DLC.

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

Oh no, I'm talking in terms of core mechanics - the forumla of collecting units, leveling them up/raising them, units having different rarity, etc. Of course, there are a lot of mobile games that follow that but Unchained X was the first thing that came to mind. But yeah, they don't look the same lmao.

It's closer to Mobius, IMO, right down to much more controlled pulling (Mobius wins this one by a mile).  Except Fates' battle panties make more sense than the design decisions in Mobius.

All this stuff... and here I am, going, "Alm is now left-handed, AWESOME!" XD

What can I say, I like it when left-handedness gets representation in fictional characters...

Wow, that really was a short Direct. That said, I take back what I said about not being interested in Gaiden; I just may scoop up Echoes this May.

For FE: Warriors, if I'm being honest, I really didn't care about seeing footage of Chrom fighting fodder troops using Zhou Tai's sword slash shit. I still want the game, though.

Lastly, I'm incredibly excited that the next FE game (or whatever it is) is in development. Let's see if IS learned from their mistakes this time. Regardless, I think it'll be a good game despite knowing absolutely nothing about it

Edited by saisymbolic
elaboration

4 minutes ago, Sasori said:

And Azel is now Azelle. It sounds a bit like a girls name to be honest.

I haven't seen any other new names aside from those two yet.

There's quite a few in the Genealogy section alone (Faval -> Febail, Ferry -> Erinys, Tinny -> Tine, Noish -> Naoise, etc.). I might go through and compile a list just for fun.

Edited by AzureSen

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I mean, Hyrule Warriors was ported in full to the 3DS; most people are expecting FE Warriors to be of similar scale, so I don't think there's too many expectations that need to be checked.

I'm largely referring to people thinking that FE Warriors can have 50+ characters on it. I don't even think the New 3DS could handle that many, considering it still struggles with Hyrule Warriors.

Also these localized names are amazing. I laughed so hard to Gwendolyn. Because no one in FE can have normal names apparently.

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Wow, that really was a short Direct. That said, I take back what I said about not being interested in Gaiden; I just may scoop up Echoes this May.

For FE: Warriors, if I'm being honest, I really didn't care about seeing footage of Chrom fighting fodder troops using Zhou Tai's sword slash shit. I still want the game, though.

Lastly, I'm incredibly excited that the next FE game is in development. Let's see if IS learned from their mistakes this time. Regardless, I think it'll be a good game despite knowing absolutely nothing about it

I think the length was actually perfect since there's no more to pull from FE under its current situation, it is still growing and they are pulling a lot of incredible things: a 3DS remake, a cross-over featured in Switch and 3DS, FE16 on Switch AND a mobile game. That's actually a lot so far. Oh and there's also amiibo.

I personally voted for Eirika since Sacred Stones is the first FE game I've played and I just love her so much ;A;

Though, something I'm a bit confused about, they showed a lot of characters (both in battle and as just a sprite on the battlefield), so does that mean those characters are guaranteed part of the game? Unless I missed something but it seems odd to have character slots opened for voting when some of them were already showcased in the game.

Like with Laslow for example. His sprite showed up a few times so imagine if Inigo made it in it too lmao

Edited by carefreejules

Just now, Ema Skye said:

I'm largely referring to people thinking that FE Warriors can have 50+ characters on it. I don't even think the New 3DS could handle that many, considering it still struggles with Hyrule Warriors.

Also these localized names are amazing. I laughed so hard to Gwendolyn. Because no one in FE can have normal names apparently.

Roster size should not be a problem at all; look at Smash 3DS. How much it can render on screen at once is the problem.

1 minute ago, Ema Skye said:

New 3DS handles 50 or so smash characters, don't understand why it couldn't For Warriors.

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

There's quite a few in the Genealogy section alone (Faval -> Febail, Ferry -> Erinys, Tinny -> Tine, Noish -> Naoise, etc.). I might go through and compile a list just for fun.

And they went with Lachesis for a certain princess whose name was butchered in Awakening