Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

29 minutes ago, CT075 said:

That's the weirdest part; some of them are reasonable/actually look thought out (Fury -> Erinys, Holyn -> Culainn) and then there's shit like Silque. Also, Robin vs Tobin sure is a decision, but FE14 Arthur co-exists with FE4 Arthur.

What's funny about this is that they actually fixed one of the weirder name changes with Raquesis getting changed back to Lachesis.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually really excited for the Gaiden remake since it's my third favorite entry in the series and what they have shown so far (as well as the lack of an avatar) looks rather good; those character deigns are great. The music's also sounding nice, and that's an important aspect of Gaiden for me. ... Man, I think this is the most excited for a game I've been in a while, haha. Here's hoping it really is as good as it seems to be!

The blurbs about FE on Switch and Warriors might as well have not been there for me, though I suppose it's nice that it is confirmed for the Switch. Heroes is very aesthetically pleasing and I'm intrigued, but I won't care about it until after Echoes.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yup, I posted later on the bad news. However:

"HOPE WILL NEVER DIE"

... and this hints my next character option. I hope FEH makes it to other countries as well. Also, I want a thread to discuss about Heroes

could you /index.php?/profile/1121-eclipse/" rel="">@eclipse, please

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, good to see my country made it in. But geez, just it and Brazil for Latin America? Hopefully they add the others later on...

As a Brazillian I'm shocked that Brazil was included at all.

I almost gave up hope of ever having this game.

So, my suspicions were right on Gaiden coming after all!!!!

Fair warning, the spoiler sections are me just rambling.

Spoiler

So, honestly, I am liking the direction for Gaiden, much as it has some things that are pretty atypical for the series. Well, fitting as this is Gaiden. Sorry, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. They're making the point of both countries having issues in even the opening trailer, which is better than Fates did. Well, I think I'm being mean here to be honest.

No sign of HP drain on magic use as yet, but it could be shown outside the battle screen.

Also, a release so soon is nice to see (is it 19th May for Europe too? Nintendo UK's video says that, but it's Yuri speaking, and we may have just got America's video).

Liking that dungeon crawling has free movement (progress from My Castle), while keeping the world map and exploring it. As long as moving on said map is not the same as the original.

Cutscenes are nice, though I hope the voices don't sound like it's a radio drama all the time. And even the in engine stuff is good (especially that Alm-Mycen spar)

The switch release, well, there's nothing much there to see, just that it's a thing.

And dammit Warriors, do you need to tempt me on getting a NEW 3DS?

As for Heroes, well:

Spoiler

So, a new game, but pretty similar in setting. And it involves summoning heroes. This could be FE's All The Bravest, or it could be at least decent. Small maps are sad to see, but not surprising.

While I thought the new characters were avatars, apparently not. Well, that's a mistake on my part.

And hey, Nino one-rounding while unpromoted? That's nice to see. :P

And magic/weapon triangle hybrid? Huh. Bows look to be outside this as well. Also note that permadeath is unlikely, though that would be maddening for this game imo.

Least it shows where the purchases are going to come from for this game, not like I could see how much it would cost.

And voicing, even for Narcien or Lilina? Pfft, much as that sounds hilarious, there might be something big in the background.

The visuals are pretty nice, but I'm on about the background and concept art.

Yes, it's on Android, so that's good to see.

Also, with all the FE6 stuff shown and played in the Heroes section, is that what's coming next?

Also, is there nothing on VC releases? :(

All in all, liked what I saw, or at least didn't dislike a bit, so that's a nice impression to start.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

As a Brazillian I'm shocked that Brazil was included at all.

I almost gave up hope of ever having this game.

Brazil is the biggest country in South America, though, which makes it a first option to include the app on it. I expect the others to be included, or at least Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Paraguay and Uruguay ~

What a fantastic direct: the Gaiden remake - so far - looks pretty good and seems to finally "introduce" fully dubbed dialogues in the FE series. Also, Alm and Celica looks really gorgeous; the mobile game seems nice and I can see myself playing it for quite some time until the gaiden remake releases and for FE Switch, well there is not much that it can be said, tough It's nice to know that It's being developed right now.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

New 3DS handles 50 or so smash characters, don't understand why it couldn't For Warriors.

But Smash doesn't have a whole bunch of characters on-screen at once, and if you recall, it couldn't handle 8 Ice Climbers (counting Nana and Popo separately since they still have their own models).

I'm not happy that FE Warriors is going on the 3DS, because it'll limit the Switch version. We probably should expect a small cast like Hyrule Warriors got... Sigh...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But Smash doesn't have a whole bunch of characters on-screen at once, and if you recall, it couldn't handle 8 Ice Climbers (counting Nana and Popo separately since they still have their own models).

I'm not happy that FE Warriors is going on the 3DS, because it'll limit the Switch version. We probably should expect a small cast like Hyrule Warriors got... Sigh...

There's no info whatsoever on whether Koei Tecmo is going for roster parity between versions. Heck, the 3DS version of HW has MORE content. For all we know, the Switch version will have more characters.

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

Damn people are fast.

May Mila bless Enex.

This arrangement of the Alm Map theme 1 is Amazing. I'm getting way too excited right now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, how will they handle the battle theme? Gaiden originally had one and it became quite iconic, so are there any chances that they may let us choose between the "Ablaze versions" and the classic formula(Map theme and - when fightning - normal battle theme)?

Edited by The Malign Knight

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

There's no info whatsoever on whether Koei Tecmo is going for roster parity between versions. Heck, the 3DS version of HW has MORE content. For all we know, the Switch version will have more characters.

Yeah, but then you'll have a lot of 3DS version people whining that they're not getting the same content.

And there isn't as big a capability difference between the Wii U and 3DS as there most certainly is between the 3DS and Switch. The Switch obviously can do a lot more than the 3DS, and Koei won't be able to take advantage of that if both versions get the same amount of content.

I for one can not wait to play Gacha Emblem.

I find it funny that they changed Fury to Erinys.  Was someone at Nintendo Treehouse following bookofholsety on here or something?

Gaiden remake looks hype, and I find it funny that I can clearly hear Takehito Koyasu's voice in the trailer.  Guy must really like Fire Emblem or something.

6 minutes ago, The Geek said:

I for one can not wait to play Gacha Emblem.

I find it funny that they changed Fury to Erinys.  Was someone at Nintendo Treehouse following bookofholsety on here or something?

Gaiden remake looks hype, and I find it funny that I can clearly hear Takehito Koyasu's voice in the trailer.  Guy must really like Fire Emblem or something.

Or they really like mythology.  Honestly, this is a really good compromise, and far better than Erin (which looks like it came out of nowhere).

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Can't you just be happy for us 3DS plebs? I'm grateful more people get to play warriors, including me.

I really need to calm down, I'm still twitching in excitemet over Echoes!

I'm not happy 'cause I don't have a New 3DS. Oh well, I can still play Echoes.

Speaking of, I always imagined Alm wearing sleeker armor and looking more pissed off; I'm surprised to see him in bulky armor and looking all nice. His attitude in Gaiden is pretty much "they invaded us, so fuck 'em".

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

I'm probably going to be one of maybe three people picking Wolt, so you're not alone.

And FE 1/3 Cain with FE5 Cain.

I'm the only person in the world who voted for Ricken day 1. xD; But I do hope some unexpected characters make it out of the vote, rather than ALL the popular ones.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I'm not happy 'cause I don't have a New 3DS. Oh well, I can still play Echoes.

Speaking of, I always imagined Alm wearing sleeker armor and looking more pissed off; I'm surprised to see him in bulky armor and looking all nice. His attitude in Gaiden is pretty much "they invaded us, so fuck 'em".

I'm glad the N3DS is getting more exclusives, xeno was getting lonely. They learned from HW (which should have been N3DS exclusive), and I have great optimism that this will play even better.

Alm is a dream <3