Fire Emblem Direct: Direct Links, Info Collection, Reveal & More

Elieson

38 minutes ago, Thane said:

*vid*

Damn people are fast.

Oh my god...  I just...

I can't believe we're getting this game.  I loved the tracks in FE Gaiden, and it's amazing that we'll be getting remastered versions of them.  Especially if all of them are as well done as that.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, General Banzai said:

Gaidan remake looks god tier. The fact that there's no obnoxious nine month wait for localization is making me hyped almost as much as the fantastic art.

People rag on FE13/14, but damn I'm enjoying this whole "People actually play Fire Emblem" thing

This is probably the best part. Not only is America getting the game only a month after Japan, but it also means less time for people translating and spoiling the entire script before the localized release.

2 hours ago, Ema Skye said:

I'm largely referring to people thinking that FE Warriors can have 50+ characters on it. I don't even think the New 3DS could handle that many, considering it still struggles with Hyrule Warriors.

Also these localized names are amazing. I laughed so hard to Gwendolyn. Because no one in FE can have normal names apparently.

It's kinda just a common localization tactic; make things more exotic. The sterling example is FFVI, where Tina became Terra. In Monster Hunter, monster subspecies are literally "monster name subspecies"; in the localization, it'll be (for instance) "Azure Rathalos" or "Glacial Agnaktor" or some adjective better describing it.

Did anyone else notice that that Fire Emblem theme at the beginning of the direct (and later on) was actually being sung.... in English? Never thought I'd see the day. Pretty sure it was English, anyway. I couldn't quite make out the lyrics over Yuri Lowenthal's rather fitting voice. He did a fantastic job, btw.

For our first FE Direct, that was excellent. I was not disappointed other than I don't have a New 3DS. I think I'd rather get a Switch anyway with Warriors and FE Switch 2018 on the way. My opinions on each game are in their respective threads.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not happy that FE Warriors is going on the 3DS, because it'll limit the Switch version. We probably should expect a small cast like Hyrule Warriors got... Sigh...

3DS wasn't the reason for the small character pool in Hyrule Warriors - Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (which uses the exact same engine as Hyrule Warriors Legends) had a roster of 55 characters playable and it should be noted that unlike Wii U Hyrule Warriors, Legends allowed for instant swapping between 4 playable characters in different places in some sizable maps, and you could direct currently uncontrolled characters to anywhere in the map.

I was hoping more info would be shown about Warriors--like more character reveals, for instance. Oh well. Wasn't expecting it to be a New 3DS title, also.

Good to see another game is in development for the Switch. Now this one I REALLY want to see more info on.

Can't say a whole lot about Heroes. I'm not interested in mobile games.

But that Gaiden remake...THAT one I'm looking forward to. I've never played the original, so this will be like a new Fire Emblem game to me. And it's not even that far off! I can't wait. I just hope the story is at least decent.

Well, I'll be getting a Switch, if the next FE game is on it.

Is everybody getting Gaiden in May, or just Japan?  If they do a simultaneous release, like Pokemon, that'll be great!  (Sorry, if this has been answered already, there's 7 pages already.)

I wonder how many features (avavtars, children units, etc) they'll try to shoehorn into Gaiden.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is everybody getting Gaiden in May, or just Japan?  If they do a simultaneous release, like Pokemon, that'll be great!  (Sorry, if this has been answered already, there's 7 pages already.)

I wonder how many features (avavtars, children units, etc) they'll try to shoehorn into Gaiden.

I'm hoping there won't be any children or avatars. But, Supports may be nice? ...so long as they're limited, anyway (by that I mean not making it so that everyone of the opposite gender can support each other).

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Echoes is releasing on April 20th in Japan, May 19th for us. 

Also the less talk of potential avatars and child units the better, hopefully they don't.

4 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

I'm hoping there won't be any children or avatars. But, Supports may be nice? ...so long as they're limited, anyway (by that I mean not making it so that everyone of the opposite gender can support each other).

Est and Leo better not S Support.  I know this is Fire Emblem, but that would just be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Echoes is releasing on April 20th in Japan, May 19th for us. 

Also the less talk of potential avatars and child units the better, hopefully they don't.

I'm pretty sure they'll do an Avatar of some sort, probably like Kris.

I hope they don't do children units, but who knows what crazy justification they'll try to use to add them.  When two lovers carve their initials into the great Milla Tree, it bears fruit, which transforms into a grown child, fully ready to join their parents in battle...

Hey, I got my sig back!

Edited by Rezzy

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm pretty sure they'll do an Avatar of some sort, probably like Kris.

I hope they don't do children units, but who knows what crazy justification they'll try to use to add them.  When two lovers carve their initials into the great Milla Tree, it bears fruit, which transforms into a grown child, fully ready to join their parents in battle...

I'd rather it be more like Robin than Kris, I'm... Not really a fan of Kris whatsoever. Robin at least has some redeeming qualities. 

I think the most incredible thing about this direct is the fact that the first amiibo of the Fire Emblem line we're getting is not Marth. It's not Chrom or Lucina or Ike or Corrin.

It's Alm and Celica.

Incredible.

51 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's kinda just a common localization tactic; make things more exotic. The sterling example is FFVI, where Tina became Terra. In Monster Hunter, monster subspecies are literally "monster name subspecies"; in the localization, it'll be (for instance) "Azure Rathalos" or "Glacial Agnaktor" or some adjective better describing it.

Even in FESS, Rachel became L'Arachel. Names that seem exotic and fitting for a medieval setting to the Japanese don't always seem that way to western audiences. Hence, localization.

I'm excited to get Fire Emblem Echoes. 

But what worries me is why Nintendo is releasing that game only for the 3DS and not for Switch exclusive? That makes me worried that FE might not do so well on Switch.....

The way I would want FE Echoes (1?):

No avatar.  Just Gaiden redone.  We only have Alm and Celica as the protagonists, but the writing is improved all around.  Remastered music, remastered Valentia, reworked gameplay, supports (though certain things shouldn't be involved in that, and if they are... no S-supports for Est, please)... that's all I want.

If we do get an Avatar, don't make them like Kris.  That's a major downside of New Mystery; Kris making it seem like Marth is only the second most important part of the army.  It messes up the dynamic of the original story.  Let the avatar be a member of the army, let them have a part in the story, but don't make them overshadow Alm and Celica.  I know it's a rewrite, but these are classic FE stories that have been around for years.  They may not be the best stories, but they do have clear, definitive heroes.

That being said, since folks are talking about how Echoes might be a series of remakes... I'm thinking we might finally get to see Elibe's most treasured tactician.  For better or worse...

13 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I'm excited to get Fire Emblem Echoes. 

But what worries me is why Nintendo is releasing that game only for the 3DS and not for Switch exclusive? That makes me worried that FE might not do so well on Switch.....

I think Echoes is going to be a spinoff that is going to be focused on the 3ds. The main Fire Emblem game is being put on the switch anyway, this is clearly a remake/spinoff.

nintendo is supporting the 3ds through 2018 anyway, don't forget. 3ds still has a year to two years of life before they take a look at ending it. The 3ds is a handheld system, where the switch is a home console. Neither are really direct competitors anyway. That and this clearly uses Fates/Awakenings engine, and I have a feeling this has been in production longer than people realized.

edit:I won't be surprised if Echoes gets an avatar, they are kind of a mainstay at this point. It has been one of the many things contributing to Fire Emblem's come back, they aren't about to drop it. But judging by the lack of their presence, or even mention in he trailer, I think IS took the criticism well again and have made the avatars take a few steps back in terms of relevance in the story.

Edited by Tolvir

Murdock's new name is now Marduk, according to Heroes's Binding Blade page. I think that's the only name change I dislike, since in in Blazing Sword (or Blade, as it's called now) game, his name is Murdock. Bit strange, in my opinion.

The low-key greatest announcement from the Direct was finally seeing Niles's official art by Kozaki unobstructed. It's simple, but I really do like it.

Does anyone know who narrated the Japanese version of the Direct? I was kinda curious since here, Yuri Lowenthal narrated presumably due to him being the current voice of Marth, but the person narrating the Japanese version doesn't seem to be Marth's Japanese voice actor (although it could be I'm not entirely sure what his regular voice sounds like). I'm guessing that the thing written in the bottom right corner here  zLlCNFO.png is his name since it shows up in the same way Yuri Lowenthal's did in the English version.  Here's the Japanese stream if you can identify his voice but do not know Japanese https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqiLBCjqfXY

Ohhh, that's actually a super cool choice. He's probably the voice actor who's been in the series the absolute longest since he voiced Navarre in the OVA and TMS and seems to be voicing Saber in Echoes

That also probably explains why the mobile game footage has the person playing get lon'qu and having him recruit navarre as well as why they name four random sounding characters after the lords at the end.  All those characters were actually voiced by him

that is neat and cool good job nintendo