Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

9 hours ago, Harvey said:

First turn, one enemy gives her one damage..then the other enemy gives her another one damage? So it could mean that she's attacking the second enemy instead of the first enemy she encounters?

If that was the case why would the ticks still be there? The attacks would've went through, so there would be no reason for the damage ticks to remain after combat as they would be resolved. This is going into full on denial territory.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

If that was the case why would the ticks still be there? The attacks would've went through, so there would be no reason for the damage ticks to remain after combat as they would be resolved. This is going into full on denial territory.

Ok fine so its like how it seems so sue me....

That said, I do wonder..if they won't add supports as well.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:25 AM, Harvey said:

Its a step backwards when you compare this to the other games where they don't lose HP. Infact it worsens them considering how less of def and hp they have..kinda like Pegasus Knights only more unbalanced than that.

Now if you're going to use a very powerful spell book that can cause massive damage to a very strong enemy unit, then I can see how it balances their stats...but losing health on every time you use any sort of spell? Hey I don't mind that depth of strategy so long as its done right. But I know many will get annoyed by this.

First turn, one enemy gives her one damage..then the other enemy gives her another one damage? So it could mean that she's attacking the second enemy instead of the first enemy she encounters?

Go watch a LP of Gaiden. It's not a handicap, and depending on the character and stat growth, it can be OP, both for you and the NPCs.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:25 PM, Harvey said:

Its a step backwards when you compare this to the other games where they don't lose HP. Infact it worsens them considering how less of def and hp they have..kinda like Pegasus Knights only more unbalanced than that.

Now if you're going to use a very powerful spell book that can cause massive damage to a very strong enemy unit, then I can see how it balances their stats...but losing health on every time you use any sort of spell? Hey I don't mind that depth of strategy so long as its done right. But I know many will get annoyed by this.

I think the fact that they lose HP explains the reasons why mages uses tomes in the first. Since the mages in Gaiden learned spells as they leveled up (not tomes), the power to summon spells fatigued them. It explains why mages need tomes in the series, so they don't lose HP when casting magic.

Also for the damage thing you're talking about, Celica doesn't have enough defense to only take 1 damage. She seems to be at Level 1, bc her original HP base stat was 20.

Don't know where else to post this but here goes. Who wants to bet the Alm's sword is going to be to 'monsters' (and Duma, of course) what the Falchion is to dragons from a gameplay perspective? Now a sword like that would have made grinding against the Risen/the Faceless downright hilarious.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

19 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Don't know where else to post this but here goes. Who wants to bet the Alm's sword is going to be to 'monsters' (and Duma, of course) what the Falchion is to dragons from a gameplay perspective? Now a sword like that would have made grinding against the Risen/the Faceless downright hilarious.

Well, Alm's sword is a Falchion (which in Gaiden dealt extra damage to all monsters unless I misremember), though he also has the Royal Sword as another sword exclusive to him, but that just heals him every turn.

Celica can also get a Holy Sword early on... which is effective against monsters.

Well, then I'd say that the Holy weapons are going to be the Wyrmslayers and Dragonpikes to Alm's Falchion equivalent.

@Vier:

Gaiden's weapon names were probably simply meant to be callbacks to the regalia of FE1. I wouldn't be surprised if the Valentian regalia were to get their own names in SoV.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

On 2/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, Tryhard said:

She has 20HP before combat though, you can see it at the left, and it shows you her health depleting to 18 on her bar. It even has little dots under it showing the amount of damage she's taking, same as the skeleton.

4ebea8d393.png

Ohhh so they did keep it, interesting.

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

So no supports for this game then... plus the absence of the weapon triangle....this should be interesting.

That hasn't been confirmed. The Gamespot writer seems incredibly unversed in the series (calling the weapon triangle the "weapon wheel"), and seems to be talking about an absence of pair-up. Plus, in the trailer we specifically see Alm receiving a support bonus from Gray. Nintendo Everything put out what's essentially a rehash of the Gamespot article written by someone equally unfamiliar with the series, and their statement of "No support system during battles" should be discarded outright in light of the above.

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

Huh. Nephew of Rudolf. I like that idea. Almost definitely means we'll be getting more plot from the other side. I wonder if this means there's the two new characters we knew about are the only ones that are new. It'd be kind of strange if Alm's party got new characters and Celica's didn't (assuming Veldt is joining Alm).

Good to see the massive terrain boosts are still there.

For a guy who makes a lot of stupid mistakes, Mira's gear sounds amazing. Almost too amazing. Should probably be removed on Hard. On that note does it mean no Lunatic?

@Dask:

Between this and Shadow Dragon, I'm glad to see that the Kagaverse (or at least Archanea and Valentia throughout the ages, but hopefully it is actually the entire Kagaverse and not just those two) is staying in the better set of hands. Not a completely sin free set of hands, granted, but definitely the one with notably more integrity to it.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

2 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

I was walking through town today and saw Arum and Desaix written. I don't believe in signs, but that was funny.

A quick search saw that Desaix was actually the name of a General of Napoleon (and his nephew.) The more you know.

When I first saw that I took the line "I don't believe in signs" to mean you don't believe in road signs (were you saw the names written). XD

18 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

A quick search saw that Desaix was actually the name of a General of Napoleon (and his nephew.) The more you know.

Aaaand FE strikes again, with its often obscure but actually very meaningful names! One of my favorite parts of the series, honestly. This is cool to know.