Fire Emblem Echoes (Direct Information)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

I agree that Fire Emblem Echoes may be a sub-series that involves remakes of previous games, considering this one is specifically "Shadows of Valentia" for Gaiden. (The Japanese title is Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero King ), so the Echoes is consistent between them.

I am pleased with the designs, seeing as they opted for someone who was not Yusuke Kozaki as well.

I hope no unnecessary mechanics (children/marriage/etc) are forced into it, it is looking pretty good and the wait is not long for once. Japan gets it April 20th on FE day, while US gets May 17th, followed by EU at May 19th. So much better than what usually happens!

FYI, US gets it the 19th as well.

Hoping now we get a My Castle for this game, so we can have online teams of the Story One characters.

I'm surprised their sticking to the main mechanics of the original. I'm happy it's staying true to its roots. I'm wondering what the side characters will look like and I wonder if there'll be any additions?

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

Am I imagining things, or were those characters fully voice-acted in Japanese?

Yep, I heard voices.  One that stood out was I recognized Takehito Koyasu, who has played a character in every fully voiced FE game.

Man, just watched the trailer again. How long has "Celica" been pronounced "seh-li-KAH"? :V I always pronounced it "seh-lee-sa" in my head. Clearly I wasn't paying attention...

The official art looks amazing. I almost wish marriage is in this game so I can marry that white-haired mage, he's real cute.

Edited by Faye

Based on the image we see of the monster map here it's almost certain the white haired mage is Bowey seeing as all seven other characters here are easily identifiable as the earliest recruits on Celica's route. A pretty big redesign, but definitely a cool one, seeing as original Gaiden Bowey was pretty boring.

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

I noticed that there appeared to be a female villager (the one with long white hair) in the video. Did anyone else notice this?

No, do you have a video or screenshot? Wonder if there is an avatar is in the game, albeit with a much more lesser role. 

Edited by Tolvir

I assume he means this on the right, and I have to admit, that stumps me as well. The only characters recruited for Alm by this point would be Alm himself, Luka, Gray, Robin, Cliff and Silk (who's the healer), all of them accounted for (assumedly Luka is the Knight, Gray is the Cavalier, Cliff is the Soldier, Robin is the mercenary? Could be some differences there with Cliff/Robin etc).

New character?

Edited by Tryhard

4 minutes ago, Leif said:

Girl on the far right. With two braids. 

Hmm, with Gaiden's very limited cast that could be anyone really. I imagine they will be adding in a lot of original characters to fill out e cast a bit. I still wonder if that is a possible avatar though. There wasn't any mention of one in the video, but the trailer was really limited in what is being featured anyway. Since most said they want to see the avatar brought back a lot (as in lowered in story importance, a lot), but not exactly removed, they may have done just that. IS has been really good with taking criticism and fixing those exact issues, like pair up and reclass.

Edited by Tolvir

This is definitely either an Avatar or new character. They'll pull a New Mystery of the Emblem I reckon. I just PRAY that this new character will not waste necessary narrative space.  

1 minute ago, Leif said:

This is definitely either an Avatar or new character. They'll pull a New Mystery of the Emblem I reckon. I just PRAY that this new character will not waste necessary narrative space.  

If it is an avatar, judging by the fact that they are in the background and we're given no scenes in the trailer other than that one, they probably wouldn't have any importance at all.

If it is a new character, probably the same to be honest.

I'd imagine it's just a female villager that goes with Alm like Gray, Cliff, Robin, Luka. He does kinda have a sausage party. Someone in the other thread said people spotted their name as "Efi", not sure how true that is.

It's probably a new character. Both routes in Gaiden have a pretty small number of characters at 16 a piece with a lot of class overlap; even each Fates route has over 25 characters, and that's not counting children.

It's what i am thinking too, probably just a new character. It does make me wonder about the fate of avatars for Fire Emblem though, are they gone, or are they there but no longer a main part of the plot? May start a discussion somewhere else on that.

If the mystery character does turn out to be an avatar, hopefully it's not as painfully shoehorned in as the previous avatars in the series, where basically the entire plots of their respective games revolved around them.

A Gaiden remake! I am personally very excited! IS would have to be run by unintelligent bacteria to somehow make this remake worse than the original.

I apologize to any Gaiden fans i may have offended with this post.