Have You Defeated Fire Emblem Gaiden?

Randoman

Did you defeat Fire Emblem Gaiden?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Did you defeat Fire Emblem Gaiden?

• Yes
    • No, but I've played it
    • I've never played Fire Emblem Gaiden before

I'm making this thread since I want to know how many people actually defeated Gaiden, with the Gaiden remake being announced today.

I defeated it a few years ago. It was definitely a tough game (especially with how often enemies double your units and how much monsters the enemy constantly summons), but I'm really glad I defeated it, since even with the issues I had with the game, I found a lot of the mechanics to be really interesting and fun (like the map system) and I really liked the constant contrasting themes in the story (Doma and. Mila, Strength and Kindness, Alm and Celica).

I have. It has its flaws -- and they're fairly strong -- but I found it to be a really neat and unique game compared to other entries in the series. For a Famicom game in particular it was really ambitious and I've always wanted to see what it would be like without having been held back by the system's limitations.

But I hardly ever get the chance to talk about it because nobody else knows anything about it, so... I'm really, really happy about today's announcement, to say the least.

Edited by Iridium

On 1/19/2017 at 0:39 AM, CappnRob said:

Gaiden has been on my to-do list for a while now and with the remake announced the time seems right for me to finally pick at this overlooked classic.

ditto! i generally like to play originals before remakes. in this case we have a lot of time, so i'm going to at least give the original a decent try to find out what it's all about. looking forward to it!

I really enjoyed Gaiden, I think it's a better 'Black sheep' to a series than some. The difference's to FE 1 in game play weren't massive enough to hurt the game and then the RPG style walking around was a fun little extra. Im really interested to see what happens with Echos as it could expand on some of the ideas amazingly. Or just be as meh with them as Gaiden was. The latter console limitations as an excuse, what will yours be Echos?

On 1/18/2017 at 3:09 PM, Iridium said:

I have. It has its flaws -- and they're fairly strong -- but I found it to be a really neat and unique game compared to other entries in the series. For a Famicom game in particular it was really ambitious and I've always wanted to see what it would be like without having been held back by the system's limitations.

But I hardly ever get the chance to talk about it because nobody else knows anything about it, so... I'm really, really happy about today's announcement, to say the least.

You could always talk about it with me!  I've beaten it multiple times, and have seen several speed runs of it on Nico Nico Douga!