Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Wasn't there a story of a guy who spent 6k$ on a in-game lottery for a character with increased chances ?! I think getting rid of the rarity stars would make the game more balanced and increase the chance of getting the character you want. And perma-death would be less dramatic. But it would generate less money... 

In fact there was (it's in the mobile game I play mostly at the moment).

One thing that's generally good to keep in mind with these games is that getting characters is essentially virtual gambling.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On the topic of permadeath, I'm disappointed  it's not in heroes, but it makes sense in the context of the model. My preference would have been similar to Mario Run's pay up front model with optional permadeath, but it is a stark contrast to what the shareholders want. I really dont like freemium titles. 

Whatever, so long as they never fully remove permadeath in the mainline titles, I'm good.

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

....But going back to the topic at hand. So uhh. GameXplain made a video pointing out that a lot of the maps shown in the trailers were compacted versions of classic maps, did anyone else notice that?

Yeah, saw the video. Noticed it too. Really cool idea. Really want to see the isles of Talys, FE7 Endgame, Battle Before Dawn, Arcadia and more.

Right?! I'd also love to see the Dragon's Gate haha. Stuff like Hinoka's chapter in Fates/Conquest (with all the sakura trees) and maybe Ch7 Conquest as well (or 8? Whichever one is the swamp with all the Faceless) would be neat, and I'd absolutely love to see the Mila Tree from Awakening (and presumably Gaiden if it was also in that? I have no idea though haha ;; )

7 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

One thing that's generally good to keep in mind with these games is that getting characters is essentially virtual gambling.

Absolutely a wise and healthy way to approach this game lol. Fortunately for myself I already have extremely stringent spending habits when it comes to stuff like this, but not everyone is used to having to keep themselves on such a tight financial leash. Remember kids, gambling with someone else's currency (IE, fictional/digital) is always better than your own.

Yup, makes sense. January's wallpaper is the game's main characters since we haven't had the opportunity to vote for anyone yet.

What do you think February's will be?

Since only units from those games have appeared in the trailer, I'd imagine the initial roster will have Shadow Dragon, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Awakening, and Fates characters.

11 minutes ago, Matthewtheman said:

Since only units from those games have appeared in the trailer, I'd imagine the initial roster will have Shadow Dragon, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Awakening, and Fates characters.

You're forgetting Eirika appears as well. There's a fair portion of characters. And a lot of them will be featured afterwards with updates or events. So I wouldn't be worried.

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

So uhh. GameXplain made a video pointing out that a lot of the maps shown in the trailers were compacted versions of classic maps, did anyone else notice that?

I haven't forgiven That One Valni Tower map (dunno if FE5 did something similar, but that map in FE8 gave me bad dreams).

55 minutes ago, Hardin said:

The first mobile wallpaper for the game has been released, featuring Alphonse and Sharena. 

47 minutes ago, Hardin said:

February's will feature Veronica, there's a preview version on the official site. 

The first two were teased in the video announcing the Contest & Prizes, fwiw

26 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

You're forgetting Eirika appears as well. There's a fair portion of characters. And a lot of them will be featured afterwards with updates or events. So I wouldn't be worried.

Eirika wasn't in the trailer, only the site artwork. She, along with Ike, doesn't even have a profile at the bottom yet, unlike the rest of the characters in that image, which only further leads me to believe characters from other games will be added later. In fact, I'm betting they'll be adding characters by game.

2 minutes ago, Matthewtheman said:

Eirika wasn't in the trailer, only the site artwork. She, along with Ike, doesn't even have a profile at the bottom yet, unlike the rest of the characters in that image, which only further leads me to believe characters from other games will be added later. In fact, I'm betting they'll be adding characters by game.

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Magvel, Tellius and Judgral (4, 5, 8, 9 and 10) had basically no representation sprites shown throughout the entire thingy. I'm certain they'll be included at some point, probably future DLC, but not upfront

I don't see why Ike would be saved for DLC when he's really popular and in Smash, thus making him a series icon. Other Tellius characters, I can maybe understand, but Ike? He really ought to be in the base game given how many characters we've seen already.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see why Ike would be saved for DLC when he's really popular and in Smash, thus making him a series icon. Other Tellius characters, I can maybe understand, but Ike? He really ought to be in the base game given how many characters we've seen already.

I'm just as confused as to why Ninty decided to release an updated FE2 and throw so much FE6 into this game when they were Japanese exclusive, and dozens of countries are seeing a game featuring characters from two games that they have probably never played

It's possible that they're still working on a system for handling and balancing all of the Laguz, and want to go either All-or-Nothing with Tellius until they're set?

Just now, Elieson said:

I'm just as confused as to why Ninty decided to release an updated FE2 and throw so much FE6 into this game when they were Japanese exclusive, and dozens of countries are seeing a game featuring characters from two games that they have probably never played

It's possible that they're still working on a system for handling and balancing all of the Laguz, and want to go either All-or-Nothing with Tellius until they're set?

Yeah, maybe, and I'm also kind of tired of Tellius getting thrown under the bus lately despite Ike showing up in multiple games recently (Awakening DLC, Smash, Fates, Codename Steam) and getting an Amiibo. Yes, the Tellius games sold poorly, but Ike is very recognizable among the FE and Smash community these days, and some fans outside of them probably know him too. If the rest of Tellius has to wait, at least put him in! Maybe Elincia too since she got Awakening DLC and a Smash trophy.

It confuses me why we're seeing a bunch of FE6 characters, who a lot of us don't really know, and not Magvel or Tellius ones, which we DO know better.

Who knows, maybe they're hinting something for FE6 or just added some FE6 characters because FE7 is also in there ~

I wouldn't speculate so much about characters but rather just enjoy the game. It's not like if the game will be released and that's it, it will have several updates to include new batches of characters.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Binding Blade getting representation is Japan favoritism, since the game was well received there. Tellius, meanwhile, was not well received anywhere. (In terms of sales, I mean!)

9 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Ouch. I don't pay a lot for mobile games, I just bought Infinity Blade III years ago (6€) because I got the I and II for free (app of the week), but that's it. This system is better for persons who wish to finish their "fixed -rate package" at the end of the month. 

Maybe I'll put a few euros, if one character isn't too expensive. Seriously, sometimes it's like 8€ for a single in-game character or feature.  

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not surprised.

Gatcha based games are known for doing this type of thing. They know popular characters and they often make you pay for them or has special events that encourage paying. Fate/Grand Order does similar stuff. They know what draws in money, so they plan around it.

12 hours ago, Elieson said:

One thing that's bugging me...I feel like I should recognize the tune playing here, but I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else recognize it

Rings a bell for me too, I'll do my little research. Tell me if you found out, I'd like to know too.

EDIT : Isn't it a remix of Fight to Tomorrow ? ... Maybe not.

Is the theme in the intro new ? (When the summoners appears). 

To everybody : Did we got any words about the composer ? I'd love Morishita, Kondoh, Hirano and Tsujiyoko to return, they did an amazing job until now.

WAIT, did I see a Pegasus Rider wielding an AXE ?! (how do we post videos now ?)

https://youtu.be/AWOcLSD_D1I?t=147

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

minor nitpick: proper term in this case would be update, not DLC :P:

Anyways, unless the game bombs really bad, I don't see why they wouldn't release the whole FE cast in future updates even if the base game doesn't have everyone.

3 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Ouch. I don't pay a lot for mobile games, I just bought Infinity Blade III years ago (6€) because I got the I and II for free (app of the week), but that's it. This system is better for persons who wish to finish their "fixed -rate package" at the end of the month. 

Maybe I'll put a few euros, if one character isn't too expensive. Seriously, sometimes it's like 8€ for a single in-game character or feature.  

It will definitely be interesting to see how Heroes' payment system will work out. I don't remember seeing the kind of "discounted pulls" the direct showed before. Also worth mentioning is that the prize table in the direct seems better for the consumer than I'm used, which gives me hope Heroes will have rather reasonably priced transactions.

EDIT: though having the cheapest option be 3 orbs when a pull costs 5 is kind of weird

Edited by Sylphid

Here's a thought. Once someone gets either Alm or Celica please remember to compare them to their art in Shadows of Valentia's trailer. That way we'll know if the Valentian characters will be directly derived from their SoV artworks or not.

I don't think they will pull some bitch play ala Mobius FF, in which you have to pay usd $70 (?) To get a premium event character, that's too much. At best, I expect them to release them in Hero Battles for a week or two for limited time; for instance Tsubaki is seen as the leader of a Hero Battle, Abel was shown as well, so there's quite diversity there. Whether these special challenges are hard or not is the question. They can also pull unlockable units as well, in the form of progress during the tower/arena. However, I can see limited time events that upon summoning, you get a special unit, but that'd be through summon orbs rather than paying for the character itself.