Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

You know, I really liked how Yuri's narration during Navarre's segment referenced the way Caeda recruited him in Shadow Dragon.

@AbsoluteZer0Nova way back on page 3:

Your list of Archanea is missing a certain someone. Look at the 15:21 mark of the official trailer. Middle row, second from the right, left of Cherche and above Setsuna. A level 9 woman with an axe icon as well as long, brown hair and a popped collar that is red on the inside and black with a gold trim on the outside. She also appears again at the 17:28 mark. You can find her between Abel and Ryoma with her wearing red colored heavy armor with a golden trim and carrying a huge shield with a similar color scheme as well as an axe.

I'm quite certain that this woman is supposed to be Sheena.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, Gima said:

Yeah, I'm thinking that Binding Blade getting representation is Japan favoritism, since the game was well received there. Tellius, meanwhile, was not well received anywhere. (In terms of sales, I mean!)

This was my thought on the matter of Tellius, TBH. I wasn't sure if BB was popular in Japan, but I figured it had to be based on its representation in the trailer. It's too bad Tellius is so underappreciated, though, I thought those games were solid... 

2 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Here's a thought. Once someone gets either Alm or Celica please remember to compare them to their art in Shadows of Valentia's trailer. That way we'll know if the Valentian characters will be directly derived from their SoV artworks or not.

Good thinking ~3o Given the utter lack of Gaiden characters in the preview, I have a strong feeling that when the game is updated with those characters, that they'll most likely be the Echoes designs-- only makes sense to tie it in to the game's release, IMO. 

Tellius WAS well-received, actually. It simply didn't SELL well. There's a difference between a games sales and how well it was received in the end. PoR and RD got good reviews and ratings overall, with PoR being the higher rated of the two, though not by a whole lot.

@BAN:

Aren't all the characters technically available from the start? As in, not 'actually' from the start but you have a chance to at least randomly get them from an orb or encounter them in a 'hero battle', right? I'm asking because the game comes out on February 2nd meaning that if everyone is already available we might discover the SoV designs some three months or so before the release of SoV. Not only that but we'll also find out about any new characters that were added during the remaking of Gaiden into SoV too.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tellius WAS well-received, actually. It simply didn't SELL well. There's a difference between a games sales and how well it was received in the end. PoR and RD got good reviews and ratings overall, with PoR being the higher rated of the two, though not by a whole lot.

Oh. Well that is good to know, then ~3~ Too bad it didn't get the financial acclaim to match its critical acclaim.

5 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Aren't all the characters technically available from the start? As in, not 'actually' from the start but you have a chance to at least randomly get them from an orb or encounter them in a 'hero battle', right? I'm asking because the game comes out on February 2nd meaning that if everyone is already available we might discover the SoV designs some three months or so before the release of SoV. Not only that but we'll also find out about any new characters that were added during the remaking of Gaiden into SoV too.

There's no way to know for certain, but personally, I think it's safe to assume that characters available starting day 1 will only include those from the games we've seen thus far, and that the others, IF they're not in as I suspect, will be added later. Maybe they'll surprise us and have Tellius/Magvel/Jugdral/etc. in there too, but I think that they showed the game with specific games and characters for a reason.

I suppose. By the way, Narcian never becomes playable in FE6, right? Meaning that, even if we get no others, we might at least get Julius, Trabant, Ishtar, Oliver and the other villains who were in the Awakening DLC but that you never ever got to control in the non-Awakening games.

The confusion as to what exactly I meant when I said "Ike's games were received poorly" is amusing to me, given that I specified that I meant sales in the first place.

You know, I really liked how Yuri's narration during Navarre's segment referenced the way Caeda recruited him in Shadow Dragon.

I really have to admit, Yuri did a really great job narrating the trailer. The part where Lon'qu got brutally killed cracked me up.

@AbsoluteZer0Nova way back on page 3:

Your list of Archanea is missing a certain someone. Look at the 15:21 mark of the official trailer. Middle row, second from the right, left of Cherche and above Setsuna. A level 9 woman with an axe icon as well as long, brown hair and a popped collar that is red on the inside and black with a gold trim on the outside. She also appears again at the 17:28 mark. You can find her between Abel and Ryoma with her wearing red colored heavy armor with a golden trim and carrying a huge shield with a similar color scheme as well as an axe.

I'm quite certain that this woman is supposed to be Sheena.

I'm certain you're absolutely correct.

SheenaHeroes.png

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

I'm certain you're absolutely correct.

SheenaHeroes.png

If you squint really hard, you can see a name in the picture.  It's Sheema all right, but the name looks like "Sheena" in the back.  WTF.

I suppose. By the way, Narcian never becomes playable in FE6, right? Meaning that, even if we get no others, we might at least get Julius, Trabant, Ishtar, Oliver and the other villains who were in the Awakening DLC but that you never ever got to control in the non-Awakening games.

Technically, Narcian was playable on the trial maps.  However, I'm gonna hold on to the slim hope that villains are playable, so I can murder everything with Eldigan/Eltoshan/Lachesis' OTP. :P:

Oliver was recruitable in FE10, and he sucked.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Also, something that caught my attention is that I didn't see a mention of accuracy anywhere, nor a single MISS. Will it be removed ? Myrmidons and co will be screwed.

No Skills stat, either.  I don't know if this means insta-death to squishies, since there's skills in place of that.  Like a lot of other things, we'll just have to wait and see!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No Skills stat, either.  I don't know if this means insta-death to squishies, since there's skills in place of that.  Like a lot of other things, we'll just have to wait and see!

Weird. I agree with you, wait and see, but I'm not really patient haha! I think that came with the new system of classes that kinda disappeared. Some classes' niches will probably disappear too. 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

The Fall of the Myrmidons? lol could be. Yeah, I think it's a strong possibility that misses/accuracy in general will not be a thing, unless there are special skills/abilities that allow for it or something. 

Here's what I've seen so far, off of the top of my head:

- Myrmidon/Samurai
- whatever Lyn is (hopefully not a myrmidon)
- Fighter/Warrior (dunno what they did with FE6 Bartre)
- Wyvern Knight
- Griffon Knight
- Knight
- Cavalier
- Pegasus Knight
- Mages (all three points of the weapon triangle)
- Valkyrie
- Manakete (all three points of the weapon triangle)
- Dancer
- Wrysbot

Looks like it's a good mix of characters so far.  Again, we're missing a lot of info, so I don't think saying "x is gonna suck" is relevant right now.

Just now, BANRYU said:

The Fall of the Myrmidons? lol could be. Yeah, I think it's a strong possibility that misses/accuracy in general will not be a thing, unless there are special skills/abilities that allow for it or something. 

The problem would be the fact that the Weapon Triangle would not make a big difference for them, since they're already squishy anyway! 

1 minute ago, Gima said:

If there's no Skill stat in this game, I will bet money that there are no Myrmidons.

From what I saw, I think classes will not be in there. There will be generic classes like Red cavalier, but nothing very precise. More a simple description of the unit than a real class IMO.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Here's what I've seen so far, off of the top of my head:

- Myrmidon/Samurai
- whatever Lyn is (hopefully not a myrmidon)
- Fighter/Warrior (dunno what they did with FE6 Bartre)
- Wyvern Knight
- Griffon Knight
- Knight
- Cavalier
- Pegasus Knight
- Mages (all three points of the weapon triangle)
- Valkyrie
- Manakete (all three points of the weapon triangle)
- Dancer
- Wrysbot

Looks like it's a good mix of characters so far.  Again, we're missing a lot of info, so I don't think saying "x is gonna suck" is relevant right now.

I think each character will have his "own" class that is not really one. When you get one character, there is no mention of his class, same for the menu in which you can listen to his/her voice, same for the menu with weapons and skills. They are probably reduced by their weaknesses, abilities and "color" aka place in the Weapon Triangle.

Well we already know that classes in their traditional sense don't exist in this game. They ARE somewhat represented in terms of the character models/battle animations so far; I've noticed that Sophia and Robin use the same battle animations, which to me sort of indicates that characters who belong to the same or similar classes will have their sprites/assets mapped to the same set of character animations and whatnot. I didn't look quite as closely with other characters, but I'd be willing to bet that Lyn probably shares the myrmidon battle animations. 

Edited by BANRYU

Protip, hold on to your Xanes. Assuming that he still functions in a similar manner as to how he did back in FE11, of course. Because he is the only character to function in such a manner, you know.

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Well we already know that classes in their traditional sense don't exist in this game. They ARE somewhat represented in terms of the character models/battle animations so far; I've noticed that Sophia and Robin use the same battle animations, which to me sort of indicates that characters who belong to the same or similar classes will have their sprites/assets mapped to the same set of character animations and whatnot. I didn't look quite as closely with other characters, but I'd be willing to bet that Lyn probably shares the myrmidon battle animations. 

That makes sense. Only enemies seem to have generic classes based on their characteristics. 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Allright I watched the Direct again real quick and there's no indication of whether Lyn has the myrmidon model or not lol, her only appearance is getting zapped by Sophia. One thing I DID notice is that Lon'qu and Navarre both have different idles stances, but use the same attacking animations. So that's kinda interesting.

11 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Protip, hold on to your Xanes. Assuming that he still functions in a similar manner as to how he did back in FE11, of course. Because he is the only character to function in such a manner, you know.

Hell yeah dude, I'm gonna try to squeeze in a vote for him as well haha. Chances are they might just make him a generic manakete...? But... Man, I hope not.

14 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I think the class differentiation will be:

- stats (Knights will have high defense, Myrmidons will be super-speedy, etc.)
- terrain quirks (fliers can fly)

Oh, I also forgot to mention Archers and Ninja in that list.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think the class differentiation will be:

- stats (Knights will have high defense, Myrmidons will be super-speedy, etc.)
- terrain quirks (fliers can fly)

Oh, I also forgot to mention Archers and Ninja in that list.

That's one idea, certainly! We definitely know that 'terrain quirks' will be a thing so far. It would definitely ease the burden of programming if certain classes had stat builds automatically assigned to them, but more likely, each character will probably have unique builds based on their actual stats. Things like knights with high Def and so forth will most probably be a trend, at the very least.