Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

So we must finish the game in Normal before accessing Hard and Lunatic?

Shit.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

After beating a chapter on Normal, Hard is unlocked for the same chapter. Then, Lunatic. Basically, yes, play through the game three times.

It looks like after you beat a series of chapters, you unlock the next mode of difficulty. It'd be like in FE10, beating the entirety of 1-P, 1-1, 1-2...1-E on Normal unlocks 1-P Hard, 1-1 Hard, etc, not, 1-P N, 1-P H, 1-P L, 1-1 N, etc. I'm having a bit of a challenge understanding exactly how it is, but I think you need to beat the series of chapters, rather than each one itself. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It looks like after you beat a series of chapters, you unlock the next mode of difficulty. It'd be like in FE10, beating the entirety of 1-P, 1-1, 1-2...1-E on Normal unlocks 1-P Hard, 1-1 Hard, etc, not, 1-P N, 1-P H, 1-P L, 1-1 N, etc. I'm having a bit of a challenge understanding exactly how it is, but I think you need to beat the series of chapters, rather than each one itself. 

That must be for balance reasons, so your heroes can stay balanced on higher difficulties, basically when you're done with Normal you can have the same experience in Hard with the same heroes. I can't help but being skeptical about the game balance though, with different rarities, heroes, etc.

I really hope Normal is hard enough to some challenge. I wish we could access at least Hard immediately.

17 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

This notification from Nintendo of America's Twitter Page makes me fear that Ike and Lyn were displaced by Roy and Lucina in the poll. Granted, Ike has no official art for the game, but Lyn did, and Lucina is featured over her. 

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/826194223745556480

FEHeroes.PNG

Well seeing as how on the Japanese twitter for Heroes I guess we should assume that Robin and Takumi are far up too now? 

C3fPTLbVUAAYmBo.jpg:large

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a picture.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Yeah it's the same as PotK, clear a group of chapters on a difficulty to unlock a harder one. Now I hope we get a lot of orbs because orbs will be used for everything, forcing players to get more of them and/or purchase them. I was hoping recovery/revive would work with a different resource but oh well, not terrible.

1 hour ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Well seeing as how on the Japanese twitter for Heroes I guess we should assume that Robin and Takumi are far up too now? 

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a picture.

They could always finish with the characters in the top though; that'd make sense!

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

By the way, was there any prior announcement when the ballot winners would be unveiled?

I completely forgot if there was.

I don't think there was. Maybe/probably tomorrow, when all the votes are accounted for.

In other news, gamespot on FE Heroes: http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/10-things-we-learned-playing-the-new-fire-emblem-h/2900-1086/

I'm both excited and afraid. Excited because OMG IKE WAS WINNING FOR MEN AND COULD STILL WIN. Afraid because, of course, both Ikes could drop and lose. In fact, I had a baaaad dream that that happened the other night. Okay, it wasn't literally a nightmare of course, but it was like omg why brain. Don't mess with me like that, man. D:

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm both excited and afraid. Excited because OMG IKE WAS WINNING FOR MEN AND COULD STILL WIN. Afraid because, of course, both Ikes could drop and lose. In fact, I had a baaaad dream that that happened the other night. Okay, it wasn't literally a nightmare of course, but it was like omg why brain. Don't mess with me like that, man. D:

Considering we already have an Anna to start off with, I'm not feeling the same way as you, though I can relate. Would love to see Awakening Anna get in though. I much prefer her design to Commander Anna, whose face looks super weird, as well as her one smaller arm.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Is it weird that I'm all giddy about the results of the poll? I love stuff like this and can't wait to see how the list has changed. Man, I hope it's released tomorrow.

For me I'm optimistic the results will be the same for both the Top 10s -Donnel and female Robin but scared for a VERY bad case scenario it better just come tomorrow!

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

Considering we already have an Anna to start off with, I'm not feeling the same way as you, though I can relate. Would love to see Awakening Anna get in though. I much prefer her design to Commander Anna, whose face looks super weird, as well as her one smaller arm.

Fates and Tellius have my favorite Anna designs. Tellius Anna is pretty imo and Fates Anna is cute.

But Ike will eventually be in the game if he isn't already there. I'm disappointed that he doesn't appear to be in it to start off, but whatcha gonna do...

I have a feeling that a reason he got so many votes though, is so the fans could make it clear that they want his games available again.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You shouldn't worry too much about it. I have devoted two entire ballots to PoR Ike. I wouldn't count on him losing.

Just now, Don't Blame Takumi said:

You shouldn't worry too much about it. I have devoted two entire ballots to PoR Ike. I wouldn't count on him losing.

I do think he's more likely to win than lose, but you never know. We don't know exactly who voted who after the halfway point.

An interesting piece of info popped up recently: the draw rates for heroes on the different banners and such.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/fire-emblem-heroes-plenty-additional-details-previews-system-requirements-etc/

3-star hero: 61%

4-star hero: 36%

5-star hero: 3%

I play Final Fantasy Record Keeper quite a bit, and compared to the current content in the game, the 3% draw rate is about equivalent to the rate of what you'd get if you managed to get one of the top prizes on a banner in FFRK (either Overstrike Soul Break relics or Burst Soul Break relics). I know that you can't really compare the two, since one is items, and the other is people, but at least the overall draw rates for rare content aren't "terrible" like some games are.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

An interesting piece of info popped up recently: the draw rates for heroes on the different banners and such.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/fire-emblem-heroes-plenty-additional-details-previews-system-requirements-etc/

I play Final Fantasy Record Keeper quite a bit, and compared to the current content in the game, the 3% draw rate is about equivalent to the rate of what you'd get if you managed to get one of the top prizes on a banner in FFRK (either Overstrike Soul Break relics or Burst Soul Break relics). I know that you can't really compare the two, since one is items, and the other is people, but at least the overall draw rates for rare content aren't "terrible" like some games are.

Except with Record Keeper, it's a 13% overall chance to get any 5*. 3% is awful, but going to have to wait and see how summoning fully works before I pass final judgement. Front page news post made it seem like there's a rolling gacha.

I don't know much about Record Keeper specifically, but 3% on highest rarity items is actually on or above standard for most things. The rate for an SSR item in Granblue fantasy is 3%, a 5 star hero in Fate/Grand Order is 1% iirc, and Heroes increases the rate on 5 star drops over time if you don't get them, which isn't a feature in either of the former games. Considering that 3 and 4 stars can be upgraded(meaning 5 star draws appear to mostly be timesavers), the draw rates seem quite good to me. If anything, Record Keeper having a 13% draw rate on SSR/5 Star or equivalent(in Granblue fantasy, you have an 18% chance of anything SR or higher, with SSRs being 3%) is an extreme outlier, if those rates are true.

10 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

Except with Record Keeper, it's a 13% overall chance to get any 5*. 3% is awful, but going to have to wait and see how summoning fully works before I pass final judgement. Front page news post made it seem like there's a rolling gacha.

It's 14% actually. But despite that, there is a distinction in the overall quality of the 5* relics on current banners. These are the typical odds for relics on the current existing banners.

OSB or BSB: 1%

BSB: 1%

BSB: 1%

Super Soul Break: 2% (total of 4, so 8%)

Unique Soul Breaks: one is 2%, and one is 1%

Overall, it adds to 14%, but in going through high end-content in FFRK, Burst Soul Breaks are basically a fundamental part of clearing the content. Super Soul Breaks are a good supplement, but not at BSB level, and outside of a few specific exceptions, no one uses Unique Soul Breaks anymore. I see the 3% of the BSBs and the 3% of 5* heroes in Heroes as being roughly idenitical. And don't forget, it's still possible to level up characters to 5*, so functionally, it's even better than that.

1 hour ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

While I don't doubt the numbers, where do they come from exactly?

11 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'd imagine they're either mentioned in game, someone asked a Nintendo rep about them, or they were reported to the Japanese authorities and someone got a hold of the data (recall hearing that things like draw rates are required by law to be reported for Gacha games like this)

43 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I believe the summoning screen has a clickable sign that says 'appearance rate' or something similar. Tales of Link has that too and it shows the % chance of getting certain star characters (5% for 5 stars in that game). It might be the same here and the people who got their hands on the game pressed it.