• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I just used feathers to get Odin up to 4*.  His start is extremely shaky, thanks to a weapon that requires buffs.  Once he gets going, he's pretty tanky for a mage, and he turns defensive buffs into damage.  Moonbow's a pretty good skill, too.  Right now, he's my strongest blue unit.  Any blue magic user would fit IMO, but Odin's the easiest to get.

Ok perfect, that gives me enough encouragement to persevere with him, thankyou.

3 hours ago, Disu said:

Welp, spent my first 20,000 with the help of that twitter event. 

IMG_3549.PNG

Whoah, how did you get the remaining 12 000 feathers so quickly :mellow: ?

Can you post a picture of how Fensalir looks in battle (and map) ? How much did it cost ?

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

26 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Whoah, how did you get the remaining 12 000 feathers so quickly :mellow: ?

Can you post a picture of how Fensalir looks in battle (and map) ? How much did it cost ?

Probably by dismissing unneeded heroes and earning high scores in the arena.

By the way, it's in her character artwork. I'd wager it cost 500 SP.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

By the way, it's in her character artwork. I'd wager it cost 500 SP.

I know, but I'm curious to see how it looks on her sprites!

500! That's a lot, fortunately she gets a lot of SP through her different level-ups (from 2* to 5* you already bought most of her skills)! Let's hope that's cheaper though ('cause my 4* Jeorge doesn't have that much SP)

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I know, but I'm curious to see how it looks on her sprites!

500! That's a lot, fortunately she gets a lot of SP through her different level-ups (from 2* to 5* you already bought most of her skills)! Let's hope that's cheaper though ('cause my 4* Jeorge doesn't have that much SP)

Mine already has over 750 spare SP at 4★ :D

I have a feeling that one of the way you can do to beat the hard mode is to train up the 2* Narcian

But if that failed it would actually be hilariously funny and pointless

Also wtf is wrong with Narcian's VA. The guy who did the Tap! icon voice sounds very different from his map voice

Edited by JSND

26 minutes ago, JSND said:

Also wtf is wrong with Narcian's VA. The guy who did the Tap! icon voice sounds very different from his map voice

Completely agree! His voice is badass in battle and normal on the Tap icon.

Similar thing with Cordelia. Julie Ann Taylor sounded like Cordelia in all her roles (Linde, Fates' Flora) but Cordelia/Caeldori.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

45 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Narcian hard is pretty hard. I need to train all my units to lv. 35+ to beat them. The positioning in the map is so shitty that one has to use command skills to switch units.

Yeah, tried putting my oboro to lure the swordfighter on top but she took too much damage from the magic users. Tried using Sophia''s hone resistance to mask the pain but then they couldn't run away from the damage after so I just said screw it. I decided to do the 3 star lv. 35 instead cause I figured Im getting more sp that way. 

50 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Narcian hard is pretty hard. I need to train all my units to lv. 35+ to beat them. The positioning in the map is so shitty that one has to use command skills to switch units.

Honestly, I find that the map positioning is just about always shitty regardless of the battle. And always putting you at a disadvantage. This game is honestly unfair a lot.

Also, is it just me, or are the manaketes OP? I can barely damage them even with my highest strength units and sometimes none of my units can damage them at all. It's screwed me over a few times.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly, I find that the map positioning is just about always shitty regardless of the battle. And always putting you at a disadvantage. This game is honestly unfair a lot.

Also, is it just me, or are the manaketes OP? I can barely damage them even with my highest strength units and sometimes none of my units can damage them at all. It's screwed me over a few times.

I think it's cause they do damage by resistance and most cavalry/ground units don't have a lot. Usually I just get some chip with Gordon or Serra and pray lyn survives the repercussions. If she doesn't I find a way to make sure Lyn takes damage first, then attacks after instead of landing the first blow. Sometimes you really gotta send people in to die (a sack) just to win, which you can't do with Narcian so all you can do is grind to  level 38 with your thickest and fattest units to soak up damage and send in a 5 star to clean up. Takumi users have it easy with that absolutely ridiculous attack stat.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think it's cause they do damage by resistance and most cavalry/ground units don't have a lot. Usually I just get some chip with Gordon or Serra and pray lyn survives the repercussions. If she doesn't I find a way to make sure Lyn takes damage first, then attacks after instead of landing the first blow. Sometimes you really gotta send people in to die (a sack) just to win, which you can't do with Narcian so all you can do is grind to  level 38 with your thickest and fattest units to soak up damage and send in a 5 star to clean up. Takumi users have it easy with that absolutely ridiculous attack stat.

Um...what? I wasn't talking about Narcian or my units taking damage. I clearly said that I was having trouble dealing damage to manaketes, that's all. And I meant that it doesn't matter what battle you do, whether it's a story map, arena map, special map, or whatever, I find I'm always at some kind of harmful disadvantage.

I don't have any five star units and I don't have Lyn or Takumi or anyone you're mentioning. I don't want Lyn anyway, I don't like her and don't give a damn about her. Takumi I'm cool with though.

Getting to that level looks impossible. At a point, my units rarely gain any exp or stop gaining any at all. I don't know how people are getting units to lv. 30 and over without cheating. I'm not trying to accuse anyone of cheating, but I can't seem to find any way to get my units much exp beyond lv. 20, even with some castle upgrades. It's a miracle I even got Freddy to lv. 23 at this point.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Getting to that level looks impossible. At a point, my units rarely gain any exp or stop gaining any at all. I don't know how people are getting units to lv. 30 and over without cheating. I'm not trying to accuse anyone of cheating, but I can't seem to find any way to get my units much exp beyond lv. 20, even with some castle upgrades. It's a miracle I even got Freddy to lv. 23 at this point.

Run higher strata of the training tower, upgrade your castle for XP boost, I dunno.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Run higher strata of the training tower, upgrade your castle for XP boost, I dunno.

My units get killed doing that because they're too weak. Doesn't work. And I just said I did castle upgrades. Are you reading my posts at all?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My units get killed doing that because they're too weak. Doesn't work. And I just said I did castle upgrades. Are you reading my posts at all?

“Some” upgrades is probably not enough. Cycle enemies with other parties entering other strata. You'll eventually get a suitable enemy for your team.
You can also experiment with party composition.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

“Some” upgrades is probably not enough. Cycle enemies with other parties entering other strata. You'll eventually get a suitable enemy for your team.
You can also experiment with party composition.

...What? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.

Enemies get rerolled after every combat (at least in the tower, no idea about arena fights), and their types and levels vary quite a bit even on the same stratum. By repeatedly entering the tower (not even needing to fight if you don't want to), you can eventually change the enemies composition to the one your team is good against.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Enemies get rerolled after every combat (at least in the tower, no idea about arena fights), and their types and levels vary quite a bit even on the same stratum. By repeatedly entering the tower (not even needing to fight if you don't want to), you can eventually change the enemies composition to the one your team is good against..

Oh, that. I've been doing that. :/ But my team still gets little exp no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um...what? I wasn't talking about Narcian or my units taking damage. I clearly said that I was having trouble dealing damage to manaketes, that's all. And I meant that it doesn't matter what battle you do, whether it's a story map, arena map, special map, or whatever, I find I'm always at some kind of harmful disadvantage.

I don't have any five star units and I don't have Lyn or Takumi or anyone you're mentioning. I don't want Lyn anyway, I don't like her and don't give a damn about her. Takumi I'm cool with though.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm gonna say this once and likely won't comment on it again since I don't want to start a discussion. I feel like both @Arcanite and @Vaximillian are trying to help you a bit with the problems that you stated here. Arcanite with commenting on how he/she deals with Manaketes and what that relates to with Narcian (sacrificing units) and actually agrees with you somewhat that it's a bit unfair and that you may just need to grind a bit. Vaximilian also stated that. For people who are trying to help, I feel like you're giving them a bit of negative tone and that's not what they deserve. Anyway, I'm probably already overstepping lines here, but that's just what I wanted to say.

Also, from what I remember about your team, you are indeed gonna have some trouble with this map. Frederick will get wrecked by mages and I think I remember you don't really have other tanky people. It is indeed a bit (understatement maybe) of an unfair map, and most maps are indeed catered towards the enemy :c. I wish I could give you any helpfull advice, but aside from what the others said already (level up using tower) I don't really know what to do either.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, that. I've been doing that. :/ But my team still gets little exp no matter what.

That's where higher levels of castle upgrade come in play. At least, that's the impression I got.
3–4 kills is usually enough for my guys and gals to get a level unless I screw up and pick a fight I can't win or let them in the harm's way.

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I'm gonna say this once and likely won't comment on it again since I don't want to start a discussion. I feel like both @Arcanite and @Vaximillian are trying to help you a bit with the problems that you stated here.

Well yeah, this is obvious...

Arcanite with commenting on how he/she deals with Manaketes and what that relates to with Narcian (sacrificing units) and actually agrees with you somewhat that it's a bit unfair and that you may just need to grind a bit. Vaximilian also stated that. For people who are trying to help, I feel like you're giving them a bit of negative tone and that's not what they deserve. Anyway, I'm probably already overstepping lines here, but that's just what I wanted to say.

Also, from what I remember about your team, you are indeed gonna have some trouble with this map. Frederick will get wrecked by mages and I think I remember you don't really have other tanky people. It is indeed a bit (understatement maybe) of an unfair map, and most maps are indeed catered towards the enemy :c. I wish I could give you any helpfull advice, but aside from what the others said already (level up using tower) I don't really know what to do either.

Again, I never said anything about doing the Narcian map. I know I don't have a team that could beat it and I don't care to do it anyway since I don't give a damn about FE6 characters or Elibe characters in general.

I have Draug. But he's another physical tank that mages wreck. This is another reason I find the game unfair, the maps almost always throw a couple mages at me and on maps that give them all the advantage. I have no viable mage units myself (all I have are the Raigh you start with (and as I said, screw Elibe characters not named Sain or Fiora) and a three star Robin which I intend to get rid of if I don't get a better one in the future somehow to fuse him with. Mages probably have awful defenses anyway and I probably wouldn't use them correctly. I don't feel like I know how to use anyone properly, really, due to the game being unfair a lot.

EDIT: Vaximillian, once AGAIN, my units keep getting killed anyway. People, please properly read my posts.

Edited by Anacybele