Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

30 minutes ago, Elieson said:

So how do teams without magical nukes like Nino/Tharja/Julia deal with Lv40 Takumis in the Adv. Arena again?

I lose often at least one of my characters. Fae hits him pretty hard, but get slaughtered from the counterattack 'cause she's not fast enough. Sometimes Marth is fast enough not to get doubled and killed, so someone can finish the job. But there's often a Robin behind to crush Marth.

After more than 30 lvls of training, Ephraim's definitely not that great. He's good, but he isn't amazing like Effie or Julia (that are absolutely incredible when combined). He hits very hard, has a good Def, but not as high as a General and is way too slow, so he can barely tank units like Lucina or Lyn, and get slaughtered by Takumi. Both of his skills debuff Def but do not stack with each other so one of them is often useless, and New Moon sucks a lot. Skills like Dragon Fang or Bonfire would be much better on him. I find it rather unfair that some units can have skills that add +20 or more (*cough* Julia) when others have skills that add +7 or so most of the time.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I lose often at least one of my characters. Fae hits him pretty hard, but get slaughtered from the counterattack 'cause she's not fast enough. Sometimes Marth is fast enough not to get doubled and killed, so someone can finish the job. But there's often a Robin behind to crush Marth.

After more than 30 lvls of training, Ephraim's definitely not that great. He's good, but he isn't amazing like Effie or Julia (that are absolutely incredible when combined). He hits very hard, has a good Def, but not as high as a General and is way too slow, so he can barely tank units like Lucina or Lyn, and get slaughtered by Takumi. Both of his skills debuff Def but do not stack with each other so one of them is often useless, and New Moon sucks a lot. Skills like Dragon Fang or Bonfire would be much better on him. I find it rather unfair that some units can have skills that add +20 or more (*cough* Julia) when others have skills that add +7 or so most of the time.

Yeah I did one summon then I realized these heroes are no where near as good as the other ones. Ephraim is basically a glorified Oboro without a heavy spear.

Well, after sacrificing a Light's Blessing to test, it looks like for quests like "beat 6-5 lunatic with four infantry units and all four have to survive", it still counts if you lose one and then burn a Light's Blessing to bring him back. I would know, because that's what I did.

On another less-good note, that's all the Lunatic quests complete for me, and after the game telling me I've beaten all the quests and here's the whole new batch after beating the normal and hard quests, it doesn't acknowledge the achievement of all the lunatic quests at all! So disappointing...

x1.5 exp is nice, now I can train up some of my lower-level characters.

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah I did one summon then I realized these heroes are no where near as good as the other ones. Ephraim is basically a glorified Oboro without a heavy spear.

I could not try Eirika and Seliph, but Julia hits like a truck propelled with rockets. She's one of the best units I played with, so much Res and Atk, her Special is great (+22 to attack, OHKO for sure considering her Atk), she heals around her when she attacks and isn't that slow (23 Spd at level 33). A formidable weapon against any Blue, she humiliates Robins and Effies with no difficulty, and she's effective against dragons (+2 Def/Res when she is attacked)! I wish I had her so much. And it's rather ironical that she was the unit that interested me the least at first. 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

2 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That's what I thought too, but maybe they were too short on time to add them or something. I think we'll get them after the current focus ends, since there are apparently no focus or characters that are already in the game as focus. And since they have to add Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph and Julia to the summon, they'll probably change it. 

Hopefully that is what will happen!

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

So how do teams without magical nukes like Nino/Tharja/Julia deal with Lv40 Takumis in the Adv. Arena again?

I've been using Kagero, though my 4* one isn't always able to survive the encounter. She can't kill and/or gets doubled against certain bane/boon combos though, but her 5* weapon should help with the killing part. Unfortunately I'm bad at saving feathers. If Kagero can't do it on her own either Tiki helps or I'm in trouble.

Speaking of Takumi though, I hate that lava map that's in current arena rotation.

43 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Hopefully that is what will happen!

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Crossing my fingers for Finn or Arvis!

Finally re-found the name of the music that plays during the trailer with Eirika and Ephraim. It rang a bell, but I since I haven't play SS for years, I couldn't remember its name. It's such a good theme though:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Elieson said:

Personally either my Robin or Ryoma work fine against Takumi. Heck I can even use my own Takumi provided I bait him into hitting me first.

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Just do what I did, forget about Olivia. She was okay when I had her at the beginning but then I just said forget about it.

She's super good, just not combat wise. I wish she got EXP for dancing. I need to raise her up to 40, since low stat totals drag down my Arena score.

5 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Speaking of Takumi though, I hate that lava map that's in current arena rotation.

SCREW THAT LAVA MAP. Not only is it great for Takumi, but the design sort of gives the enemy the advantage, since they start clustered and are covered by many lava pools in their approach, while you have to waste time repositioning, and baiting is super hard with the terrain restrictions.

Are healers/dancers worth promoting to higher stars? From what I can tell, their main purpose isn't combat related, and promotion doesn't seem to do much (like it appears that healers heal the same amount of HP regardless of rarity?)

10 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Are healers/dancers worth promoting to higher stars? From what I can tell, their main purpose isn't combat related, and promotion doesn't seem to do much (like it appears that healers heal the same amount of HP regardless of rarity?)

It might be, if there's skills down the line that you really want.

Edited by eclipse

4 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

It depends on how heavily your team relies on them. If you can fend for yourself and just have a dancer/singer for cheeky strats like 3 Takumis and Azura then maybe not. But if you often find that you might not have been able to win with them at all then you should. Also lower stars and stat totals affect your arena score. Healers are definitely not worth it because they can't double as assistance as well as dancers anyway, but having one at four stars is good.

8 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I could not try Eirika and Seliph, but Julia hits like a truck propelled with rockets. She's one of the best units I played with, so much Res and Atk, her Special is great (+22 to attack, OHKO for sure considering her Atk), she heals around her when she attacks and isn't that slow (23 Spd at level 33). A formidable weapon against any Blue, she humiliates Robins and Effies with no difficulty, and she's effective against dragons (+2 Def/Res when she is attacked)! I wish I had her so much. And it's rather ironical that she was the unit that interested me the least at first. 

Eirika is a refreshing Red unit to have, imo. She's definitely not offensive oriented since she lacks atk power. She is however, has potentially 4 movement thanks to pivot, two different kinds of stats buff (+3 atk, +4 spd), which you can pair with Nino and Tharja for fireworks, and drag back so you can gang up those who foolishly charge in your way. To put it simply, she's like Lyn, but more on the defensive side.

Seliph OTOH, is err...He has tons of HP (54-60) and high attack. However, he has a really low speed, like Julia (25 for his case). To make up for his low speed, he has Brash Assault. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the same way as Sol Katti. Not to mention, it has a peculiar requirement which requires the enemy must be able to attack you back, i.e. doesn't work when attacking mages. Also, Tyrfing has an underwhelming effect, but it does complements his good Def (27-33). So I guess he's at his best when fighting physical units. Lyn is a still the better option in this case.

20 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, getting Olivia to level 40 is so fucking annoying. The Tower enemies are so unfair.

Spent like five Stamina potions, and I only really win one every three or four tries, because I'm trying to baby Olivia.

I so wish Dancing gave XP, even a small amount.  It gives XP in the rest of the games, so why not?  I've currently got my Olivia at level 35, but she's only 4*, and I raised her up from 2*.

46 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It might be, if there's skills down the line that you really want.

Looking at them, seems not. Welp

44 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It depends on how heavily your team relies on them. If you can fend for yourself and just have a dancer/singer for cheeky strats like 3 Takumis and Azura then maybe not. But if you often find that you might not have been able to win with them at all then you should. Also lower stars and stat totals affect your arena score. Healers are definitely not worth it because they can't double as assistance as well as dancers anyway, but having one at four stars is good.

I probably should've specified. Right now I'm not actually using a dancer (Olivia) or healer (Clarine) and was wondering if their utility at 5* is worth replacing a member of my current team (Lyn, Camilla, Takumi and Catria, all at 5* but Catria, who's at 4*), not to mention the effort involved.

The thing is that I can't tell if they'd be THAT useful or worthwhile, especially since I want to keep all 3 colors and Takumi.

Just now, Reloaded said:

Looking at them, seems not. Welp

I probably should've specified. Right now I'm not actually using a dancer (Olivia) or healer (Clarine) and was wondering if their utility at 5* is worth replacing a member of my current team (Lyn, Camilla, Takumi and Catria, all at 5* but Catria, who's at 4*), not to mention the effort involved.

The thing is that I can't tell if they'd be THAT useful or worthwhile, especially since I want to keep all 3 colors and Takumi.

I'd say it heavily depends on your team's boons/banes.  For example, if your team is full of -Atk, Olivia is a must.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I wish they have nerfed Dancers' offense instead of healers, with how gimped healers are in Heroes.

2 hours ago, Reloaded said:

If you want to maximize your Arena score, then yes you need to level them because your score is based in part off your team's stat total. Otherwise though, not really. As long as Olivia has Dance and maybe Hone Attack 3, that's really all you need in terms of dancer utility. Same for healers: if maximizing Arena score is not a priority, then so long as you get the skills you want, you're golden.

So, uh, I just beat Hard with my team, and I'm starting to worry about Lunatic (currently at 7-3 Lunatic, since I did some Lunatic orb-grinding when I got stuck on Hard 9-4 for a while and wanted to pull for more units). Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...

My current team is:

5-Star Roy, Level 36 | HP 41 | ATK 39 | SPD 29 | DEF 24 | RES 28 | Binding Blade / Shove / Triangle Adept 3 / Seal DEF 3
Primary physical damage dealer. Murders everything Green, does pretty good damage to Red and Colorless too, can take magical hits best out of anyone on my team at the moment, and lowers Defense so he can kill things better. Dies horribly to Blues (except sometimes when they're magic users, for some reason my Roy has good enough Resistance to take a blue-magic hit from near-full HP and live), but those can be dealt with by the rest of my team usually. My best Red unit, and I kinda need that (could train up Lyn or Marth to replace, but I like Roy and want to keep him since he's so close to the level cap anyway).

4-Star Male!Robin, Level 36 | HP 36 | ATK 32 | SPD 24 | DEF 24 | RES 17 | Blarraven / Bonfire / Defiant SPD 2 / Spur DEF 3
Primary magical damage dealer. Does magic damage, has advantage over Red and Colorless, kills things with Bonfire, buffs Defense, is kinda tanky, but doesn't deal too well with magical hits for some reason. I assume he'll get better when I promote him to 5-Stars. I need him.

4-Star Clarine, Level 33 | HP 31 | ATK 26 | SPD 27 | DEF 14 | RES 27 | Fear / Martyr / Imbue OR Swift-Winds Balm / Resistance +2
Healer. Dispenses heals from horseback. Also becomes a better healer and lowers enemy Attack when she fights (rarely, but it has happened, usually when she gets attacked), and can tank magical hits almost as well as Roy (who has better Resistance for some reason, I'm assuming that'll change if I ever 5-Star her). I may replace her with my recently-acquired 5-Star Sakura when I finish leveling her up, I haven't decided on that yet.

4-Star Jeorge, Level 33 | HP 32 | ATK 37 | SPD 22 | DEF 18 | RES 15 | Silver Bow / Blazing Flame / Seal ATK 3 / Spur SPD 2
The problem. He's here primarily because I didn't have a good Green unit for the longest time (used Cherche for a bit, but had to bench her, she just wasn't working for me) and Jeorge was my best non-healer Colorless at the time. He was great for a while, but lately he's just fallen off a cliff, being unable to score most kills that I need him to and being incapable of taking hits, and I'm not sure that getting him to 5-Stars will fix that. He's why I'm here today.

Given this team composition, I need to drop Jeorge. Here are the units I can grind up reasonably quickly that could take his place:

1) 4-Star Narcian, who feels like a weaker (partially because he's not a 5-Star like Roy, I'm sure) flying Green Roy, and I like Roy, so this would be welcome, but his low Resistance is a problem, he hates Reds at least as much as Roy hates Blues, and he has a weakness to archers (which hasn't killed him yet, but it has set up kills on him), so I'm not sure that he'll be that much more surviveable than Jeorge is right now.
2) 4-Star Gordin, who has a Brave Bow and can probably do player-phase nuking but will probably not last on enemy phase thanks to his lacking Speed, which is still better than Jeorge's inability to get kills when I want him to but still leaves me with a glassy unit since he'll be getting doubled a lot.
3) 4-Star Setsuna, who has anti-bow and anti-dagger utility and can function as an emergency healer with Reciprocal Aid if I need that, but her defenses are craptacular, and that's part of my problem with Jeorge, so...
4) 4-Star Cecilia, another Green unit, and a magic one too, with WTA over Colorless like Robin thanks to Gronnraven, considerable Attack (or at least it will be when I'm finished grinding her), Escape Route to maybe escape bad situations, and Rally Resistance, which could come in handy for when Robin needs to engage in a magic duel. I don't like how slow she is, though, and her Defense is poor, which I guess should be expected of a mage, but it still kind of annoys me.

Of these options, what do you think is my best choice for replacing Jeorge?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

@ILikeKirbys

On Lunatic, almost everything is situational and one will want to have intensive map knowledge to bring the appropriate counters. This is especially the case in Chapter 9, facing an armored wall (9-2), dealing with ranged mayhem (9-4) and Veronica's map (9-5) are pretty rough. It doesn't help that the player can no longer "outlevel" the content to gain an edge. You will also be facing 4* enemy units most of the time, and I think the finale (9-5) is where the enemy fields 5* units.

As for your team composition, I personally would use either Marth or Lyn over Roy (Triangle Adept can backfire, and on Lunatic, that 20% modifier is a big deal), but if Roy is your boy, keep using him. I just find having higher SPD helps immensely, the player will typically want to double his opponent while avoiding getting doubled himself.

M!Robin is a solid choice as a magic user and will help you immensely against armor units and Xander when the time comes. A 5* version of him will be better, but if you are min-maxing, check his boon and bane before committing to an upgrade. He starts off a bit slow, but can easily tip the scales when his Defiant SPD activates.

Clarine is a healbot, but with Martyr, you may want to use her to take some hits to take full advantage of the Staff's effect. Sakura is okay and she served me well with Mend+Imbue, but endgame Lunatic I found myself using a 4* Level 23 Lissa for her Rehabilitate staff since it was far more effective and I get the bonus of a Balm skill instead of constantly relying on Imbue. 

As for Jeorge, he seems more like a support archer instead of a straight DPS one. If you want to kill things, I would suggest Gordin with his Brave Bow. He should be able to even take on ranged units defensively when he learns Vantage (and when combined with a Brave weapon, makes him fairly deadly).

However, an alternative is to field your best two units (I used 5* Ryoma and then either 4* Nowi or 5* Camilla) and have a healer and a dancer (I used Lissa and Olivia, both are obtainable from the free hero rotation). This strategy requires units that can reliably kill others in one round of combat, but successfully pulling it off means that the player only needs to raise 2 good units to Level 40 (more are welcome) instead of a full party of 4.

I recently cleared 9-4 and 9-5 Lunatic this way (although I did have to use a Light's Blessing on 9-5, 9-4 was a deathless run). The biggest hurdle for me is that enemy forces like to field lots of high DEF units (9-2, 9-5) and my team was mostly physical based, forcing me to level up other characters so I can target their RES instead. Another problem is I really didn't have any reliable ranged units (I don't have many mages or archers, and the ones I do have are not leveled), so dealing with 9-4 was a bit difficult for me due to their terrain advantage and that accursed Armor Knight. With your team comp, I would try using Marth or Lyn combined with Robin and see how that works out, but classic strategies can work as well.

Either way, I hope this helps. Best of luck on your Lunatic run!

@ILikeKirbys

Since I have Gordin/Sakura, I can tell you what they do, and you can decide if that's what you want on your team.

Gordin - He'll do well enough as a player-phase nuke, but he also functions as a physical wall.  The issue with 9-4 and 9-5 is mages, which means that he's dead on enemy phase.  If you run him, consider using Olivia alongside him, as Hone Attack at max level is +8 damage.

Sakura - Her job is to nerf the everliving daylights out of the opponent's offense with Fear, Still-Water Balm, and Fortify Defense.  She has Physic access, but I don't use it, due to her target not getting the defense boost during my turn.

For 9-2, I'd run mages and someone with an Armorslayer (to remove Narcian from the map).  Gordin has a bit of use here, thanks to Shove.  9-4 is mixed ranged damage, which is really irritating, but Robin should be able to deal with the archer and healer, leaving a green unit (preferably) to nuke the boss.  9-5 is a gigantic pain in the ass, and as much as I love Gordin, he ends up dying to someone.

So I have 2 5* Camllias.

One's -Atk / +Spd and the other is -Spd / +Res. Neither is ideal.

- Atk = 34, N Atk = 38, + Atk = 42

- Spd = 24, N Spd = 27, + Spd = 30

Neither is ideal so I'm just figuring I should wait for better one in the future and and hold on to both to merge to a better one. Sound like a good plan?

Should I aim for a neutral Camllia or something like +Atk or +Spd / -HP, -Def, -Res.

I also lv'd my first 5*, Lucina, to 40 and confirmed she has neutral stats (she's also +2 atm, merged the others before I knew the +/- nature of stats for heroes). I figure I might as well keep her unless a +Atk / -Res one comes along.

I'm also soon going to be upgrading my 4* (M)Robin.  I have 2 other 4* Robins and a 5* (- HP / +Def). No idea on the +/- stats on any of the 4* star Robins since data on 4* heroes is scarce. 

Lv. 40 4* 37 37 24 26 20

Lv. 1 5* 17 18 7 8 5

Lv. 1 4* 18 14 7 5 4

Lv. 1 4* 17 15 6 6 4

Guess I'm just paranoid about upgrading a possible bad Robin...... 

Edited by crazy_man

Yeah finally managed a 7 streak battle on advanced with no casualties. Gave me a rank of 5659 with 4450 offense points. Used a team of Lucina, Camilla, Takumi and Azura. Whilst Camilla was a liability most of the time due to the Takugeddon, I have been facing more of the units she counters lately (Robin, Sharena, Kagero, many mages) giving her a bit more viability. Camilla being a flying unit has also been quite a lot of help on certain maps.

8 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Eirika is a refreshing Red unit to have, imo. She's definitely not offensive oriented since she lacks atk power. She is however, has potentially 4 movement thanks to pivot, two different kinds of stats buff (+3 atk, +4 spd), which you can pair with Nino and Tharja for fireworks, and drag back so you can gang up those who foolishly charge in your way. To put it simply, she's like Lyn, but more on the defensive side.

Seliph OTOH, is err...He has tons of HP (54-60) and high attack. However, he has a really low speed, like Julia (25 for his case). To make up for his low speed, he has Brash Assault. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the same way as Sol Katti. Not to mention, it has a peculiar requirement which requires the enemy must be able to attack you back, i.e. doesn't work when attacking mages. Also, Tyrfing has an underwhelming effect, but it does complements his good Def (27-33). So I guess he's at his best when fighting physical units. Lyn is a still the better option in this case.

I see. I could make use of Eirika since I have no very fast 5* swordsman, but since I already have Roy and Marth, Seliph would be useless (and I hate his artworks). I'm not sure if I should pull again for Julia or Eirika (especially Julia, oh my god) or until wait the next banner since I already completed Normal and Hard (except Chapter 9 because I don't want to finish it already) and around half of Lunatic. Ephraim is a dead weight in the Arena, he's quite useless. I know there are a lot of persons who want him because they love him, so I shouldn't say that, but I kinda regret I pulled him, even if I severely lacked of Blue units.

What do you guys think of this tier list : https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List ?

Usually I don't care about these, but it may be fun to discuss about it. 'Cause putting Ephraim and Julia in the same tier is pure heresy. Personal bias seem to play a big role here, or maybe they couldn't get both.

8 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I see. I could make use of Eirika since I have no very fast 5* swordsman, but since I already have Roy and Marth, Seliph would be useless (and I hate his artworks). I'm not sure if I should pull again for Julia or Eirika (especially Julia, oh my god) or until wait the next banner since I already completed Normal and Hard (except Chapter 9 because I don't want to finish it already) and around half of Lunatic. Ephraim is a dead weight in the Arena, he's quite useless. I know there are a lot of persons who want him because they love him, so I shouldn't say that, but I kinda regret I pulled him, even if I severely lacked of Blue units.

What do you guys think of this tier list : https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List ?

Usually I don't care about these, but it may be fun to discuss about it. 'Cause putting Ephraim and Julia in the same tier is pure heresy. Personal bias seem to play a big role here, or maybe they couldn't get both.

Well, there's definitely some differing experience here, because Ephraim has been anything but deadweight for me. He's helped me win consistent 4-0s in advanced arena. Maybe instead of dismissing a unit so quickly, you could instead learn how to use him better?