Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 hours ago, Jave said:

A bit late to reply to this, but I want to point out that one of Sanaki's castle quotes is that she mentions she has an older sister whom she didn't know for years, but she became very precious to her. So at the very least, IntSys does acknowledge there's a bond between Sanaki and Micaiah.

It also hints that we may be getting Micaiah pretty soon. (At least, she could be the next Tellius character to show up).

Strange, Sanaki never says anything like that in RD. She's more astonished and confused than anything there. She did ask Micaiah to come to Begnion with her, but Micaiah refused. So I saw no bond there at all.

And I don't think we should get Micaiah yet, at least not without Ike (and Mist if the sibling thing continues. Boring... I'm ready for a new theme). Ike is more popular and iconic. He should be in first.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Strange, Sanaki never says anything like that in RD. She's more astonished and confused than anything there. She did ask Micaiah to come to Begnion with her, but Micaiah refused. So I saw no bond there at all.

And I don't think we should get Micaiah yet, at least not without Ike (and Mist if the sibling thing continues. Boring... I'm ready for a new theme). Ike is more popular and iconic. He should be in first.

I agree, but I can see why they'd want to hold off on him. He'll bring in more people on name alone, and everyone who's playing right now plays regardless of if he's in it or not. Although hopefully we don't have to wait too long, or everyone who's played from the beginning won't have any orbs to get him.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

I agree, but I can see why they'd want to hold off on him. He'll bring in more people on name alone, and everyone who's playing right now plays regardless of if he's in it or not. Although hopefully we don't have to wait too long, or everyone who's played from the beginning won't have any orbs to get him.

Yeah, exactly. I don't want to wait too long either. I'm saving orbs to get him, but if there's a good focus that I'm willing to try for before then, I could use some of those orbs up.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@immatx @Anacybele I just hope there will be opportunity to continue getting orbs for free after the event expires. There are so many characters I want and so few orbs available.

Yeah, I agree here. I mean, Disney Magic Kingdoms always has ways to get free gems (watching ads in the movie theater, doing parades, etc.). I don't want Heroes to stop having ways to get free orbs. If DMK can keep having free gems, this game can keep having free orbs.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@immatx @Anacybele I just hope there will be opportunity to continue getting orbs for free after the event expires. There are so many characters I want and so few orbs available.

Same, the two orbs a day plus quests is already hard enough in my opinion. I really want Erk when he comes out, but he's a pretty low profile character so it probably won't be for a while, and if the two a day disappear I don't know if I'll be able to save up enough :(

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree here. I mean, Disney Magic Kingdoms always has ways to get free gems (watching ads in the movie theater, doing parades, etc.). I don't want Heroes to stop having ways to get free orbs. If DMK can keep having free gems, this game can keep having free orbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think DMK is a gacha, but a farming/town building type of game, so the way it operates is a bit different than FEH. (They do not rely on "Whaling" as much as gacha games do).

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think DMK is a gacha, but a farming/town building type of game, so the way it operates is a bit different than FEH. (They do not rely on "Whaling" as much as gacha games do).

It is a gacha though as far as I can tell. It shares a lot of the same features with FE heroes.  A luck-based system where you have to gamble for a certain thing in the game (characters in Heroes, character tokens in DMK), it has a currency that you can pay real money for (gems in DMK and orbs in Heroes), and quests to complete (the story mode and quests in Heroes, the character quests in DMK). I wouldn't really call DMK a farming/town building game. You progress through a simple story just like in Heroes to unlock more areas of the park and more rides and stuff to build. It's much akin to unlocking more difficulty modes and training tower levels in Heroes. And it requires a lot of patience too, since character quests can take hours. Heroes also takes some patience. Also, the various events definitely force you to buy gems if you want to complete them in time.

I really see little difference between the way the two games work.

Edited by Anacybele

It's pretty different from Heroes, given that there are no real guarantees with gacha games. It seems like you can get certain specific character tokens by doing tasks, but literally all you are guaranteed in Heroes is that you get *a* character. 

Paying for certain bonus items, having a simple story/quest system, and unlocking different modes are staples of Free-to-Play games, not just gacha games in particular.

When the the current app release orbs stop, I'd like to think--or at least hope--that they'll at least follow in the footsteps of most other gacha games and offer a daily login bonus/stamp card of sorts anyways. That does mean that we'd probably get less free orbs in general though since I'm sure some days we'd just get stamina potions, crests, and so on. Kind of like the weekend login bonuses, really!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That didn't stop them from including Sanaki as the first Tellius character, though.

11 minutes ago, Kaiyumi said:

When the the current app release orbs stop, I'd like to think--or at least hope--that they'll at least follow in the footsteps of most other gacha games and offer a daily login bonus/stamp card of sorts anyways. That does mean that we'd probably get less free orbs in general though since I'm sure some days we'd just get stamina potions, crests, and so on. Kind of like the weekend login bonuses, really!

Yes, that and/or daily quests that actually make you play the game, as opposed to just logging in and forgetting about it for the rest of the day... Such as "Use 100 stamina," "Earn 5 Great Badges," "Earn 20 Badges," with rewards like orbs, shards, crystals, etc.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That didn't stop them from including Sanaki as the first Tellius character, though.

Doesn't matter. No matter who's the first Tellius character, if Ike doesn't appear soon after that, fans will start complaining and wondering why he's being shafted. And if Micaiah is added, but Ike isn't, people will definitely complain about getting one lord and not the other as well as getting the more disliked one first.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Yes, that and/or daily quests that actually make you play the game, as opposed to just logging in and forgetting about it for the rest of the day... Such as "Use 100 stamina," "Earn 5 Great Badges," "Earn 20 Badges," with rewards like orbs, shards, crystals, etc.

Yes, fingers crossed for something like that! Having daily quests would definitely be a great inclusion (and personally, I admit that I get bored of games quickly if I have no particular goal in mind, so)!

Ike's already been featured pretty prominently in Heroes; He's on the main Heroes site as part of the cast of characters in the logo, and is also part of the scrolling characters on the game's title screen. It's actually pretty nonsensical that he's still not yet available.

1 minute ago, Kaiyumi said:

Yes, fingers crossed for something like that! Having daily quests would definitely be a great inclusion (and personally, I admit that I get bored of games quickly if I have no particular goal in mind, so)!

Since last week, I've found myself playing less and less as I either complete the quests or give up on them (such as 4 lances vs lunatic 7-2 and 4 swords vs lunatic 7-3, fuck them). Only the inclusion of these new March quests have since gotten me back into frequent play.

6 minutes ago, Kaiyumi said:

Same, I hope they make it more like Summoner's War. SW doesn't have that much more content, but the way it's set up it takes way longer to get through.

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

Since last week, I've found myself playing less and less as I either complete the quests or give up on them (such as 4 lances vs lunatic 7-2 and 4 swords vs lunatic 7-3, fuck them). Only the inclusion of these new March quests have since gotten me back into frequent play.

I've barely gotten on besides doing arena battles and collecting the daily rewards. There's just nothing to do unless you have orbs to summon. A small expansion on content that actually takes more than a week to complete and daily quests would make it so much more fun!

17 minutes ago, Raven said:

Ike's already been featured pretty prominently in Heroes; He's on the main Heroes site as part of the cast of characters in the logo, and is also part of the scrolling characters on the game's title screen. It's actually pretty nonsensical that he's still not yet available.

Yeah, exactly. I actually feel rather trolled as a big Ike fan because I'm seeing him in the game that way, and now on one of the calendars, and yet he's not in any of the new focuses that come out and the first Tellius character isn't even him! I feel like IS is dangling a fishing rod above me with Ike on the freaking hook and keeping him just out of my reach.

Edited by Anacybele

@immatx@Raven

I guess it's only a matter of time until we find out what they decide to do since the free orb period ends in two weeks. Hopefully they do implement something that keeps everyone interested and that we can all work towards. I've run out of things to do but I've still been steadily logging in to train up all my higher star units to level 40. I'm almost done with that too though, so...:T

@Anacybele

Your frustration is understandable, but unfortunately it's really just a matter of being patient and waiting now. :C Hopefully they decide to include him in on the next focus; I think he's presently the only title screen character that hasn't shown up yet.

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

It just dawned on me... what if the reason Sanaki was first is that they're releasing the Tellius characters from youngest to oldest?

Expect the second Tellius character to be Rolf.

1 minute ago, Kaiyumi said:

Your frustration is understandable, but unfortunately it's really just a matter of being patient and waiting now. :C Hopefully they decide to include him in on the next focus; I think he's presently the only title screen character that hasn't shown up yet.

Yeah, that's all we can do. And yes, Ike is the only title screen character not in the game right now. He's also the only top 10 poll character who hasn't appeared yet other than Micaiah. Yet another reason for the two to be released at the same time. I only pray that they're not in the same focus (we've been getting two focuses at a time). I don't want to keep trying for Ike and wind up sending home a bunch of Micaiahs. That's kind of wasting the orbs I saved up.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Expect the second Tellius character to be Rolf.

Don't say such horrible things, there are children reading these forums. Probably.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's all we can do. And yes, Ike is the only title screen character not in the game right now. He's also the only top 10 poll character who hasn't appeared yet other than Micaiah. Yet another reason for the two to be released at the same time. I only pray that they're not in the same focus (we've been getting two focuses at a time). I don't want to keep trying for Ike and wind up sending home a bunch of Micaiahs. That's kind of wasting the orbs I saved up.

Even if they're released together...maybe...they'd be different coloured units, at least. :'D It would make hunting for a singular focus easier if so (i.e. I only drew colorless for Klein) but if not then just...fingers crossed!

Just now, Kaiyumi said:

Even if they're released together...maybe...they'd be different coloured units, at least. :'D It would make hunting for a singular focus easier if so (i.e. I only drew colorless for Klein) but if not then just...fingers crossed!

I don't know, Micaiah could be a red mage (and Ike will obviously be a sword guy, also red). I hope she isn't though. I'd probably make her green. We have few green mages at the moment. In fact, aren't Cecilia and female Robin the only ones right now?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, Micaiah could be a red mage (and Ike will obviously be a sword guy, also red). I hope she isn't though. I'd probably make her green. We have few green mages at the moment. In fact, aren't Cecilia and female Robin the only ones right now?

She very well could be--we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose!

Cecilia, f!Robin, and...Nino, maybe, if memory serves? I'm not sure what Micaiah's light magic would ultimately classify as in terms of the current colours (unless she gets put into colourless, which would be neat but probablyyyy unlikely).

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forgot Merric, Nino, and Julia. Five green and five blue mages overall, IIRC.

Edited by Vaximillian