Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

They don't seem to just hand out S equivalent weapons from their games to lords or strong charecters who don't have a connection to them so far. I guess they could start whenever, but Lekain has a better connection/claim to Rexaura. 

I'm not sure Lekain is likely to be in the game in the first place.

The thing is that the Lords so far have had some personal ultimate weapon, but Micaiah doesn't have one. The only real precedent for that is the Robins, who don't have any personal weapons at all so they just use new special weapons in this game.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yes most lords we have get special weapons they had in their games, but I don't see how translates to lords getting one if they didn't already. To me the precedent ball is in the other court. (And I added strong characters for a reason lords don't really have exclusivity for this sort for thing) 

And yeah I doubt Lekain would be in the game anytime soon, as cathartic it would be to have more opportunities to pummel the guy, but that dosen't remove that he at least used the thing. 

The advent of March has really dealt a blow to my motivation to play.  None of this Focus group interests me, and the unexpected discontinuation of Arena quests takes away my main mode that I've been playing.  Most of the units I want to level are 40 or close to it, now, and I had expected some sort of weekly weapon quest thing, after they introduced it last week.  After they had been ramping up the available quests until the end of February, only to have it drop precipitously in March.  I thought there would be Tome or Bow quests or something.

I feel you, Rezzy, I don't have much motivation to play either because I think the new focus is dumb and I don't want to try pulling from it. I'd rather save for focuses I would actually care about. I can only do the Arena until I've got my final score there for the season or logging in for the daily orbs (until they stop).

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I feel you, Rezzy, I don't have much motivation to play either because I think the new focus is dumb and I don't want to try pulling from it. I'd rather save for focuses I would actually care about. I can only do the Arena until I've got my final score there for the season or logging in for the daily orbs (until they stop).

I guess I'll hold out for the next Focus, but I really wish they ran two Focuses together, like they did when thte game launched.  Even if the second Focus is characters that they already have in-game, there's plenty of 5* I'd love to have an increased shot at.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess I'll hold out for the next Focus, but I really wish they ran two Focuses together, like they did when thte game launched.  Even if the second Focus is characters that they already have in-game, there's plenty of 5* I'd love to have an increased shot at.

Yeah, gimme an increased chance at Ryoma or something!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, gimme an increased chance at Ryoma or something!

I wouldn't mind Ryoma.  I really want Leo.  Maybe they could have a Focus of the other Fates Siblings, since Siblings seems to be their thing lately.  Ryoma, Leo, Sakura, Hinoka, and Elise, since the foursome precedent seems to have been done away with.

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't mind Ryoma.  I really want Leo.  Maybe they could have a Focus of the other Fates Siblings, since Siblings seems to be their thing lately.  Ryoma, Leo, Sakura, Hinoka, and Elise, since the foursome precedent seems to have been done away with.

Yeah, basically. Ryoma is my favorite Fates character, but getting him is hard right now. Even better, add Silas! He's my other fav in the game.

3 hours ago, immatx said:

@NoirCore @Blade_of_Light I don't think Awakening is the place to go for accurate representation of characters from past games. 

Yeah, just threw in a somewhat-educated guess. I haven't seen RD gameplay in a while, so I forgot what specific tomes she used, aside from them being light.

@Rezzy We actually had both the family and anti-female Robin focuses for a bit.

Edited by NoirCore

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Yeah, just threw in a somewhat-educated guess. I haven't seen RD gameplay in a while, so I forgot what specific tomes she used, aside from them being light.

@Rezzy We actually had both the family and anti-female Robin focuses for a bit.

Yeah, and we're going to have the Nino Focus around the time the Ursula battle comes out, but I don't see why we can't have them both running the whole time.  It seems silly to only have the Battle Focus for just a few days.  I happen to already have Nino, but if I didn't I would certainly be willing to use my Orbs on that Focus.  I might even be willing to use my Orbs on it, now, if it were available.  There's plenty of 5* I still want, and a 5* Nino would rank above anybody being Focused right now.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It seems silly to only have the Battle Focus for just a few days.

Well, it makes a small amount of sense, as the battle itself only lasts a few days.

Not that I'm defending it, mind you.

I'm sure that they'll begin adding new quests soon. They certainly showed in February that they're aggressive about giving people quests to do.

My guess is that the lack of quests right now is just to give people some time to work on the basic monthly quests, as well as a break period after February's arena/weapon quests.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, it makes a small amount of sense, as the battle itself only lasts a few days.

Not that I'm defending it, mind you.

Having the Focus open ahead of the Battle could help generate hype for the upcoming Battle, and actually give you time to train up the units that you roll for the battle.  Considering the Hard mode is usually level 35, it can take you more than 3 days to actually level your units up that high, with Stamina limitations and schedule conflicts.  And that's assuming you draw the character you want on the first day.

Just now, Fly_or_Die said:

I'm sure that they'll begin adding new quests soon. They certainly showed in February that they're aggressive about giving people quests to do.

My guess is that the lack of quests right now is just to give people some time to work on the basic monthly quests, as well as a break period after February's arena/weapon quests.

The Weapon Quests, I might see, but I had expected the Arena Quests to be a mainstay.  Needing to do over 140 Arena Wins is a lot less daunting if you have a whole month to do it, instead of only a couple weeks.  I thought they might even expand it to have more quests, to like 5 Arena Wins with a Flyer, or something like that.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, and we're going to have the Nino Focus

Was this confirmed? Where? And who else is in there with Nino?

Because I want this. I already have two Ninos, but the chance for a 5-Star one would be enough to make me maybe pull a green orb or two during that focus.

But I agree, I'd like to see double-Focuses as a thing more often than just when there's a Great Hero Battle. I kinda miss the initial pair of focuses now (not just because I still haven't pulled Young Tiki or Takumi), and it'd be nice to have an extra focus pool for when I run out of characters in the current focus that I want (and maybe they'll focus Hector with one of these? That'd be neat) or just don't want to worry about getting a focus 5-Star that I don't care for when I'm pulling for someone who isn't being focused (like during the last focus, where I pulled blues in Battling Robin so I wouldn't have to worry about getting Ephraim instead of Azura or Effie like I wanted (since I think Azura at least is 5-Star only)... I still didn't get either of those two, but I had a better chance than I would've in Family Bonds I think).

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Was this confirmed? Where? And who else is in there with Nino?

Not confirmed, but Data mined.  It's all characters already available, but I don't remember the other ones off-hand.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not confirmed, but Data mined.  It's all characters already available, but I don't remember the other ones off-hand.

Ah, I see. I just looked it up, and from what I'm seeing, the other units besides Nino (who I would want if I didn't already have her, and would probably murderfy Ursula even without exploiting Gronnblade's buffs-as-power) are Felicia (makes sense, high-RES unit against a mage), Setsuna (um... I don't understand) and Effie (again, I don't get it, but I can't complain about a chance at 5-Star Effie).

Looks like a good focus to me! Wish it would last longer than 3 days tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

28 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, I see. I just looked it up, and from what I'm seeing, the other units besides Nino (who I would want if I didn't already have her, and would probably murderfy Ursula even without exploiting Gronnblade's buffs-as-power) are Felicia (makes sense, high-RES unit against a mage), Setsuna (um... I don't understand) and Effie (again, I don't get it, but I can't complain about a chance at 5-Star Effie).

Looks like a good focus to me! Wish it would last longer than 3 days tho.

Actually I think FRobin has a better chance against Ursula than Nino, she has B Tomebreaker and GronnWolf, basically one shotting or one rounding her, due to guaranteed follow-up. Setsuna has decent res so why not, she has Bowbreaker and Assassin's Bow has Shuriknbreaker effect, maybe implying there will be thieves or archers. And Effie tanks anything with Wary Fighter, and maybe there might be red units or a red cav.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It seems silly to only have the Battle Focus for just a few days.

As sad as this sounds... this is how you catch the whales.

Based off of the previous month, I would think that they'd gradually add more and more quests throughout the next few weeks, so hopefully there should be lots to do soon!

And as for the battle focus ending after just a few days...truthfully, I feel like that's done with a business mind.  Shorter time means that if someone wants (or needs) one of those units but doesn't have the orbs, they'll have to buy some and hope they get lucky. Then if they need to train the unit up in time for the hard-level battle, they might have to use some orbs/stamina potions for that as well. A good way to prompt people to spend money, I think. I'm not interested in the available units, but if they were characters I really like/wanted, it would definitely at least tempt me to give in and spend a few dollars!

Edited by Kaiyumi

Lmao I just won an advanced arena battle without taking any damage. Julia took out Tiki and Nowi in one turn. The next turn she had her special and one shot Takumi, and Roy beat Fae in two hits and she couldn't do damage to him XD

With that win I might be able to up my arena score this time around. 

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The advent of March has really dealt a blow to my motivation to play.  None of this Focus group interests me, and the unexpected discontinuation of Arena quests takes away my main mode that I've been playing.  Most of the units I want to level are 40 or close to it, now, and I had expected some sort of weekly weapon quest thing, after they introduced it last week.  After they had been ramping up the available quests until the end of February, only to have it drop precipitously in March.  I thought there would be Tome or Bow quests or something.

I am so mad that we dont have the arena quests anymore... I hope they put it back soon, and yes, they need daily quests too

I am worried about the orbs, too

My last pulls were horrible (only 3 stars that I already have) and I am getting kinda sick of seeing the same units everyday, haha

14 minutes ago, immatx said:

Lmao I just won an advanced arena battle without taking any damage. Julia took out Tiki and Nowi in one turn. The next turn she had her special and one shot Takumi, and Roy beat Fae in two hits and she couldn't do damage to him XD

With that win I might be able to up my arena score this time around. 

I also experienced something like that before lol.

Julia solo'd Marth, Nowi, Robin, and Fem Corrin by herself.

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

Julia is SOOO GOOOOD! I was kind of mad when I first pulled her, but now I'm so glad I did. Who do you have on the team with her? I have Julia/Azura as my first pair, and Roy/Effie as my second. 

5 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶

With a team like that, I would imagine she would sweep seeing as how Marth is basically useless against magic users and Julia has that ridiculous attack stat. Nowi Robin and Corrin were small potatoes lol

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, immatx said:

Julia is SOOO GOOOOD! I was kind of mad when I first pulled her, but now I'm so glad I did. Who do you have on the team with her? I have Julia/Azura as my first pair, and Roy/Effie as my second. 

I pair her with Ryoma, Lyn, and Sharena so she doesn't get doubled and be a bit more durable. Because of this she can also kill Takumi without dying.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶

With a team like that, I would imagine she would sweep seeing as how Marth is basically useless against magic users and Julia has that ridiculous attack stat. Nowi Robin and Corrin were small potatoes lol

Normally, Julia can't face Marth head on because she can't ORK him and will be killed on the next turn, but I had the position advantage back then:

Marth

Obstacle

Julia