Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Quintessence

Did the math. Fae's 5* Lv40 average of 30 Resistance and green status mean that unless Ursula runs over 44 Mt with Blarwolf in her maps (which is highly unlikely unless her partners buff her somehow), Fae outheals Blarwolf with Renewal every other turn.

Figured you'd enjoy the chuckle.

7 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I pair her with Ryoma, Lyn, and Sharena so she doesn't get doubled and be a bit more durable. Because of this she can also kill Takumi without dyin

I run Julia with Olivia/Marth/Sharena (since I don't have Ryoma/Lyn to sub in), and she does fantastic. Julia is amazing and Olivia just exists to let her blow stuff up more frequently, while Marth is there for Spur Spd to let her (and her +Spd nature) double more frequently. Support is a wonderful thing!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

@Quintessence

Did the math. Fae's 5* Lv40 average of 30 Resistance and green status mean that unless Ursula runs over 44 Mt with Blarwolf in her maps (which is highly unlikely unless her partners buff her somehow), Fae outheals Blarwolf with Renewal every other turn.

Figured you'd enjoy the chuckle.

I run Julia with Olivia/Marth/Sharena (since I don't have Ryoma/Lyn to sub in), and she does fantastic. Julia is amazing and Olivia just exists to let her blow stuff up more frequently, while Marth is there for Spur Spd to let her (and her +Spd nature) double more frequently. Support is a wonderful thing!

I will definitely be leveling up my Fae for that ghb then.

That's the one thing I don't like about her. Who else has spur spd? I have a Marth, but he has a bad nature and Roy is a better partner for Effie as he has shove.

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Who else has spur spd?

Jeorge, Lyn, Marth, and Saizo all have Spur Speed up to rank 3, while Palla has it up to rank 2, then branches off to Goad Fliers.

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

Who else has spur spd?

Jeorge, Saizo and Lyn have Spur Speed fwiw (as well as Marth). (+5)

Palla has Spur Speed 2 (+4 Speed, before Goad Fliers and its + bonus only to fliers)

Caeda/Gaius/Seliph have Rally Speed (+4)

Eirika/Matthew/Ryoma/Laslow have Hone Speed (+5)

Hinoka has Hone Speed 2, which grants +4 speed, which you could run in select scenarios instead of her Hone Fliers (not a bad idea for Julia tbh.

Edited by Elieson

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Jeorge, Lyn, Marth, and Saizo all have Spur Speed up to rank 3, while Palla has it up to rank 2, then branches off to Goad Fliers.

Ugh, I was hoping it was more common. The only one I have now is Marth, and I doubt any of those would fit with my current team.

Just now, Elieson said:

Jeorge, Palla, Saizo and Lyn have Spur Speed fwiw (as well as Marth). (+5)

Caeda/Gaius/Seliph have Rally Speed (+4)

Eirika/Matthew/Ryoma/Laslow have Hone Speed (+5)

Hinoka has Hone Speed 2, which grants +4 speed, which you could run in select scenarios instead of her Hone Fliers (not a bad idea for Julia tbh.

I have Seliph, but I'm definitely not putting him on my arena team, it's bad enough having two very slow units, and he wouldn't be able to push Effie around. I also have Caeda, but I haven't trained her much. She's +Atk -Def so I think I'll train her up and do some test runs in the training tower. But I don't know if it's worth it to take out Roy, that Shove helps so much. :)

@Elieson Guuu jelly you got one the most desirable IV for her. Mine has +HP -Atk which is a bit undesirable, but not the worst. She still does awesome work, however. Btw, Hone only caps until +4.

Raising Olivia from 2* is a big pain. Just gonna hope I'll come across her in higher rarity. Neutral IV is really desirable, otoh. Hmm.

@immatx Marth could be good to spur speed her, tho he's lacking the nuke Lyn possesses. That being said, a Marth once killed me because of his Escape Route.

Edited by pianime94

Do y'all think it would be better to 5* Effie or Nino first? I have Julia already, and I use Effie on my arena team. Effie is +Atk -Spd, and Nino is +Spd -Def, so both have pretty good natures considering their skills.

10 minutes ago, immatx said:

Do y'all think it would be better to 5* Effie or Nino first? I have Julia already, and I use Effie on my arena team. Effie is +Atk -Spd, and Nino is +Spd -Def, so both have pretty good natures considering their skills.

I would say Effie. If you already have Julia, she fills Nino's green mage slot. Nino is arguably better than Julia if you have a team built around her, but that takes a lot more work. Not to mention, Effie has the 2nd highest BST in the game after Hector, so she's incredibly good for ranking high in Arena! (I'm jealous of your Effie bc mine is actually +Spd, -Atk)

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would say Effie. If you already have Julia, she fills Nino's green mage slot. Nino is arguably better than Julia if you have a team built around her, but that takes a lot more work. Not to mention, Effie has the 2nd highest BST in the game after Hector, so she's incredibly good for ranking high in Arena! (I'm jealous of your Effie bc mine is actually +Spd, -Atk)

Ahhh that sucks, I'm sorry. Effie and Nino probably have the best two natures out of all my units. My Azura, who was my first 5* pull, has +Def -Spd, so I know exactly how you feel. Luckily, she's a dancer, so it doesn't make a huge difference, as she rarely has to face units she can't handle.

Edit: Accidentally clicked submit before I was done typing :/

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, so I'm glad you agree. The only reason why I considered it is because she does have a really good nature. I wish there was a reason to have two really good green infantry mages, sadly, there is not, or at least not yet. Luckily, I think Julia fits my current team better than Nino, so that worked out well :)

Edited by immatx

Currently NOT bored, have a lot of units to train up.  Really want to get Shanna/Frederick/Fir up to 40, and Olivia up as high as I can stomach.  Am also training the anti-8.5 team (Donnel, Gordin, Lilina, the not-redundant Robin).  My hope is that a shot from Lilina, followed by a Brave Lance to the face will do Lucina in.  The Robins can duke it out, Gaius can flail at Gordin (6 Atk makes a huge difference on a Brave user), and the generics die to Lilina.

All that's left of the quests:

wM0HxPF.jpg

My Catria will reach lvl 40 soon™ and I'll let her fight the tenth stratum.
Advanced arena battles are sort of fine with my second-rate team.
Four armours though.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

All that's left of the quests:

Hide contents

My Catria will reach lvl 40 soon™ and I'll let her fight the tenth stratum.
Advanced arena battles are sort of fine with my second-rate team.
Four armours though.

While I am also missing one armor knight, I don't think Draug, Sheena, and Wendy can actually tackle that mission anyway.

47 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

While I am also missing one armor knight, I don't think Draug, Sheena, and Wendy can actually tackle that mission anyway.

Same, probably gonna just skip the Armor quest. Might even need to skip the flying one since the best one I have is 3* Narcian :/

That mission is actually still doable even with Narcian. If you see a three lance or more enemies in the apex stratum, good chances are you'll be thrown into the pincer map full of fliers. Thanks to his Emerald Axe, he'll be taking 0 damage from any of them.

Do great badges have a lower chance of being awarded in the Training Tower? Because I'm picking up where I left off last Thursday in collecting green ones for Freddy, and I did like a dozen battles in the sixth and seventh stratums, and only got 4 total green great badges out of them... The rest were regular green badges. I was luckier with them last week. >_<

I still need seven more to have enough for Freddy to go 5 star. Also need a little less than 8,000 feathers though...

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do great badges have a lower chance of being awarded in the Training Tower? Because I'm picking up where I left off last Thursday in collecting green ones for Freddy, and I did like a dozen battles in the sixth and seventh stratums, and only got 4 total green great badges out of them... The rest were regular green badges. I was luckier with them last week. >_<

I still need seven more to have enough for Freddy to go 5 star. Also need a little less than 8,000 feathers though...

Na, didn't think so, I've got Great Badges in lowers stratums, where I didn't have any before. So I think it's just a question of luck. Dunno the drop rate, but well...

Yeah, and Feathers are really complicated. I have all my main team to be upgrade to 5*. Robin(M) can be picked 5* from summoning, but I don't think I'll have better IV than I have now... So it's difficult.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Na, didn't think so, I've got Great Badges in lowers stratums, where I didn't have any before. So I think it's just a question of luck. Dunno the drop rate, but well...

Yeah, and Feathers are really complicated. I have all my main team to be upgrade to 5*. Robin(M) can be picked 5* from summoning, but I don't think I'll have better IV than I have now... So it's difficult.

Really? I was told that great badges only appear in the sixth stratum and higher. That's why I trained up my current main team to take them on. So far I could only do the sixth and seventh stratums with them, but I'm sure I can eventually do the eighth and ninth ones. The tenth one won't be for quite awhile though, as those are 5 star units at lv. 40 and I still have no 5 stars...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Really? I was told that great badges only appear in the sixth stratum and higher. That's why I trained up my current main team to take them on. So far I could only do the sixth and seventh stratums with them, but I'm sure I can eventually do the eighth and ninth ones. The tenth one won't be for quite awhile though, as those are 5 star units at lv. 40 and I still have no 5 stars...

If I remember well, the Great Badges I earned this time was in the 5th or 4th ? Difficult to remember exactly.. But that was the first time.

Yeah, I didn't even do ninth unless the levels are lower, Crazy units and my two 5* are lvls 26 and 28. And Seliph isn't really good...

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

If I remember well, the Great Badges I earned this time was in the 5th or 4th ? Difficult to remember exactly.. But that was the first time.

Yeah, I didn't even do ninth unless the levels are lower, Crazy units and my two 5* are lvls 26 and 28. And Seliph isn't really good...

Huh, I didn't get any from those... But I'll try them again and see if some appear. Gotta have green for Freddy. And later more green for female Robin, but she's not even 4 star yet, so that can wait. And I want to do 5 star Sharena first anyway, and she's blue.

I think the game states that they're only available in stratums 6+, and I can't say that I've gotten any in anything under that! That being said, it is just luck; badges are dropping for me like crazy today, but I remember what a slow crawl it was for me when I was trying to collect red ones last month!

Yeah, the game says great badges only start dropping since stratum 6, and even then the drop isn't guaranteed. I have between 80 and 130 great badges of varying colours on hand at the moment and am in need of feathers.

Soon, my girl Sharena, soon!

48 minutes ago, Kaiyumi said:

I think the game states that they're only available in stratums 6+, and I can't say that I've gotten any in anything under that!

Effectively... Uh... Weird. Maybe I was wrong and it was the first time I get one from the 6th stratum. Don't know...

On higher stratums (8+), it's not uncommon to earn about 2-4 Great Badges per win. You just need to keep raising a good cover-all team to deal with almost any threat that appears. Even with my well-balanced team of 5* Lyn, Robin-M, Camilla and Takumi, I sometimes get my ass handed to me in the tenth stratum. Heavily armoured units are my goddamn bane.