Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They did add multiple colours of breaths, so we just have to wait and see.

They did, but it's a substantially broader category since it spans a bunch of high-profile characters from throughout the series.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

They did, but it's a substantially broader category since it spans a bunch of high-profile characters from throughout the series.

Yeah... the only Manakete don't already in the game are the most overlooked ones (Myrhh and Bantu) and the 3DS Children (Nah and Kanna)

3 hours ago, Effies_Home said:

Well, I thought my team could beat anything. Turns out I was wrong. Vantage Hector is absolutely ridiculous. Had him in a 3-on-1 with Effie (Full HP), Klein (Full HP), and Minerva (2 HP). He killed all of them without taking damage (except from Effie) because of his vantage-auto counter BS.

Good God, and I thought Takumi was bad....

Vantage Hector is best approached by just parking a Sword/Tiki in his face and hitting end turn. Might be useful to have one of them.

on another note I think I broke Nino

Edited by Thor Odinson

12 minutes ago, unique said:

how have you done this, I wish to do this as well

+Spd -Def Nino with Life or Death2 from 4* Hana

Ryoma w Hone Spd +4 spd + 4 atk

Olivia w Hone Atk +8 atk

Custom built Jaffar w Fortify Res (4* Sophia) and Rally Def (3* Oboro) +4 def +4 res +4 atk

Effectively 70 Atk, she is a few hp short of an ohko on hector, though, but if you put desperation/ardent sacrifice on her she can probably take him from full too

I think the only ones she wouldn't deal with too well are like, TAdept Reds (even then she still has 42 atk on them. Sanaki is a bad matchup but she can probably range the fuck out of Roy) and Tharja or sth

Edited by Thor Odinson

Nino does rely on having buffs available to become this ridiculous. Granted, she's a solid mage even without buffs (46 atk/39spd at 5* level with +spd/-def is nothing to scoff at), but even a 4* nino can be buffed to become pretty great. Many of the stunts I pulled off in those screens are just done with Hone Atk + Hone Spd, so I think those are the most important buffs you can get on her (can be inherited from Matthew and Olivia at 4* level if you don't have characters that naturally have it). Her 4* neutral 40 stats are 40 atk and 34 spd, which with LoD2 becomes 44atk and 38spd, which then if buffed with Hone Atk/Hone Spd becomes effectively 56atk and 42spd. Not quite as ridiculous as 70atk/47spd, but still very threatening.

I definitely think making nino 5* is worth it, but there is that limitation of 20k feathers don't come easy.

Edited by Thor Odinson

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'm starting to regret sending Nino home now... If I pull her again, I'll keep her. Well, if her bane and boon aren't bad, that is.

Even with a -Atk or -Spd bane, she'd still be worth using since her tome, gronnblade, is just that ridiculous. Though you do need to build your team a specific way to make -blade tomes shine. But if Nino gets +4 buffs in Atk, Res and Spd from rallies and hone/fortify, even a -Atk Nino hits 59 Atk before factoring in the weapon triangle. 

One thing that I have noticed in a lot of your posts is that you seem to accord a huge importance to boons and banes. As an example, I'll take my 5* with the worst nature, a +HP/-Spd Eirika, which is far from the best boon/bane she could have. But while she's worst as a combat unit than a +Spd Eirika, she's still an invaluable member of some of my teams due to her role as a support unit (she gives my Nino +10 Atk by herself). Sure if I could, I would have taken another nature on my Eirika, but she was the one I got, so I tried ways to make her useful despite her less than ideal nature since she's 5* and has useful skills. Another thing to keep in mind is that even a -Spd Eirika is still faster than a lot of the units in this game since she's naturally fast. 

Overall, I think the point I was trying to make is that every units, no matter their Boon/Bane combination can be made useful, especially now that skill inheritance is a thing. What units you get in this game is completely dependent on luck, so I found that the best way to enjoy the is to keep every units I get and only send home, merge or use as inheritance fodder the duplicates. This ensure that I'll always have a maximum amount of options to face any scenarios this game presents me with. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Even with a -Atk or -Spd bane, she'd still be worth using since her tome, gronnblade, is just that ridiculous. Though you do need to build your team a specific way to make -blade tomes shine. But if Nino gets +4 buffs in Atk, Res and Spd from rallies and hone/fortify, even a -Atk Nino hits 59 Atk before factoring in the weapon triangle. 

One thing that I have noticed in a lot of your posts is that you seem to accord a huge importance to boons and banes. As an example, I'll take my 5* with the worst nature, a +HP/-Spd Eirika, which is far from the best boon/bane she could have. But while she's worst as a combat unit than a +Spd Eirika, she's still an invaluable member of some of my teams due to her role as a support unit (she gives my Nino +10 Atk by herself). Sure if I could, I would have taken another nature on my Eirika, but she was the one I got, so I tried ways to make her useful despite her less than ideal nature since she's 5* and has useful skills. Another thing to keep in mind is that even a -Spd Eirika is still faster than a lot of the units in this game since she's naturally fast. 

Overall, I think the point I was trying to make is that every units, no matter their Boon/Bane combination can be made useful, especially now that skill inheritance is a thing. What units you get in this game is completely dependent on luck, so I found that the best way to enjoy the is to keep every units I get and only send home, merge or use as inheritance fodder the duplicates. This ensure that I'll always have a maximum amount of options to face any scenarios this game presents me with. 

Well, ever since the first male Robin I pulled did really bad due to a -spd bane (he got doubled by practically everything), I guess I started paying more attention to boons and banes.

But I see. I guess I'm worrying too much about them then, if a lot of the time, a unit with a bane combination of them can still work.

Whatever issue I was having with lag seems to have stopped on its own, thankfully.

And yeah, I have to second the thing about not worrying too much about boons and banes. I've managed a ton of success for a free player while paying basically no attention to them: I've only ever looked them up for one character (m!Robin, after noticing how much faster he was than opposing ones) and that was after I had already fully trained him and was using him so it had absolutely no consequences on anything I did. What matters is if your characters have the stats and other abilities to do the things they need; it doesn't matter how they stack up against other possible versions of themselves outside of mirror matches and times when you have duplicates and you need to decide which to prioritize.

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't have let go of that 5 star Eirika I pulled either then. I mean, I didn't actually send her home, I gave her Hone Spd skills to Palla, so it's not like she just got thrown away or anything, but...yeah. That was my only 5 star pull ever so far.

But I'm glad to learn the error of my ways here before I made more mistakes like this! Thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson, guys!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Whatever issue I was having with lag seems to have stopped on its own, thankfully.

And yeah, I have to second the thing about not worrying too much about boons and banes. I've managed a ton of success for a free player while paying basically no attention to them: I've only ever looked them up for one character (m!Robin, after noticing how much faster he was than opposing ones) and that was after I had already fully trained him and was using him so it had absolutely no consequences on anything I did. What matters is if your characters have the stats and other abilities to do the things they need; it doesn't matter how they stack up against other possible versions of themselves outside of mirror matches and times when you have duplicates and you need to decide which to prioritize.

I just had the worst lag I've ever had in this game. I've had lag before, but it normally stops pretty fast, but this time it didn't it lasted the whole battle. Took me like 20 mins to beat it with all the lag going on. It was nuts. Mine seems fine now too, but I can't figure out what happened haha.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, ever since the first male Robin I pulled did really bad due to a -spd bane (he got doubled by practically everything), I guess I started paying more attention to boons and banes.

But I see. I guess I'm worrying too much about them then, if a lot of the time, a unit with a bane combination of them can still work.

Oh this reminded me of something else that I felt may help you when it come to judging the value of a unit.

Due to how the stat growth works in this game, the best way to see how good a unit will be is to go look at their level 40 stats on the Heroes wiki. Because of how inconsistent the the stats gain is, even a +Def unit may feel incredibly squishy when they're level 25. For example, my +Atk Sanaki had pretty meh Atk from level 20 to 30, but she started gaining all her stats in her level ups to lvl 40. If I had judged her based on her performance at level 26, I would have benched her, but I knew that at level 40, she'd be an absolute monster with 55 Atk that would make green units shake in their boots, so I persevered.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Oh this reminded me of something else that I felt may help you when it come to judging the value of a unit.

Due to how the stat growth works in this game, the best way to see how good a unit will be is to go look at their level 40 stats on the Heroes wiki. Because of how inconsistent the the stats gain is, even a +Def unit may feel incredibly squishy when they're level 25. For example, my +Atk Sanaki had pretty meh Atk from level 20 to 30, but she started gaining all her stats in her level ups to lvl 40. If I had judged her based on her performance at level 26, I would have benched her, but I knew that at level 40, she'd be an absolute monster with 55 Atk that would make green units shake in their boots, so I persevered.

You know what, I kinda noticed this lately. My Michalis is getting all kinds of good level ups, but now that I think about it, that male Robin got a lot of really bad ones, making hard to get him any more levels (and he was 3 star, whereas the male Robin I use now was pulled as a 4 star). Thanks for confirming it too.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think herons are compatible with Heroes at all. It's like how they had to give Ninian a breath attack to include her, but herons couldn't get any weapon.

Beast and bird Laguz would require at least one entire new weapon type for their "strike" attacks. That's reason enough for me to be skeptical of their inclusion, but my guess is that if they do get included, they'll be lumped under colorless. Adding multiple colors of strikes would be really strange, and they definitely wouldn't do it for just two of the three colors.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

They did add multiple colours of breaths, so we just have to wait and see.

I do imagine they'd add Strike as a new weapon type once the Laguz (also Taguel?) are implemented. There's really nothing stopping them from adding a new set of weapons.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I do imagine they'd add Strike as a new weapon type once the Laguz (also Taguel?) are implemented. There's really nothing stopping them from adding a new set of weapons.

They've been adding plenty of new individual weapons and some other skills, so it's probably not that unreasonable, just a bit of a hurdle. But that's a good point about such an addition also making it possible to add Taguel, and the same goes for the beast tribes in Fates, so that's more reason for them to do it. I do think it has decent odds of working out, but I still expect that if they do, they'll keep it all to colorless.

5 hours ago, Effies_Home said:

Well, I thought my team could beat anything. Turns out I was wrong. Vantage Hector is absolutely ridiculous. Had him in a 3-on-1 with Effie (Full HP), Klein (Full HP), and Minerva (2 HP). He killed all of them without taking damage (except from Effie) because of his vantage-auto counter BS.

Good God, and I thought Takumi was bad....

Sounds like you want to find a Tiki. No, not the 5*-locked young Tiki...I'm talking about Naga's Voice Tiki. The one with natural Lightning Breath. The one who, once given Quick Riposte, will demolish both Takumi and Hector on the counterattack on the EP. She doesn't even need to be 5*, because she's cool like that (she might need an Atk buff depending on boon/bane combos). Did I mention that giving her Reciprocal Aid will let her do it more than once (though she doesn't really need it for Hectors)? You could go against Vantage Takumi and Vantage Hector on the same team, and she'd crush them both.

On one hand im interested because i have 2 Tiki and was thinking off saccing her to F!Corrin and knowing shes actually better and easy to optimize saves me 20k feather

On the other hand i use Roy as my Hector answer

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Sounds like you want to find a Tiki. No, not the 5*-locked young Tiki...I'm talking about Naga's Voice Tiki. The one with natural Lightning Breath. The one who, once given Quick Riposte, will demolish both Takumi and Hector on the counterattack on the EP. She doesn't even need to be 5*, because she's cool like that (she might need an Atk buff depending on boon/bane combos). Did I mention that giving her Reciprocal Aid will let her do it more than once (though she doesn't really need it for Hectors)? You could go against Vantage Takumi and Vantage Hector on the same team, and she'd crush them both.

I watched your video and I'm curious as to how your dragon only team is working out considering Julia and Falchion wielders are a thing. I'm asking because I own all dragons except Young Tiki and they're all 5* except for F!Corrin who is 4*, so the idea of making a dragon team has crossed my mind more than once.

4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I watched your video and I'm curious as to how your dragon only team is working out considering Julia and Falchion wielders are a thing. I'm asking because I own all dragons except Young Tiki and they're all 5* except for F!Corrin who is 4*, so the idea of making a dragon team has crossed my mind more than once.

I just started trying it out today actually, it's working alright so far (i.e. no deaths yet). From my observation...

Falchions are easy. Swordbreaker Corrin for days. Heck, 4 Lucinas would be one of the easiest matchups because everyone else's HP is basically forfeit so you could literally just Reciprocal Aid everyone's health onto Corrin when she needs it.

Julia's more of a problem, only Adult Tiki can handle her, and I think she might need Fortify Dragons for +Atk variants (haven't actually run into one yet).

Now...if Julia gets stuck behind a Falchion...that might be a problem =P . I'd probably have to let them approach then try to ORKO them both with Corrin & Tiki.

4 hours ago, JSND said:

On one hand im interested because i have 2 Tiki and was thinking off saccing her to F!Corrin and knowing shes actually better and easy to optimize saves me 20k feather

On the other hand i use Roy as my Hector answer

If you have a Takumi counter too I wouldn't worry about it. I personally just find the way Tiki can do it to be hilarious.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I just started trying it out today actually, it's working alright so far. From my observation...

Falchions are easy. Swordbreaker Corrin for days. Heck, 4 Lucinas would be one of the easiest matchups because everyone else's HP is basically forfeit so you could literally just Reciprocal Aid everyone's health onto Corrin when she needs it.

Julia's more of a problem, only Adult Tiki can handle her, and I think she might need Fortify Dragons for +Atk variants (haven't actually run into one yet).

Now...if Julia gets stuck behind a Falchion...that might be a problem =P . I'd probably have to let them approach then try to ORKO them both with Corrin & Tiki.

If have a Takumi counter too I wouldn't worry about it. I personally just find the way Tiki can do it to be hilarious.

I figured Nowi or F!Corrin would eat Falchion users for lunch with even Swordbreaker, so that's to hear.

And regarding Julia I was doing calcs based on my +Spd/-Res Tiki and with Triangle Adept 3, she'd survive with 14 HP against a +Atk Julia and she would kill Julia with Quick Riposte so it should be fine if no-other dangerous units can attack Tiki before she heals.

If I ever get more characters with Triangle Adept, I may attempt to recreate this. (I only got 1 spare Cordelia. I was hoping to get a Selena from the Michalis banner for TA3, but no such luck. I did get 5* Fae though) Though by that time, they're might be more dragons or dragon slayers released

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Vantage Hector is best approached by just parking a Sword/Tiki in his face and hitting end turn. Might be useful to have one of them.

on another note I think I broke Nino

In my defense, i did have Lucina. Unfortunately, she got blindsided by Nino and was taken out before Hector was an issue.

Speaking of Hector... I'm not very sure of which inherited skills give him...

I believe his boon/bane is +ATK -SPD if that helps.

Now I know Pivot is a good support skill for armored units to inherit, but what about the others?

Should I keep Pavise for him or let him learn some other offensive skill because of his boon?

Also, I'm thinking of giving him either Vantage or Wary Fighter for his B skill, and perharps a Threaten skill for C but I don't know which would be better for both B and C.

What do you guys think?