Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, I guess they didn't like the results enough to roll with it again then, if that's the case.

More likely, "Huh, I think we're spoiling them with so many free orbs," considering the number we've gotten and are slated to get soon.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, I guess they didn't like the results enough to roll with it again then, if that's the case.

I'd guess that rather than do it every time now, they'll save something like that to fill in as an event when they don't have something else going. They probably wouldn't want to give us free stuff from the Twitter quiz AND an early hero battle right now, for example.

Edited by Alkaid

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'll get Navarre. I don't mind going for him. I feel like my roster needs to grow more in general. Everybody seems to have far more characters than I do, though one reason for that is probably the amount of summons. I've done less than others here, I'm pretty sure. I know I've sent home characters and ditched some for skills too, but not so many that I'd have the same number of characters as some people here if I hadn't. A bunch were duplicates anyway.

I always hold onto at least one copy of everybody, even Nowi.  I'm a bit of a completionist, so I don't like sending characters home, if I don't have a double.  Now that Skill inheritance is a thing, I only really send units home when I hit the unit limit.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd guess that rather than do it every time now, they'll save something like that to fill in as an event when they don't have something else going. They probably wouldn't want to give us free stuff from the Twitter quiz AND an early hero battle right now, for example.

That's a good point too, actually.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Nino is broken as hell. She doubles everything and does a lot of damage even to reds and high res units. That's really not fair and it cost me a battle. I'm surrendering any time I see her. I'm not dealing with that.

And yeah, where are our April updates? We need them like right now...

Exploit the AI to get rid of her teammates. Dealing with Nino is way easier than dealing with Vantage Ryoma or Kagero, those 2 are a pain even exploiting the AI.

Edited by L9999

1 minute ago, AW91 said:

Is it worth to pull on some of the focus?

I have 125 Orbs in stock, but don´t exactly now, if it´s worth it...

The Spring Heroes will disappear after this focus, so if you want them, it's now or never. Their stats aren't amazing though, so it's ultimately up to you. For what it's worth, Spring Lucina does have a very good skill that's going to be useful no matter what, if you care about inheritance.

4 hours ago, L9999 said:

Exploit the AI to get rid of her teammates. Dealing with Nino is way easier than dealing with Vantage Ryoma or Kagero, those 2 are a pain even exploiting the AI.

That's what I did. She still killed my whole team even after she was left by herself.

1 hour ago, Ryu Yuki said:

The Spring Heroes will disappear after this focus, so if you want them, it's now or never. Their stats aren't amazing though, so it's ultimately up to you. For what it's worth, Spring Lucina does have a very good skill that's going to be useful no matter what, if you care about inheritance.

Correction, they may, and probably will, come back in future events. It says as much in their news announcement. It'll still be a while until we see them again, but this isn't the only chance we'll get at them.

13 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Correction, they may, and probably will, come back in future events. It says as much in their news announcement. It'll still be a while until we see them again, but this isn't the only chance we'll get at them.

They said they may or may not become available in future events. So they're reserving the option to bring them back in the future, but there's no promise of it.

@Anacybele I'm glad more and more people are discovering how amazing Nino is :D

In any case, if you're having trouble dealing with Nino, you can mostly deal with her the same way you deal with Linde (wait outside her range then ambush her). Nino's firepower is balanced out by a) not being able to put out that much damage without team support and b) having the defenses of a wet paper bag. 

Neutral Nino has 33 HP and a pitiful 19 defense even at 5* level 40, which means that you'd only need 44 attack on a red sword unit (or 52 on a green axe unit or archer/thief) (unless the thief has Poison Dagger in which case you only need 35 attack) to OHKO her. 

Alternatively, if you transfer Henry's Green Tomebreaker skill to someone, they'd be able to automatically double her, so you would either need a red physical unit with 30 attack, a red mage with 36 attack, a green/colorless physical unit with 36 attack, or a green/colorless magic unit with 43 attack. 

These calculations all assume Nino has neutral HP/def/res at 5* level 40, but obviously if she were + in any of those she'd be harder to kill and if she were - in any of those she'd be easier to kill. Or if she's not 5* and/or not yet level 40, of course. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele I'm glad more and more people are discovering how amazing Nino is :D

In any case, if you're having trouble dealing with Nino, you can mostly deal with her the same way you deal with Linde (wait outside her range then ambush her). Nino's firepower is balanced out by a) not being able to put out that much damage without team support and b) having the defenses of a wet paper bag. 

Neutral Nino has 33 HP and a pitiful 19 defense even at 5* level 40, which means that you'd only need 44 attack on a red sword unit (or 52 on a green axe unit or archer/thief) (unless the thief has Poison Dagger in which case you only need 35 attack) to OHKO her. 

Alternatively, if you transfer Henry's Green Tomebreaker skill to someone, they'd be able to automatically double her, so you would either need a red physical unit with 30 attack, a red mage with 36 attack, a green/colorless physical unit with 36 attack, or a green/colorless magic unit with 43 attack. 

These calculations all assume Nino has neutral HP/def/res at 5* level 40, but obviously if she were + in any of those she'd be harder to kill and if she were - in any of those she'd be easier to kill. Or if she's not 5* and/or not yet level 40, of course. 

Being as broken as she is is not amazing. It's annoying and dumb.

And no, I obviously can't deal with Nino the same way I deal with Linde, I don't have a character that consistently one-shots her like I do for Linde.

Henry is my only red tome user, I can't get rid of him right now. Also, he only gets Green Tomebreaker 3 at 4 star, which he is not.

It's funny... I went into this game thinking I'd only use pretty male characters that I liked...

My current arena team is Azura, Lucina, Kagero and (insert bonus character who this week is Bunny!Camilla for the magic).

-.-

Funny how things change xD

It's not any better on my secondary account, where I use a combo of Camilla, Hinoka, Sanaki, Julia and Bonus Unit.

Oh well... I'll keep training up the guys and pretend I'll use them eventually xD

I wish we could exit a summon session without having to spend 5 orbs... I didn't really think about it before but spending 200 orbs on Wyvern Riders and getting almost no green orbs was pretty darn painful, especially when coupled with losing my improved 5* chance on the FE7 banner when I got 5 white orbs and pulled Maria. Alternatively, a guarantee of at least 1 orb of each color, or each color in focus, or something similar would work too. Just, something to prevent people from having to waste pulls on colors that don't have character they're after (or at least, don't have focus character).

(I wanted Cherche, Minerva or Brave Axe, okay?)

(Though at least I have the full set of Macedonian siblings now)

@Anacybele You've been training Marth, correct? He should be able to handle Nino.

Anyways, while I agree with MaskedAmpharos that Nino's wet toilet paper robes balance her fairly well, the Blade tomes are pretty broken and could use a nerf. Putting a cap on the atk bonus (10?) they generate or reducing the bonus atk per buff (maybe 1 atk per 2 stat bonuses instead of the current 1) would go a long way balancing the playing ground.

35 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Oh. Sorry for assuming he could, I thought she would die to any sword user.

IIRC isn't it like

Nino can have 39 Speed so she doubles lower ends of Sword Lord including Marth. She had 46 + 8 + 4 + 4 Attack with triple Hone, so thats 62 ATK, 50 with WTD

If the Sword Lord had 25 RES, they took 25x2 = 50. I don't think theres any Sword Lord who naturally reach that speed

Roy can survives because with TA, her atk should be dropped into 38, got her defense reduced by Roy who can now went in for a one shot

42 minutes ago, JSND said:

IIRC isn't it like

Nino can have 39 Speed so she doubles lower ends of Sword Lord including Marth. She had 46 + 8 + 4 + 4 Attack with triple Hone, so thats 62 ATK, 50 with WTD

If the Sword Lord had 25 RES, they took 25x2 = 50. I don't think theres any Sword Lord who naturally reach that speed

Roy can survives because with TA, her atk should be dropped into 38, got her defense reduced by Roy who can now went in for a one shot

Oh I know she's capable of killing swordies, I have first hand experience of that. What I thought (and was wrong about) was that she would die when attacked by any sword unit.

(I really should have checked the numbers instead of assuming)