Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Going back to my earlier "who to promote question"

ya'll said Nowi, so during downtime between gauntlets i was trying to get her closer to 40 until I noticed that she has 14 speed at level 31. Since it's physically impossible to reach the neutral that means she has a -speed nature. I can't determine the boon just yet, but resistence looks neutral so its probably attack.

Considering the decision on Nino was pass due to similar circumstances and Nowi's supposed to be a cannon, is Nowi still worth doing or should I settle for Kagero or Corrin F again

e: Actually let's also add this question: aside from units like armors, is there EVER a time where -speed is wanted.

Edited by r_n

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

ya'll said Nowi, so during downtime between gauntlets i was trying to get her closer to 40 until I noticed that she has 14 speed at level 31. Since it's physically impossible to reach the neutral that means she has a -speed nature. I can't determine the boon just yet, but resistence looks neutral so its probably attack.

Considering the decision on Nino was pass due to similar circumstances and Nowi's supposed to be a cannon, is Nowi still worth doing or should I settle for Kagero or Corrin F again

e: Actually let's also add this question: aside from units like armors, is there EVER a time where -speed is wanted.

Reinhardt.

Also, Draug likes +Spd nature very much. 36 spd lets him double a lot of things while preventing doubles form a lot of things..

Speed is a 'breakpoint' stat, the few points of speed that make you go from doubled to not-doubled, or not-doubling to doubling are very valuable. Every other point is worthless. Speed points around 30 are the most valuable, tbh, since the vast majority of units cluster around that number, so a spd boon would help lots, while a speed bane hurts.

That said, I'd still use a -spd Nowi just for BST reasons---can't get good arena score if you can't get high BST enemies. That might change once the April update rolls out, though.

35 minutes ago, r_n said:

Just go F corrin if it bothers you that much. -speed Nowi doesn't stand a blazing chance in the deep depths of the nether against falcon users.

Gordon and Klein function well on -spd

Oh right after SI Draug probably winds up pretty solid if i can get him a good weapon.

I'll keep the speed banes for the other archers in mind if I get them. Thanks guys

50 minutes ago, r_n said:

Nowi doesn't need Spd if you give her Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte.

-Spd does have its uses, though. If you know you will be consistently double attacked and you have Quick Riposte, you can opt for a special skill with a 1-hit longer cooldown and have it activate on the last hit (or 1 hit longer and have it land at the start of the next round of combat).

Reinhardt's Dire Thunder and abysmally low Spd mean he should be gunning for 2-hit kills where his Spd doesn't matter.

Sophia's absolutely horrendous Spd means she's never going to double anything anyways and avoids so few double attacks that she doesn't care, either.

I'll dig around for swordbreaker before committing, I think she'd still do well in the intermediates then.

Nice, my 4 star Abel gets the full suite, I'll pass him along. I'll still wait for my next pull just to see what comes out, but nowi looks redeemable.

Even if she is The Worst

Edited by r_n

54 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just go F corrin if it bothers you that much. -speed Nowi doesn't stand a blazing chance in the deep depths of the nether against falcon users.

Gordon and Klein function well on -spd

Klein actually wants neutral speed a lot (+Atk is still favored over +Spd, though). He pulls off the Quadsuna set better than Setsuna, but not with -spd, and even with his default kit, having neutral speed prevents a lot of doubles while opening up a pair of quad-hit kills he couldn't get otherwise.

Edit: Gordin's base speed is low enough that he doesn't really lose anything from -spd, though. (In all seriousness, Gordin's mostly useful for handing off his Brave Bow+ to either Takumi or Jeorge if you wanted to turn them into Klein---giving Brave Bow+ to Setsuna is just a sad joke).

Edited by DehNutCase

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Klein actually wants neutral speed a lot (+Atk is still favored over +Spd, though). He pulls off the Quadsuna set better than Setsuna, but not with -spd, and even with his default kit, having neutral speed prevents a lot of doubles while opening up a pair of quad-hit kills he couldn't get otherwise.

I mean, it's not like everyone and their mother is trying to get Quadsuna anyway, not to mention I said functions well not "are still pretty amazing with -spd". In fact, when you think about it, I basically said what you just said in short!

(well maybe not but get off my back woman!)

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean, it's not like everyone and their mother is trying to get Quadsuna anyway, not to mention I said functions well not "are still pretty amazing with -spd". In fact, when you think about it, I basically said what you just said in short!

(well maybe not but get off my back woman!)

The question was who wants -spd, though.

But I agree, Klein and Gordin are perfectly functional with -spd.

UrpfrnT.png

I know he isn't the best unit, but I loved him in SD/New Mystery, and I love his art in this game, so I had to.

If I ever get a Karel at some point, he's instantly food for Navarre, but I think this skillset will do for now. :>

Edited by Fruity Insanity

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@shadowofchaos @Ryu Yuki

The deed is finally done. Words cannot describe the magnificence.

Hide contents

4SSOwbI.jpg

Yet somehow I have no spare Triangle Adepts lying around. The hell...?

CONGRATULATIONS :DDD I'm so jealous. Your Ninian is very beautiful <3

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@shadowofchaos @Ryu Yuki

Hide contents

4SSOwbI.jpg

Dat Ninian. Me jelly.

Will promote Mike in half an hour when I get my remaining feathers.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@shadowofchaos @Ryu Yuki

Hide contents

4SSOwbI.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT IS PERFECTION IN HUMAN DRAGON FORM

I NEVER KNEW SOMETHING SO BEAUTIFUL COULD POSSIBLY EXIST

THOSE SCARLET EYES! THE SILKY TURQUOISE HAIR! THAT AURA OF WARMTH!

EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS UTTER BEAUTY AND PERFECTION!!

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THAT 40+10

IT'S THE EMBODIMENT AND PROOF OF TRULY PURE DEDICATION TO HER CAUSE

MASTER ICE DRAGON,  NEVER BEFORE HAVE I SEEN SUCH A DEDICATED FOLLOWER TO HER CAUSE

YOU BLEW EVERYTHING TO ALLOW HER TO REACH THE PINNACLE OF HER EXISTENCE

TRULY, YOU ARE A BLESSED INDIVIDUAL THAT KNOWS WHAT IS TRULY IMPORTANT IN LIFE

FOR THIS LOWLY HUMAN BEING TO BE GRACED BY BOTH YOUR PRESENCE AND THIS 40+10 NINIAN'S

I AM TRULY BLESSED AND FORTUNATE TO HAVE SUCH AN OPPORTUNITY IN THIS LIFE

PLEASE, IF POSSIBLE, MAKE ME YOUR APPRENTICE!

I WANT TO FOLLOW IN YOUR WAYS AS A TRUE NINIAN FOLLOWER!

YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE PINNACLE OF WHAT I WISH TO BE IN LIFE!!

Is that a +Spd -Res nature btw?

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Quick, have her eat a Roy!

Kinda sucks that you got -Res tho.

Thing is... I'm terrible at thinking ahead and great at brainfart. I tossed like 3 or 4 Roys into the woodchipper like a week ago to make more room. God, I'm so dumb. t_t

-Res was intentional. She's not going to be in direct combat often, and the absolute worst case scenario is I need her to tank a Falchion or Raudhrblade+. With Triangle Adept 3 and Quick Riposte 3 (whenever I get around to finding another Roy), a vanilla +10 +Atk Chrom with no buffs deals only 59% damage, and a fully buffed (+4 to all stats) vanilla +10 +Atk Tharja deals only 65% damage. Both die on the second counterattack.

3 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Is that a +Spd -Res nature btw?

Yes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thing is... I'm terrible at thinking ahead and great at brainfart. I tossed like 3 or 4 Roys into the woodchipper like a week ago to make more room. God, I'm so dumb. t_t

-Res was intentional. She's not going to be in direct combat often, and the absolute worst case scenario is I need her to tank a Falchion or Raudhrblade+. With Triangle Adept 3 and Quick Riposte 3 (whenever I get around to finding another Roy), a vanilla +10 +Atk Chrom with no buffs deals only 59% damage, and a fully buffed (+4 to all stats) vanilla +10 +Atk Tharja deals only 65% damage. Both die on the second counterattack.

Haha, well he'll come back to you sooner or later. To be eaten, that is.

Hmm. That's interesting. I was thinking of giving her Swordbreaker but Quick Riposte seems to be nice too since it's pretty flexible to work with. Though she really needs that +Spd to be safe.

Please come to me some more, Ninian!

13 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Why would you have her eat her son? Feed her a Selena.

I find a great irony in Ninian dying shortly after giving birth to Roy and Ninian getting stronger after consuming Roy.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

Ah, I see.  Seriously speaking though, congratulations on your 40+10 Ninian, even if it was only a matter of time. I'm genuinely happy that so many huge fans of her exist in this forum, and it's really nice to see someone I know finally attain a 40+10 version of her. That 40+10 Ninian truly is beautiful, and I can imagine how pleased you must be with her. As a fellow fan of her, I really am pleased to see such obsession over her after all those years ago where no one really talked about her and speaking her name would incite a horde of Lyndis fans to lynch you. And of course, as a fellow fan, I am also admittedly incredibly jelly over your new super unit that I can probably never attain. My Ninian is still totally better though; she's much cuter and is perfect in many other ways! Still, I know you must have sacrificed (your wallet's contents) immensely to obtain her, and I do legitimately greatly admire you for your dedication to her cause. The earlier post was obviously a half-jest, but I did kind of mean it when I kind of look up to you in a master/mentor type of manner. You seem incredibly knowledgeable, you have pretty much the exact same tastes as me, and we both have ridiculously similar usernames if one thinks about it. You're pretty much my ideal on this forum, and I do hope that means something to you. My Ninian is still the best to me though.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

3 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Haha, well he'll come back to you sooner or later. To be eaten, that is.

Hmm. That's interesting. I was thinking of giving her Swordbreaker but Quick Riposte seems to be nice too since it's pretty flexible to work with. Though she really needs that +Spd to be safe.

Please come to me some more, Ninian!

I find a great irony in Ninian dying shortly after giving birth to Roy and Ninian getting stronger after consuming Roy.

The whole family kinda does that

I mean Eliwood and Roys skillset covers each others empty slot. Thats probably why IS used them for their Skill Inheritance example. 

Although Axebreaker on Roy sounds bad and Triangle Adept on YOLOwood seems eh but i digress

Edited by JSND

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

FMpqKK3.jpg

Haha game, very funny.

Michalis can go stomp anyway. That's the good thing about training highly defensive units like him, Triangle disadvantage doesn't mean anything if he takes single digit damage anyway due to absurd bulk.