Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, immatx said:

Speaking of axe users, are there any in Echoes that may be released soon? It seems like there aren't many top quality ones in the game right now, not counting Hector of course.

Well Gaiden was one of the FE games that didn't have any playable axe users, and Echoes seems to be sticking to that.

So unless they make Dahha(earlygame boss on Celica's route) or whatever his name is playable, probably not.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Well Gaiden was one of the FE games that didn't have any playable axe users, and Echoes seems to be sticking to that.

So unless they make Dahha(earlygame boss on Celica's route) or whatever his name is playable, probably not.

........oh......ok

Why do you do this to me Fire Emblem?

10 minutes ago, immatx said:

........oh......ok

Yeah axe users had it rough in the early days. FE1 just duped 4 of them on you in the second chapter and none of them could promote. Then FE2 and FE3 Book 2 didn't have any playable ones ( though you could still get Silver axes in FE3 as vendor trash).

It wasn't really until FE5 that axe users started really getting good.

28 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I just remembered the -reaver/dual weapons and now I'm wondering if they will appear, either as the weapons themselves or a skill.

I'm guessing they'll be introduced eventually as a "shake up". You can't stick to unique/semi-unique (Wo Dao) weapons for ever and reavers would be a great way to give new so-so characters an immediate niche before you throw them away.

I also expect Beast Killers & Hunting Knives (Hunting Bow too?) to be added once we start getting Laguz and such.

Though I do think they'll probably be added eventually, I feel like adding Beastkiller weapons is largely unnecessary as cavalry units aren't really a threat except in the lower BST ranges where they're viable (you can kind of see this with how niche beastkiller tomes are now). 

What I do think would be cool is if they added Sting Shurikens for armors and weapons like Levin Sword or Bolt Axe to let melee units deal magic damage (still somewhat upset that Felicia didn't get the Flame Shuriken as I think it would have been perfect for her. Maybe Flora will get it if/when she's ever put in Heroes?)

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Though I do think they'll probably be added eventually, I feel like adding Beastkiller weapons is largely unnecessary as cavalry units aren't really a threat except in the lower BST ranges where they're viable (you can kind of see this with how niche beastkiller tomes are now). 

What I do think would be cool is if they added Sting Shurikens for armors and weapons like Levin Sword or Bolt Axe to let melee units deal magic damage (still somewhat upset that Felicia didn't get the Flame Shuriken as I think it would have been perfect for her. Maybe Flora will get it if/when she's ever put in Heroes?)

I still think it's ironic how the Ice Tribe maid works best when using a fire based weapon lol

Just now, mcsilas said:

I still think it's ironic how the Ice Tribe maid works best when using a fire based weapon lol

True that. Also (Birthright spoilers)

Spoiler

Giving Flora a fire-based weapon would add on another layer of irony :P

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

True that. Also (Birthright spoilers)

Hide contents

Giving Flora a fire-based weapon would add on another layer of irony :P

Exactly, although I wasn't going to mention it because story reasons haha

Even weirder when they attack and they have the Ice effects (because Ice Tribe) while using Flame Shuriken

Just now, mcsilas said:

Even weirder when they attack and they have the Ice effects (because Ice Tribe) while using Flame Shuriken

You say weird, but I actually find it really cool to have the fire and ice particles together :O

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, it's home, what can I say... I don't mind it much, to be honest.

Oh, I'd agree on wanting the TMS characters in. I think it could be interesting, considering unlike the rest, they could relate with the Player/Summoner somewhat.

Yeah it's home, after all, but sometimes the heat's too high :P:

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

TMS characters won't be added. Devs said it'd be too hard/complicated.

Just for curiosity, where was this stated (source)? And what would be hard to implement? I think they can pull a neat idea. They're obviously not going to show Yashiro performing Under the Moon or Kiria performing The Labyrinth.

51 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I just remembered the -reaver/dual weapons and now I'm wondering if they will appear, either as the weapons themselves or a skill.

They're partly implemented, as the Triangle Adept skill. Reaver weapons doubled weapon triangle bonuses/penalties, we're just missing the weapon that reverses the triangle.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Just for curiosity, where was this stated (source)? And what would be hard to implement? I think they can pull a neat idea. They're obviously not going to show Yashiro performing Under the Moon or Kiria performing The Labyrinth.

It was an interview someone posted a while back. It's been pretty buried by now.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You say weird, but I actually find it really cool to have the fire and ice particles together :O

I guess you'll enjoy Rinkah using Leo's Iceblade :D

Yeah the contradiction's pretty cool, just weird science-wise haha (but then that applies to a lot of logic in games)

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Beast Killers aren't as useful now, but once we start having cavalry, laguz and misc beast people running around it will start getting silly to have the only beast killing weaponry on a small selection of mages.

The only special weapons I don't see them adding is the Wyrmslayer, just because there's no random enemy manaketes. At least I assume that's why there's no wyrmslayers; the playable armors certainly aren't worth giving every single normal class their armor slaying weapons already.

You can't discuss weather without a person from Siberia, damn it!

(which I am, thank you very much)

Right, anti-cavalry stuff. I've been a proponent of (re)introducing the physical anti-cavalry line for a while now. Longsword for swords (duh), Halberd or Poleaxe for axes, and Horseslayer or Ridersbane for lances.

Edited by Vaximillian

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can't discuss weather without a person from Siberia, damn it!

I hear it's cold like a sprite soda up there. If it snows regularly too you're probably gonna see me running around

To me, cavalry weapons in this game would be a waste of time. Hands down. Period. No questions asked. In fact, they'd probably add magic weapons before they add cavalry weapons. And if they do add cavalry weapons, the next person who posts on this topic is getting their ear licked for 20 seconds straight.

Magic weapons are also a waste of time. I bet magic weapons won't be added in here. Even if they do, I'm pretty sure they're gonna be character specific. there are already  these things called manaketes who basically do the same thing, attack up close and target resistance. The only difference is that they won't be smacked up by Falchion users, but they're now vulnerable to ____ breaker skills. 

So they could be a thing but I highly doubt it. Highly highly highly doubt it!

Spoiler

I sure hope they don't add cavalry weapons heh

Edited by Arcanite

Soon! Soon! I now just need a Subaki or two.

JtgMakg.jpg

@Arcanite, armourslayers are useless too but still here they nevertheless. Anti-cavalry weapons might be cool, who knows.

Oh, and I wonder how they will implement Leif's Light Brand, the magic weapon in the series.

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I hear it's cold like a sprite soda up there. If it snows regularly too you're probably gonna see me running around

To me, cavalry weapons in this game would be a waste of time. Hands down. Period. No questions asked. In fact, they'd probably add magic weapons before they add cavalry weapons. And if they do add cavalry weapons, the next person who posts on this topic is getting their ear licked for 20 seconds straight.

Magic weapons are also a waste of time. I bet magic weapons won't be added in here. Even if they do, I'm pretty sure they're gonna be character specific. there are already  these things called manaketes who basically do the same thing, attack up close and target resistance. The only difference is that they won't be smacked up by Falchion users, but they're now vulnerable to ____ breaker skills. 

So they could be a thing but I highly doubt it. Highly highly highly doubt it!

Hide contents

I sure hope they don't add cavalry weapons heh

Cavalry-specific weapons would be lame if they did it now. But we're going to get Laguz/beasts and those weapons work on them too. It really feels like it will happen eventually.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Fun fact, you can also do that in Heroes as long as you're using Bolganone/Cymbeline combined with Glacies.

3 minutes ago, Alfred Kamon said:

Fun fact, you can also do that in Heroes as long as you're using Bolganone/Cymbeline combined with Glacies.

That's what my Lilina has (Bolganone + Iceberg). I headcanon her mother to be an Ilian, probably Farina.

I definitely remember an interview, but I thought they said they just had no plans for it "at this time" and not "it's impossible"

cuz like worst case scenario you just put in itsuki in his carnage forme. not that hard.

Ah, found it. https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

The relevant bit is here

Q: Is there a possibility of seeing #FE characters appear in this game?

Matsushita: Hmm… It would be very difficult for them to appear due to the differences in story and setting, and things may get complicated with the separate universes…

Q: Of course, considering the #FE mirages also came from parallel universes anyway.

Basically a sort of non-answer. You get the feeling they hadn't really thought about adding them. I'd be surprised if we NEVER got them, but they're likely not a priority.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that definitely doesn't de-confirm them, but they don't seem to be in the short-term plans.

I'm willing to bet we'll eventually get them, though. For a game like this, there's zero reason to not add anyone.

Looks like it might as well be a deconfirmation to me. Them being difficult to appear implies to me that the devs likely won't bother with them. I suppose it's not outright IMPOSSIBLE, but still pretty unlikely.

Just now, Jave said:

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that definitely doesn't de-confirm them, but they don't seem to be in the short-term plans.

I'm willing to bet we'll eventually get them, though. For a game like this, there's zero reason to not add anyone.

Even Cipher added cards for them AND the fe6 manga, after all. Even being irrelevant shouldn't hold them back too much (see also: the majority of past characters)

Worst case scenario, they just release alternate versions of the actual mirages like Chrom rather than Itsuki