Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@r_n Gonna save a moderator's trouble, but don't double-post. It's not allowed on this site. Also you beat me to it with that interview thread.

On a completely different note, I can't stop starting at Sophia's tall neck. Check her attack pose as well.
Capture.JPG.ee4f362db65cc654cacd8bd46ca887b4.JPG

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah I doubled posted on accident there (& got side tracked by quotes) but once you double post there's...no way to delete a post? For some reason? So that's my bad.

e: And yeah some of the necks are a bit. Off.

Edited by r_n

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

@r_n Gonna save a moderator's trouble, but don't double-post. It's not allowed on this site. Also you beat me to it with that interview thread.

On a completely different note, I can't stop starting at Sophia's tall neck. Check her attack pose as well.
Capture.JPG.ee4f362db65cc654cacd8bd46ca887b4.JPG

Lonqu's neck when he's attacking also has a weird angle to it

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like it might as well be a deconfirmation to me. Them being difficult to appear implies to me that the devs likely won't bother with them. I suppose it's not outright IMPOSSIBLE, but still pretty unlikely.

Honestly, Matsuhita's comment seemed like a quick answer to a rather unexpected question. There are dozens of ways the characters could be worked into the story, and I'm sure they could come up with something if they wanted to use them.

Worst case scenario they don't even work them into the story, just add them into the game without a Paralogue.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Honestly, Matsuhita's comment seemed like a quick answer to a rather unexpected question. There are dozens of ways the characters could be worked into the story, and I'm sure they could come up with something if they wanted to use them.

Worst case scenario they don't even work them into the story, just add them into the game without a Paralogue.

Eh, I suppose so.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Ah, found it. https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

The relevant bit is here

Basically a sort of non-answer. You get the feeling they hadn't really thought about adding them. I'd be surprised if we NEVER got them, but they're likely not a priority.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Ah, thanks. Yeah, that definitely doesn't de-confirm them, but they don't seem to be in the short-term plans.

I'm willing to bet we'll eventually get them, though. For a game like this, there's zero reason to not add anyone.

Basically this. Thanks for the link!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like it might as well be a deconfirmation to me. Them being difficult to appear implies to me that the devs likely won't bother with them. I suppose it's not outright IMPOSSIBLE, but still pretty unlikely.

I still have my hopes, in gacha games you can expect whatever, even crossover characters. I can see them in the future, not a close one though, as they admittedly have higher priorities like the CYL special appearance, and other acclaimed titles like Tellius and Valentia.

What I'm not sure is if they can pull non-FE characters as a means of collaboration or showcase of a game, like bringing up Mario, Link or Zelda to Heroes. I'm not sure if I've seen such a case in the past, but I remember Phantom of The Kill added some Brave Frontier characters at a time.

I'm thinking of pulling for the Wyvern banner before it ends, even if I fall short of 20 orbs by then. I've been wanting to get Minerva and this may be my best chance. 

Just now, Levin's Scarf said:

I'm thinking of pulling for the Wyvern banner before it ends, even if I fall short of 20 orbs by then. I've been wanting to get Minerva and this may be my best chance. 

Absolutely this. I will do a wyvern pull before the gauntlet ends. I must complete my Macedonian royalty set!

25 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Basically this. Thanks for the link!

I still have my hopes, in gacha games you can expect whatever, even crossover characters. I can see them in the future, not a close one though, as they admittedly have higher priorities like the CYL special appearance, and other acclaimed titles like Tellius and Valentia.

What I'm not sure is if they can pull non-FE characters as a means of collaboration or showcase of a game, like bringing up Mario, Link or Zelda to Heroes. I'm not sure if I've seen such a case in the past, but I remember Phantom of The Kill added some Brave Frontier characters at a time.

I really doubt we'll ever get characters from games that aren't FE or FE Spinoffs.

But I can TOTALLY see them adding alternate FE characters wearing the outfits of other Nintendo characters.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I think it's the right length, but it's way too skinny.

Just now, Jave said:

I really doubt we'll ever get characters from games that aren't FE or FE Spinoffs.

But I can TOTALLY see them adding alternate FE characters wearing the outfits of other Nintendo characters.

All I want in life is Hinoka riding around on a crimson loftwing (LoZ Skyward Sword) 

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Yeah, there probably won't be any characters that are not from first-party Nintendo games. Getting licensing for a globally released game is a nightmare, and due to the shared global servers, there's no way to reasonably limit releases to individual countries.

Every time I pull Arthur I want to punch him in the face. I've gotten him so many times before. I sit there, hoping for Minerva or Hector, but nope- I get this failure of a hero who's only good for Lancebreaker. 

Just now, Levin's Scarf said:

Every time I pull Arthur I want to punch him in the face. I've gotten him so many times before. I sit there, hoping for Minerva or Hector, but nope- I get this failure of a hero who's only good for Lancebreaker. 

I actually need several Lancebreakers, so I'm down to trade :P

Yeah Chain Chronicle is actually predicted to drop when it runs by some just because it wont be able to run their crossover events

Global BF somehow manage to get Crossover with third party for god forsaken reason though

So thanks to the Gauntlet and twitter quiz rewards I got 20000 feathers earlier than I thought. I was planning to make Kagero my next 5*, but I've seen some mention of Nowi being good too (got a 4* one on my quest to pull wyverns). Now I can't decide.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, there probably won't be any characters that are not from first-party Nintendo games. Getting licensing for a globally released game is a nightmare, and due to the shared global servers, there's no way to reasonably limit releases to individual countries.

Yeah, licensing is going to be a major problem for any possible collaborations that aren't owned by Nintendo already (and depending on their in-house politics even some of the ones owned by Nintendo could be hard).

On one hand that makes me a bit sad since there have been some pretty amazing collabs for some of these gacha games I'm familiar with (Final fantasy, Dragonball, Bleach, Konosuba, Danmachi, Valkyria Chronicles, Madoka Magica, Legend of Heroes, Tales of, Street Fighter, Samurai Shodown...). On the other hand, there are so many FE characters not in Heroes yet, I don't mind if we just kept getting FE characters. That said, I would be surprised if Mario and Link didn't make their way in in some form eventually.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds more like they haven't given the idea a proper thought until it was asked. If we can have the likes of Xander with a carrot "lance" and Camilla, Chrom and Lucina with special "weapons" and a weird storyline attacked to it, #FE stuff wouldn't be too far fetched. It's a Paralogue gold mine as well as a variant gold mine if they want to implement "idol" versions of other characters (like Fanboy Xander with Glowsticks as his "Dagger" weapon") in addition to the TMS #FE cast.

Edited by Lord-Zero

UGH. Fucking Camilla again. I joined team Cordelia and she's against her now too! My hate for Camilla just went up some more. I'm tired of her and her ugly breasts being shoved in my face.

I should've paid more attention to the bracket when choosing a new team though...

Camilla will win this for sure but you can join the other armies for some easy high rank feathers. IS should stop putting the incredibly popular characters for the gauntlet. Those would always win by a landslide against other characters that aren't the super popular/meme-powered ones. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Camilla will win this for sure but you can join the other armies for some easy high rank feathers. IS should stop putting the incredibly popular characters for the gauntlet. Those would always win by a landslide against other characters that aren't the super popular/meme-powered ones.

I can't join anybody else since I already picked a team.

But I agree, IS needs to stop pitting super popular characters against the unpopular ones. It's not fun, it's predictable and boring and like a fuck you to anyone who would join the unpopular character's team.

I also feel like they're trying to shove the popular characters in our faces. Yes, they should be the most advertised, but there comes a point where it just becomes annoying and obnoxious. I wouldn't even want Ike to be the obvious popular character in a gauntlet, I'd rather he won by hard fought battles, not by meaningless curbstomping.

...however, if he got to curbstomp Camilla, Micaiah, or Lucina, I'd accept that. :P

Marth's got his Falchion, yay.

Capture_2017-04-07-08-42-22_zps5fmcldgt.

Just wish he wasn't -spd. But he'll have to do for now. I also upgraded female Robin to 4 star!

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Absolutely this. I will do a wyvern pull before the gauntlet ends. I must complete my Macedonian royalty set!

Already beat you to it! I have a 5-Star Minerva and Maria, and a 4-Star Michalis.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I can't join anybody else since I already picked a team.

But I agree, IS needs to stop pitting super popular characters against the unpopular ones. It's not fun, it's predictable and boring and like a fuck you to anyone who would join the unpopular character's team.

I also feel like they're trying to shove the popular characters in our faces. Yes, they should be the most advertised, but there comes a point where it just becomes annoying and obnoxious. I wouldn't even want Ike to be the obvious popular character in a gauntlet, I'd rather he won by hard fought battles, not by meaningless curbstomping.

...however, if he got to curbstomp Camilla, Micaiah, or Lucina, I'd accept that. :P

I think pretty much every gauntlet that had Ike would be a curbstomp, judging by his popularity. It's possible the people who are really meh or even dislike him might band together to get someone like Lucina or Lyn to win, but I doubt it, going by the cyl poll.