Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

IS plz give us Ryoma focus soon.

I'm still holding out hope that Ryoma will be on the eventual Battling Xander battle because it would be perfect for the same reasons Minerva was in the Battling Michalis banner. 

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also I never played Fates but from what I hear, birthright i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶s̶ is easier than conquest anyway.

It's actually really funny how different they are. 

Birthright is one of the easiest games in the franchise while Conquest is one of the most challenging.

As someone who's played both games, I can say that Lunatic on Birthright is easier than Hard on Conquest. That's how different they are. 

I already posted my thoughts above, so I assume you don't need that. I'd recommend giving it a shot either way though. If you only play one, I personally recommend Conquest (but I guess you can pick based on characters too...in which case I'd still go Conquest, but if you like the Hoshido characters more then more power to you). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm still holding out hope that Ryoma will be on the eventual Battling Xander battle because it would be perfect for the same reasons Minerva was in the Battling Michalis banner.

Oh that'd be awesome! Though since I already have bunny Xander, I won't be getting regular Xander. One Xander is quite enough for me.

If Ryoma is on battling Xander I will be so tempted to roll just to get +n Ryoma

which is terrible, I'm saving for Ayra, someone stop me from rolling

Also I prefer Hoshido characters (by a pretty significant margin) so it's pretty up to personal taste if you go for characters. I think the overall characterization approach to either is different, and if you're the kind of person who does it for the characters (I am, despite my tendencies to do everything on Lunatic ever) I recommend reading a couple of supports to get a feel for them. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh that'd be awesome! Though since I already have bunny Xander, I won't be getting regular Xander. One Xander is quite enough for me.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

2 Xanders is gonna be epic! And it's a grand hero battle so getting the other Xander is gonna be easy! 

I'm actually jealous that you'll get both :'(

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Bunny Xander doesn't have Distant Counter on his weapon though.

I mean I'd still at least go for the 3* version because that'll probably be easy, but I can understand not wanting to bother with the 4* version unless you really want it (and it doesn't sound like you do).

Speaking of Xander, I was contemplating whether to wait and build up Xander when he comes out in 2~3 weeks or build up my poor nature Y!Tiki.  Was leaning towards Xander since he could also work in a Horse Emblem team... until I parsed him against Hector.  By himself, literally cannot one-round a neutral, vanilla Hector without Life and Death 3, and even then he hits precise damage per hit and precise speed, meaning he'd fail against any +HP/-notDef, +Def/-notHP, or +SPD nature, or any Hector with the +1 Speed or +3 HP scroll.  Woof.  Guess Tiki may be getting the green light here...

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

2 Xanders is gonna be epic! And it's a grand hero battle so getting the other Xander is gonna be easy! 

I'm actually jealous that you'll get both :'(

I hate Xander as a character though and don't want to bother with him again. I only kept Bunny Xander because he was 5 star and is admittedly amusing. I also have a lot of red swords. Don't really NEED another right now. I just want Ryoma and Ike because they're so <3

EDIT: @GinRei I thought Xander wasn't coming until May?

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

If Ryoma is on battling Xander I will be so tempted to roll just to get +n Ryoma

which is terrible, I'm saving for Ayra, someone stop me from rolling

Also I prefer Hoshido characters (by a pretty significant margin) so it's pretty up to personal taste if you go for characters. I think the overall characterization approach to either is different, and if you're the kind of person who does it for the characters (I am, despite my tendencies to do everything on Lunatic ever) I recommend reading a couple of supports to get a feel for them. 

The way I play is to go through the game once on Hard, mostly to get a feel for the story and characters, and then play it again on Lunatic afterwards. 

I actually prefer Conquest characters by a decent margin, but I'm not going to get into an argument over that here haha. And anyways it's not like I dislike the Hoshido characters (not at all, in fact I love several of them), so I respect your tastes. 

I hate Xander as a character though and don't want to bother with him again. I only kept Bunny Xander because he was 5 star and is admittedly amusing. I also have a lot of red swords. Don't really NEED another right now. I just want Ryoma and Ike because they're so <3

EDIT: @GinRei I thought Xander wasn't coming until May?

Why Ana :(

He has distant counter though..............

And that's gonna be pretty cool. I didn't need Navarre, but I got him anyway just in case one of his skills come in handy.

I prefer Conquest's cast myself, but it definitely seems to be up to personal taste, yeah. I like the cast well enough in both games. While I won't deny the story has issues, I'm one of those that enjoyed it despite them, and I'd say Fates is definitely worth playing regardless.

Back on the topic of Heroes, I really want Claire, even though I haven't played Echoes or Gaiden... I don't know why. Apart from the pegasus knight thing. It's going to be tough holding on to my orbs until the Battling Zephiel banner, and harder if I have to decide between the two.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I'm pretty sure it won't be May 1st, more like May 8th, which is about four weeks.

Not sure why this is important, and wasn't even close to the point of my post.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The way I play is to go through the game once on Hard, mostly to get a feel for the story and characters, and then play it again on Lunatic afterwards. 

I heard BR Lunatic was easy, so I did that and it was indeed easy. I originally planned to do CQ on Hard first, but changed my mind after everyone suffering over chapter 10 (my thought process was literally: "hey if I do it on Lunatic I don't have to go through it again right"). So after making Conquest Lunatic my first CQ run, Revelation Lunatic is cake. Actually Rev is easier than BR IMO. Just weirder and more annoying. 

My usual approach is Hard then Lunatic, yeah, like I did that for New Mystery and Awakening. It may be also that BR already got me accustomed to the new mechanics so I felt comfortable enough doing CQ on Luna straight up.

annnyway @GHB topic

Technically I don't /need/ any reds besides Ryoma either, but hey, free units. I think Distant Counter built into Siegfried could be helpful to you in many cases, but if you don't like him and Siegfried does require 5*ing him so that's quite a lot of investment for a character you're very much not fond of. 

I just have a soft spot for Navarre (and by that I mean I bought his signed SR cipher card for money that could go towards 2 rolls lmao, now it's a lot cheaper) and I like Xander. Zephiel can probably be useful in future armor team quest endeavors, though. Lloyd is also cool but

Camus when

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

I prefer Conquest's cast myself, but it definitely seems to be up to personal taste, yeah. I like the cast well enough in both games. While I won't deny the story has issues, I'm one of those that enjoyed it despite them, and I'd say Fates is definitely worth playing regardless.

Back on the topic of Heroes, I really want Claire, even though I haven't played Echoes or Gaiden... I don't know why. Apart from the pegasus knight thing. It's going to be tough holding on to my orbs until the Battling Zephiel banner, and harder if I have to decide between the two.

I mean Clair does have a pretty nice character design (though I much prefer her Echoes art to her Heroes one). Also pegasus knights are great in general.

I'm going to be pulling for Alm because I need a Falchion unit, but after that I'm planning to save my orbs for Celica's banner.

I was originally quite keen on Faye because I'm a fan of her character design, personally, but certain spoilers have changed my mind about her, unfortunately.

EDIT: Also @Thor Odinson I need that Lloyd for my eventual Black Fangs dream team (already got Jaffar and Ursula) (Nino counts too if Linus never shows up). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why Ana :(

He has distant counter though..............

And that's gonna be pretty cool. I didn't need Navarre, but I got him anyway just in case one of his skills come in handy.

Why do I hate him? He came off as the most unrealistic and blind idiot ever. Like, how can a person in real life be as blind as he was to his father's actions? And then HE KILLS HIS OWN SISTER WHO SACRIFICED HERSELF TO STOP HIM. I know it wasn't on purpose, but he doesn't stop! He still tries to fight Corrin! All Xander really was in Birthright was pissy that Corrin chose Hoshido. That's why I dislike him so much.

If that Distant Counter was the actual skill instead of built into his weapon, I'd get him so I could dump the skill on Freddy, but this isn't the case. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Why do I hate him? He came off as the most unrealistic and blind idiot ever. Like, how can a person in real life be as blind as he was to his father's actions? And then HE KILLS HIS OWN SISTER WHO SACRIFICED HERSELF TO STOP HIM. I know it wasn't on purpose, but he doesn't stop! He still tries to fight Corrin! That's why I dislike him so much.

If that Distant Counter was the actual skill instead of built into his weapon, I'd get him so I could dump the skill on Freddy, but this isn't the case. xP

Don't spoil the game for someone who hasn't played it yet and is thinking about it, please. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Don't spoil the game for someone who hasn't played it yet and is thinking about it, please. 

Aren't these spoilers widely known by now though? It's like Lucina being "Marth" at this point, I figured.

Why do I hate him? He came off as the most unrealistic and blind idiot ever. Like, how can a person in real life be as blind as he was to his father's actions? And then HE KILLS HIS OWN SISTER WHO SACRIFICED HERSELF TO STOP HIM. I know it wasn't on purpose, but he doesn't stop! He still tries to fight Corrin! That's why I dislike him so much.

Well thanks for spoiling the game for me!

Spoiler

Excuse me as I go jump off a cliff............ again

I'll leave you to your reasons I guess 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I was originally quite keen on Faye because I'm a fan of her character design, personally, but certain spoilers have changed my mind about her, unfortunately.

If you can't do it for her personality, do it for the thigh shot ;)

Spoiler

It is Faye who has the famous thigh shot or is that someone else?

Aren't these spoilers widely known by now though? It's like Lucina being "Marth" at this point, I figured.

A little less so than the Lucina spoiler, I think.

In any case, you could be right, but I don't want to take any chances if I'm unsure. I've had a lot of things ruined for me before because someone casually spoiled something, so I try to make sure to not do the same to others. 

EDIT: @Arcanite Fam if you just looked at their damaged artwork you wouldn't even have to ask.

Spoiler

Yes, it's Faye.

Spoiler

Holy shit dem thighs tho

Spoiler

I'm tempted to pull just for those alone.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, unique said:

the game's been out for over a year, I think it's fair to spoil things about it at this point

Well gee, sorry, I figured practically everyone knew it by now since as unique said, the game's been out over a year. >_>

I'm just trying to look out for @Arcanite :/

I don't really feel like getting into a conversation about when it is or isn't okay to spoil things.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: Also @Thor Odinson I need that Lloyd for my eventual Black Fangs dream team (already got Jaffar and Ursula) (Nino counts too if Linus never shows up). 

Oooh, that sounds like a cool themed team. I got Jaffar too--I should give him an alt build for when he functions on his own, also---I customized him to buff Nino when he was a bonus unit, haha.

And yeah, it's a shame about Faye. I want to like her, but I just can't. It's the same with Cordelia---cool design, but really not fond of the character approach. 

Claire's definitely my favorite of the bunch (agreed on Echoes art being superior), but idk if I want to pull just for her. I also have too many blue fodder right now from trying for bunnyLucina, so I'll probably hold off on her for now and just hope I roll her in the future. Gotta save orbs now for whenever Ayra shows up because I will be very sad if I can't get her on my main account

but what if you're not into girl thigh