Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I mean...Odin reclassed to Samurai was actually pretty good in Conquest. I just don't get why they thought giving him balanced growths was a good idea.

Ah, I was mostly talking about Heroes, where I can't really think of much to save him.  His Attack is pathetic, his defenses are okay at best, the only real redeeming thing is his speed... I can't seem to find a good role for him.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't know why they thought turning him into a dark mage was a good idea.

TBF, he actually was better as a mage in FE13 most of the time, since his mom's stats heavily lean magical.  Certain fathers could make him better as a physical unit, but for the most part he was pretty magic leaning iirc.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Ah, I was mostly talking about Heroes, where I can't really think of much to save him.  His Attack is pathetic, his defenses are okay at best, the only real redeeming thing is his speed... I can't seem to find a good role for him.

TBF, he actually was better as a mage in FE13 most of the time, since his mom's stats heavily lean magical.  Certain fathers could make him better as a physical unit, but for the most part he was pretty magic leaning iirc.

Mine is a Frederick!Owain reclassed to Dread Fighter. Gets the best of both worlds, but his speed...

In Heroes, Odin actually has some great bulk due to a combination of his color, his defenses, and his speed. B Tomebreaker isn't even a real issue since you have to sack a GHB-exclusive to get it on someone, so it's not at all common to begin with. His offenses are pretty poor even with his Blade tome and Defiant Atk, though.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

A 3* dancer already has one of the best possible skills: one that lets one of your 5* combat units do about twice as much as they'd be able to otherwise by doubling their player phase damage, their mobility, or both. I personally tend to use 5*s over dancers, but it's way closer than you think.

Dancers will not get hit "no matter what". They get hit when you make mistakes and don't keep them out of areas the enemies can reach. It's absolutely possible for a dancer to do their job without getting hit, even by ranged enemies. That's just something you haven't learned how to do yet. Personally, I haven't spent any real time using dancers in the arena, but I used Priscilla as my bonus unit for two weeks and she was able to do plenty of healing while almost always avoiding getting hit.

I've tried anything I can do to keep dancers from getting hit and I just cannot do that. I'm sorry.

Also, sorry for the late response, for some reason I was unable to post for awhile. Couldn't even send PMs because text boxes weren't working or showing up. I've also been having some other more minor issues with the forum, so I need to make a thread on this. But anyway.

I don't have a dancer I'm willing to use right now, so I can't "learn" to keep them alive just yet.

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That sounds...wrong.

Really? I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You feed him to Ursula because Hone Cavalry and fortify Cavalry + Blade tome is bangers

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I wish Odin wasn't so bad.

He's my favorite 3DS character and his stat spread sucks.  Sad times >~>.

I hope he's better as Owain.

I'm lucky in that my favorite 3DS character (Lon'qu, but that's obvious) has a great stat spread, and the 4* Lon'qu I'm training up has a good nature (+Spd, -Res). I'm currently working toward a powerful Lon'qu loadout using my Shanna and Hinata fodder (Desperation 3 and Fury 3 strats for the win).

But my second favorite 3DS character is Henry. I tried to use him. Really did. But...eugh. Just not quite good enough to invest serious time into.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Again, that's a waste of 2,200 feathers. No thanks.

Azura is generally agreed to be better because she has combat ability as well as dancing. Her higher res would also be useful to me because I have a lot of low res characters, and a lot of -res characters too.

Olivia, far better than Frederick? lol right. She might be better than a vanilla Frederick sometimes, but not mine, not when I've 5 starred him and stacked him with all sorts of nice skills.

My Frederick is NOT redundant at all. He's my Effie and Hector killer and my only one at that. Nobody else counters them as well as he does. Klein will not kill Hector, I've been told this before. Marth doesn't have enough attack to kill him in one round either.

Practice won't make me better at arithmetic. It's always been a weakness of mine no matter what. I couldn't pass a basic college math class. Literally. I didn't pass it. I actually failed. Though in my defense, the fact that all the work was online even though I was going to a classroom was causing me some issues too (it was confusing and it led to a couple missed homework assignments). And besides that, there are some things that some people are just not good at. Art isn't for everyone, science isn't for everyone, math isn't for everyone, and so on.

This game has no RNG in combat, so I'll show you the math. I think you said that your Frederick was +DEF/-Spd, so I'll use that, but I'll use neutral everywhere else I can. Frederick has 47 Atk with the hammer. He one shots Effie because green and effectiveness (a 1.2 * 1.5 = 1.8 multiplier in Atk), so I'll give him that. But against Hector? Neutral Hector has 52 HP and 37 Def. Frederick has 47 + 47*0.5 (rounded down) = 70 Atk. Even with Hone Atk 3 AND Spur Atk 3, he has 55 Atk + 55*0.5 = 82 Atk. Hector has a combined 89 HP and Def (even if he's -HP or - Def, it still misses.) Without a Luna proc, Hector can't be one-shot. You might be thinking, well, Frederick does a lot of combat before facing Hector, so he can charge up a Luna proc beforehand. True. But because armors have only 1 move, they are often the last units you face. So, you can use the rest of your team against the armor. Now, let's look at how Marth stacks up against Hector. Marth has 47 Atk. Against Hector that is 47 + 47*0.2 (rounded down) = 56. But, he doubles Hector, so that is (56 - 37) * 2 = 19 * 2 = 38 damage. Now, you can't one-round him, true. But you can then finish him off on your turn. You will have to hit him two more times because of Pavise, but Marth doubles. In addition, if you have an Atk boost, Marth can kill him on the third hit without worrying about Pavise (assuming Hone Attack 3 or Rally Attack, that's 51 + 51*0.2 = 61 attack, which deals (61-37) * 2 = 48 damage. As you can see, Marth actually does the same amount of damage against Hector. 

Defensively, Hector does 52-39 = 13 damage to Frederick and 52 - 52*0.2 (rounded down) - 29 = 42-29 = 13 damage to Marth. If Marth is low on HP, he can always run away from Hector until the Falchion heals him enough.

Now, just in case you have Axebreaker. That's true that Frederick can one-round Hector. But you could easily give Marth something like Atk +2 (or Triangle Adept), which will give Marth enough Atk to one-round Hector with Hone Atk 3 (47 + 2 (from Atk +2) + 4 from Hone Atk 3 = 53, 53*1.2 = 63 (rounded down), 63-37 = 26, 26 * 2 = 52.) Or give Marth a proc skill (anything low charge and adds damage.) Even if you don't have these things for Marth, the enemy Hector will be low on HP. Your Klein can just snipe him down at this point (without Hone Attack 3, he still has 44 Attack on player phase, so that is (44-37)*2 = 7 * 2 = 14, combined with the 38 damage Marth does, that's enough to kill Frederick.)

For Effie, it's a little trickier because of Wary Fighter. But if you have a dancer, you can easily use a ranged unit to attack Effie, dance that unit away, then repeat until Effie dies. Standard Effie has 33 Def and 50 HP. Your Klein has 38 Atk at max, and comes with Death Blow 3. With a Hone Attack 3, that reaches 42+6 attack on player phase. 48-33 = 1515*2 = 30. Dance Klein with Olivia, and have him attack again. You just killed Effie.

You clearly like Frederick, so you can do what you like. But you keep on talking about how you have trouble in the Arena. You're inexperienced, but there's an easy way to improve your team. You keep talking about you think this unit sucks or whatnot. But people with far more experience than you have used these units and done well. The math doesn't lie. Please stop shrugging off people's suggestions by saying that the unit sucks or whatnot. Going off people's posts, you just haven't learned how to use these strategies. Sometimes, sticking to what you've done before won't help, and you need to change things up to improve.

If nothing else, please add a Rally Attack or Hone Attack 3 to your team. The extra damage is huge. 

6 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

This game has no RNG in combat, so I'll show you the math. I think you said that your Frederick was +DEF/-Spd, so I'll use that, but I'll use neutral everywhere else I can. Frederick has 47 Atk with the hammer. He one shots Effie because green and effectiveness (a 1.2 * 1.5 = 1.8 multiplier in Atk), so I'll give him that. But against Hector? Neutral Hector has 52 HP and 37 Def. Frederick has 47 + 47*0.5 (rounded down) = 70 Atk. Even with Hone Atk 3 AND Spur Atk 3, he has 55 Atk + 55*0.5 = 82 Atk. Hector has a combined 89 HP and Def (even if he's -HP or - Def, it still misses.) Without a Luna proc, Hector can't be one-shot. You might be thinking, well, Frederick does a lot of combat before facing Hector, so he can charge up a Luna proc beforehand. True. But because armors have only 1 move, they are often the last units you face. So, you can use the rest of your team against the armor. Now, let's look at how Marth stacks up against Hector. Marth has 47 Atk. Against Hector that is 47 + 47*0.2 (rounded down) = 56. But, he doubles Hector, so that is (56 - 37) * 2 = 19 * 2 = 38 damage. Now, you can't one-round him, true. But you can then finish him off on your turn. You will have to hit him two more times because of Pavise, but Marth doubles. In addition, if you have an Atk boost, Marth can kill him on the third hit without worrying about Pavise (assuming Hone Attack 3 or Rally Attack, that's 51 + 51*0.2 = 61 attack, which deals (61-37) * 2 = 48 damage. As you can see, Marth actually does the same amount of damage against Hector. 

Defensively, Hector does 52-39 = 13 damage to Frederick and 52 - 52*0.2 (rounded down) - 29 = 42-29 = 13 damage to Marth. If Marth is low on HP, he can always run away from Hector until the Falchion heals him enough.

Now, just in case you have Axebreaker. That's true that Frederick can one-round Hector. But you could easily give Marth something like Atk +2 (or Triangle Adept), which will give Marth enough Atk to one-round Hector with Hone Atk 3 (47 + 2 (from Atk +2) + 4 from Hone Atk 3 = 53, 53*1.2 = 63 (rounded down), 63-37 = 26, 26 * 2 = 52.) Or give Marth a proc skill (anything low charge and adds damage.) Even if you don't have these things for Marth, the enemy Hector will be low on HP. Your Klein can just snipe him down at this point (without Hone Attack 3, he still has 44 Attack on player phase, so that is (44-37)*2 = 7 * 2 = 14, combined with the 38 damage Marth does, that's enough to kill Frederick.)

For Effie, it's a little trickier because of Wary Fighter. But if you have a dancer, you can easily use a ranged unit to attack Effie, dance that unit away, then repeat until Effie dies. Standard Effie has 33 Def and 50 HP. Your Klein has 38 Atk at max, and comes with Death Blow 3. With a Hone Attack 3, that reaches 42+6 attack on player phase. 48-33 = 1515*2 = 30. Dance Klein with Olivia, and have him attack again. You just killed Effie.

You clearly like Frederick, so you can do what you like. But you keep on talking about how you have trouble in the Arena. You're inexperienced, but there's an easy way to improve your team. You keep talking about you think this unit sucks or whatnot. But people with far more experience than you have used these units and done well. The math doesn't lie. Please stop shrugging off people's suggestions by saying that the unit sucks or whatnot. Going off people's posts, you just haven't learned how to use these strategies. Sometimes, sticking to what you've done before won't help, and you need to change things up to improve.

If nothing else, please add a Rally Attack or Hone Attack 3 to your team. The extra damage is huge. 

I don't plan to use Marth forever though. He's just my go-to sword until I can get Ike or Ryoma or both. Frederick will remain a team staple, because yes, I like him a lot and he's one of my fav FE characters. I LOVE his character and design, so I can't just ignore him. And of course, my Robin married him in Awakening too. <3

I'm using Sharena as my Rally Attack unit, but she can't take care of swords and Takumi the way male Robin does. Male Robin also boosts Freddy's def further. However, I'm pretty sure I can give Klein Hone Attack or something in the future if I can pull a unit that naturally has it.

I don't mean to shrug off people's suggestions or anything. I want to use them, but sometimes I simply can't. It's not that I don't appreciate their trying to help.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

This is honestly the only part in this entire post that matters.

@Anacybele, don't ask for suggestions in General if you're going to shoot down whatever we offer that sounds disagreeable to you, whether it's Fury and Life and Death vs Darting Blow or Olivia in general. There are plenty of people here who are ever-ready to offer advice and suggestions, if you're willing to listen. Just because something hasn't worked for you does not mean it doesn't work at all. It's painfully clear at this point that multiple people are in agreement about something that you've constantly objected to--that thing being using Olivia--to no avail.

Believe it or not, you'll actually score higher in arena if you use Olivia and pull off a deathless run, using Klein as your carry unit, rather than using the team you have now which averages ~1-2 deaths per game; each death over your entire 7-game run costs you roughly ~50 points, which is enough to keep you out of 4k in your BST range. If you're looking to improve not just your score but your general game-sense, mastering your use of Olivia is a great start.

On that note, Rally Attack, in my opinion, is less efficient than Hone Atk, since Sharena has to use her turn to provide a buff that is so universally useful that applying it to multiple teammates at the start of the turn is preferred. If you really are so against using Olivia at this point, just take Hone Atk 3. End of story.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Alright, I pulled a 5* Caeda a while ago, but she seems so lackluster. I think she's vanilla, idk if I've fed her anybody yet. Any suggestions on what she might like for Weapons or Skills? She is currently competing with Karel and M!Corrin for 5* Sword units on my team, so if she is just inferior to them (which so far she is), then I won't be too heartbroken to bench her.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't plan to use Marth forever though. He's just my go-to sword until I can get Ike or Ryoma or both. Frederick will remain a team staple, because yes, I like him a lot and he's one of my fav FE characters. I LOVE his character and design, so I can't just ignore him. And of course, my Robin married him in Awakening too. <3

I'm using Sharena as my Rally Attack unit, but she can't take care of swords and Takumi the way male Robin does. Male Robin also boosts Freddy's def further. However, I'm pretty sure I can give Klein Hone Attack or something in the future if I can pull a unit that naturally has it.

I don't mean to shrug off people's suggestions or anything. I want to use them, but sometimes I simply can't. It's not that I don't appreciate their trying to help.

If you really want to use Frederick, then you can sub out Robin for a dancer. Hear me out. Here are the common-ish red swords (and Takumi) that you will face in the Arena and their defensive stats.

Lucina: 43 HP/36 Spd/25 Def/19 Res

Marth: 41 HP/34 Spd/29 DEF/23 Res

Ryoma: 41 HP/35 Spd/27 Def/21 Res

Eldigan: 45 HP/24 Spd/34 Def/19 Res

Lyn: 37 HP/37 Spd/26 Def/29 Res

Roy: 44 HP/31 Spd/25 Def/28 Res

Seliph: 52 HP/24 Spd/30 Def/22 Res

Eirika: 42 HP/35 Spd/26 Def/28 Res

Takumi: 40 HP/33 Spd/25 Def/18 Res

Klein has 38 Atk, with Death Blow giving 6 more attack if he initiates. Have Hone Atk 3 or Rally Attack on Klein (you can easily make another Rally Attack unit by promoting that 2* Raigh to 3* and giving it to someone, maybe Frederick? Hana also has Rally Attack.) Give Klein the Attack +1 seal too. That's 38 + 1 + 4 + 6 = 49 Attack hitting twice because of the brave effect. Two hits will immediately take out all of the above listed units without fail, except for Eldigan, Seliph, and Marth (and you can use a dancer to hit again.) I don't think your Robin was 5* star either. You can also give Klein Swordbreaker, which will let him hit all these sword units four times (Quick Riposte isn't super awesome on Klein because you really don't want him to get attacked.) The only unit that doesn't kill is Eldigan (because of Fury, but you have a dancer.) Give Klein the Spd+1 seal instead if you want him to avoid getting doubled by neutral speed Takumi (don't start within 2 spaces of him because of Threaten Speed.) Also, with Swordbreaker, Klein won't get doubled by any of the sword units and thus can take ONE hit from them.

And no, it's not that you simply can't. This game isn't very complicated. A bunch of people have learned how to use a dancer. You can too.

Just now, Wayward Alchemist said:

Alright, I pulled a 5* Caeda a while ago, but she seems so lackluster. I think she's vanilla, idk if I've fed her anybody yet. Any suggestions on what she might like for Weapons or Skills? She is currently competing with Karel and M!Corrin for Sword units on my team, so if she is just inferior to them (which so far she is), then I won't be too heartbroken.

In short yeah she's inferior lol

1 minute ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Alright, I pulled a 5* Caeda a while ago, but she seems so lackluster. I think she's vanilla, idk if I've fed her anybody yet. Any suggestions on what she might like for Weapons or Skills? She is currently competing with Karel and M!Corrin for Sword units on my team, so if she is just inferior to them (which so far she is), then I won't be too heartbroken.

I'm personally not a fan of using Caeda. I just pulled her recently and began training her in the tower. Her main issue is her lack of atk (made worse since mine is -atk). However, I think she might do well on a team of fliers. She is the only unit with fortify fliers. Outside of a flier team....yeah she's not much use.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

In short yeah she's inferior lol

Just now, Kiran said:

I'm personally not a fan of using Caeda. I just pulled her recently and began training her in the tower. Her main issue is her lack of atk (made worse since mine is -atk). However, I think she might do well on a team of fliers. She is the only unit with fortify fliers. Outside of a flier team....yeah she's not much use.

Ah, well. Karel is a freakin monster and while I haven't given Corrin any Skills yet, he seems promising, too. My only complaint for Karel is that I wish I could have him survive longer on low health, as he gets there quick and likes being there for the sick Wo Dao + Reprisal + Desperation mayhem, but nothing could really make him survive the Mages.

9 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

If you really want to use Frederick, then you can sub out Robin for a dancer. Hear me out. Here are the common-ish red swords (and Takumi) that you will face in the Arena and their defensive stats.

Lucina: 43 HP/36 Spd/25 Def/19 Res

Marth: 41 HP/34 Spd/29 DEF/23 Res

Ryoma: 41 HP/35 Spd/27 Def/21 Res

Eldigan: 45 HP/24 Spd/34 Def/19 Res

Lyn: 37 HP/37 Spd/26 Def/29 Res

Roy: 44 HP/31 Spd/25 Def/28 Res

Seliph: 52 HP/24 Spd/30 Def/22 Res

Eirika: 42 HP/35 Spd/26 Def/28 Res

Takumi: 40 HP/33 Spd/25 Def/18 Res

Klein has 38 Atk, with Death Blow giving 6 more attack if he initiates. Have Hone Atk 3 or Rally Attack on Klein (you can easily make another Rally Attack unit by promoting that 2* Raigh to 3* and giving it to someone, maybe Frederick? Hana also has Rally Attack.) Give Klein the Attack +1 seal too. That's 38 + 1 + 4 + 6 = 49 Attack hitting twice because of the brave effect. Two hits will immediately take out all of the above listed units without fail, except for Eldigan, Seliph, and Marth (and you can use a dancer to hit again.) I don't think your Robin was 5* star either. You can also give Klein Swordbreaker, which will let him hit all these sword units four times (Quick Riposte isn't super awesome on Klein because you really don't want him to get attacked.) The only unit that doesn't kill is Eldigan (because of Fury, but you have a dancer.) Give Klein the Spd+1 seal instead if you want him to avoid getting doubled by neutral speed Takumi (don't start within 2 spaces of him because of Threaten Speed.) Also, with Swordbreaker, Klein won't get doubled by any of the sword units and thus can take ONE hit from them.

And no, it's not that you simply can't. This game isn't very complicated. A bunch of people have learned how to use a dancer. You can too.

I already gave Frederick Attack+1.

I like male Robin and how he counters both colorless/Takumi and red units, swords especially because I gave him Swordbreaker. Male Robin is my next planned 5 star upgrade.

I don't have a spare Swordbreaker unit for Klein to inherit from. And even if I did, he'd lose Death Blow which is nice.

Technically, I really can't because I don't have a dancer I can use right now. Like I said, If I do get one I'm willing to use, I'll take the unit.

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This is honestly the only part in this entire post that matters.

@Anacybele, don't ask for suggestions in General if you're going to shoot down whatever we offer that sounds disagreeable to you, whether it's Fury and Life and Death vs Darting Blow or Olivia in general. There are plenty of people here who are ever-ready to offer advice and suggestions, if you're willing to listen. Just because something hasn't worked for you does not mean it doesn't work at all.

If it's not working for me regardless of what I do, what else am I supposed to do? And like I said, it's not that I don't want to take people's suggestions, it's that they haven't worked for me even when I do try to use them. Never have I ever just not wanted to listen period. I swear.

Also, I do use Olivia in the tower to help level up units, so I'm not going to get rid of her. Not unless I get a better dancer, anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have a spare Swordbreaker unit for Klein to inherit from. And even if I did, he'd lose Death Blow with is nice.

Swordbreaker is in the B slot. Death Blow is in the A slot.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If it's not working for me regardless of what I do, what else am I supposed to do?

That just means you haven't tried everything yet. You can't learn if you don't try, so just keep trying. Get back up on your feet and keep at it.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already gave Frederick Attack+1.

I like male Robin and how he counters both colorless/Takumi and red units, swords especially because I gave him Swordbreaker. Male Robin is my next planned 5 star upgrade.

I don't have a spare Swordbreaker unit for Klein to inherit from. And even if I did, he'd lose Death Blow which is nice.

Technically, I really can't because I don't have a dancer I can use right now. Like I said, If I do get one I'm willing to use, I'll take the unit.

If it's not working for me regardless of what I do, what else am I supposed to do? And like I said, it's not that I don't want to take people's suggestions, it's that they haven't worked for me even when I do try to use them. Never have I ever just not wanted to listen period. I swear.

Also, I do use Olivia in the tower to help level up units, so I'm not going to get rid of her. Not unless I get a better dancer, anyway.

The Attack +1 seal can be moved around freely. Klein makes far better use of it. Frederick's match ups don't change because of Attack +1 (granted, Klein's don't really either, so you can give him Speed +1). And Swordbreaker is a B skill. Death Blow is A. They don't interfere with each other (how do you not know this?). Klein is also FAR better offensively than M-robin. The damage numbers don't lie. He can offensively delete mages, swords, and bows before they can retaliate. 

And finally, no, Olivia is not working for you because you are currently bad at using her. Ask yourself, why can other people use Olivia fine but you can't? They're better than you at using her because they've practiced more. Use Olivia, basic arithmetic, and the danger area indicator, and you will become much better at this game. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swordbreaker is in the B slot. Death Blow is in the A slot.

That just means you haven't tried everything yet. You can't learn if you don't try, so just keep trying. Get back up on your feet and keep at it.

Oh, I could've sworn it was an A skill. My bad.

And I enjoy Heroes a lot, so I'm going to keep trying, of course. And we haven't even gotten to Tellius banners yet! I need my Tellius characters too. :P

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I could've sworn it was an A skill. My bad.

And I enjoy Heroes a lot, so I'm going to keep trying, of course. And we haven't even gotten to Tellius banners yet! I need my Tellius characters too. :P

Sorry, my last post was a little more barbed than I wanted. Anyway, Klein and Olivia pair up really well because Olivia boosts Klein's Attack, while Klein, with his brave bow, can instantly kill a lot of threatening units. Klein can easily kill two units a turn, with Olivia, which is a huge part of making her safe.

44 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm lucky in that my favorite 3DS character (Lon'qu, but that's obvious) has a great stat spread, and the 4* Lon'qu I'm training up has a good nature (+Spd, -Res). I'm currently working toward a powerful Lon'qu loadout using my Shanna and Hinata fodder (Desperation 3 and Fury 3 strats for the win).

But my second favorite 3DS character is Henry. I tried to use him. Really did. But...eugh. Just not quite good enough to invest serious time into.

I can say the same about my attempts to use Odin, I tried but his attack was so terrible he had trouble damaging things even with Blarblade boosts.

I'm glad that the two characters higher on my preference lists than Odin are decent (Roy) and extremely good (Eirika), though sadly I only have the former.  Still waiting on the Princess of Renais...

12 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

The Attack +1 seal can be moved around freely. Klein makes far better use of it. Frederick's match ups don't change because of Attack +1 (granted, Klein's don't really either, so you can give him Speed +1). And Swordbreaker is a B skill. Death Blow is A. They don't interfere with each other (how do you not know this?). Klein is also FAR better offensively than M-robin. The damage numbers don't lie. He can offensively delete mages, swords, and bows before they can retaliate. 

And finally, no, Olivia is not working for you because you are currently bad at using her. Ask yourself, why can other people use Olivia fine but you can't? They're better than you at using her because they've practiced more. Use Olivia, basic arithmetic, and the danger area indicator, and you will become much better at this game. 

I know it can, but I'd like to keep it on Frederick. I'm making him as strong and defensive as possible since that's his thing. If I can make him basically immune to physical attacks, all I need to do is stick some mage counters, a red unit killer, and maybe a good dancer with him. If female Robin wasn't also green, I'd totally use her with him more since she eats up cavalry mages which are Freddy's worst nightmare since they have as much movement as he does with more attack range. But they're both green, so I've been looking for something else. Hopefully a different color tome or something that's good against cavs shows up later.

If I'm so bad at using Olivia, how come I can use her just fine to train units in the tower? She is just not as ideal for me in the arena, that's all.

8 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Sorry, my last post was a little more barbed than I wanted. Anyway, Klein and Olivia pair up really well because Olivia boosts Klein's Attack, while Klein, with his brave bow, can instantly kill a lot of threatening units. Klein can easily kill two units a turn, with Olivia, which is a huge part of making her safe.

Don't worry, I replied the same time as you, so I wasn't ignoring you or anything, just avoiding double posting.

I would still rather use Azura because I like her more as a character. I don't dislike Olivia or anything (even though she's not great as a unit in Heroes to me), I just like Azura more. So hopefully I pull her, or when we get the herons from Tellius, I hope to get one of them. Particularly if it's Reyson or Leanne (I wasn't as big on Rafiel).

Edited by Anacybele

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know it can, but I'd like to keep it on Frederick. I'm making him as strong and defensive as possible since that's his thing. If I can make him basically immune to physical attacks, all I need to do is stick some mage counters, a red unit killer, and maybe a good dancer with him. If female Robin wasn't also green, I'd totally use her with him more since she eats up cavalry mages which are Freddy's worst nightmare since they have as much movement as he does with more attack range. But they're both green, so I've been looking for something else. Hopefully a different color tome or something that's good against cavs shows up later.

If I'm so bad at using Olivia, how come I can use her just fine to train units in the tower? She is just not as ideal for me in the arena, that's all.

Don't worry, I replied the same time as you, so I wasn't ignoring you or anything, just avoiding double posting.

I would still rather use Azura because I like her more as a character. I don't dislike Olivia or anything (even though she's not great as a unit in Heroes to me), I just like Azura more. So hopefully I pull her, or when we get the herons from Tellius, I hope to get one of them. Particularly if it's Reyson or Leanne (I wasn't as big on Rafiel).

Azura is a really rare pull. If nothing else, how about this? Azura and Olivia function 90% the same. Practice some more with Olivia in the arena. Get used to doing some quick calculations or checking ranges and skills. That way, when you get your Azura, you'll know how to use her to the fullest (because using her as a combat unit, even against red swords, is still not ideal.)

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Other units that are cavalry mage counters are Raigh (red), who everyone got a free version of at the beginning of the game, and Ursula (blue), for whom there was a GHB a while back (I can't recall if you beat it or not though). 

If you don't want to use F!Robin because she's green then those two units are good options. 

That said, I'm seeing more blue units than red on defense teams these days, so double green may not be as bad as it once was. Also, you mostly want her there for other cavalry mages, and the most threatening cavalry mages are either blue or green, so green might actually be the ideal color for an anti-cavalry mage. She also comes with B Tomebreaker naturally, so she's a good counter to non-cavalry blue mages too. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Incidentally, I do have Azura myself. When I first started using her, I didn't see why people were all about her. She didn't seem to do much for me, she didn't seem particularly strong compared to some of my other lancers and I stopped using her for a long time. 

Then I gave her another shot. And somehow, she suddenly just clicked and I began to find I was doing a heck of a lot better in the arena with her ^.^ 

Now, I'm getting Olivia trained up, since it'd be nice to have a reddie dancer just in case I ever want to change my team around ^.^ 

So yes, it is likely that you don't know how to use her, like I didn't know how to use Azura. Olivia is a good unit, and I know I despise coming across her in the arena far more than Azura. I always underestimate Olivia, which is annoying. One of these days I won't ^.^''