Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Looking at Maria's skill set, Miracle is listed before Imbue, while normally, skills a character learns first are listed before the ones they learn later. I'm not sure why Miracle is the exception to this pattern, but with that in mind, it's understandable how in listing characters' "final" skills for each slot would result in Imbue being listed in place of Miracle despite it working out for other skill sets. To my knowledge, Miracle is the only skill with this discrepancy, and so far, every healer learns both Imbue and an alternative "upgraded" special. So I'd say this works out to indicating that Mist really does learn Miracle.

It's because Miracle and Imbue are different skill trees and Miracle's skill tree sorts before Imbue's. All of the Balm skills are part of the Imbue skill tree and therefore are listed after Imbue.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think vengeance will work a little better:

90 * .3 = 27 for reprisal but

90 * .3 = 45 for vengeance

And all you'd need to do is attack the turn before, get doubled (take 90 damage), and unleash the death!

Reprisal allows the Close\Distant counter QR killer weapon build, though. A special proc on every hit!

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

New player here. F2P for now. I've played FE6/7/8/9/10. 7 and 10 remain my favorites. Haven't played the older games but I know some info about them and the characters to an extent. I know little to nothing about Awakening/Fates though. I've been playing this game for... 3-4 days maybe? It's rather addictive to be honest. Haven't got anyone to 40 yet but I've been blessed with 4 5* stars so far. 

5* Young Tiki, Frederick, Faye, Lukas.

4* Kagero, Chrom, Palla, Gunter, Jeorge, Virion, Henry, Robin(M), Odin, Abel, Hana, Jagen, Arthur, Wrys, Beruka, Maria, Oboro, Draug, Sully

3* Matthew, Gaius, Serra, Lissa, Catria, Est, Stahl, Subaki, Niles, Shareena, Lon Qu, Cecila, Azama, Nino, Setsuna, Eliwood, Palla, Niles, Zephiel, Sophia, Fir

2* Alfonse, Virion, Raigh, Subaki, Gunter, Felicia

1* Gunter, Felicia

First team was led by 4* Chrom and Kagero both of whom I was lucky enough to get as my very first pool. Chrom/Kagero/Arthur/Jagen were my first main team. They carried me into the 20s and then started falling apart. My current main team is Frederick/Kagero/Y.Tiki with alternations for the 4th between 3* Subaki and 4* Chrom.

4* Chrom and Hana are the best I have for swordies. Don't have any exceptional lancers yet either and this whole inheriting thing makes me scared to spend SP on my main units. (Though I still have to a degree.). Also not sure who I'm going to keep in the long run besides Kagero and I don't know if I should sacrifice 4*s for their skills on characters that might not be my endgame (Like Frederick who is currently sitting on 350 SP). I don't fully understand the IV thing yet and I'm not entirely sure how the + and - bases work. But I'm pretty sure I have a +ATK Kagero and Nino. While I really want to get Matthew from 2* to 5* since playing this game Kagero remains my highest leveled unit and I want to 5* her but I don't know if I should save for her or upgrade some 3*s to inherit skills to her or Frederick (or should I hold out for Hector or level up Gunter?)

Characters I've been giving extra leveling attention to and ultimately want to 4* and 5* star are Kagero, Catria, Nino and Matthew. Chrom seems like an obvious choice but he's been really underwhelming to me and I kind of want to hold out for a better sword unit because at 4* neither him or Hana are particularly special. Palla has been doing really well for me and she's 4* but I don't know how worth it she is in the long term and I'm sure one of my units could really use that MoonBow.

The #1 character I want in this game is Lyn. She and Hector are my respective 2 that I want the most regardless of tiers. 

My dream team for this game is currently 5* Lyn/Hector/Matthew/Nino. Ike is probably the only character that could stand in for Lyn, but he's not around just yet.

Biggest things for me right now are...

1. currently I don't have a "Main" lance user. Subaki's lance and absurd def comes in handy but almost half the time he can't even damage his target on the higher levels. Catria seems like she's a beast but she's only a 3 star and I don't know if it's worth spending 2k of my 6k feathers on boosting her or waiting. Should I invest in leveling my 5* Lukas (Lv 22) or *4 Abel (Lv 20) and using one of as a stand in lance user for my main team or just fill the gap with someone like 4* Robin(M)

2. Is it worth going for 5* Matthew or even 5* Jaffar when I'm sitting on a 4* +ATK Kagero that I can 5 star later on?

3. Lyn is my ideal sword unit, but is it worth it to invest in Chrom right now as my swordie? Hana kind of sucks.

4. What do I do with Robin? He only comes at 3* and 4*. Should I keep him and boost him to 5*? Or even if I boost him should I give his seal spd to another? He's miles better than Odin... maybe I'm thinking too far ahead.

5. Should I bother continuing to roll specifically for Lyn if I come across a Ryoma, Lucina, Marth or Erika? In terms of optimal performance.

6. Virion is great Inherit food for Seal Spd, but Jeorge is pretty good and I have a 5* Faye. But is it worth using any of these units or should I just stick to Kagero and pray for Takumi in the long run?

7. Should I just send Faye home because with her skill setup I'm not really seeing any useful inheriting utility for her or even usefulness as a unit aside from helping to level a Takumi later on. I could certainly use the feathers, but sending away one of my 5* units just sounds surreal. Advice? Her bow is nifty.

8. Shareena is a resource SINKHOLE. Alfonse I didn't bother with but Shareena is pretty decent overall. Since there's only one of her and I've brought her to 4* who should I 4 star, her or Catria?

9. Frederick is currently my #2. But it turns out there are quite a few better axe users, should I invest rare skills into him or just use him as a foothold until say... a Hector/Raven/Camilla comes along.

10. I have my current composition. But out of all the characters I have currently and at their current star ranks. What is the most "optimal" team I can have?

11. who should be sent home right now?

12. How do I move forward this early? Lunatic is pretty difficult right now and I need skills but I'm afraid to spend SP or waste units that don't have their 3rd level of their tier through inheriting. Most of the best stuff comes from *4 or *5 units that are hard to come by.

Holy shit so much to digest.

First off, you have a good pool of units and the first thing you should build is lv. 40 5☆s no matter who they are (as every unit is salvageable and useful) and have a dancer and a decent/reliable healer. Then, work on the units you like or need.

Lukas is afaik pretty good as a lance unit with high def and hp. Give him bonfire/ignis and quick riposte if you have any source unit. Don't panic on trying to optimize your pool as you're just beginning, work with what you have and build a good synergy among them, as you're a f2p player.

IVs work like pokemon natures, each character have a base stat spread, but some come with a boon (in which case, said stat will be higher than its base) and a bane (in which case, said stat will be lower than its base), but others come neutral, with its base stat spread. In order to check the boon/bane of your character, check them either at lv. 1 or lv. 40 on the IV calculator on the FEH wiki. For more info, you can visit @Ice Dragon's thread in this same section, which is pinned and provides a whole lot of valuable info and tidbits of formulas and how some stuff (like skills) work.

Regarding augmenting and whatnot, you can opt to 5☆ whoever you want but build a good team for them. Matthew is generally outclassed by Kagero on the offensive department but some 10th stratum Matthews have given me headaches, so hey, why not. There's even an user here that 5☆'d a Niles.

The sword users you mention are good but need to be used with caution. Palla is pretty good on flier teams and has ruby sword which makes her stand good against any green unit. Chrom is a semi tank with high attack but slow as hell, and with weak res so beware any mages. Hana is pretty good but has wet paper durability so mostly use her to nuke (specially green armors or any green unit) and then cover her or use assist skills (like swap, reposition or pivot) to protect her. So keep them, train them if you like and wait for a sword 5☆ like Ike!

1. Lukas. 5☆ should be held at top priority. Afterwards, train whoever you want. Abel, Catria and Subaki are pretty good.

2. 5☆ Kagero if you want a 5☆ shuriken user. Then go for Matthew.

3. Work with what you have right now. Train both, Chrom first.

4. Robin is 5☆ material. People run him with Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker 3 in order to wreck sword enemies.

5. If you're getting Lyn, you're getting Lyn at some given moment but don't force unless there is a focus banner on her. Preferably try to pull Ike.

6. Work with what you have. Faye is decent, Virion is ok and Jeorge hits hard so don't think on what you lack.

7. DON'T SEND A 5☆ HOME UNLESS IT IS A DUPLICATE. You never know when will they serve you. Don't overthink it, don't try to optimize stuff right now; it's like optimizing a first run on any game.

8. Sharena. The lords at 5☆s are pretty good. Not the best in the game though.

9. Inherit skills always work on 5☆s and units you know you'll keep.

10. Depends on what you're aiming. Your 4 5☆s are good but they lack a bit of synergy. I'd change Faye for Kagero occassionally. Also, Nino with a good buff team is pretty beast, so keep an eye on her.

11. You're the only one that should answer this question while you progress through the game. Send home dupes or units you surely won't use.

12. Right now, lv. 40 all your 5☆s, train a healer like Wrys and get Olivia on the daily special quest. 4☆ Olivia to get Dance and Hone Atk 3 for good support. Progress slowly through the story and recommneded level story maps and don't try to rush lunatic unless your team is superior and you've gained plenty confidence and experience on your team composition.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

My previous post was waaaaaay too long and would get lost in the sea of posts here. So I'm going to say instead that this game exceeded my expectations of a mobile game. I've come to expect very little of app games but this one is surprisingly addictive and generous. Considering I've played 5 of the games, I wasn't sure what exactly to expect from a condensed mobile version but it's surprisingly still very detailed and intricate. 

Don't know how long I'll be around but I can't put the game down right now and I'll always be keeping an eye on it from this point forward. Maybe this is that kick I need to finally get a DS/3DS/2DS and catch up on all those FE's since Radiant Dawn.

Oh hey, you didn't need to post in here as well if you were making a thread, which you did. :P I replied in your thread with some advice on Freddy, in case you never saw.

34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Fantastic Response.

I changed my post here and made my old one into a topic since I didn't want it to be lost in an extremely active topic like this one. I didn't expect such a fantastic reply. If you're a mod or know one then you can have your post and this reply moved to that topic but I'm going to reply to it here.

Lukas is a tank so I'll just get him to 40 and when he's in the 30s he'll replace Subaki as my lance user. I do kind of enjoy him.

I'm going to focus on Chrom I think, but I'll train both swordies. Won't abandon any 5*s either. 

For healers I'm already training Serra and Lissa. Serra is 23 and Lissa is 19. Course they're 3* and Wrys is 4*.

I'm not sure if I'm going to save feathers for a 5* or if I'm going to start going for 4*s for inheriting purposes/growing mains like Nino. But I do know that my first 5* will be Kagero.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh hey, you didn't need to post in here as well if you were making a thread, which you did. :P I replied in your thread with some advice on Freddy, in case you never saw.

Oh no, I posted it here first. But didn't think I would get a reply so I changed my post to something short and made it a topic on it's own. If a mod sees this series of posts I'd really appreciate all these posts being moved to that topic so I'm not cluttering 2 threads.

Edited by Zeo

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Oh no, I posted it here first. But didn't think I would get a reply so I changed my post to something short and made it a topic on it's own. If a mod sees this series of posts I'd really appreciate all these posts being moved to that topic so I'm not cluttering 2 threads.

Ah, okay, makes sense then. :)

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I changed my post here and made my old one into a topic since I didn't want it to be lost in an extremely active topic like this one. I didn't expect such a fantastic reply. If you're a mod or know one then you can have your post and this reply moved to that topic but I'm going to reply to it here.

Lukas is a tank so I'll just get him to 40 and when he's in the 30s he'll replace Subaki as my lance user. I do kind of enjoy him.

I'm going to focus on Chrom I think, but I'll train both swordies. Won't abandon any 5*s either. 

For healers I'm already training Serra and Lissa. Serra is 23 and Lissa is 19. Course they're 3* and Wrys is 4*.

I'm not sure if I'm going to save feathers for a 5* or if I'm going to start going for 4*s for inheriting purposes/growing mains like Nino. But I do know that my first 5* will be Kagero.

Done!

Subaki is one of the best free units you get. Quick Riposte, Swap, overall good defenses and good spd make him an outstanding anti red unit. In the future you'd like to give him Bonfire and probably a flier support C skill to be better. I currently have one with Bonfire and he crushes any red unit, even at 10th stratum, and he's 4☆.

Chrom is ok, although he isn't top priority augment material, unless you lack red units, which is not the case.

Serra is pretty decent because she lends both atk and spd support but I find Lissa much better due to Rehabilitate, better defenses and a bit of Gravity help. Wrys is pretty good too because of Slow and Rehabilitate, he has Heavenly Light which restores 10hp to the rest of your team. Personally, I prefer Balm skills.

@Zeo at #9 Frederick is actually arguably one of the best Axe user in the game right now, he had iirc the highest defense out of any Horserider(and iirc the second highest in the game), and the highest attack out of any Cavalier at a massive 35. This makes Frederick the best user of Brave Build in Cavalier Emblem in the same way that Cherche is the Brave Build in general and for Flier Emblem

I daresay with Braves, Raven and Cam is worse than Frederick, although less so for Raven for his giant attack score

The idea of inheriting weapons isn't even something that's really hit me yet. Plus the fact that you have to feed 5*s to get the best weapons. Lukas in particular is crazy customizable. I can literally make him a stone wall like the game wants me to or I can give him something like Brave Lance+ and MoonBow which... seems like nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The idea of inheriting weapons isn't even something that's really hit me yet. Plus the fact that you have to feed 5*s to get the best weapons. Lukas in particular is crazy customizable. I can literally make him a stone wall like the game wants me to or I can give him something like Brave Lance+ and MoonBow which... seems like nonsense.

Inheriting weapons and some skills is really expensive, especially as a F2Per, but it can be worth it. I could have had 2 more 5* units to use, but I wanted to make my favorite units as good as I possibly could. So I made a Celica 5* to give Gronnraven+ to Bunny Camilla and made a Hana 5* to give Life and Death 3 to Cordelia. Brave weapons on some units like Effie or replacing other tombs with -blade and -raven tombs feels like the best justification for blowing 20k feathers on that sort of thing. My Camilla certainly felt worth doing it for, for sure.

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The only issue with inheriting weapons is the 5* sacrifice requirement, which is quite steep.

And yeah Lukas can be pretty versatile. You can give him a Brave Lance+, as you said, as well as Death Blow 3 and a weaponbreaker to make him a player phase monster. Or you can keep Fortress Def and the default Killer Lance+ and just give him Quick Riposte 2 and Ignis and watch him destroy enemies when they attack him on the enemy phase.  The latter build is definitely cheaper to make however and it will for most Lukas regardless of nature. I personally built my own that way since he's +Def/-Atk and he's served me very well in the arena, he takes 0 damage from most blues (and I haven't seen a red damage him without a skill) and even greens have trouble denting him.

Spoiler

aSzSJUu.png

Edited by LuxSpes

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The only issue with inheriting weapons is the 5* sacrifice requirement, which is quite steep.

And yeah Lukas can be pretty versatile. You can give him a Brave Lance+, as you said, as well as Death Blow 3 and a weaponbreaker to make him a player phase monster. Or you can keep Fortress Def and the default Killer Lance+ and just give him Quick Riposte 2 and Ignis and watch him destroy enemies when they attack him on the enemy phase.  The latter build is definitely cheaper to make however and it will for most Lukas regardless of nature. I personally built my own that way since he's +Def/-Atk and he's served me very well in the arena, he takes 0 damage from most blues (and I haven't seen a red damage him without a skill) and even greens have trouble denting him.

Reveal hidden contents

aSzSJUu.png

Who gets brave lance+? I've been wanting to give it to my Effie. That Lukas is stupid good, although Julia and Nino definitely drool over him. 

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

Who gets brave lance+? I've been wanting to give it to my Effie. That Lukas is stupid good, although Julia and Nino definitely drool over him. 

Abel, Cordelia and Hinoka, off the top of my head.

*Also Donnel.

Edited by Alkaid

Brave Lance inheritance is kinda awkward tbh because Donnel, Cordy, and Hinoka is so fucking good with it(all 3 of those had like 35 ATK), while Abel is on a horse and had good enough stats with it

That said if you analyze your numbers you can probably make a budget build using 4* weapons, although if you just started out, its better to just raise up your 5*s and some of the good 4*s, and raising up the 3* crews and begin experimenting with the staple good all around easy to use abilities like Quick Riposte

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Brave Lance inheritance is kinda awkward tbh because Donnel, Cordy, and Hinoka is so fucking good with it(all 3 of those had like 35 ATK), while Abel is on a horse and had good enough stats with it

That said if you analyze your numbers you can probably make a budget build using 4* weapons, although if you just started out, its better to just raise up your 5*s and some of the good 4*s, and raising up the 3* crews and begin experimenting with the staple good all around easy to use abilities like Quick Riposte

Nah I'm an oldie, I was on the waiting forum 6 hours before it dropped in Japan. Although that explains why I have a partially leveled Donnel, I couldn't for the life of me remember why I was training him. I have spares of him anyway so s'all good.

Just now, immatx said:

Nah I'm an oldie, I was on the waiting forum 6 hours before it dropped in Japan. Although that explains why I have a partially leveled Donnel, I couldn't for the life of me remember why I was training him. I have spares of him anyway so s'all good.

Donnel is the new Subaki

RIP my bro Subaki

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Donnel is the new Subaki

RIP my bro Subaki

Hahaha yeah, pretty much. I actually fed a 4* Subaki to Julia as my first skill inheritance (don't worry I've still got like 8 of him, he loves me and I'm starting to hate him because of it). He's still a good unit though, especially for newer players. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

If you have the right units, it is WORTH it.  My only 5* promotion was for a weapon, but it's given me absolute control over the weapon triangle.

There are quests to clear Ch. 10 Lunatic with a specific weapon on your team, no deaths allowed. Each of the five quests awards an orb:

10-1 with a sword;
10-2 with a lance;
10-3 with an axe;
10-4 with a sword;
10-5 with a lance.

20 potential orbs overall from this chapter, not bad at all!