• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've actually used her too, you know. She was required for the seal quests, remember?

Virion is no Takumi, dude. xP

Besides, I still never use her on any teams, so there's not even a point to this argument.

There's a major difference here I have used her in a successful deathless runs in the Arena and she's very useful. Triangle Adept makes a massive difference for her Anna. I used to think she sucked too, but then I put Triangle Adept on her and it was glorious. QR fixes her speed and Calvary Buffs makes it so she has a far higher potential then M Robin, so she is definitely the best natural raven tome user in my opinion.

Edited by Locke087

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You have received 3 copies of Cecilia.

...Uh, no? I only have one Cecilia, the one from the seal quests. And besides, I was talking about my lv. 40 5 and 4 star units.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele A +HP/-Res Nino like the one you have could have easily ORKOd both that Takumi and Reinhardt just sayin'

A -Res Nino would've helped against a MAGE. Right... Also, she's a lowly 3 star as well.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A -Res Nino would've helped against a MAGE. Right... Also, she's a lowly 3 star as well.

Yes. Yes, she would have. 

A -Res Nino still has more res than anything else on your team and has more than enough to take on Reinhardt. 

EDIT: Ana, a 3* -res Nino with no buffs or inherited skills can still tank and ORKO a 5* + Atk Reinhardt. If you want, I can prove it to you with calcs.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, no? I only have one Cecilia, the one from the seal quests. And besides, I was talking about my lv. 40 5 and 4 star units.

Right, because you sent home the ones from the Daily Hero Battles. Forgot.

Nino OHKO's both Reinhardt and Takumi, where exactly is she getting hit?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She also has a Nino.

Both of them would have been able to take Takumi and Reinhardt with ease. 

The problem isn't that she doesn't have the units, it's that she isn't using what she has. 

I'm trying to rub in the fact that Cecilia is free and does the job.

Cecilia is in the daily Hero Battle rotation. Whether or not you still have them is not relevant; you've had access to 3 copies of her.

The problem isn't that she doesn't have the units, it's that she isn't using what she has. 

Except I have a lot of lv. 40 units, both 5 and 4 star. 3 star units aren't worth the trouble unless they're a favorite character I don't have or can become really really good, which I've not gotten anymore of either as far as I know.

I'm aware plenty of units can be good with skill inheritance, but do I look like I have infinite resources here? I have no fodder to dump on these units anyway.

Yes. Yes, she would have. 

A -Res Nino still has more res than anything else on your team and has more than enough to take on Reinhardt. 

Not as a lowly 3 star.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Not as a lowly 3 star.

Yes. Yes, she can.

A 3* -Res Nino with zero buffs and zero skill inheritance can tank and then ORKO a 5* +Atk Reinhardt. 

Give me a sec to type out the calcs. 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No one has high res. I've never pulled any 5 stars that have high res either.

Eirika.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Right, because you sent home the ones from the Daily Hero Battles. Forgot.

Uh, what? I never even got those, let alone sent them home. The only unit I've gotten from the free rotation is Donnel and that was because I liked him as a character.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cecilia is in the daily Hero Battle rotation. Whether or not you still have them is not relevant; you've had access to 3 copies of her.

Like I said, I still never got them.

Uh, what? I never even got those, let alone sent them home. The only unit I've gotten from the free rotation is Donnel and that was because I liked him as a character.

You still have access to them, you just never bothered to get them.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eirika.

Nope. 28 res isn't that great either. Besides, since mine is +def, her def would actually be better in the end. Stat calculator says it'd be 30.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which doesn't change the fact that you have had access to them.

Doesn't change the fact that I never got them either. Besides, why would I when I have a 3 star one already? The free ones are 1 and 2 star.

Edited by Anacybele

Mine and @Ice Dragon's point still stands.

It's not at all surprising you're having trouble against certain units if you're limiting yourself to spending resources only on the ones you like. It's your game, you can do what you want, but don't blame it when your team gets rolled in arena again, and again, and again, because you couldn't move beyond that mindset of "x unit is bad bc I don't like them"

@Anacybele @GuiltyLove

A 3* +HP/-Res Nino with no buffs and vanilla skills has 33 HP, 38 Atk, 32 Spd, and 22 Res (she'll have Res +2 as her A with vanilla skills).

A 5* +Atk Reinhardt will have 38 HP, 44 Atk, 18 Spd, and 25 Res.

Reinhardt attacks:

• He deals 14 x 2 damage. Nino is left with 5 HP 
  • 44 x 0.8 WTD = 36
  • 36 - 22 (Nino's res) = 14
  • 14 x 2 (bc Dire Thunder) = 28
  • 33 (Nino's HP) - 28 = 5

Nino counterattacks:

• She deals 20 x 2 damage. Reinhardt is dead.
  • 38 x 1.2 WTA = 45
  • 45 - 25 (Rein's res) = 20
  • She's waaaay fast enough to double (32 spd compared to 18)
  • 20 x 2 = 40
  • Reinhardt has 38 HP
  • Reinhardt dies

EDIT: @GuiltyLove I used the site to double check, but I always do my calculations by hand unless they're mass calculations against the whole cast. It's good to know how since the site won't help you for GHBs and such.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Doesn't change the fact that I never got them either. Besides, why would I when I have a 3 star one already? The free ones are 1 and 2 star.

Free feathers.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele @GuiltyLove

A 3* +HP/-Res Nino with no buffs and vanilla skills has 33 HP, 38 Atk, 32 Spd, and 22 Res (she'll have Res +2 as her A with vanilla skills).

A 5* +Atk Reinhardt will have 38 HP, 44 Atk, 18 Spd, and 25 Res.

Reinhardt attacks:

• He deals 14 x 2 damage. Nino is left with 5 HP 
  • 44 x 0.8 WTD = 36
  • 36 - 22 (Nino's res) = 14
  • 14 x 2 (bc Dire Thunder) = 28
  • 33 (Nino's HP) - 28 = 5

Nino counterattacks:

• She deals 20 x 2 damage. Reinhardt is dead.
  • 38 x 1.2 WTA = 45
  • 45 - 25 (Rein's res) = 20
  • She's waaaay fast enough to double (32 spd compared to 18)
  • 20 x 2 = 40
  • Reinhardt has 38 HP
  • Reinhardt dies

I ended up finding the site for that in the end :P That's really interesting though

I need a Nino now...

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mine and @Ice Dragon's point still stands.

It's not at all surprising you're having trouble against certain units if you're limiting yourself to spending resources only on the ones you like. It's your game, you can do what you want, but don't blame it when your team gets rolled in arena again, and again, and again, because you couldn't move beyond that mindset of "x unit is bad bc I don't like them"

My point still stands too.

And wtf? I never said Cecilia was bad because I don't like her. I never even played her game and I already said I find her stat spread awful.

Also, here's a list of characters I use that aren't my favorite:

Marth

Alm

Bunny Xander

Klein

Sakura

Olivia

Male Robin

Female Robin

And more.

Edited by Anacybele

Nope. 28 res isn't that great either. Besides, since mine is +def, her def would actually be better in the end.

Eirika's neutral 28 resistance places her at approximately 49/126 units. She is almost in the top 1/3 of all units in terms of res. That's certainly not bad, and better than your core team anyway.

My point still stands too.

And wtf? I never said Cecilia was bad because I don't like her. I never even played her game and I already said I find her stat spread awful.

You did say she was a useless unit though, a couple pages back now, and so people have been trying to correct your statement, because that's really not true.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eirika's neutral 28 resistance places her at approximately 49/126 units. She is almost in the top 1/3 of all units in terms of res. That's certainly not bad, and better than your core team anyway.

Not much better. And this Eirika is also -Atk. Her attack will be VERY low whether I level her up or not. I also already primarily use two other sword wielders in Ike and Marth. No room for her.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They come up every couple of weeks. If you're not going for the free characters when they're available, that's your own choice to decline to get the characters, not the game not giving you access to them.

Upgrading 2* and even 1* units to 3* is trivial.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

They come up every couple of weeks. If you're not going for the free characters when they're available, that's your own choice to decline to get the characters, not the game not giving you access to them.

Upgrading 2* and even 1* units to 3* is trivial.

I still already have a 3 star Cecilia anyway. And exactly, it's my choice.

Edited by Anacybele