Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just finished training my Hana for the new season!

(Spoilered to avoid clutter)

Reveal hidden contents

JlP2z8o.png

+Atk, -Spd. She'll be replacing my Lucina this season since I'm lacking a bonus unit. A shame I couldn't get a Brave+ on her though.

Nice! I was sort of debating on training her or Zephiel for arena.

Mine is 4 star at the moment but I have a -Attack Ogma in the barracks that I could promote and give her Brave Sword+ too. Let me know how an ordinary Brave Sword works (probably won't have sufficient feathers to 5 star Hana though if i upgrade Ogma for her weapon). 

If a normal Brave Sword is fine then i might just sacrifice Draug (and retrain the free one for Armor Emblem quest).

Speaking of bad natured units, I managed to finish the last Lunatic World of Radiance mission using Flier Emblem + Olivia. Hinoka was my lance user for the final map and she was -Atk/+HP, but oh that HP boon helped so much. She lived Ike's attack by just 3 HP, and KOed him back with Brave Lance next turn.

Palla was great countering Titania and Soren while Narcian dealt with fake Oscar on the right. He baited the lancer, left fake Oscar with little HP so Most Wings of Mercied to the lancer who was destroyed by Narcian next turn.

since Mist was on the right side of the tree, Palla was free to attack Titania and Soren after a few Dances, and when Narcian's HP was low enough from Mist's attacks, Palla teleported to the right to deal with Mist. In the end, she was near Hinoka to give Hinoka the flier emblem boost.

I love Wings of Mercy.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If life gives you lemons...

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-05-02-22-20-

I turned two -Atk 5* Effies and the 4* I had into this engine of destruction.

Death cometh for all unfortunately placed red!!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats! I still have to wrap my head around properly using armored units, myself =P .

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Since it looks like your biggest problem is with mages here is the neutral max RES (at five stars) of the units you listed: Frederick (14), Sharena (22), F. Robin (22), M. Robin (22), Klein (24), Ephraim (20), Alm (22), Ike (18), Marth (23). IDK what you want to use these units for but as a whole these people can be wiped out by speedy mages. So your only choice is to work on strategies that kill the enemy on player phase (which means using a dancer) or to find a high RES character that can bait mages and maybe debuff so your other guys don't have to take a hit. I won't make any recommendations because I don't know what characters you have or what other characters you're willing to use if you are willing to use other characters at all. 

If you've already decided that you won't use anyone other than the people you've listed, that's your choice. You should just ask for builds to help fix the hole in your team. Female Robin for example likely needs another tome. It might not me the most optimal thing, but it will work for you.  

Female Robin already has a tome that counters Reinhardt though? I admit I forgot about that until now, but she does, since her tome has cavalry effectiveness.

But I guess there really is no solution for me other than to use units I don't want to bother with. Hopefully in the future there will be others I'm willing to turn to. But until then, I might not be playing much.

I'm training up Anna to a five star, she's actually not that bad of an axe user. I wish her weapon and final vantage weren't 5 stars though...and they cost a lot too haha. I only need 17k more feathers to get her to five. I figured by the time the next gauntlet ends, I'll have enough.

Any suggestions for her, before I upgrade? Haha 

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Congrats! I still have to wrap my head around properly using armored units, myself =P .

Same... their movement is too low for me to want to use them. I need more Pivot fodder

time for you to actually be useful for once, marth

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope I can pull an Effie some day. She's continued to elude me. I need a big pink blob of armored muscle in my life.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I got a +Def -Spd Effie

"Let's make Voltron"

Giant Robot Effie?

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

The 1+2 always gets a chuckle out of me for some reason

It makes me think of D&D, like a +2 Mace or something.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Death cometh for all unfortunately placed red!!

Indeed.  I'm tempted to use her in Arena, but Armors can be tough to use.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Using Arthur instead of Frederick is your choice, and if you think Frederick is bad, I might disagree, but I'm not going to get into an argument with you about that. If you want to think he's bad, I won't stop you, no matter how much I might not agree.

And right, I don't use glass cannons and don't want to because I'm no good with them. And yes, I want to make the Robins work well for me. I just need to figure out how. I've already got all the skills I want on male Robin, pretty much, though, so only female Robin needs some more attention.

But right. What I want is to find a way to make my current trained up units work well for me. I have Klein as my ranged attacker, and a few heavy hitters in Ike, Ephraim, and Frederick. And of course there's Marth and his dragon-slaying sword too. I've started leveling up Alm, though he's -Atk too, I'm afraid... Still, he might be able to afford it. Ephraim is also -Atk and I made him work. And then there are male Robin, female Robin, and Sharena as well. Sharena is next on my 5 star upgrade queue.

If I may make a suggestion I recommend upgrading your F Robin first as she will directly counter Reinhardt but will not do much against anything that doesn't have a Blue Tome because she entirely relies on Blue Tome breaker, she's nichely useful but if you're determined to user you can make it work. Sharena is a really good unit but is largely redundant when you already have Ephraim (upgrade her the following arena so you can use her as a bonus character).

I see that you're using Klein so I have no idea why you be against using Cecilia (they're from the same game) especially when she can synergize well with Freddy, you can make both even stronger. It would be a very good investment especially since you plan on running Freddy in the long term and I understand you really like Cavaliers in general when more Cavaliers come Cecilia will be even more beneficial to you because you can run full Horse Emblem. F Robin can be good but is very niche I feel that Cecilia would benefit you a lot more in the long term but if using her makes actively unhappy then go for F Robin.

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Just slap Pivot on them and use them like any other unit. It's really that simple.

Swap is ok but Pivot makes them a lot less annoying to use. I've enjoyed using my Effie these past few weeks and Pivot's played a huge role in that.

@Rezzy I'll form the head!

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Same... their movement is too low for me to want to use them. I need more Pivot fodder

time for you to actually be useful for once, marth

All my three 4 star Marths are -Atk/+Spd and at least one of them will be useful for my new Hector :D

1 minute ago, Locke087 said:

If I may make a suggestion I recommend upgrading your F Robin first as she will directly counter Reinhardt but will not do much against  anything that doesn't have a Blue Tome because she entirely relies on Blue Tome breaker, she's naturally she nichely useful but if you're determined to user you can make it work. Sharena is a really good unit but is largely redundant when you already have Ephraim.

I see that you're using Klein so I have no idea why you be against using Cecilia (they're from the same game) especially when she can synergize well with Freddy, you can make both even stronger. It would be a very good investment especially since you plan on running Freddy in the long term and I understand you really like Cavaliers in general when more Cavaliers come Cecilia will be even more beneficial to you because you can run full Horse Emblem. F Robin can be good but is very niche I feel that Cecilia would benefit you a lot more in the long term but if using her makes actively unhappy then go for F Robin.

I love Sharena though, she's cool, and she's a bonus unit in the arena on occasion if the pattern with the Askr trio is anything to go by.

I gave both a chance. Klein worked out great, Cecilia didn't. That's all. xP

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoiler

I raise!

Spoiler

ywzkdkF.jpg

For those of you who cannot read moon runes:

Killer Axe+
Swap (meant for full armor team)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Armor (will replace with Ward Armor once I get another Draug)

Please don't hurt me.

Really, though, 'grats!

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just slap Pivot on them and use them like any other unit. It's really that simple.

Swap is ok but Pivot makes them a lot less annoying to use. I've enjoyed using my Effie these past few weeks and Pivot's played a huge role in that.

Hm...I'll have to give it a shot sometime. I actually did have a Pivot Effie at one point, I think. I'm not sure what I ended up doing with her.

Thinking of promoting a new Blue to get to fill in for Sharena (poor girl needs a vacation, I've only pulled six 5* since launch and none were Blue). Not really diggin' most of my options except for a 4* Res+/Def- Reinhardt.

Anyone using an effectively neutral Reinhardt, possibly without DB3 or horse buffs? Curious to see how far he could go with what I've got on hand.

Hey, Mr Whale.

When you were pulling Ninian's and focused Blues. How long was your longest drought before you pulled one?

Because I've been focusing blues for about 140 orbs (about half paid) and still no Aqua. I know probability is against me but you're the most experienced with average of pulls out of all of us.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Nice! I was sort of debating on training her or Zephiel for arena.

Mine is 4 star at the moment but I have a -Attack Ogma in the barracks that I could promote and give her Brave Sword+ too. Let me know how an ordinary Brave Sword works (probably won't have sufficient feathers to 5 star Hana though if i upgrade Ogma for her weapon). 

If a normal Brave Sword is fine then i might just sacrifice Draug (and retrain the free one for Armor Emblem quest).

Brave Sword is actually perfectly adequate. I'd promote Hana over promoting fodder since the -2 Atk loss and -1 Atk from LaD 3 matches with the +3 Mt a Brave+ gives you, but then you still have less bulk compared to the 5* version. However, something important to note is that my Hana is +Atk; with an Atk +1 seal, she has exactly enough to ORKO +Def Takumi. She really cuts it close.

I ended up sacking a crappy IV Ogma not only for his Brave Sword, but also for his Spur Atk levels, which I maxed out with Barst and got Reposition on her to boot. Keep Draug for the armor quest.

One last thing. As much as I love Hana, make no mistake when I say that she is not someone I would recommend promoting with feathers. She's horribly squishy and hard to keep alive without Escutcheon. If you've got Pivot and Bonfire fodder for Zephiel, along with perhaps Atk or Def+ 3, I'd just promote him instead. He takes hits like a champ and is all around more reliable. I didn't have the fodder I needed to get the most out of Zephiel, so I had to take the next best option.

I have a +HP -Atk Hinoka too!

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

Thinking of promoting a new Blue to get to fill in for Sharena (poor girl needs a vacation, I've only pulled six 5* since launch and none were Blue). Not really diggin' most of my options except for a 4* Res+/Def- Reinhardt.

Anyone using an effectively neutral Reinhardt, possibly without DB3 or horse buffs? Curious to see how far he could go with what I've got on hand.

My alt account has an Attack bane Reinhardt but he still does his job well with Dire Thunder. He just needs to stick to Olivia at all times for me (no Death Blown fodder except Ursula i guess). I haven't used Skill Inheritance on him yet.

in fact i'm so impressed with his Dire Thunder i'm considering just upgrading my -HP/+Res one on my main account since Thoron does not do him justice at all. And hey, neutral Attack is better than -Atk!

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I love Sharena though, she's cool, and she's a bonus unit in the arena on occasion if the pattern with the Askr trio is anything to go by.

I gave both a chance. Klein worked out great, Cecilia didn't. That's all. xP

Her brother is next wait till next arena to upgrade her when she's actually featured.

In the end it's your choice just keep in mind Cecilia and F Robin have near identical final stats spreads, the only real difference between them is Cecilia has the better tome and a Horse that helps her buff Freddy (you can get a free Gunter for Hone Calvary) like madness. Horse Emblem is a lot of Fun and makes the arena significantly easier, I really recommend it to you. But if remain unconvinced female robin can still benefit you and counter all those pesky blue tomes but not much else. 

Edited by Locke087

17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'll second the suggestions of Pivot or Swap.

16 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm training up Anna to a five star, she's actually not that bad of an axe user. I wish her weapon and final vantage weren't 5 stars though...and they cost a lot too haha. I only need 17k more feathers to get her to five. I figured by the time the next gauntlet ends, I'll have enough.

Any suggestions for her, before I upgrade? Haha 

Her base set is pretty nice.  Giving her Darting Blow or +Atk can help with killing things.

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I hope I can pull an Effie some day. She's continued to elude me. I need a big pink blob of armored muscle in my life.

Good luck.  My 5* Effies are actually pretty recent, from my recent string of -Atk 5*s.

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Rezzy I have a +Spd/-Atk Effie (why must you curse me so, Rez)

I guess I'll be a leg. 

Someone's gotta carry the team.

They thought they could break me, sending me naught but -Atk, now Effie will break them.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I raise!

Hide contents

ywzkdkF.jpg

For those of you who cannot read moon runes:

Killer Axe+
Swap (meant for full armor team)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Armor (will replace with Ward Armor once I get another Draug)

Please don't hurt me.

Really, though, 'grats!

Ah shucks, with WTD, we're beaten on the board.  I should have plenty of SP once I've actually gotten her to 40, in case I want to switch up some skills.

3 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Her brother is next wait till next arena to upgrade her when she's actually featured.

In the end it's your choice just keep in mind Cecilia and F Robin have near identical final stats spreads so, the only real difference between them is Cecilia has the better tome and a Horse that help her buff Freddy (you can get a free Gunter for Hone Calvary) like madness. Horse Emblem is a lot of Fun and makes the arena significantly easier, I really recommend it to you. But female robin can still benefit you and counter all those pesky blue tomes but not much else. 

Maybe in the future, we'll see. But right now, the only cav that's a bonus unit at the moment is Clarine and the only bonus unit I currently have that's viable is Ike, so...

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Brave Sword is actually perfectly adequate. I'd promote Hana over promoting fodder since the -2 Atk loss and -1 Atk from LaD 3 matches with the +3 Mt a Brave+ gives you, but then you still have less bulk compared to the 5* version. However, something important to note is that my Hana is +Atk; with an Atk +1 seal, she has exactly enough to ORKO +Def Takumi. She really cuts it close.

I ended up sacking a crappy IV Ogma not only for his Brave Sword, but also for his Spur Atk levels, which I maxed out with Barst and got Reposition on her to boot. Keep Draug for the armor quest.

One last thing. As much as I love Hana, make no mistake when I say that she is not someone I would recommend promoting with feathers. She's horribly squishy and hard to keep alive without Escutcheon. If you've got Pivot and Bonfire fodder for Zephiel, along with perhaps Atk or Def+ 3, I'd just promote him instead. He takes hits like a champ and is all around more reliable. I didn't have the fodder I needed to get the most out of Zephiel, so I had to take the next best option.

I have a +HP -Atk Hinoka too!

Okay cool, nice to know I can save my feathers for now. Hana will just have to be used until Zephiel is levelled up for next week (also for armor quest). 

i do have many bad Cherches in this account so i've got Pivot covered at least.

is there anyone else who would need a Brave Sword+ from Ogma though? I dob't have much Brave Sword fodder so just curious if anyone besides Hana likes Brave Swords.

Hinoka buddies!! That mission was one thing Hinoka's bulk can do that Cordelia couldn't.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Hey, Mr Whale.

When you were pulling Ninian's and focused Blues. How long was your longest drought before you pulled one?

Because I've been focusing blues for about 140 orbs (about half paid) and still no Aqua. I know probability is against me but you're the most experienced with average of pulls out of all of us.

My absolute worst run while attempting to pull Ninian was 59 non-5-star pulls in a row between pulls 3992 (Raven) and 4052 (Effie).

My absolute worst run between two Ninians was 335 non-Ninian pulls in a row between pulls 3412 (Ninian #1) and 3748 (Ninian #2).

I'm including non-blue pulls in both runs. For the non-Ninian run, about 100 of those pulls were from before I started pulling only blue when possible so it's really closer to 200.