Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wish I didn't ask, now.

Hide contents

R̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶

I mean there are plenty of anime with cute little cinnamon rolls that just have fun and do pure things that don't involve hacking each other to death.

But yeah, I would stay away from that particular one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean there are plenty of anime with cute little cinnamon rolls that just have fun and do pure things that don't involve hacking each other to death.

But yeah, I would stay away from that particular one.

I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶t̶e̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶g̶

I'll pass.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

whats this about a fortune teller?

It's this.

It's an event that's been going on for the past few days (ever since the Golden Week banner) that lets you roll for different characters every day with accompanying luck fortunes (like unlucky, kinda lucky, really lucky, and SUPER LUCK which is usually a 5* exclusive character). 

There are rewards for everyone if a certain milestone is reached in terms of how many people roll with it every day (though I believe it's been reached already).

Besides that it's just kind of for fun. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's this.

It's an event that's been going on for the past few days (ever since the Golden Week banner) that lets you roll for different characters every day with accompanying luck fortunes (like unlucky, kinda lucky, really lucky, and SUPER LUCK which is usually a 5* exclusive character). 

There are rewards for everyone if a certain milestone is reached in terms of how many people roll with it every day (though I believe it's been reached already).

Besides that it's just kind of for fun. 

Oh THAT thing. And there's no translation available?

Just now, Motendra said:

Oh THAT thing. And there's no translation available?

Not that I know of. 

There are posts floating around that have the whole thing translated though. 

59 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@GuiltyLove I've been forced to respect flier teams ever since a merged Spring Camilla straight-up one-shot my Ike from full in Arena last night .__.

I became frightened of Spring Camilla teams when one crushed my Lucina, Fae, Ephraim, Azura team.

Today I met a team with 2 spring Camilla with Gronnblade+ backed by buffers. However, today I was prepared. Having them deals 0 damage before getting 1HKOed was amazing.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I became frightened of Spring Camilla teams when one crushed my Lucina, Fae, Ephraim, Azura team.

Today I met a team with 2 spring Camilla with Gronnblade+ backed by buffers. However, today I was prepared. Having them deals 0 damage before getting 1HKOed was amazing.

Tfw I don't have any red mages besides 4* Raigh and Henry

I actually really like Sanaki, so I'm really sad I didn't pull her during her banner. I got an Eldigan out of it at least?

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Tfw I don't have any red mages besides 4* Raigh and Henry

I actually really like Sanaki, so I'm really sad I didn't pull her during her banner. I got an Eldigan out of it at least?

TA3 Tiki!A might do the job?

You'll hopefully get your chance to pull her again when the gauntlet banner arrives. (I know I'll pull a lot from the magical girls banner. Wouldn't mind extra Sanakis or more than one Linde and I still have no Julia. And Tharja's Raudhrblade+ is going straight to Leo if I pull her.)

Just now, LuxSpes said:

TA3 Tiki!A might do the job?

You'll hopefully get your chance to pull her again when the gauntlet banner arrives. (I know I'll pull a lot from the magical girls banner. Wouldn't mind extra Sanakis or more than one Linde and I still have no Julia. And Tharja's Raudhrblade+ is going straight to Leo if I pull her.)

I'm super conflicted for this banner because I honestly like everyone on the magical girl banner except Tharja (but Tharja's still good for blade inheritance), but I only have so many orbs. 

Pulling from the male banner is also tempting because Leo and Raourraven+ fodder are both nice to have.

And then Celica's banner is coming soon, and I really want her as well. 

Decisions, decisions...

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm super conflicted for this banner because I honestly like everyone on the magical girl banner except Tharja (but Tharja's still good for blade inheritance), but I only have so many orbs. 

Pulling from the male banner is also tempting because Leo and Raourraven+ fodder are both nice to have.

And then Celica's banner is coming soon, and I really want her as well. 

Decisions, decisions...

I'm lucky enough to already have a Leo and I already gave Raudhrraven+ to Sanaki by promoting my own Henry, so I'm not too concerned with the male banner.

I'll have too see the stats and skills of the units in Celica's banner before I decide if I pull or not. 

And anyway, I decided not to decide between banners and instead chose to sacrifice my wallet.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I'm lucky enough to already have a Leo and I already gave Raudhrraven+ to Sanaki by promoting my own Henry, so I'm not too concerned with the male banner.

I'll have too see the stats and skills of the units in Celica's banner before I decide if I pull or not. 

And anyway, I decided not to decide between banners and instead chose to sacrifice my wallet.

I've hit the point where I know I'm not going to be going any higher in Arena without spending money (I consistently hit about rank 1.4k or so every week and likely won't go any higher without higher merge levels), so at this point I just pull for people I like just because I like them, stats and skills be damned. 

I've always gone into this game with more of a collector's mindset than a competitive one anyways (though the competitive side of me kind of took over at some points).

There's not much left of my wallet to sacrifice after burning it on the Golden Week banner.

I've hit the point where I know I'm not going to be going any higher in Arena without spending money (I consistently hit about rank 1.4k or so every week and likely won't go any higher without higher merge levels), so at this point I just pull for people I like just because I like them, stats and skills be damned. 

I've always gone into this game with more of a collector's mindset than a competitive one anyways (though the competitive side of me kind of took over at some points).

There's not much left of my wallet to sacrifice after burning it on the Golden Week banner.

I kind of don't want to have too merge my units too much because I'm afraid of what monstrosities awaits me there. And I probably could hit slightly higher in the arena if I built my team and units better, but I consistently get around 4770 offense points, which I'm ok with.

I also have a pretty similar mindset to yours. I always makes sure to keep 1 every units I find. I'd probably would have tried for Soren and Titania if the Hero Fest banner and the mage gauntlet hadn't been announced. But despite that, I'm still sitting at a nice spot with only 14 units missing to my collection (18 if you count the spring units, but I don't since they're no longer available now.)

I'm good for now, but hopefully they won't announce a Radiant Dawn banner right after Celica, because it'll become painful then.

I have 4 dang Azamas so I gave one to Elise for Pain, the balm and the attack down passive. May as well make the rest of her team's job easier. Probably replace attack down with the goad line eventually but it's fine for now.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I kind of don't want to have too merge my units too much because I'm afraid of what monstrosities awaits me there. And I probably could hit slightly higher in the arena if I built my team and units better, but I consistently get around 4770 offense points, which I'm ok with.

I also have a pretty similar mindset to yours. I always makes sure to keep 1 every units I find. I'd probably would have tried for Soren and Titania if the Hero Fest banner and the mage gauntlet hadn't been announced. But despite that, I'm still sitting at a nice spot with only 14 units missing to my collection (18 if you count the spring units, but I don't since they're no longer available now.)

I'm good for now, but hopefully they won't announce a Radiant Dawn banner right after Celica, because it'll become painful then.

I hit the mid 4800s pretty consistently, but I simply don't have the units to get my score up to the 4900s no matter how hard I fish for points (my score range is 688 to 696), which is what I'd need for top 1k. 

I'm not particularly afraid of fighting higher merged units, but I'm not willing to put in the money/effort (if I promote multiple copies from 3/4* to 5* to merge) to raise my own merge levels any higher. I suppose I'll have to be content with where I am. 

My mindset is a bit more lenient than yours, as I'm mostly concerned with collecting characters I like, not so much "collect literally everyone". That said, unless my barracks get really full, I generally try to keep a copy of everyone unless I either really needed to inherit a skill from my last/only copy of a unit or if I just really don't like that character (and I also don't have any skills I'd want for them nor does that character occupy a niche that I can't fill with another unit I have). 

I didn't want to keep a copy of everyone until I noticed I almost had everyone and then they added hero merit and i mean it keeps a picture list of them right there so i might as well!

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Collecting cute girls is the purest form of playing Heroes.

Really, though, collecting is probably the biggest lure of this game. Then the competitive/gameplay side, now with skill inheritance, is like building Pokemon sets and teams which is fun too. Getting all your favorites from multiple games and using them together in the same place is really nice and something the main games will probably never do (not counting amiibos).

This game's really been scratching those collecting and strategy/teambuilding itches I've been having.

Did a bunch of random stuff:

• Upgraded Xander to 5* rarity and fed him a Subaki (Swap + Quick Riposte 2)
  • Upgraded +Atk/-HP Azama to 4* rarity
  • Fed the aforementioned Lissa the aforementioned Azama and learned the transferred skills (Pain + Threaten Atk 2)
  • Upgraded +Res/-Atk Lissa to 4* rarity
  • Merged the +Atk/-HP Lissa into the +Res/-Atk Lissa

Using 5* Xander with Quick Riposte is like driving an armored car with a turret.

Lissa brings on the pro-Pain!

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Collecting cute girls is the purest form of playing Heroes.

Really, though, collecting is probably the biggest lure of this game. Then the competitive/gameplay side, now with skill inheritance, is like building Pokemon sets and teams which is fun too. Getting all your favorites from multiple games and using them together in the same place is really nice and something the main games will probably never do (not counting amiibos).

This game's really been scratching those collecting and strategy/teambuilding itches I've been having.

It's like Pokemon, but instead of riding a bike for hours, you spend money trying to get triple 7s on a lottery machine, and then score several alternative lesser outcomes for the pity prizes to make your grand prize grander.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Camus only has three personae in his games; I can't build a Camus-only team :(

Spoiler

And then it's revealed Bruno is secretly Camus, who was summoned into the Order of Heroes, was Alphonse's best friend for a time, and then joined the Embla Empire.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Meanwhile Lucina almost had 4 confirmed version

I demand justice. Dracoknight Sirius, Swordmaster Sirius, Paladin Sirius, and Cleric Sirius!

Something interesting about Lucina having two versions of herself, likely three if Masked Lucina is a thing -- I get that she's popular and that people like her. But by the results of the CYL poll, people like Lyn better. If we're counting both male and female characters, people like Ike better too. Makes me wonder if FE Heroes developers expected Lucina to come in first place, and this is why they're pumping out so many versions of her although Lyn and Ike were more popular by their own poll.

Edited by Sunwoo

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is there some kind of problem with using 2 of the same Camus? I mean, you can never really have enough Gradivuses.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Something interesting about Lucina having two versions of herself, likely three if Masked Lucina is a thing -- I get that she's popular and that people like her. But by the results of the CYL poll, people like Lyn better. If we're counting both male and female characters, people like Ike better too. Makes me wonder if FE Heroes developers expected Lucina to come in first place, and this is why they're pumping out so many versions of her although Lyn and Ike were more popular by their own poll.

It's really not uncommon for gacha games (and trading card games, which are essentially the same thing on a different medium but with the ability to trade) to eventually have alternate versions of popular characters. I wouldn't be surprised at all if by the time every character is implemented into the game at least once, the more popular characters have 5 or 6 different versions.

The Spring characters were most likely chosen not only for their popularity, but because they are from recent game releases are are therefore likely to have broader recognition. While the game is new, it's still building a player base and using characters that are recognizable by casual players can help draw them in.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is there some kind of problem with using 2 of the same Camus? I mean, you can never really have enough Gradivuses.

Well, not that it's a problem, just it would've been much better if all four were different versions of the same person.

Four Legions though.