Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure I can point out when you've been immature. You were very immature to hold a grudge against me over something that happened years ago. And when I've mentioned this to other people, whom I will not name so I don't get them involved in any trouble, they agreed with me.

Maybe I'm not the best at debates or arguments, no. But that doesn't mean there aren't times where I DO know very well what I'm talking about.

First of all, the only reason I held the grudge against you in the first place is because you have not shown evidence of being a different person. If I sent you that exact same review now as I did then, your response would pretty much be the same. Which is why I haven't forgiven you. Because you haven't shown me that you have become the person who wouldn't do that.

Also, people agreeing with you that I was being immature doesn't make it true. You know why? Because people tell one-sided stories that don't always include the full truth and nothing but the truth. Your lacking of people's feelings and motivations also makes you unfit to explain to people why I was actually upset at you. Besides, I have just as many people ready to back up the statement that you're immature as well, and they can all cite their own evidence for it too. I don't even mind naming my sources either.

The thing is, there are very FEW things you've shown to know very well what you're talking about.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, GaleforceAbuse said:

Brash Assault Lyn is pretty mediocre though. She needs to be half health or less, and even with +ATK, she has like 54 ATK with Defiant Attack? Maybe people have gotten nice results from it, but that feels like it's just emulating what other sword lords (mostly Lucina and Ryoma) can do with, say, Desperation. 

It's alright, but the last time I checked they suggested Escape Route for her B skill.  I should probably go look again.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I said I wasn't Mkv and can't use 3 star units as well as that person can. I believed it wouldn't have done me any good and I still don't. I've already said I'm not a super expert player like Mkv. Also, I don't like using 3 star units when I can use stronger 4 and 5 star units.

I mean, if you used the same units Mkv did, you could literally just copy their strategy step by step with no deviation, and it'll clear you the level.

@DehNutCase What do you think of +Atk -Def Selena?

Speaking of Abel, I've got a 4* +Atk, -HP one, and...I dunno if I'm doing it wrong or expecting too much, but he seems kinda lame. The tier list says he's good, but his attack just isn't doing it for me, even with the boon. Even with a Brave Lance, he more often than not fails to one round when I need him to, and his defense is strangely low, in that he gets one-round killed a little too much for my liking. Does he need Horse Emblem buffs to become super good or something? I dunno.

I mean on paper he seems to be good, or something, but he's just not doing it for me. I'm thinking of fodderizing all four of my Abels for their Brave Lances and/or Swordbreaker

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I said I wasn't Mkv and can't use 3 star units as well as that person can. I believed it wouldn't have done me any good and I still don't. I've already said I'm not a super expert player like Mkv. Also, I don't like using 3 star units when I can use stronger 4 and 5 star units.

But you don't need to come up with your own strategies. All of the free 3* units have neutral natures, and stats are fixed at level 40 (and possibly at each level for each nature.) At level 40, you would have had the exact same stats that Mkv had. All you had to do was watch the video, pause after every move, and copy it exactly on your game. The AI follows predictable rules that people have mostly figured out.

And in this case, the 3 star units were better suited to clearing the GHB than your 4 or 5 star units. You were super frustrated by those GHBs and complained a crapton. But the solution was in front of you every single time. People linked those videos to you. If you didn't have the free units for one GHB, then fine. But you had weeks in between to pick up units for later GHBs. There is no strategy required. All you had to do was level them up to the same level (and you have crystals/shards and updates that made leveling 3* units easier) and copy someone's work step-by-step. What part of this are you not capable of doing? You don't have to understand how they do it. You just have to do it. You can pause video and rewind. The only reason you didn't do this was because you didn't want to and then complained about there not being a solution. 

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

and you don't have a dancer.

That's more or less a teambuilding issue, though, your units weren't bad, but certain match-ups were horrible for you since you're specialized in beating the crap out of physical teams while being so-so against mage lineups.

...What? Dude, I have all three dancers.

But yeah, teambuilding has been a problem for me. I just don't have enough mage killing units and couldn't learn how to build good teams in general.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

First of all, the only reason I held the grudge against you in the first place is because you have not shown evidence of being a different person. If I sent you that exact same review now as I did then, your response would pretty much be the same. Which is why I haven't forgiven you. Because you haven't shown me that you have become the person who wouldn't do that.

Also, people agreeing with you that I was being immature doesn't make it true. You know why? Because people tell one-sided stories that don't always include the full truth and nothing but the truth. Your lacking of people's feelings and motivations also makes you unfit to explain to people why I was actually upset at you. Besides, I have just as many people ready to back up the statement that you're immature as well, and they can all cite their own evidence for it too. I don't even mind naming my sources either.

It still makes you immature. And I am a different person from back then. But if you don't see it, that's your problem and I can't control that.

The thing is, there are very FEW things you've shown to know very well what you're talking about.

So I'm just unintelligent/stupid. Okay then. Now who's doing personal attacks?

Edited by Anacybele

Cut.  It.  Out.

Ana, stay or leave, that's your decision. But if you do leave, then I expect you to leave - if I see any complaints about Heroes in this subforum from you, that's grounds for a warning.

Boron, this isn't worth pushing.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And sure, I'll be happy to go.

I really hope you don't mean this :(

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well you can alternatively use higher leveled stand ins for the characters mkv uses. That's what I did to help GuiltyLove clear Ursula's battle with Ursula on her team. There was a video (not mkv) made by someone and I think she only had a 3 star Stahl. I said for her to use 4 star Xander and with a little improv she was able to do it!

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So... Not that great?

It's... usable, but not great, yes. Selena has amazing mixed bulk even with -Def, +Atk also helps her offenses, so she can either run her default sit on fort with TA build or, I don't know, grab a Wo Dao+ and Moonbow things to death with fury.

The thing is, that kind of build steps on a lot of toes, Karel, notably, can run the exact same set without problems.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

It's... usable, but not great, yes. Selena has amazing mixed bulk even with -Def, +Atk also helps her offenses, so she can either run her default sit on fort with TA build or, I don't know, grab a Wo Dao+ and Moonbow things to death with fury.

The thing is, that kind of build steps on a lot of toes, Karel, notably, can run the exact same set without problems.

Mhmm, I see. I kinda like her (I don't know, I like getting yelled at I guess), so I was thinking of raising her someday. This is the only Selena I have, though...

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Cut.  It.  Out.

Ana, stay or leave, that's your decision. But if you do leave, then I expect you to leave - if I see any complaints about Heroes in this subforum from you, that's grounds for a warning.

Fair enough. You're right.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I really hope you don't mean this :(

Well you can alternatively use higher leveled stand ins for the characters mkv uses. That's what I did to help GuiltyLove clear Ursula's battle with Ursula on her team. There was a video (not mkv) made by someone and I think she only had a 3 star Stahl. I said for her to use 4 star Xander and with a little improv she was able to do it!

Sorry, but I do, Arcanite. I really am sorry especially to you though. You're one of the coolest people I've seen here. And I see.

Hey training the free 3* is fun. :P

I mean I only have 7 of them at 40, but I'm working to get them all to level 40 at some point, since cheesing GHBs with Hector, etc. is no fun.

Like, when I get all the free units to 3* level 40 with no SI, hopefully I can clear all non-arena content with just those.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mhmm, I see. I kinda like her (I don't know, I like getting yelled at I guess), so I was thinking of raising her someday. This is the only Selena I have, though...

Then run with it, it's not bad at all. Certainly not worse than =Selena. (Note: -Hp is her best bane, and either +Atk, +Spd, or +Def would be her preferred boon.)

She's very flexible though, and her 'ideal' build seems to be something like Armorslayer+, Ignis, Fury 3, free B-slot, free C-slot, with +Spd/-Hp. She one rounds basically everything with Ignis up, and with her utterly ridiculous bulk on a fort, it will be up.

Edit: 

Spoiler

This is the build I'm using right now, it's pretty nice.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, Fruity Insanity said:

Hey training the free 3* is fun. :P

I mean I only have 7 of them at 40, but I'm working to get them all to level 40 at some point, since cheesing GHBs with Hector, etc. is no fun.

Like, when I get all the free units to 3* level 40 with no SI, hopefully I can clear all non-arena content with just those.

If it's fun for you, awesome. More power to ya.

But I find it more fun to use 4 and 5 star units. I just feel...lower for using the weaker 3 star units. I also get them killed too much because they're weaker... >_<

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's alright, but the last time I checked they suggested Escape Route for her B skill.  I should probably go look again.

Hmm, if you have a +SPD Lyn, Escape Route could be pretty cool so that she can be a teleporting assassin. Maybe bring a mage cavalry with, like, Seal Speed and Spur Attack, move them to chip an enemy, and have Lyn teleport in and finish them off. Not at all efficient or optimal, but it sounds fun.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I find it more fun to use 4 and 5 star units. I just feel...lower for using the weaker 3 star units. I also get them killed too much because they're weaker... >_<

Then follow the strategy shown in those videos exactly. And what's worse? Failing to complete a challenge and complaining about it or doing something different and completing it? Beating a challenge with weaker units or fewer resources is typically considered a sign of skill. 

1 minute ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Then follow the strategy shown in those videos exactly. And what's worse? Failing to complete a challenge and complaining about it or doing something different and completing it? Beating a challenge with weaker units or fewer resources is typically considered a sign of skill. 

Right, but that still means I have to level them up first. And the last couple times I tried leveling 3 stars to 40, I had a hard time. This was after the update that increased exp gain for 4 star and lower rarity units too.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, for me personally, I've always played FE for the challenge, so that's what I try to do via using the free units.

Yes, it's more limiting. Yes, they're weaker. Yes, it's more difficult. But that's exactly why I do it.

Of course, I still only use my best units for Arena since Arena is all about that sweet min-maxing, but I may as well challenge myself for other content.

Although it was mkv that inspired me on this quest. I think it's cool that the game offers a way to clear all the content with just the free characters. Goes to show that even if you were the most unlucky person on the planet and only pulled Wrys, Fir, Bartre, and Odin, you can complete everything the game has to offer.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I do, Arcanite. I really am sorry especially to you though. You're one of the coolest people I've seen here. And I see.

:'(

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now that is something I can agree with XD. Especially after Ice dragon's challenge on the Zephiel Map. I brought Azura, Olivia, Nino, and Male robin to the Ursula map and it was pretty much gg lol. So I can see your frustrations there....

I only train my 3 stars up if its someone like nino who needs the extra SP anyway.

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

I mean, for me personally, I've always played FE for the challenge, so that's what I try to do via using the free units.

Yes, it's more limiting. Yes, they're weaker. Yes, it's more difficult. But that's exactly why I do it.

Of course, I still only use my best units for Arena since Arena is all about that sweet min-maxing, but I may as well challenge myself for other content.

Although it was mkv that inspired me on this quest. I think it's cool that the game offers a way to clear all the content with just the free characters. Goes to show that even if you were the most unlucky person on the planet and only pulled Wrys, Fir, Bartre, and Odin, you can complete everything the game has to offer.

I see.

And yeah, that is nice. But it still feels like you have to be really really good to just use the free 3 star units. Like you said yourself, it adds more challenge. I like a little challenge myself, but not so much that I just get frustrated a lot...

52 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just realized that after all this time, I still haven't pulled a Young Tiki

The common units are avoiding me! D:

Young Tiki is a common unit? I've pulled exactly zero of her :/

Then again, I've pulled about ten 3* Shannas and lots of people haven't seen hide nor hair of her, so a common unit to someone might be the opposite to someone else, lol

I did pull a single Adult Tiki way back in the day at 3*, but I sacrificed her for SI with Bonfire, iirc,

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Then run with it, it's not bad at all. Certainly not worse than =Selena. (Note: -Hp is her best bane, and either +Atk, +Spd, or +Def would be her preferred boon.)

She's very flexible though, and her 'ideal' build seems to be something like Armorslayer+, Ignis, Fury 3, free B-slot, free C-slot, with +Spd/-Hp. She one rounds basically everything with Ignis up, and with her utterly ridiculous bulk on a fort, it will be up.

Edit: 

Reveal hidden contents

This is the build I'm using right now, it's pretty nice.

That bulk with that Speed is pretty nice, but damn that Attack is kinda low. I guess +Atk is pretty good then, since her Speed is already pretty amazing. 29 Def at 4* is also pretty amazing. I might pick something else other than Ignis, though, since -Def.

Times like this, I wish you could just take a skill away from a unit permanently, and put it onto another without losing the original unit itself. I need that TA.

6 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Hmm, if you have a +SPD Lyn, Escape Route could be pretty cool so that she can be a teleporting assassin. Maybe bring a mage cavalry with, like, Seal Speed and Spur Attack, move them to chip an enemy, and have Lyn teleport in and finish them off. Not at all efficient or optimal, but it sounds fun.

Pssh... Nothin personnel...kid...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, Extrasolar said:

I did pull a single Adult Tiki way back in the day at 3*, but I sacrificed her for SI with Bonfire, iirc,

I had like seven adult Tikis at both 3⋆ and 4⋆. Four 3⋆s remain, others gifted Bonfire and left.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Right, but that still means I have to level them up first. And the last couple times I tried leveling 3 stars to 40, I had a hard time. This was after the update that increased exp gain for 4 star and lower rarity units too.

There have been numerous EXP boost events. You have stamina potions. Reroll each stratum until you get colour-favourable units. My god, 3 stars can gain EXP from units like 10 levels below them. You never have to leave the hard strata.