Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That bulk with that Speed is pretty nice, but damn that Attack is kinda low. I guess +Atk is pretty good then, since her Speed is already pretty amazing. 29 Def at 4* is also pretty amazing. I might pick something else other than Ignis, though, since -Def.

Note that she's not even level 40. Selena's stats are fair and balanced.

To be honest, while Selena likes having a good attack stat, she seem to want spd or def more, since she's so bulky that she has all the time in the world to kill people anyway. She does get +4 Atk @ 5* rather than +3 with a boon, though, so there's that. To be honest, +Atk Selena is a completely different character from other Selena variants, if only because 29/35 offenses are actually passable as offense stats---this means things like Silver Sword, L&D, Braves, etc. start looking attractive.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

There have been numerous EXP boost events. You have stamina potions. Reroll each stratum until you get colour-favourable units. My god, 3 stars can gain EXP from units like 10 levels below them. You never have to leave the hard strata.

I know, I was taking advantage of the current exp boost event by leveling up some characters. And I do reset the stratums until I get favorable matchups. Yet I still have trouble sometimes. And if I used my stamina potions every time I ran out of stamina, I'd have none left by now. xP

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see.

And yeah, that is nice. But it still feels like you have to be really really good to just use the free 3 star units. Like you said yourself, it adds more challenge. I like a little challenge myself, but not so much that I just get frustrated a lot...

It's all about how you look at it.

Don't look at the game as something you NEED to do well in. You don't NEED to score well in Arena. Is it nice if you do? Of course. But is it NECESSARY? Not at all.

It's something you STRIVE to do well in - and as long as you try with an open mind, I believe improvement will naturally follow.

But, all said and done, as others have recommended, a break from the game is probably due. Don't quit completely since you already spent money (muh sunk cost fallacy), but having a bit of time away from the game to clear your head might be good for you.

5 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

My god, 3 stars can gain EXP from units like 10 levels below them. You never have to leave the hard strata.

Wait, really? Is this a thing? That's...pretty funny if that's the case.

Oh, and the fact that higher rarity means more experience to max level? Laaaame, in my opinion. :/

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I had like seven adult Tikis at both 3⋆ and 4⋆. Four 3⋆s remain, others gifted Bonfire and left.

Now that I think about it, I'd love to pull as many Adult Tikis as you have, just because I have so many high defense units that would love Bonfire (Seliph, Merric, Xander, Effie...) And all I have is this one 3* Henry fodder I have to decide who I'm sacrificing to. ;-;

Edited by Extrasolar

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, and the fact that higher rarity means more experience to max level? Laaaame, in my opinion. :/

Not exactly. The XP required is the same for everybody. The range of enemies to give XP is different indeed though.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Honestly, it's probably better in the long run for most units so they can try to maximize that SP gain. Especially for units that only come as a natural 5*. Those hardly ever have enough SP to max their own skills, not even mentioning Skill Inheritance...

I'm pretty sure it's just that 5* units gain less EXP in general rather than needing more of it.

Edited by Otorio

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

To be honest, while Selena likes having a good attack stat, she seem to want spd or def more, since she's so bulky that she has all the time in the world to kill people anyway. She does get +4 Atk @ 5* rather than +3 with a boon, though, so there's that. To be honest, +Atk Selena is a completely different character from other Selena variants, if only because 29/35 offenses are actually passable as offense stats---this means things like Silver Sword, L&D, Braves, etc. start looking attractive.

Speaking of which, do you happen to know what causes some stats to gain 4 points instead of 3 for Boon?

I know Killing Edge is usually mediocre, but how's that on Selena with Ignis or something? I hear people like Killer weapons on bulky units.

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Don't look at the game as something you NEED to do well in. You don't NEED to score well in Arena. Is it nice if you do? Of course. But is it NECESSARY? Not at all.

It's something you STRIVE to do well in - and as long as you try with an open mind, I believe improvement will naturally follow.

But, all said and done, as others have recommended, a break from the game is probably due. Don't quit completely since you already spent money (muh sunk cost fallacy), but having a bit of time away from the game to clear your head might be good for you.

Yeah, but... I understand what you're saying, I completely do. But since other people here do so well, it'd be nice if I could too...

But you're right, I technically don't NEED to do well.

And I keep taking these breaks and keep saying I'll quit, but I keep coming back and then I'm told I should take a break again... This just starts to get irritating after awhile. Not placing blame for this on anyone in particular, I swear, I'm just saying.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Speaking of which, do you happen to know what causes some stats to gain 4 points instead of 3 for Boon?

I know Killing Edge is usually mediocre, but how's that on Selena with Ignis or something? I hear people like Killer weapons on bulky units.

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Yeah, but... I understand what you're saying, I completely do. But since other people here do so well, it'd be nice if I could too...

And I keep taking these breaks and keep saying I'll quit, but I keep coming back and then I'm told I should take a break again... This just starts to get irritating after awhile. Not placing blame for this on anyone in particular, I swear, I'm just saying.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think the wiki has a page on how stat growths work. Non-HP stats at like 24/25/26 often get a +4 boon. I recall a lot of stats that are at like 17-19 getting -4 for a bane. 38/39/40 HP often gets a -4 bane too.

Selena with Ignis explodes things even if she had -Atk. That said, not much point to KE Ignis, Bonfire Silver does about the same damage (you do 1 whole damage less if you manage an Ignis proc every other hit, which shouldn't happen, meaning Bonfire Silver usually out damages.) I can see a Vantage KE Ignis build to really mess up someone's day, but that's more of a 'fuck you' build than a good all around build. Selena has no problems charging her Ignis because, unlike other bulky units, she has 35 speed and 2 move. She can hit things for special charge.

Stats gaining 4 points is a matter of growth rates, which is a function of starting stats and growth rates. A rule of thumb is: 23/24/25 get +4 with a boon, 27/28/29 get -4 with a bane. That's only a rule of thumb, though, easier just to wiki the stats.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just now, GaleforceAbuse said:

I think the wiki has a page on how stat growths work. Non-HP stats at like 24/25/26 often get a +4 boon. I recall a lot of stats that are at like 17-19 getting -4 for a bane. 38/39/40 HP often gets a -4 bane too.

Huh, that's interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Part of me thinks that they should have smoothed this out so Bane/Boon gains are standardized.

3 minutes ago, Otorio said:

Honestly, it's probably better in the long run for most units so they can try to maximize that SP gain. Especially for units that only come as a natural 5*. Those hardly ever have enough SP to max their own skills, not even mentioning Skill Inheritance...

True, I didn't think of it this way. I guess the only reason I got anything approaching a quick build on my most recent few level 40s is because of Double SP, not to mention my Nino that started as a 3* having a ton of SP by the time I promoted her to buy Gronnblade and most of her skills right off the bat. Not to mention, SI's steep 1.5x costs can be pretty punishing on trying to set up that perfect build. On people like Karel I'm lucky in that I only had to SI in Fury, so his build was pretty cheap.

Huh, that's interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Part of me thinks that they should have smoothed this out so Bane/Boon gains are standardized.

It's actually the growth rates that cause the 1 or 2 point of BST difference between same class units. (Trainees and Jagens are special, they seem to get +4 and -4 for being a trainee or Jagen.)

I like the lower rarity = more exp levelling thing. Yeah, 5*s get less exp per kill for the same enemy, but they actually have what it takes to take on 10th stratum enemies. Pitting a 3* against 10th stratum? It's not impossible, but unless it's Tsubaki vs 4 swords that isn't draug emblem, you're in for a really rough time. 

I usually level 5*s at 3-5 levels over their level until the top (then it's just as high as I can get), whereas upper level 3*s--like free units to do mkv strats in case the units I have on my alt don't cut it-- I can level about 5 below and still be fine.

It's nice.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Selena with Ignis explodes things even if she had -Atk. That said, not much point to KE Ignis, Bonfire Silver does about the same damage (you do 1 whole damage less if you manage an Ignis proc every other hit, which shouldn't happen, meaning Bonfire Silver usually out damages.) I can see a Vantage KE Ignis build to really mess up someone's day, but that's more of a 'fuck you' build than a good all around build. Selena has no problems charging her Ignis because, unlike other bulky units, she has 35 speed and 2 move. She can hit things for special charge.

Stats gaining 4 points is a matter of growth rates, which is a function of starting stats and growth rates. A rule of thumb is: 23/24/25 get +4 with a boon, 27/28/29 get -4 with a bane. That's only a rule of thumb, though, easier just to wiki the stats.

Ah, shame. I guess I'll look for Silver Sword+ or Wo Dao+ then. The former is easy. After blowing a bunch of time and resources on Kagerou and Effie, Selena won't be a 5* any time soon, so maybe I will get that Wo Dao+ before then.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like others have mentioned, this is a forum dedicated to Fire Emblem, and as such, there are people who are more hardcore. 

Trust me, I have friends who play this game completely casually and you are by no means any worse than they are. Just because you aren't a top Arena scorer it doesn't make you bad.

You didn't get ranked? Sure, there are only 100,000 ranks (before update). Out of potentially millions of players. Not being ranked just means you aren't in like the top 5% or something. No big deal.

Also, you don't have to quit - but if you don't, you have to approach these situations differently. You said it yourself, other people complain too. Yes, but it's HOW a complaint is made that is important. You just have to have the patience.

And if it helps, if you want to write a complaint post, just pretend Boron or Rey are watching over your shoulder waiting to see what you have to say to call you out on it (no offense to either of them, of course) - then look at what you wrote and ask yourself "Is this what others want to hear from me?"

It'd save your hide from roasting 9 times out of 10.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

5 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

On people like Karel I'm lucky in that I only had to SI in Fury, so his build was pretty cheap.

For my Navarre: wo dao+: 300+450 SP, L&D3: 75+150+300 SP. 1250 SP total. My oh my. He's at 302 right now :D

Then again, I don't have a Karel yet.

Ah, shame. I guess I'll look for Silver Sword+ or Wo Dao+ then. The former is easy. After blowing a bunch of time and resources on Kagerou and Effie, Selena won't be a 5* any time soon, so maybe I will get that Wo Dao+ before then.

Note that Armorslayer+ is perfectly acceptable as sword. Ignis explodes everything with low Def, high Def units tend to be armors, Armorslayers tend to slay armors.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

For my Navarre: wo dao+: 300+450 SP, L&D3: 75+150+300 SP. 1250 SP total. My oh my. He's at 302 right now :D

o.o

I know you'll be glad when he's finally finished. The grind will be intense! Don't worry, I'm hoping for more Double SP events too...

In a "changes I want to see in FE Heroes video" I watched earlier, one of the things was making double SP permanent. I'm 100% for that, just to lessen the grind.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Then again, I don't have a Karel yet.

What hurts me more than looking at those SP costs is thinking about the 5* units you have to sacrifice for that build...

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just realized that after all this time, I still haven't pulled a Young Tiki

The common units are avoiding me! D:

How is Young Tiki, a 5* exclusive character, a common unit?