Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I kind of like Xander, but considering I'm swimming in 5* sword units, I wasn't in any rush to promote him.

I don't dislike him or anything, but I don't feel comfortable promoting him when I already have two other Distant Counter red swords. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just faced off against a team who had a 40+4 Tiki!Y who was not only without SI, but also only had Breath of Life 2.

Edit: And now it's the Hero Fest squad with 40+1 Azura and Hector, 40+2 Takumi and 40+4 Ryoma.

Edited by LuxSpes

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Klein refuses to join his sister or mock sister in my castle :(

Eirika refuses to join her brother.

Eldigan also refuses to join his sister.

Karel refuses to join his niece and brother-in-law.

M!Corrin refuses to join his female clone and the majority of his Hoshidon and Nohrian siblings (with Elise and Hinoka also refusing to join)

Minerva hasn't come to Maria (and Michalis...)'s crying.

Honestly, so much for family loyalty! xD

I feel this. Besides the obvious Alfonse and Sharena, I think only the pegasus sisters are together on my file. (Well, and Julia and Seliph by virtue of me not having either of them, but that's neither here nor there.)

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Klein refuses to join his sister or mock sister in my castle :(

Eirika refuses to join her brother.

Eldigan also refuses to join his sister.

Karel refuses to join his niece and brother-in-law.

M!Corrin refuses to join his female clone and the majority of his Hoshidon and Nohrian siblings (with Elise and Hinoka also refusing to join)

Minerva hasn't come to Maria (and Michalis...)'s crying.

Honestly, so much for family loyalty! xD

For me, It's Lachesis who won't come home to her brother. Excluding Corrin F, Ryoma has yet to get visits from any of his siblings while Leo and Elise are avoiding their older siblings. Julia is still standing up her half-brother as well while Hector is choosing to neglect his daughter. Karel, Corrin M and Minerva have also refused to meet up with their relatives at my castle (though in Karel's case I currently only have Fir). It's like you said, family bonds apparently mean nothing these days despite the fact that we had two consecutive banners that basically focused on them.

11 minutes ago, Iris said:

I wonder how many of us have fought against SF users in the arena without actually realizing it.

I've never fought anyona but someone has fought me in the past

Also you have a Setsuna with a brave bow.......

Is that Quadsuna?

12 minutes ago, Iris said:

I wonder how many of us have fought against SF users in the arena without actually realizing it.

I recently fought @Anacybele's arena defense team (how many other Kelly's would be using Frederick/Ike/Robins? 

Oh wow, that's my team alright. lol Be careful, a lot of people have lost to this group! :P (though considering you have Nino and a Brave Bow Setsuna there, I imagine you probably won already).

And yes, you won't find many others using a 5 star Freddy and Ike together with two Robins. lol

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I've never fought anyona but someone has fought me in the past

Also you have a Setsuna with a brave bow.......

Is that Quadsuna?

It is! Well, the slightly budget version of Quadsuna, since I'm F2P and I don't have no spare Life and Death 3s lying around. I also run Life and Death 2 on Nino, and it has sufficed as well. I'm replacing Marth as soon as I get enough feathers to 5* Olivia (Fury 3/Swordbreaker 3 fun times), since I think she'll synergize better with Nino and Setsuna. Basically my arena team will be made up of units that you can't pull at 5* . . . probably because in the rare chances I do pull a 5*, they're not the best. I have 5 Ninos and 5 Setsunas, so I just took the best IVs  I had (+atk/-def, +spd/-def respectively).

People told me Setsuna wasn't worth the investment, but she's actually my Arena MVP, and has made going deathless a lot easier. Shame she has a low BST. Worth the 48,000 feathers I put into her.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh wow, that's my team alright. lol Be careful, a lot of people have lost to this group! :P (though considering you have Nino and a Brave Bow Setsuna there, I imagine you probably won already).

And yes, you won't find many others using a 5 star Freddy and Ike together with two Robins. lol

Yeah, I did win. I think most arena teams work, but my assumption is that Ike is doing a lot of heavy lifting on your current arena team (he's obviously the most formidable unit), and most people tend to surrender if they get one death which Ike should normally be able to accomplish (since to rank high you need to go deathless). You run a lot of green units when the arena meta is very red centric, so I recommend running someone different than F!Robin even if you 5* her thanks to her low damage output. Considering the amount of reds people run, Azura could be a really good choice, especially if you toss WoM2 on her so she can dance Ike if he doesn't finish off the job in one round.

3 minutes ago, Iris said:

so I recommend running someone different than F!Robin even if you 5* her thanks to her low damage output. Considering the amount of reds people run, Azura could be a really good choice, especially if you toss WoM2 on her so she can dance Ike if he doesn't finish off the job in one round.

If you're [Ana] dead set on running F!Robin, please please please take off Gronnwolf and give her a Gronnraven if you can. It makes her better in literally every way (more defensive power, like M!Robin, and more offensive threat too). Also she def. wants a Passive C skill~

I hate to say it but Gronnwolf F!Robin is not very threatening. If you're netting Defensive wins, it's easily not because of Gronnwolf. 

I'd personally run Azura over F!Robin unless she was heavily tweaked out with Gronnraven/GR+

Edited by Elieson

Whew, alright, got the builds set up, now I just gotta grind that SP.

4* Nowi's (don't know her nature quite yet, since she's only level 35 and I didn't check when I rolled her way back when) got Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte alongside Threaten Res and Ignis, thinking of sticking Swordbreaker on her and running her as my main Ike counter, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet.

4* +Atk, -HP Effie is just fine with all of her vanilla skills, and now it's only a matter of grinding out that 100 SP I need to unlock that Brave Lance... ;):

5* +Def, -Atk Takumi has got his vanilla skills, alongside Quick Riposte.

Think I've got a good build start here with my 5*  +Def, -Res Seliph, with Brave Sword, Swordbreaker 3 and Ignis.

My 4* Neutral Chrom is much of the same: Brave Sword, Sol, Swordbreaker 3, and Threaten Atk 2

So for their open A slots, I still can't decide on who Death Blow 2 from my Effie fodder should go on between those two. I looked up stats, and I'm surprised to find that my Chrom actually has a better base attack than my Seliph (37 to Seliph's 34, even with a whole rarity tier below him!), and is only one point inferior in Spd (factoring in Brave speed nerf), and it's not like either of them are gonna be doubling naturally anytime soon. Seliph's got 4 Res over Chrom, but both die to mages instantly anyway. Seliph's Def boon gives him 4 more Def than Chrom. So he's weaker on the attack, but better on the defense, though he does lack the heal from Sol that Chrom has.

I just might keep Armored Blow 3 on Seliph and give Death Blow to Chrom, but I can't decide. ;-;

Edited by Extrasolar

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel this. Besides the obvious Alfonse and Sharena, I think only the pegasus sisters are together on my file. (Well, and Julia and Seliph by virtue of me not having either of them, but that's neither here nor there.)

Funnily enough, in one pull, I got Lucius, who was then followed by Priscilla, who was then joined by Raven. Priscilla and Lucius were new lol. 

I also somehow had Olwen recently come to join Reinhardt, which was nice. I like her as a character and her outfit is awesome... Ofc, I have the pegasus sisters and the other siblings I mentioned above, and I do have Julia and Seliph... But I've realised several of the characters I have left to get have siblings just waiting for them. Poor siblings. 

@Tybrosion

I'd happily swap you. My Lachesis for your Eldigan xD 

Ofc, my Lachesis is four star and really not that useful... It's a great deal all round :D 

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Funnily enough, in one pull, I got Lucius, who was then followed by Priscilla, who was then joined by Raven. Priscilla and Lucius were new lol. 

I also somehow had Olwen recently come to join Reinhardt, which was nice. I like her as a character and her outfit is awesome... Ofc, I have the pegasus sisters and the other siblings I mentioned above, and I do have Julia and Seliph... But I've realised several of the characters I have left to get have siblings just waiting for them. Poor siblings. 

@Tybrosion

I'd happily swap you. My Lachesis for your Eldigan xD 

Ofc, my Lachesis is four star and really not that useful... It's a great deal all round :D 

oh..i just noticed my roommate's Nino...

ee9950368cc938bb29c35c0652690a4e.png

i feel responsible for not warning him about Glimmer. not that Nino even needs a special to murder everything! but actually...would Glimmer be alright on Nino? since she draws damage from all the buffs, Glimmer could actually target that bonus damage, and considering how much damage buffed Nino does...not bad?

why does it seem i only ever talk about Glimmer these days

Edited by wizzard of soz

I feel like things Nino is doing 0 damage to are things she should stay away from in the first place, so it probably should be fine?

Only need 900 more sp to finish my Azura, so looks like everyone who friended me is going to be awfully disappointed with her makeup. On the bright side my Julia is now a legit goddess so I'd say it balances out :)

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel like things Nino is doing 0 damage to are things she should stay away from in the first place, so it probably should be fine?

fair point.

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Moonbow so she can actually proc her special during her matches, @wizzard of soz

also fair point. that's what i would've gone for, too. and plus, the targets she's likely going to need a special against are high resistance ones, which hey, Moonbow targets. 

i asked him how Glimmer's working out and he forgot he even put it on her lol. 

I did some SP grinding and discovered that it's actually possible to be graced by five enemies with Wings of Mercy at once in the training tower. How lovely.

Anyways, I'm currently sending characters who are useless for skill inheritance home, and I'm honestly kind of disappointed that I have to keep someone like Xander around in case a future GHB quest requires him. Like. He just takes up all my space and I'm so close to the limit right now.

I just made a notepad list to cross-reference who from SF I have in my friends list and who was expendable. It turns out I shouldn't have worried about it because I only have 22 friends! Which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it :/

Actually I just realized that since this is a mage gauntlet (sometimes things slip past me ok?) there's no need to take fortify res off of Azura, so I guess I just need 450 sp, 150 if I feel like slacking. Now that's much more manageable, time to get grinding!

Everyone join Team Julia! We will bring our goddess a glorious victory!

Just now, Tybrosion said:

@Cute Chao

I've actually gotten Eldigan twice so if I could, I would be willing to unmerge my +1 Eldigan and give you the second one. Too bad trading will almost certainly never be a thing in this game but eh, what can you do.

I had three Lachesis' at one point. So we're basically stealing each other's pulls of characters the other wants xD 

2 hours ago, Iris said:

Yeah, I did win. I think most arena teams work, but my assumption is that Ike is doing a lot of heavy lifting on your current arena team (he's obviously the most formidable unit), and most people tend to surrender if they get one death which Ike should normally be able to accomplish (since to rank high you need to go deathless). You run a lot of green units when the arena meta is very red centric, so I recommend running someone different than F!Robin even if you 5* her thanks to her low damage output. Considering the amount of reds people run, Azura could be a really good choice, especially if you toss WoM2 on her so she can dance Ike if he doesn't finish off the job in one round.

This is only my defense team though, not the team I'm actually using to do battle (why do people keep assuming this?). What I was thinking of when making this my defense team was something that I ended up losing to very easily myself. It's called a trap team. My lead unit is Ike, someone common now who'd go down easily to magic. Someone with Reinhardt or Linde or another blue mage is likely to challenge, for instance.

That's where female Robin and Frederick come in. Freddy can die to those two mages too, but not if he gets to them first. And female Robin is an uncommon character in the arena who eats horses and blue tomes. Male Robin is there for extra magic.

I was baited by a team with Lucina as the lead while the other three units were magic wielders. I made a physical unit my lead as well with two other units as magic wielders. People will go against my team thinking it's more physical, but nope! And they get a surprise out of female Robin and Freddy since they're uncommon. Nobody expects any greens except Nino maybe. :P

This team has gotten me more arena defense wins than any other I've tried on this side of things. Including against teams with swordies as their leaders (two of the teams that lost had Ryoma as the lead, for instance). And several had horses at the lead.

People seem to forget about female Robin, by the way. Yeah, she doesn't have a high damage output, but she's the hardest counter to Reinhardt there is and everybody seems to hate him. She'd also be handy for the Ursula battle which just returned. :P And like I said, she eats horses in general and is probably great on an anti-cavalry team.