Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Did anyone notice in the trailer that Boey did 30 extra damage with Ignis?

If those are his actual stats, that would give him 37 or 38 Def depending on rounding. With 3 adjacent allies, a fortify def 3 buff, a spur def 3 buff, and 3 or more HP than his opponent he would have an effective 57 or 58 Def. And then there is the possibility of being +def...

Hes a fricken mage.

Granted his HP was only 35 so his A skill doesn't seem like the best for him. He would probably be pretty nasty with Close Counter though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Did anyone notice in the trailer that Boey did 30 extra damage with Ignis?

If those are his actual stats, that would give him 37 or 38 Def depending on rounding. With 3 adjacent allies, a fortify def 3 buff, a spur def 3 buff, and 3 or more HP than his opponent he would have an effective 57 or 58 Def. And then there is the possibility of being +def...

Hes a fricken mage.

Granted his HP was only 35 so his A skill doesn't seem like the best for him. He would probably be pretty nasty with Close Counter though.

His Earth Boost and tome effect could have been active at the time, inflating his Def. I don't think he'll actually be THAT ridiculous...

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

His Earth Boost and tome effect could have been active at the time, inflating his Def. I don't think he'll actually be THAT ridiculous...

His Earth Boost absolutely wasn't active, he had 35 HP to his enemy's 37.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

he had less HP than the armor he was attacking. And I don't think spur buffs are factored into bonus damage for skills like ignis and glacies. I assume the tome effects work the same as spurs.

Edited by Hawk King

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

His Earth Boost absolutely wasn't active, he had 35 HP to his enemy's 37.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

he had less HP than the armor he was attacking. And I don't think spur buffs are factored into bonus damage for skills like ignis and glacies. I assume the tome effects work the same as spurs.

He has invisible grey life

Spurs DO affect Specials like Ignis, according to Ice Dragon's research.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Spurs DO affect Specials like Ignis, according to Ice Dragon's research.

Ok, yeah that's right. I was thinking of blade tomes. That still puts his defense at 31 minimum.

If I change my castle design from the last one to the first one does it get rid of the +100% exp bonus?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It won't.

Shame, wanted to do sp training at low levels, shouldn't have gotten the castle upgrades :/

Since I'm making Blade Emblem for offense, I'm slightly tempted to construct Owl Emblem for defence. Luckily, ravens and actual physical units might outweigh that.

Spoiler

Also, no way I'm justifying looking for the ingredients. I have a Tana to wait for.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Since I'm making Blade Emblem for offense, I'm slightly tempted to construct Owl Emblem for defence. Luckily, ravens and actual physical units might outweigh that.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, no way I'm justifying looking for the ingredients. I have a Tana to wait for.

The problem is that Owl Emblem would require your units to stick with each other, and the AI is pretty easy to separate via baiting :/

(I'm assuming you're talking about Arena defense)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The problem is that Owl Emblem would require your units to stick with each other, and the AI is pretty easy to separate via baiting :/

(I'm assuming you're talking about Arena defense)

Yep. I'll be sticking to Ryoma/Robin/Sharena/Klein there.

Besides, as it turns out, I am actually really bad at Arena Offense, so I need Blade Emblem done as quickly as possible (which, ironically, requires I get better at Arena Offense...)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Yep. I'll be sticking to Ryoma/Robin/Sharena/Klein there.

Besides, as it turns out, I am actually really bad at Arena Offense, so I need Blade Emblem done as quickly as possible (which, ironically, requires I get better at Arena Offense...)

On the flipside, Owl tomes may actually be really good on the new defense maps :O I assume they'll be rotating the maps so that some season have fort maps and some seasons don't, so maybe you could run both a Blade team and an Owl team depending on the season (though that could be expensive).

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

On the flipside, Owl tomes may actually be really good on the new defense maps :O I assume they'll be rotating the maps so that some season have fort maps and some seasons don't, so maybe you could run both a Blade team and an Owl team depending on the season (though that could be expensive).

My Arena score this season looks like it'll be 1921. I think I really need to start focusing on improving my team if I want Blade Emblem done before Blades get nerfed.

My Xander has been outperforming my Ike so far. They both get doubled by many things (my Ike is +Def/-Spd), but Xander tanks even harder, receives cavalry buffs from Reinhardt, and also has the Distant Counter/QR2 combo. On top of that he has greater mobility. It's sad to see one of my favorite characters practically rendered obsolete this quickly.

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

My Xander has been outperforming my Ike so far. They both get doubled by many things (my Ike is +Def/-Spd), but Xander tanks even harder, receives cavalry buffs from Reinhardt, and also has the Distant Counter/QR2 combo. On top of that he has greater mobility. It's sad to see one of my favorite characters practically rendered obsolete this quickly.

Yeaaaaaah... Ike does have his own gimmick with Heavy Blade and Aether, but Xander is shaping up to just be better with skill inheritance. A lot of Japanese players can't believe it either lol.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Not soon enough

When the inevitable bikini banner comes out, you can finally go request it lmao.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

When the inevitable bikini banner comes out, you can finally go request it lmao.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm actually not as excited about bikini banners as most people...or bikinis as fanservice in general. They're still nice, but I prefer something more...elegant? Something like a yukata or a wedding dress are more attractive to me as fanservice than swimsuits. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm actually not as excited about bikini banners as most people...or bikinis as fanservice in general. They're still nice, but I prefer something more...elegant? Something like a yukata or a wedding dress are more attractive to me as fanservice than swimsuits. 

I'm fine with anything, honestly. If it looks good, I'll pull for it.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm fine with anything, honestly. If it looks good, I'll pull for it.

I mean that's most people. The primary difference is what different people think "looks good".