Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Ah. As long as you're not talking about bikini FE Scathach then it's fine by me.

Hey, equal-gender fanservice is the way to the future!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm actually not as excited about bikini banners as most people...or bikinis as fanservice in general. They're still nice, but I prefer something more...elegant? Something like a yukata or a wedding dress are more attractive to me as fanservice than swimsuits. 

Eh, I can barely see what's so attractive myself. I mean, I kinda can, but not really.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If that means women are to wear swimming trunks only then...

Excuse me, I'll have to get some tissue.

I want an ugly sweater Christmas focus. And I want to see the most serious villainous characters in super ostentatious sweaters clearly knitted by their mothers or grandmothers. Christmas Michalis, Navarre, Zephiel (Can we have tiny disgruntled, Prince Zephiel?), and maybe even Ursula.  

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I want an ugly sweater Christmas focus. And I want to see the most serious villainous characters in super ostentatious sweaters clearly knitted by their mothers or grandmothers. Christmas Michalis, Navarre, Zephiel (Can we have tiny disgruntled, Prince Zephiel?), and maybe even Ursula.  

Frederick, Jeorge and Perceval in Weasley sweaters!

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Raigh and Lugh!!! ;A; And Jafar....and Nino... I bet you Nino would make all of them with her love for her boys. 

Likewise...I could see Frederick making sweaters for himself, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and Lissa. Ugh. There's so much potential for adorable sweaters.

Swimsuit banners? Hmm...

Garon in a fundoshi with a wooden makeshift fishing spear would be as eye-pleasing as Heihachi in a fundoshi. *eyes start to bleed from imagining this*

Edited by Kaden

I did some more thinking about herons and how they could be implemented. Despite them being pacifists, mono-dancer really isn't an option because it'd make them unable to have any skill in the offensive slot, while all other characters can have skills in all six slots. Which is the same reason why even before Ninian was announced, we figured out that she'd have to have dragon abilities to be included rather than being a mono-dancer like in FE7. The special slot would also be an issue, because Miracle is the only special that isn't restricted to specific weapon types, and it'd be especially bad on characters that can't increase their special counter except by getting hit. It would also have the funny problem of making it impossible to gain Exp and SP in battle because you have to fight or heal for that, so a mono-dancer would only be able to level up through shards/crystals and would be limited to the SP gained from leveling up (or merging). That part could be changed with an update to make dancing give Exp and SP, though. But that example also highlights that healing is the one current way for characters to gain Exp and SP outside of shards/crystals, and herons do have access to forms of healing magic in the games and story. Making them mono-healers wouldn't work either, since it wouldn't address the issue of being restricted to five skills, and herons are known for being dancers anyway so it'd be especially disappointing. But what if messing with skill functions a bit could give them access to all six skill slots and make them able to function as healer-dancers?

My thinking is that herons could have typical healing skills in their assist slot, while they have a music "weapon type" which doesn't have any actual "offensive" skills but does allow them to learn a Galdrar ability in their offensive skill slot, doing nothing in combat but adding a dance effect to their healing assists. They could also have other skills that apply different effects to their healing, like a Harsh Command effect, but it seems pretty unnecessary because no one would use them. This would also mean they could use typical healer specials, although those specifically have descriptions that specify healing "with a staff" so that could be updated to say "staff or song". It would also be important to add the Galdrar ability to the Sing/Dance pool of "skills that make each other not work on the user". A funny consequence of this is that it could make Physic work as a range 2 dance, although if necessary, it would be possible to block that from working by either restricting Physic to just actual staff users or making the added dance effect only apply to healing skills used on adjacent allies.

It'd be a bit odd to use the offensive skill slot for an effect that doesn't match other offensive skill functions and instead has the sort of effect that would be expected to go in a passive skill slot, but I think it would be received well. Also, while it would be possible to flip the two slots so that they instead have a regular Sing assist and then have healing effects applied by the offensive skill slot, I think having the dance effect by added by the offensive slot would work better. It'd minimize the number of new skills needed, better justify the compatibility with healer specials and the ability to gain Exp and SP, and make it so that a character with just the assist would actually be able to level up. (That last point would only become relevant if it ever became possible to get herons below 4*, which seems unlikely, but still. And if you get a 1*/2* Olivia, she can't even learn Dance until 3*, so dancing effects really seem like they're supposed to be secondary rather than primary.)

PSA, if you unequip Sing or Dance from your dancer units, they can be danced for.  It's great for power leveling.

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Don't forget Arthur.

6 hours ago, JSND said:

Speedo Camus or go home

I'll see that and raise you an Nolan.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, I for one can appreciate both. TMI

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

>an Nolan

Just like how Ike is an hero?

lol

I'm not really sure how I managed that one.  My first thought is that I type something like an olan, went back and added the N in the right spot and forget to delete the extra N.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

>an Nolan

Just like how Ike is an hero?

lol

I'm not really sure how I managed that one.  My first thought is that I type something like an olan, went back and added the N in the right spot and forget to delete the extra N.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He was such an hero, to facetank Reinhardt  and expect to live for no reason other than being Ike

You mean you don't run Miracle Ike? What kind of scrubby Ike are you using. Kappa.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He was such an hero, to facetank Reinhardt  and expect to live for no reason other than being Ike

4chan memes are the best memes even though they were so dark. They're a lot better than these modern forced memes

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

In speech, I likely would say 'an 'ero', since my accent tends to drop h's quite a lot xD

I know imagine you with a Cockney accent.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I know imagine you with a Cockney accent.

Nowhere near! 

More sort of farmery, although not quite. I'm in a very rural area. I would say my accent isn't particularly distinct, since I'm not Geordie, Cockney, Scouse, Brummie... or pretty much anything people would recognise, but put me in any other country and they'd likely know straight away that I'm English xD