• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Which units actually would like to have DC that aren't Hector?

Usually just armors, to be honest. They pretty much need DC because otherwise people just kite them to death. But Wary and DC basically guarantees at least one hit per armor unit---since it takes an obscene amount of Atk to OHKO an armor through all their hp, res, and def, meaning it's pretty nice on defense.

Gem weapon users can run a gem weapon and DC to just afk through all of a certain color.

Beyond that distant counter is more like a positioning skill (that is, an assist), than an A-slot skill. Since the biggest thing it does is let you counter-kill significantly easier, making runs more reliable thanks to easier positioning. Fliers with DC can be pretty interesting---since fliers fly, DC means they can kill mages by just sitting behind a mountain, ensuring only one fight a turn---since melees can't reach.

Hmm, considering armor archers and mages exist, I wonder if they would want Close Counter. Their problem would be being unable to run away from units, but positioning skills exist, so...

Distant Counter on units?... Besides Armors, Gem Wielders, and High RES units, the one that sticks out the most to me is Michalis.

Michalis - I like to imagine Michalis as a Flying Hector. Give Michalis Distant Counter and Quick Riposte and he is basically Hector with a "Killer Weapon Effect" instead of a "Free B Passive." Yes, Michalis is vulnerable to archers and is less bulky than Hector, but I like to think the extra MOV makes up for it. // Sadly, Michalis can fall short in the "ultra-lategame" of +10 merges due to his limited availability, unlike Hector.

For Neutral comparison...

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total	MOV
Hector		52	36	24	37	19	168	1, Armor
Michalis	43	34	26	35	19	157	2, Flying
		-9	-2	+2	-2	0	-11

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Distant Counter on units?... Besides Armors, Gem Wielders, and High RES units, the one that sticks out the most to me is Michalis.

Michalis - I like to imagine Michalis as a Flying Hector. Give Michalis Distant Counter and Quick Riposte and he is basically Hector with a "Killer Weapon Effect" instead of a "Free B Passive." Yes, Michalis is vulnerable to archers and is less bulky than Hector, but I like to think the extra MOV makes up for it. // Sadly, Michalis can fall short in the "ultra-lategame" of +10 merges due to his limited availability, unlike Hector.

For Neutral comparison...

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total	MOV
Hector		52	36	24	37	19	168	1, Armor
Michalis	43	34	26	35	19	157	2, Flying
		-9	-2	+2	-2	0	-11

Ehhhhh. Hector already gets cut up like butter by pretty much every Red, and even certain Green/Blue offensive units can cheese him. I imagine it's even worse off for Michalis with even less bulk and no freedom of B skill. The thing that would have to make a difference is Hauteclere's effect, I think? I haven't bothered to actually run the numbers atm though.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ehhhhh. Hector already gets cut up like butter by pretty much every Red, and even certain Green/Blue offensive units can cheese him. I imagine it's even worse off for Michalis with even less bulk and no freedom of B skill. The thing that would have to make a difference is Hauteclere's effect, I think? I haven't bothered to actually run the numbers atm though.

Hector is actually the best overall Quick Counter regardless since he can run Boons, and run Killer Axe himself

his hp amakes a notable differences. The closest unit that can reach Hector level is Bartre, but post buff, iirc Bartre is much less powerful

Edited by JSND

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

...You're seriously using the numbers over 2 rounds of combat? Remove the 'enemy initiates' phase and see her stats.

Good units get better than that over one round of combat.

Why would you let Nowi initiate on someone if she has QR3? You're supposed to bait them into attacking you and then she double attacks back due to QR. After that, sure, you can initiate with her if needed, but if you use the 'challenger initiates' stat only, she's ofcourse going to be worse with QR.

30 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Why would you let Nowi initiate on someone if she has QR3? You're supposed to bait them into attacking you and then she double attacks back due to QR. After that, sure, you can initiate with her if needed, but if you use the 'challenger initiates' stat only, she's ofcourse going to be worse with QR.

The post I was replying to was saying Nowi gets ~70 wins on offense.

Gah...every time I get a little nest of orbs going, we lose our daily free ones... I think I'm going to start trying to keep an emergency stock of 20. I managed to save up 21, and I'm resisting the urge to pull from the Battling Camus banner again. I keep playing with the Summon Simulator telling myself that I won't get what I want. >.> But the Summon Simulator is being kind to me. Gahhhhhhh....

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Gah...every time I get a little nest of orbs going, we lose our daily free ones... I think I'm going to start trying to keep an emergency stock of 20. I managed to save up 21, and I'm resisting the urge to pull from the Battling Camus banner again. I keep playing with the Summon Simulator telling myself that I won't get what I want. >.> But the Summon Simulator is being kind to me. Gahhhhhhh....

Even Saint Elimine falls to temptation... THERE IS NO GOD

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Even Saint Elimine falls to temptation... THERE IS NO GOD

It's okay if it's for Lucius, right? But I haven't given in yet. Not to say I haven't in the past....but the past is the past. I suppose there's still hope. We might need a better goddess, guys.

Looking forward to the new Tempest Trials thing!  Looks fun and different. :^_^:

The game always kinda feels dry to me during the Grand Hero Battles.  The battle itself is over with rather quickly, and then there's no new stuff for several days.  Ah, well.  I guess I can continue to work on the June quests.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's okay if it's for Lucius, right? But I haven't given in yet. Not to say I haven't in the past....but the past is the past. I suppose there's still hope. We might need a better goddess, guys.

"Bad news, people. Our religion is not true. Sorry about that... really sorry."

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I know Hector is easily countered, but the idea of a flying Hector is still intriguing to me. I plan on using Michalis more on an offensive team than a defensive one (unless I manage to put together a flying team together and put it on the defensive for the lols).

Hector I can counter fairly easily. Reinhardt on the other hand is a pain, and unless I have Nino around, my team is practically dead. (This is not counting the one time I went up against a highly merged Reinhardt on a Cav Team that killed my Fury Nino with a Res Buff...)

I'm loading up my Bride Lyn with everything. I'm gonna get her ready for the Tempest Trials, and I imagine her healing + debuff will be quite useful.

@Rafiel's Aria I loaded up my Lyn with Miracle, Pain and Martyr from a Lucius. We shall speak fondly of him.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm loading up my Bride Lyn with everything. I'm gonna get her ready for the Tempest Trials, and I imagine her healing + debuff will be quite useful.

@Rafiel's Aria I loaded up my Lyn with Miracle, Pain and Martyr from a Lucius. We shall speak fondly of him.

My Lucius has consumed a Fir, Genny, Lissa....and will probably consume a Matthew later on.  I'm considering bulking up my Priscilla for the Tempest Trials simply because she'll work well with my cav team...