• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You're going to regret this when the Tempest Trials come

Nah no pots

The last 2 pots i used was to do Ice Dragon Challenge Camus Edition

The real regrets is if the next banner is Thracia 776 feat. Leif, Finn, Nanna, Mareeta or Wolf of the Plains banner

Then i cri

Edited by JSND

Argh, I need less than 800 feathers to 4⋆ a Lon’qu to teach Camus Vantage 3.

Swap or Reposition on Camus? I’m going to run him along with Reposition Reinhardt.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Swap or Reposition on Camus? I’m going to run him along with Reposition Reinhardt.

Swap is my tentative guess. What other assists are on the team? Mine runs Reposition though that's only because Xander had Swap already.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Argh, I need less than 800 feathers to 4⋆ a Lon’qu to teach Camus Vantage 3.

I personally put Reposition on mine, but Swap works well too. 

If it helps: I'm running Camus with Reposition, Xander with Swap, Cecilia with Draw Back, and Reinhardt with Reposition for my cavalry team

I like Rein with Reposition, but I also want to have someone on my team capable of Repositioning Reinhardt into attack range or out of danger range since Rein obviously can't reposition himself (also I want Rein attacking something every turn if possible, in which case someone else needs Reposition for the other allies)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Hey guys, do you think my +atk -spd Florina would be salvageable if I gave her a brave lance and a different A-slot skill than her default darting blow?

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hey guys, do you think my +atk -spd Florina would be salvageable if I gave her a brave lance and a different A-slot skill than her default darting blow?

I'm sure she can be. From what it seems like, I think you're prioritizing attack over speed a lot. Do you mind her having average/low speed? In that case, go with the brave lance. You should also stick it with death blow. But hey, up to you.

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It should be noted that, in terms of pure optimization, Cordelia, Hinoka, and Est will all do the "flying blue brave lance unit" role better, but if you know that and want to use Florina anyways because you like her character, then she can get by with Brave Lance, Death Blow, and Lancebreaker, with Iceberg for burst damage every other round of combat. 

Also, if you put her on a flier team and boost her up with Hone Fliers, she has a pretty decent matchup spread against non-greens, with only a handful of tanky blues and colorless that survive (and she can ORKO all of those if Iceberg is up) (in fact, if Iceberg is up, she doesn't even need the Hone Flier buff to ORKO most of those units, though her damage without it is admittedly a bit lackluster). 

EDIT for additional commentary: 

To compare her with Cordelia, who is the best flying blue lancer:

An optimal Cordelia has a matchup spread of 118 wins, 13 losses, and 3 draws, which is quite impressive. 

Florina, on the other hand, with +Atk/-Spd and the aforementioned set, has a matchup spread of 80 wins, 20 losses, and 34 draws. However, with Iceberg active, this is brought up to 105 wins, 18 losses, and 11 draws, which is pretty decent. 

Also, if we cherry pick a bit on take green-colored opponents out of the equation (and in a real match, you wouldn't be fighting greens with either Cordelia or Florina when you have 3 other teammates you could be using)...

Cordelia has a matchup spread of 107 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses. So she ORKOs all non-green units. 

Florina, on the other hand, has a matchup spread of 65 wins, 2 losses, and 40 draws without an Iceberg proc and 94 wins, 0 losses, and 13 draws with a proc. She's no Cordelia, but she's still able to hold her own quite well against non-greens. With a Hone Fliers buff and Iceberg, she also ORKOs all non-green units in the game, so it's certainly possible to work with her. 

Is Florina the best unit in the game? No. But she doesn't need to be. If you like her enough and are willing to put in the time and resources, she'll do her job just fine. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I'm sure she can be. From what it seems like, I think you're prioritizing attack over speed a lot. Do you mind her having average/low speed? In that case, go with the brave lance. You should also stick it with death blow. But hey, up to you.

Well, she is currently my only Florina. I'm hoping I'll pull one with a better nature, but in case I never do I want to see if I can make this one salvageable.

MaskedAmpharos: I actually don't have Hinoka or Cordelia! I do have an Est, but I do like Florina as a character better and already put a lot of investment into her, so I was hoping that the one I have still works out.

But thanks guys, this helps a lot.

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

Alright 40/34 on Camus and all but 2 slot is filled....

is when i noticed i'm out of Repos, out of Swap, and out of Fury

help

Heheheh. I'm imagining you without any orbs to spend leaving you without a sliver of a chance of summoning a unit for one of those skills. As you sit there in despair, sirens call to you, tempting you to spend money for orbs. And those sirens sound exactly like whales. :p

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Heheheh. I'm imagining you without any orbs to spend leaving you without a sliver of a chance of summoning a unit for one of those skills. As you sit there in despair, sirens call to you, tempting you to spend money for orbs. And those sirens sound exactly like whales. :p

Jokes on you when i say i'm out of them i meant i had 3 surplus of Repos, 2 surplus of Swap, and 1 surplus of Fury

That said my destiny is going to be decided by the next banner. Hopefully its Genealogy Gen 1 since i don't really give a fuck for Gen 1 even if Sigurd and Quan would be an ok addition

....otoh i just realized Masked Marth would give me both Lucina and Marth in one shot

dayum

Edited by JSND

On 2/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, shadowofchaos said:

The other would be that they had another dupe 5 star for another unit that has the same skill and has 11 copies of the 4 star lying around.

I mean they sacc'd Alm for Windsweep.

Let's actually ask them. Because why not?

@Alfred Kamon

Wait, you were talking about my 4*+10 Hana here? :D

Ok, I'll share some info.

I had eleven 4 or 3 stars Hana's sitting around, one 5* Jaffar (-atk IVs, pretty useless) and a third Alm (I already have Alm+1).

Since the stats and the Arena value for a 4*+10 unit is the same as a 5*+5 unit, I decided to invest into this one about 14k feathers, and a 5 stars Ogma, Alm and Jaffar that I didn't use.

Otherwise I would've spent approximately 130'000 feathers to get the same result (a 5*+5 Hana); given that we get about 30k feathers/month, that would've taken me... what, 4-5 months?

Got a huge improvement on my Arena score by using this Hana instead of the +1 Alm I was using before. And, most importantly, I did it now, allowing me to get more consistent Arena scores and Tempest Trials scores instead of waiting for months just to get the same result. Would I have got a better Hana in 1 year? Yeah, a 5*+10 eventually. Did I want to invest so much time and resources only for that? Hell no.

It was worth it.

tl;dr With the current state of the meta, I highly suggest to invest your resources on 4*+10 units, if you have many copies of the same character sitting on your bench.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Haven't seen anyone else post this yet, so here's the datamined stuff.

You can get Masked Lucina (named Marth in the game) in the new Tempest Trials. The banner is probably some sort of "Fighting Marth" thing.

Additional update information: there are now 8 team slots, you can name your teams and choose which team to set as your defence team.

Name your teams? Wow. :D

And yeah, the defence team being the first one was quite confusing and unpractical.

3 minutes ago, Alfred Kamon said:

You can get Masked Lucina (named Marth in the game) in the new Tempest Trials. The banner is probably some sort of "Fighting Marth" thing.

eh I wouldn't pull from it then. I think Marth is gonna be enough for me!

Additional update information: there are now 8 team slots, you can name your teams and choose which team to set as your defence team.

1. Arena defense team
  2. Arena offense team
  3. Training Team
  4. Grand Hero Battle Team
  5. Story mode stuff team
  6. Cavs
  7. Fliers
  8. Armors

Did I cover everything?

17 minutes ago, JSND said:

Jokes on you when i say i'm out of them i meant i had 3 surplus of Repos, 2 surplus of Swap, and 1 surplus of Fury

So, if I'm understanding correctly, your post was about how you grinded a crapton of SP for Camus and still have more to go and not that you didn't have the units to give him those skills making the SP grind not as productive?

17 minutes ago, JSND said:

....otoh i just realized Masked Marth would give me both Lucina and Marth in one shot

dayum

To this day, I still wonder how I even got Lucina. Oh yeah, just show up in an unrelated banner, Luci. Second 5* that showed up. Well, whatever, she's a good glass cannon and my only anti-dragon unit since Chrom and Marth showed up as 4* units.

And Masked Lucina will be the second one since you can get her as a 5*. I wonder what kind of trial and tribulations I'll have to go through to do that.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So, if I'm understanding correctly, your post was about how you grinded a crapton of SP for Camus and still have more to go and not that you didn't have the units to give him those skills making the SP grind not as productive?

To this day, I still wonder how I even got Lucina. Oh yeah, just show up in an unrelated banner, Luci. Second 5* that showed up. Well, whatever, she's a good glass cannon and my only anti-dragon unit since Chrom and Marth showed up as 4* units.

And Masked Lucina will be the second one since you can get her as a 5*. I wonder what kind of trial and tribulations I'll have to go through to do that.

1. "I almost run out of Repos(and definitely run out of Fury) after Camus is done" is what i meant

2. People have calced you need 100 run of the tempest to do it. We'll see but it won't be as great/ez as original voting gauntlet before 3x comeback mechanic ruined it

1 minute ago, JSND said:

2. People have calced you need 100 run of the tempest to do it. We'll see but it won't be as great/ez as original voting gauntlet before 3x comeback mechanic ruined it

How much for 4 star?

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

eh I wouldn't pull from it then. I think Marth is gonna be enough for me!

1. Arena defense team
  2. Arena offense team
  3. Training Team
  4. Grand Hero Battle Team
  5. Story mode stuff team
  6. Cavs
  7. Fliers
  8. Armors

Did I cover everything?

Assuming the leader of team 1 is still your rep regardless of your arena team choice:

1. Ninian
  2. Arena defense
  3. Death to nonbelievers
  4. Death to nonbelievers
  5. Death to nonbelievers
  6. Death to nonbelievers
  7. Death to nonbelievers
  8. Death to nonbelievers

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming the leader of team 1 is still your rep regardless of your arena team choice:

1. Oboro
  2. Arena defense
  3. Death to nonbelievers
  4. Death to nonbelievers
  5. Death to nonbelievers
  6. Death to nonbelievers
  7. Death to nonbelievers
  8. Death to nonbelievers

LOL That makes a lot of sense when you put it that way