Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

There wasnt any yeah, theres a tactics rank that have 400 turns or something

Honestly if its based on how powerful the characters that in the class are(and it should) FE14 have the strongest swordmaster just because it had Ryoma in it. Even comparing their Astra, Astra in FE4 might deals 5x damage(does the proc chance use 0.5 00r 1x SKL?) but Astra in FE14 does 2,5 damage and makes you invulnerable to the next attack, and 2.5 is already overkill as it is

Oh... wait, Astra in FE4 wasn't that it activates on either hit of a Brave Sword. It activates first, and Brave Sword activates on each hit of Astra (for a maximum of 20 hits if it activates on both attacks). The threshold for double attacking in FE4 was also 1 Speed instead of 4 Speed, but only if you had the Pursue skill, but Swordmasters have Pursue automatically as a class skill.

Astra's activation was 100% of Skill in FE4 (cap for Swordmasters was 30, Balmunc adds +10 to Skill), but each hit was separately subject to hit percent. With a Brave Sword, it landed 10 hits, and each hit could land a critical hit, which let it demolish high-Def opponents that you'd normally only deal 1 damage to. And then you'd have to repair your Brave Sword because that was a lot of durability you just spent.

Alternatively, if you didn't like Shannan for some reason, you could use the Valkyrie exploit to pass Balmunc to Lakche if Holyn was her father.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh... wait, Astra in FE4 wasn't that it activates on either hit of a Brave Sword. It activates first, and Brave Sword activates on each hit of Astra (for a maximum of 20 hits if it activates on both attacks). The threshold for double attacking in FE4 was also 1 Speed instead of 4 Speed, but only if you had the Pursue skill, but Swordmasters have Pursue automatically as a class skill.

Astra's activation was 100% of Skill in FE4 (cap for Swordmasters was 30, Balmunc adds +10 to Skill), but each hit was separately subject to hit percent. With a Brave Sword, it landed 10 hits, and each hit could land a critical hit, which let it demolish high-Def opponents that you'd normally only deal 1 damage to. And then you'd have to repair your Brave Sword because that was a lot of durability you just spent.

FE4 continues to run from the discussion of balance. One day fans will catch up. FE4 has to stop and wait for Arden after all. 

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

FE4 continues to run from the discussion of balance. One day fans will catch up. FE4 has to stop and wait for Arden after all. 

The word "balance" and "Kaga games" simply did not mix

The game has been taking an amazing turn, with the last few updates. I took a bit of a hit a bit past Skill Inheritance. About the that time, between having little to no Internet, as well as the fact that I felt like completely starting off at a new slate (having a couple of higher-leveled characters with shitty skills and hardly any SP and Orbs to spare). From something as little as doubling the Stamina Cap, to the ability to modify starting positions to the amazing Skill Inheritance. Came back really strong and ended up feeling really motivated about the game, as well as the actual meta. Had a very "anti-meta" mentality the first month or so, and I strayed from any of that.

Really liking the new addition of the Trials, as well as giving you actual motivation to keep your characters alive (Hero Merit, as well as extra score).

This game is just legit as fuck.

Edited by Soul~!

25 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Really liking the new addition of the Trials, as well as giving you actual motivation to keep your characters alive (Hero Merit, as well as extra score).

This game is just legit as fuck.

I felt like the need to keep characters alive to keep level/SP gains was already plenty of motivation, as well as other stuff like quests and the arena.

I do really like Hero Merit, though, for both the extra feathers and the incentive to use different characters.

40 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Or it can just leave Arden at the starting castle and keep running (gotta catch up to them horses, after all).

1 hour ago, JSND said:

All i heard about rd sm are the Edward is secretly best unit ever meme  and Mia/Stefan being good lol

All I remember about Radiant Dawn's Swordmasters (besides Mia being cute because that eats up most of my memory allocation) was the disappointment that Astra would land 2 or 3 hits and the enemy would already be dead without being able to see the slow-mo back flip.

Edited by Ice Dragon

31 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Or it can just leave Arden at the starting castle and keep running (gotta catch up to them horses, after all).

1 hour ago, JSND said:

All i heard about rd sm are the Edward is secretly best unit ever meme  and Mia/Stefan being good lol

All I remember about Radiant Dawn's Swordmasters (beside Mia being cute because that eats up most of my memory allocation) was the disappointment that Astra would land 2 or 3 hits and the enemy would already be dead without being able to see the slow-mo back flip.

It's interesting how so far, Dire Thunder is the only ultimate weapon to break the "Silver-level weapon with +1 Mt and a bonus effect" mold. (Or two bonus effects, in the case of Falchion and Naga.) There are lots of additional possibilities that get opened up with the option to have weapons at the same "level" as other ultimate weapons but giving up some power for other fancy effects, and it'd be cool to see more exploration of that. For example, an axe that has built-in Distant Counter but has less power than other ultimate weapons in exchange for having a Killer or Wo Dao effect. If there was ever a character that would suit, totally not thinking of anyone in particular.

Speaking of Distant Counter, despite all the ultimate weapons we've gotten with it (currently four, and we can expect Alondite as a fifth when the Black Knight inevitably gets released), we haven't gotten any ranged ultimate weapons with Close Counter. Which isn't too surprising since while the regular FE games have a bunch of special melee weapons with 1-2 range, 1-2 range bows aren't much of a thing, and magic is always 1-2 range. It'd be neat if we eventually get, say, Shinon with the Double Bow with built-in Close Counter, though.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All I remember about Radiant Dawn's Swordmasters (besides Mia being cute because that eats up most of my memory allocation) was the disappointment that Astra would land 2 or 3 hits and the enemy would already be dead without being able to see the slow-mo back flip.

God damnit i can't disagree with this

It's interesting how so far, Dire Thunder is the only ultimate weapon to break the "Silver-level weapon with +1 Mt and a bonus effect" mold. (Or two bonus effects, in the case of Falchion and Naga.) There are lots of additional possibilities that get opened up with the option to have weapons at the same "level" as other ultimate weapons but giving up some power for other fancy effects, and it'd be cool to see more exploration of that. For example, an axe that has built-in Distant Counter but has less power than other ultimate weapons in exchange for having a Killer or Wo Dao effect. If there was ever a character that would suit, totally not thinking of anyone in particular.

Speaking of Distant Counter, despite all the ultimate weapons we've gotten with it (currently four, and we can expect Alondite as a fifth when the Black Knight inevitably gets released), we haven't gotten any ranged ultimate weapons with Close Counter. Which isn't too surprising since while the regular FE games have a bunch of special melee weapons with 1-2 range, 1-2 range bows aren't much of a thing, and magic is always 1-2 range. It'd be neat if we eventually get, say, Shinon with the Double Bow with built-in Close Counter, though.

35 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

HELLO? ILYANA?

:Ilyana: better than mia 

Not a Radiant Dawn Swordmaster and therefore doesn't take up any of my Radiant Dawn Swordmaster memory allocation.

Ilyana is number 3 Radiant Dawn, though, behind Nephenee and Mia. I had to make my Radiant Dawn mage memory allocation larger, though, because Micaiah and Sanaki exist. (Also pretty magic animations.)

And all the pictures of Ilyana eating Yune. Need to make sure to save multiple copies of those into my head. For safe-keeping.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'm just gonna wait for Chad, Louise, Ignatius, Deen, Nichol, Renault, and Grieth are in the game. I'll roll for them once they are out.

I'm assuming that at this point most have at least gotten 4* "Marth"? I wish I could get 5*, but I'm not up for inane loss grinding with my sub-par team. What does everyone think of he-him, i mean? Good bad or ugly?

(worth the SI?)

Edited by Big Smoke

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

I'm assuming that at this point most have at least gotten 4* "Marth"? I wish I could get 5*, but I'm not up for inane loss grinding with my sub-par team. What does everyone think of he-him, i mean? Good bad or ugly?

(worth the SI?)

The stats are the same as a neutral Lucina's, so if you think Lucina is good, then Masked Marth will be good too

(worth the SI?)

Worth SI for F2P since its basically just Lucina

but theres only so far that a Sword Infantry with mid tier Legendary weapon can get.

Edited by JSND

(worth the SI?)

Basically what Guilty said. 

Do you think Lucina's a good unit? 

There's your answer.