Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except every time I talk about the skills I plan to give people, I'm usually told they're bad ideas. So apparently, I don't know how to play this game. Fine. Nobody's going to be good at everything.

It's disappointing since this game is fun and I got a hot Freddy with some sexy abs, but I have other games to enjoy. I don't need to waste time with this. I might not stop playing entirely, I'll go in every now and then just to mess around, I suppose, but I won't be a serious player.

But you're not even listening to our suggestions or are really willing to understand why we are suggesting certain skills over others. You're just throwing skills out there and getting upset when the rest of us don't all agree with you.

Also, it's a D I S C U S S I O N forum. It's okay to be wrong. The only mistakes you make are the ones you don't learn from.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

When you format with your boner thats the result :Kappa:

No johns

I was just taking the scoring potential thing to its extreme conclusion. Not that I'd ever do that with the resources I have anyway.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, I thought everyone was saying skills with more than 4 cooldown with Aether weren't as good as stuff like Moonbow? Guess they ARE good like I said!

But how is 46 attack better than 48 attack? That just makes no sense.

No Aether is trash lol.

I was making a point based on stack's "optimized correctly"

The way Arena works is that the higher your SP cost for skills are, the better your points. The Reinhardt "Standard" version is the best in practice(i would personally run QP Dragon Fang tbh, which is 3 CD)

The "optimized correctly" Reinhardt is focused at having high SP cost and nothing else. Aether costs 500 - the highest of any special. Rally Def/Res is higher than Repos, and i believe i don't need to explain why the best skill in the game that is Repos is better than Rally. Wings of Mercy costs 240 over standard 200.

@MrSmokestack Haven't you reached T20 several times before? This week is actually my second time getting into 20

Edited by JSND

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, I thought everyone was saying skills with more than 4 cooldown with Aether weren't as good as stuff like Moonbow? Guess they ARE good like I said!

But how is 46 attack better than 48 attack? That just makes no sense. You guys DO know how to count, don't you? 48 is the bigger number.

He was joking about "Optimized Correctly". He meant it in the sense that if you want maximum Arena points, skills that cost more SP should be put in instead, but it's not what produces the best results in battle.

When we talk about Atk stats, we always use the base number instead of including the weapon, since now with Skill Inheritance, anyone can wield any weapon in the same class. The base stat is important since it determines what kind of weapons a unit would do good with.

Generally, base 33 is considered average/pretty decent, and 35 or above is pretty strong. Sharena sits at 32.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

But you're not even listening to our suggestions or are really willing to understand why we are suggesting certain skills over others. You're just throwing skills out there and getting upset when the rest of us don't all agree with you.

Also, it's a D I S C U S S I O N forum. It's okay to be wrong. The only mistakes you make are the ones you don't learn from.

I just said earlier that I've gotten a lot of help on this game. Just ask Arcanite. Ice Dragon helped me a few times too.

And it seems like people ALWAYS disagree with what I do. It's not about being wrong or right, I'm tired of basically being called a bad player who doesn't know what she's doing. I'm not ALWAYS wrong. Sometimes I am, okay. Everybody's wrong sometimes. I know it's okay to be wrong. That's not what my problem is, as you can see.

And like I said, I don't care anymore. I'm not going to try to be a serious player anymore since I know I can't be one.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I live that dream and I have to say, it's a pretty damn good one what with its nice and overkill 34 extra damage.

Same here. My Lukas just maxed his HM while grinding for TT yesterday. Even with -Def that 32 damage Ignis hurts.

I have newfound respect for this man.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

No Aether is trash lol.

And see, here's yet another thing I disagree with. Aether is pretty great if you can accelerate its cooldown. Extra damage AND healing is awesome when healers in this game aren't so great. I've won maps because of using it with Ike's Heavy Blade. And it's saved him from being killed on a lot of occasions too. You guys can do want you want, but I personally like using the skill.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And see, here's yet another thing I disagree with. Aether is pretty great if you can accelerate its cooldown. Extra damage AND healing is awesome when healers in this game aren't so great. I've won maps because of using it with Ike's Heavy Blade. And it's saved him from being killed on a lot of occasions too. You guys can do want you want, but I personally like using the skill.

I mean Aether's ok, but in the long run its not as amazing as Bonfire for me

The downside of running Heavy Blade Aether is the fact that it uses A slot. A slot is the strongest skill slot in the game, with stuff like DB3, and LnD

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Haven't you reached T20 several times before? This week is actually my second time getting into 20

This week is my first time making it into T20 actually. My highest score I've ever gotten in Arena was 4,814 but the week I got it in wouldn't let me get the T20 promotion. My scores are pretty low now whether due to bad matchup RNG, running Murderponies, or some combination of both.

I have a huge dueling crest stockpile but I'm not going to tap into it until I know for sure I can maximize my gains honestly.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just said earlier that I've gotten a lot of help on this game. Just ask Arcanite. Ice Dragon helped me a few times too.

And it seems like people ALWAYS disagree with what I do. It's not about being wrong or right, I'm tired of basically being called a bad player who doesn't know what she's doing. I'm not ALWAYS wrong. Sometimes I am, okay. Everybody's wrong sometimes. I know it's okay to be wrong. That's not what my problem is, as you can see.

The fact that you can only name those two out of the countless others says a lot about how receptive you actually are to advice. I'll leave it at that for now.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This week is my first time making it into T20 actually. My highest score I've ever gotten in Arena was 4,814 but the week I got it in wouldn't let me get the T20 promotion. My scores are pretty low now whether due to bad matchup RNG, running Murderponies, or some combination of both.

I have a huge dueling crest stockpile but I'm not going to tap into it until I know for sure I can maximize my gains honestly.

It is at this moment i realized Hector make a huge difference for my Arena Score

Just now, JSND said:

It is at this moment i realized Hector make a huge difference for my Arena Score

I really should use my Effie more. She's fully kitted and has max HM and everything. But I'd have too many blues!

Camus Xander murderponies is a crutch I need help

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I really should use my Effie more. She's fully kitted and has max HM and everything. But I'd have too many blues!

Camus Xander murderponies is a crutch I need help

I actually dropped Xander from this week run after seeing him ded in one shot by S!Camilla

Eliwood Master Race

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The fact that you can only name those two out of the countless others says a lot about how receptive you actually are to advice. I'll leave it at that for now.

I don't have to take every single piece of advice I'm given. Disagreeing with some of it doesn't make me awful.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

I actually dropped Xander from this week run after seeing him ded in one shot by S!Camilla

Eliwood Master Race

I used to have a +Atk 3* Eliwood

Then Legion GHB happened and he died for our sins

I'm so sorry

If I ever pull a -Atk Hector I'm giving his DC to Eldigan first thing. With +Spd -Atk he has a better spread than my Xander, and he can run Ignis on top of that orz

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But see, we're not disagreeing with you just because we hate your guts and you always have to be wrong. When you ask us for advice, of course we're going to tell you the best possible options for a unit or situation. Not everything has to be the best, but if you ask us we will show you what is. Afterwards, it's down to your own judgment as to whether or not to follow through with the advice. I don't run optimal sets on my units because I do as I wish, but I know and accept what actually produces the best results.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? You can't possibly reach stats like that without buffs or merges. And while Sharena can't be merged, she can get buffs. I run units with Hone Atk, Hone Spd, Fortify Def, etc.

Here are some popular characters off the top of my head that reaches 50 attack without buffs and merges:

With the right nature and build, B!Cordelia can reach 50 Attack, and that is using Brave Bow with a measly 7 MT.
Cecilia reaches 50 Attack.
Cordelia reaches 51 Attack.
Nino reaches 51 Attack.
S!Camilla reaches 53 Attack.
Linde reaches 53 Attack.
Lucina reaches 58 Attack.
Reinhardt has 44 Attack, reaching 50 factoring in Death Blow.
Frederick has 46 Attack, reaching 52 factoring in Death Blow.
Cherche has 49 Attack, reaching 55 factoring in Death Blow.

Blade tome users like Cecilia, Nino, Linde, and S!Camilla are expected to reach 70+ Attack with buffs taken into account. Many popular characters with the optimized builds reach at least 50 attack on Player Phase, and that is before merging and buffs.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Here are some popular characters off the top of my head that reaches 50 attack without buffs and merges:

With the right nature and build, B!Cordelia can reach 50 Attack, and that is using Brave Bow with a measly 7 MT.
Cecilia reaches 50 Attack.
Cordelia reaches 51 Attack.
Nino reaches 51 Attack.
S!Camilla reaches 53 Attack.
Linde reaches 53 Attack.
Lucina reaches 58 Attack.
Reinhardt has 44 Attack, reaching 50 factoring in Death Blow.
Frederick has 46 Attack, reaching 52 factoring in Death Blow.
Cherche has 49 Attack, reaching 55 factoring in Death Blow.

Blade tome users like Cecilia, Nino, Linde, and S!Camilla are expected to reach 70+ Attack with buffs taken into account. Many popular characters with the optimized builds reach at least 50 attack on Player Phase, and that is before merging and buffs.

Okay. I'm well aware that blade tomes are good. I don't have most of those characters though, just to point out.

Frederick has 47 attack, actually (without -Atk or +Atk that is). That's what mine has and he doesn't have the Atk+1 seal or anything (though he used to and I sometimes will give it to him. But he doesn't have it at the moment). And my Frederick's nature is +Def, -Spd.

EDIT: @SatsumaFSoysoy That's fine then. That's how I roll too.

Edited by Anacybele

Two questions for you guys. I recently got a +def -HP Leon and wasn't sure if a standard Brave Build or something incorporating his inherent Slayer Weapon and Ignis is better. I'm leaning more on the former but I'm curious to see if his native set has any nice tricks up it's sleeve I'm not aware of.

Secondly, I'm trying to build up a bit of a meme team with Narcian and Wrys. Wrys is already decked out, but I don't know what exactly Narcian wants out of his skillset. I'm guessing I should basically keep his entire kit since he's anti-blue forever but does a standard Fury help him out or does some other option work better?

After that I'll come back here once Arden and Ronan show up. 

Edited by Raguna

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay. I'm well aware that blade tomes are good. I don't have most of those characters though, just to point out.

Frederick has 47 attack, actually (without -Atk or +Atk that is). That's what mine has and he doesn't have the Atk+1 seal or anything (though he used to and I sometimes will give it to him. But he doesn't have it at the moment). And my Frederick's nature is +Def, -Spd.

Those number take into account their optimized nature and build to produce the most kills. Optimized Frederick uses +Atk (38), Brave Axe (8), and Death Blow (6) giving a total of 52 Attack on player phase, which should be enough to wipe out most or all blues.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Those number take into account their optimized nature and build to produce the most kills. Optimized Frederick uses +Atk (38), Brave Axe (8), and Death Blow (6) giving a total of 52 Attack on player phase, which should be enough to wipe out most or all blues.

Well yeah, but a +Atk Frederick can't have 46 attack if my Frederick without +Atk has 47. Mine is +Def, so I run Armored Blow on him. He takes little to no damage from everything physical, even swords. Only a mage can kill him, and I just need to team him with mage killers or have him take out the mage before he/she can even attack to avoid that. He also has Axebreaker, so he quickly kills every axe in the game too. He also has Bonfire, which is freaky with that +Def and Armored Bow. I do want to give him a Brave Axe someday too. These are skills that I was advised to give him by people here a long time ago too, just for the record.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, but a +Atk Frederick can't have 46 attack if my Frederick without +Atk has 47. 

=Atk Frederick has 35 attack and Hammer+, a 12 MT weapon, which adds up to 47 total attack. +Atk would have 38 attack and with Brave Axe+, 8 MT, he'd have 46 total attack.

Regardless, he's going to hit hard.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That's fine then. That's how I roll too.

No but that's the thing; you don't accept that what disagrees with you can be the best. Doing what you want and refusing to accept that other things are the best are different things, and is why the whole argument started in the first place. You are free to live by your opinion at your own risk (Vanatge on Sharena), but you can't invalidate the facts with your opinion (by saying Swordbreaker/Quick Riposte are bad on Sharena when they're clearly, through simple numbers, not bad).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

=Atk Frederick has 35 attack and Hammer+, a 12 MT weapon, which adds up to 47 total attack. +Atk would have 38 attack and with Brave Axe+, 8 MT, he'd have 46 total attack.

Oh, right. I forgot about the differing might of those two weapons.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No but that's the thing; you don't accept that what disagrees with you can be the best. Doing what you want and refusing to accept that other things are the best are different things, and is why the whole argument started in the first place. You are free to live by your opinion at your own risk (Vanatge on Sharena), but you can't invalidate the facts with your opinion (by saying Swordbreaker/Quick Riposte are bad on Sharena when they're clearly, through simple numbers, not bad).

I never said Swordbreaker and QR were BAD on her. I meant that I thought they wouldn't be AS GOOD as Vantage. Sorry for not clarifying.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, but a +Atk Frederick can't have 46 attack if my Frederick without +Atk has 47. Mine is +Def, so I run Armored Blow on him. He takes little to no damage from everything physical, even swords. Only a mage can kill him, and I just need to team him with mage killers or have him take out the mage before he/she can even attack to avoid that. He also has Axebreaker, so he quickly kills every axe in the game too. These are skills that I was advised to give him by people here a long time ago too, just for the record.

The meta changes and knowledge improves. Taking little to no damage is fine, but I find nuking things to be far easier and safer. Dead enemies cannot pick a god and pray on Enemy Phase after all. It is not very knightly of Frederick to kill things slowly.

Frederick +Def -Spd
Brave Axe, Luna
Death Blow, Axebreaker
Player Phase 95:14:43
Player Phase (Armored Blow) 72:9:71
Player Phase (+Atk -Res) 105:18:29

Getting 23 more wins for only 5 more losses is pretty good. Knocking out 47% of the cast to knocking out 62% of the cast is a big jump.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

He Hammers pretty hard, but Brave Axe gives him the confidence and stamina to do it twice in row.

31 minutes ago, Raguna said:

Two questions for you guys. I recently got a +def -HP Leon and wasn't sure if a standard Brave Build or something incorporating his inherent Slayer Weapon and Ignis is better. I'm leaning more on the former but I'm curious to see if his native set has any nice tricks up it's sleeve I'm not aware of.

Secondly, I'm trying to build up a bit of a meme team with Narcian and Wrys. Wrys is already decked out, but I don't know what exactly Narcian wants out of his skillset. I'm guessing I should basically keep his entire kit since he's anti-blue forever but does a standard Fury help him out or does some other option work better?

After that I'll come back here once Arden and Ronan show up. 

Takumi 3.0! It is not his native set, but he is very promising with Takumi's build.

+Atk -Res
Refreshing Bolt, Moonbow
Close Counter, Quick Riposte
Player Phase [Takumi] 106:6:40
Player Phase [Cordelia] 115:17:20 — (Takumi 2.0!)
Player Phase [Leon] 114:13:25 — (Takumi 3.0!)
Player Phase [Leon, Luna, Quickened Pulse] 124:13:15 — (Takumi 3.0.1!)
Player Phase [Leon, Luna, Quickened Pulse, Merge+10] 124:9:19 — (Takumi 3.10.1!)

For his native set:
Leon +Atk -Res
Slaying Bow, Ignis
Close Counter, Quick Riposte
Quickened Pulse
Player Phase 119:21:12

For Narcian, if Life and Death is too expensive, Fury is fine.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Frederick +Def -Spd
Brave Axe, Luna
Death Blow, Axebreaker
Player Phase 95:14:43
Player Phase (Armored Blow) 72:9:71
Player Phase (+Atk -Res) 105:18:29

Why Luna instead of Bonfire? I was actually advised to replace Luna with Bonfire, which I did, and I like it more. Frederick has the highest defense of any cav unit, he BEGS for something like Bonfire.

Not saying Death Blow would be bad, it would be good, but Armored Blow works well enough for me. And it IS knightly of Frederick to take hits for his comrades. :P