Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why Luna instead of Bonfire? I was actually advised to replace Luna with Bonfire, which I did, and I like it more. Frederick has the highest defense of any cav unit, he BEGS for something like Bonfire.

Not saying Death Blow would be bad, it would be good, but Armored Blow works well enough for me. And it IS knightly of Frederick to take hits for his comrades. :P

Ah yes, I forgot to check Bonfire. Go with Bonfire.

If Frederick kills the enemy quickly and mercifully in one round of combat, there would no enemy that can hit his comrades.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If Frederick kills the enemy quickly and mercifully in one round of combat, there would no enemy that can hit his comrades.

Hey, that's acceptable. I did say it was good.

Death Blow is not as easy to get as Armored Blow though, and Armored Blow still works well enough on my Frederick. You could get Armored Blow from Catria, Gunter (I think), Summer Frederick, etc. Death Blow is only on Klein or Hawkeye, both of which are 4-5 star only. Gunter is available as a 3 star, Catria was a free unit from quests, and Summer Frederick is currently a focus unit.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Death Blow is not as easy to get as Armored Blow though, and Armored Blow still works well enough on my Frederick. You could get Armored Blow from Catria, Gunter (I think), Summer Frederick, etc. Death Blow is only on Klein or Hawkeye, both of which are 4-5 star only. Gunter is available as a 3 star, Catria was a free unit from quests, and Summer Frederick is currently a focus unit.

You can get it from Young Tiki too but I doubt that one would want to sacrifice her for that :P

You can also sacrifice Xander for it

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Delthea has Death blow too now, in Alm's Army banner. But I doubt she'll be available at 4* after the event.

Speaking of Delthea, is she even worth it as Atk-? I pulled one and I'm too disheartened to bother using her. I'm hoping to pull another of her as literally anything else.

2 minutes ago, Catria! said:

You can get it from Young Tiki too but I doubt that one would want to sacrifice her for that :P

You can also sacrifice Xander for it

She has Death Blow or Armored Blow?

I don't have Xander. xP

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Delthea has Death blow too now, in Alm's Army banner. But I doubt she'll be available at 4* after the event.

Speaking of Delthea, is she even worth it as Atk-? I pulled one and I'm too disheartened to bother using her. I'm hoping to pull another of her as literally anything else.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to sacrifice Delthea anyway. She's cute. I would just rather save my orbs right now.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

I've been using -Atk Delthea. She hasn't been great so far, but she's workable. She still hits 47 Atk which Death Blow boosts to 53, and she also grants bonuses to other characters. Lack of an offensive special is annoying, though; I'm going to have to give her one at some point.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She has Death Blow or Armored Blow?

I'm pretty sure she has Armored, based on the ones I've used in gauntlet. I don't see people going out of their way to put Armored Blow on people so I just assumed she came with it naturally

1 minute ago, Catria! said:

I'm pretty sure she has Armored, based on the ones I've used in gauntlet. I don't see people going out of their way to put Armored Blow on people so I just assumed she came with it naturally

Oh, okay. Yeah, she probably has it naturally then.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've been using -Atk Delthea. She hasn't been great so far, but she's workable. She still hits 47 Atk which Death Blow boosts to 53, and she also grants bonuses to other characters. Lack of an offensive special is annoying, though; I'm going to have to give her one at some point.

Of the three blue tome users I have, she'd be doing the least amount of damage, which is bad because she should have the highest between them without a Atk-. Atk+ Mae Defiant Atk can reach 62 under half and Linde does 49 without any offensive changes.

Edit: Linde actually does the least, since Delthea has Death Blow. Whoops

Also, Titania has Armored Blow, too.

Edited by KongDude

48 minutes ago, XRay said:

Takumi 3.0! It is not his native set, but he is very promising with Takumi's build.

+Atk -Res
Refreshing Bolt, Moonbow
Close Counter, Quick Riposte
Player Phase [Takumi] 106:6:40
Player Phase [Cordelia] 115:17:20 — (Takumi 2.0!)
Player Phase [Leon] 114:13:25 — (Takumi 3.0!)
Player Phase [Leon, Luna, Quickened Pulse] 124:13:15 — (Takumi 3.0.1!)
Player Phase [Leon, Luna, Quickened Pulse, Merge+10] 124:9:19 — (Takumi 3.10.1!)

For his native set:
Leon +Atk -Res
Slaying Bow, Ignis
Close Counter, Quick Riposte
Quickened Pulse
Player Phase 119:21:12

For Narcian, if Life and Death is too expensive, Fury is fine.

Wow, thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

9661 SP on Ursula

help me

C R U T C H C H A R A C T E R

I'm approaching 20k feather and I really want to promote the +Spd Corrin (M) I just got, but the rest of my backlog looks like this:

Spoiler

-Brave Axe+ and Life and Death 3 Legion (40k)

-Catria

-Berkut?

-+Spd / +Atk Cecilia

-Blárblade+ Ursula (40k)

-+Atk / +Spd Tiki-Adult

-+Def -Spd Oboro

-+Atk -HP Cordelia

-Brave Sword+ Alfredo (40k)

-Anna

Send feathers please

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

C R U T C H C H A R A C T E R

I'm approaching 20k feather and I really want to promote the +Spd Corrin (M) I just got, but the rest of my backlog looks like this:

Hide contents

-Brave Axe+ and Life and Death 3 Legion (40k)

-Catria

-Berkut?

-+Spd / +Atk Cecilia

-Blárblade+ Ursula (40k)

-+Atk / +Spd Tiki-Adult

-+Def -Spd Oboro

-+Atk -HP Cordelia

-Brave Sword+ Alfredo (40k)

-Anna

Send feathers please

This is Fire Emblem

What did you do when they give you C R U T C H C H A R A C T E R again?\

Thats right *****, you use the everloving ***** out of them. Milk the dead horse until the horse become undead, went into afterlife, reincarnate, and die again

I only have 27k feather i need to save up for whenever Hardin or Leif drops good thing theres only Olivia, Anna, and Sharena left

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, JSND said:

This is Fire Emblem

What did you do when they give you C R U T C H C H A R A C T E R again?\

Thats right *****, you used the everloving **** out of them

I only have 27k feather i need to save up for whenever Hardin or Leif drops

You could train 5 or 6 units, or just use Seth.

I wish Chain Challenge gave us more feathers!

Just give me Keaton already IS

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Forgot about Julia, serves me right for not playing FE4.  Linde used Light Magic, but it wasn't it's own weapon type yet.

Lucius still is iconic for Light Magic.  His name is F-bomb Lucius, which literally means "Light".

"Lucius" is a construct of the English localization team. His original name is Ruthea.

Hmm... Looks like Leon is in between Klein and Jeorge in potential as a Brave Bow archer. With Brave Bow+, L&D3, and Luna, +Atk, -Res Leon gets 86 wins, 10 losses, and 56 draws if everyone has Fury 3. That's under a +Atk, -Res Klein who gets 87 wins, 1 loss, and 64 draws.

If +Spd, he gets 83 wins, 7 losses, and 62 draws which is around +Atk or +Spd, -Res Jeorge who gets 83 wins, 4 losses, and 65 draws if +Atk or gets 82 wins, 3 losses, and 67 draws if +Spd.

Takumi still keeps third place with 88 wins, 5 losses, and 59 draws if +Atk, -Res. If +Spd, then 82 wins, 5 losses, and 65 draws. Then it's Gaius with 92 wins, 10 losses, and 50 draws as +Spd, -Res or 91 wins, 8 losses, and 53 draws as +Atk, -Res and the queen, bride Cordelia who only needs to be neutral in attack and speed to get 97 wins, 5 losses, and 50 draws.

Meanwhile, hypothetical archer with 37 base neutral attack with just Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 90 wins, 14 losses, and 48 draws. If +Atk, 106 wins, 8 losses, and 38 draws. The best part is if this were a horse archer. Something like 45 HP, 37 Atk, 22 Spd, 23 Def, and 17 Res is totally legal. +Atk, -Spd and three Goad Cavalry buffs equals 144 wins, 0 losses, and 6 draws. Reminder, this is while everyone has Fury 3. Who's Reinhardt now? :p

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hmm... Looks like Leon is in between Klein and Jeorge in potential as a Brave Bow archer. With Brave Bow+, L&D3, and Luna, +Atk, -Res Leon gets 86 wins, 10 losses, and 56 draws if everyone has Fury 3. That's under a +Atk, -Res Klein who gets 87 wins, 1 loss, and 64 draws.

If +Spd, he gets 83 wins, 7 losses, and 62 draws which is around +Atk or +Spd, -Res Jeorge who gets 83 wins, 4 losses, and 65 draws if +Atk or gets 82 wins, 3 losses, and 67 draws if +Spd.

Takumi still keeps third place with 88 wins, 5 losses, and 59 draws if +Atk, -Res. If +Spd, then 82 wins, 5 losses, and 65 draws. Then it's Gaius with 92 wins, 10 losses, and 50 draws as +Spd, -Res or 91 wins, 8 losses, and 53 draws as +Atk, -Res and the queen, bride Cordelia who only needs to be neutral in attack and speed to get 97 wins, 5 losses, and 50 draws.

Meanwhile, hypothetical archer with 37 base neutral attack with just Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 90 wins, 14 losses, and 48 draws. If +Atk, 106 wins, 8 losses, and 38 draws. The best part is if this were a horse archer. Something like 45 HP, 37 Atk, 22 Spd, 23 Def, and 17 Res is totally legal. +Atk, -Spd and three Goad Cavalry buffs equals 144 wins, 0 losses, and 6 draws. Reminder, this is while everyone has Fury 3. Who's Reinhardt now? :p

thats because you stack 3 Goad lol

Admitably Hone + Goad is close to that

For Leon, run Swordbreaker3, Deathblow +ATK

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

thats because you stack 3 Goad lol

But if you want to kill stuff, you need a lot of firepower! :p

The funny part is that apparently the generic horse archers in GHBs have a stat spread similar to that monstrosity I thought of. On whichever Lunatic GHBs they appeared in, horse archers have 45 HP, 36 Atk, 23 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res. The developers could be massive dicks to us if they gave them Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, and had +3 other cavaliers with Goad Cavalry or 3 Wards and isolated them on defense tiles. They haven't appeared in the recent Infernal GHBs, but imagine if they did.

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

For Leon, run Swordbreaker3, Deathblow +ATK

I was just checking what a regular Brave Bow+, L&D3, and Luna build without any B-skills or being in Desperation range would do for Leon. He's slower than Virion by 1 point, but he has the second-highest neutral attack, so it could work and Virion can run L&D3 if he wants unlike Gordin and Faye who don't get much from L&D3's speed boost, so Death Blow is better.

Personally, I'd rather run a Close Counter, QR build on him since he's pretty bulky and you don't really need to inherit much.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But if you want to kill stuff, you need a lot of firepower! :p

The funny part is that apparently the generic horse archers in GHBs have a stat spread similar to that monstrosity I thought of. On whichever Lunatic GHBs they appeared in, horse archers have 45 HP, 36 Atk, 23 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res. The developers could be massive dicks to us if they gave them Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, and had +3 other cavaliers with Goad Cavalry. They haven't appeared in the recent Infernal GHBs, but imagine if they did.

I was just checking what a regular Brave Bow+, L&D3, and Luna build without any B-skills or being in Desperation range would do for Leon. He's slower than Virion by 1 point, but he has the second-highest neutral attack, so it could work and Virion can run L&D3 or Death Blow 3 unlike Gordin and Faye who don't get much from L&D3's speed boost.

Personally, I'd rather run a Close Counter, QR build on him since he's pretty bulky.

CC QR set is pretty shit on Leon. 30 Speed is by anything above 32 +3, and 39/30 bulk is broken by pretty much every offensive unit. The lack of color really hurts, and this is double dipped by lack of A slot, and the lower BST of ranged units

Which made me question, why in the living fuck did people judge Takumi based on this garbage set instead of his good set but thats another question for another day

Edited by JSND

14 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Was Clive GHB officially confirmed?  It's on gamepress now.

The official Twitter has not made any mention of Clive yet.

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

Which made me question, why in the living fuck did people judge Takumi based on this garbage set instead of his good set but thats another question for another day

Because that's a fill-in-the-blanks of the only set he had for the first two months after this game was released, which is what people remember him by.

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

CC QR set is pretty shit on Leon. 30 Speed is doubled by anything above 32 +3, and 39/30 bulk is broken by pretty much every offensive unit. The lack of color really hurts, and this is double dipped by lack of A slot, and the lower BST of ranged units

@Kaden anything is gonna be busted with three stacks of Goad. Doesn't help that the spread is min-maxed to hell and back.

I remember when Quadsuna first became a thing and everyone derided Takumi as no longer being the #1 archer in the game after SI. The irony is that he ran the set better than everybody else until Bride Cordelia came along. CC Vantage is really bad because he doesn't want to be attacked at 1 range to begin with. It was a good noobslayer though for what it was worth

I'm not really liking Leon here, he dumped stats into irrelevant Def / Res. If Niles had higher Atk he'd be better by a substantial margin.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I finished getting Mathilda ready for Arena next week.  With Fury and Fortify Cavalry, she has 46 Res. @Oboro!@MaskedAmpharos@MrSmokestack

46 res? LOL

Are you going to give her Glacies for an extra 36 damage boost? or are you going to settle with Iceberg for a good ol faithful 23 damage?