Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, KongDude said:

Can someone remind me the armored units added after the game's release? Either I can't remember any, or there wasn't any new armored.

....Besides Zephiel.

You forgot about Kellam. The fact that we cannot see him yet is proof that he is there.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Didn't we already have one of those?

We had one with Gem Weapons, but not the skill itself.

I don't even remember who learns that.

lolVirion

So on a side note, is Amphy doing okay?  Haven't seen him on the forums in about a month.

I Pulled a better Leo, being +Atk,-Def to replace my +HP,-Spd Leo.

I plan to have him have...

Spoiler

Rawrblade+

Swap

Iceberg (or would Moonbow be better here?)

Fury 3

Quick Riposte 3

Fortify Cavalry

Does that seem like a decent build for my boy?

Amph's doing fine. He has summer school so that's taking up a great deal of his time right now. Doesn't help that he replaced Heroes i.e. us i.e the Strategists Three with FGO

A few fixes to the build though:

• Swap won't help if you're not using him to tank. Draw Back would work better instead, or Reposition if no one on your team has it already yeah right That said, Close Counter with Vantage works pretty well as has been mentioned in the past so you could go that route.
  • Moonbow works better, yeah. He's usually only going to miss KO's by a few points and having your special on hand is nice with a -Blade tome.
  • Death Blow is better than Fury with this set if you have it in terms of the raw matchup spread, assuming max buffs.
  • Consider replacing Quick Riposte with Swordbreaker. Vantage works better for the defensive set.
  • Either C passive should be fine for Horse Emblem.

EDIT: Est and Robin (F) get Defiant Res too.

DOUBLE EDIT: Scratch Vantage if you can run Close Counter, Quick Riposte is absurd with defensive tiles.

Edited by MrSmokestack

29 minutes ago, Lushen said:

To be fair, there aren't a lot of armored units.  Maybe one ally per game who with the exception of Hector is never a very important character.  

I imagine we'll be getting more enemies in GHBs, they're more frequent.

Yeah, they've still got plenty of armored dudes they could use for GHBs. Just to list potential candidates off because I'm bored:

Archanea: Jiol, Lang (for the memes), Emperor!Hardin
Valentia: maybe Massena?
Jugdral: Chagall, Lombard, Reptor, Danann, Bloom, Emperor!Arvis, Raydrik
Elibe: Murdock, Roartz, Lundgren, Darin
Magvel: Tirado, Vigarde
Tellius: Black Knight, Bryce, Ludveck
Ylisse / Valm: Cervantes, Raimi
Fateslandia: Garon

Yes, I know I'm seriously grasping at straws with some of these but I wanted to try and cover all the bases.

32 minutes ago, Lushen said:

To be fair, there aren't a lot of armored units.  Maybe one ally per game who with the exception of Hector is never a very important character.  

• FE4: Arden, Hannibal
  • FE5: Dalsin, Xavier
  • FE6: Bors, Barth, Gwendolyn, Douglas
  • FE7: Hector, Oswin, Wallace
  • FE8: Gilliam
  • FE9: Gatrie, Brom, Tauroneo
  • FE10: Meg, The Black Knight
  • FE11: Draug, Roger, Dolph, Macellan, Horace, Lorenz
  • FE12: Sheena
  • FE13: Kellam, [Kjelle]
  • FE14: Effie, Benny, [Ignatius]
  • FE15: Valbar, (Lukas), (Forsyth)

There's plenty. And those are just playable ones: we have five of those plus Zephiel. Other options for antagonists (who aren't the Black Knight) include Hardin, Raydrik, and Lombard. There are plenty of options (and plenty of those options are better than ones like Dolph and Macellan), but they just haven't been adding many.

Lukas is particularly striking of an omission because while he joins as lance infantry, he becomes armored upon promotion, so he could easily have been an armor.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Definitely more than one per game.

Of the games I've played through (parentheses for characters that promote into non-cavalry armored classes or aren't permanently recruited, bold for characters already in the game):

• FE3 Book 1: 4. Draug, Dolph, Macellan, Lorenz.
  • FE3 Book 2: 2. Draug, Sheena.
  • FE4: 2. Arden, Hannibal.
  • FE6: 4. Bors, Gwendolyn, Barthe, Douglas.
  • FE7: 2 (3). Oswin, Wallace, (Hector).
  • FE8: 1 (2). Gilliam, (Amelia).
  • FE9: 3. Gatrie, Brom, Tauroneo.
  • FE10: 4 (5). Meg, Tauroneo, Brom, Gatrie, (Black Knight).

I'm personally hoping for Lorenz, Oswin, and Valbar. Also hoping for Amelia, but she'd almost certainly be infantry, not to mention an armored trainee would have absurd stats.

The Black Knight is almost guaranteed to be a Grand Hero Battle unit somewhere down the line.

Arden and Meg actually have a chance for being canonically sword users.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does that seem like a decent build for my boy?

Decent, sure.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I hope they give us FE 10's 60% Str/Spd/Def growth Gatrie and not FE 9's 55/25/60. Armor unit with 35/35 offenses, haha.

An armored unit with 9 base (at 5-star rarity) and 60% growth in three stats (resulting in 35 points in each one at 5-star level 40) would result in 27 points of base stats and 85 percentage points of growths total in the remaining two stats.

Our hypothetical Gatrie would have something like 24/9/9/9/3 base stats at 5-star level 1 (3 is the lowest base stat of any 5-star unit in this game since it corresponds to a base of zero at 1-star rarity with a hindering nature) and 50/35/35/35/13 at level 40 assuming the growths are distributed 60% to HP and 25% to Res (25% is the lowest growth any unit has in this game with a neutral nature).

1. That's kinda scary if he ever gets a chance to attack.
  2. Lol mages.

@Rezzy Ah sorry! I've been super lately with a bunch of real life stuff lately (and have also spent a large chunk of my free time playing Fate Grand Order instead of Fire Emblem Heroes), but I'm doing just fine. I'm genuinely touched that there are people worrying about me though <3

In any case, regarding your Leo:

I'd personally swap out Swap with another assist (either Draw Back or Reposition) since Swap is generally more useful for units who want to save an ally then tank on the enemy phase, which is not something Leo wants to be doing. Moonbow is also generally better on -blade units because the -blade tome renders the cooldowns of other specials too high to be worthwhile. Also Death Blow is going to be better than Fury since your primary goal with Leo is to OHKO nuke your opponent. His low speed and mediocre bulk also means he doesn't really want to be taking hits on enemy phase, so I would instead give him something like Swordbreaker for his B skill to net him some extra ORKOs he wouldn't normally get. 

EDIT: I just realized all of this is basically what @MrSmokestack suggested. Guess great minds think alike :P

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

@Rezzy @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

The special skill depends on what you're using him for.

• Moonbow is best for functional Arena use because it'll actually have a chance to activate.
  • Draconic Aura is best for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges because Litrblade bonus damage counts towards it, the multiple maps help you activate it more often, and it can help you one-hit kill blue units in a pinch.
  • Aether is best if you don't care about function and just want a higher arena score. It's also decent for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges if your unit isn't running Desperation (Leo is not running Desperation without +Spd) because of the healing effect.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hey Ampharos, did you ever get Genny?

;____________;

Sheep baby never did come home </3

That's the real reason I haven't been active for so long

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

• Moonbow is best for functional Arena use because it'll actually have a chance to activate.
  • Draconic Aura is best for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges because Litrblade bonus damage counts towards it, the multiple maps help you activate it more often, and it can help you one-hit kill blue units in a pinch.
  • Aether is best if you don't care about function and just want a higher arena score. It's also decent for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges if your unit isn't running Desperation (Leo is not running Desperation without +Spd) because of the healing effect.

Ah, yes, I usually think in the context of an Arena skirmish, but I suppose since longer gauntlets are going to start being a normal thing, I should take that into consideration as well. 

It's also true that Aether is good for extra scoring if you don't need your special anyways (which is often the case with blade units, especially cavalry ones)

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ah, sorry to hear that. It sucks even more considering that she had a banner recently.

Eh, I didn't have any orbs left to pull on her by then anyways since I blew everything trying to get Delthea (I got two Mathildas for my trouble instead). I also haven't really touched my stamina in about a month, so since I haven't done any quests or new paralogue/story/chain missions and such, my orb count is basically at zero. 

I'll still come onto SF occasionally to chat because Arc and Smoke are lonely without me and will gladly offer help if asked directly (like with Rezzy here), but for the most part I've lost a lot of my interest in Heroes :/ (which isn't helped by how much busier I've gotten all of a sudden irl)

Yeah, that makes sense. Heroes seems like a thing that can easily lose a lot of people's interests. I'm just very easily bored XD;

1 hour ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Bittersweet but for the greater good! (Sure helps to have another Nino you intend to keep though. Lessens the pain!)

Yeah, I've had my 5* that I would never sacrifice.  She was my first 5* promotion, actually.

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

@Rezzy so for the procs, it seems like iceberg works pretty well. I guess you can try moonbow if you want, but Iceberg packs WAY more of a wallop, especially if you also have fort cav buffs

This set looks like some sort of counter killer set yes? You have Leo buffed in the background then send him in to use swap and let him double with quick Riposte on enemy phase? That's what it looks like anyway. He won't do as much on player phase because of the lack of speed but this set is okay. Close counter seems more cheesy though ;)

Yeah, with Fort Cav, Leo would reach 36 Res, which seems like a safe level to make use of his QR, almost like a magic Xander.  He would still be able to pick off units on Player Phase, but this way, he'd be hitting twice.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

We had one with Gem Weapons, but not the skill itself.

lolVirion

Amph's doing fine. He has summer school so that's taking up a great deal of his time right now. Doesn't help that he replaced Heroes i.e. us i.e the Strategists Three with FGO

A few fixes to the build though:

• Swap won't help if you're not using him to tank. Draw Back would work better instead, or Reposition if no one on your team has it already yeah right That said, Close Counter with Vantage works pretty well as has been mentioned in the past so you could go that route.
  • Moonbow works better, yeah. He's usually only going to miss KO's by a few points and having your special on hand is nice with a -Blade tome.
  • Death Blow is better than Fury with this set if you have it in terms of the raw matchup spread, assuming max buffs.
  • Consider replacing Quick Riposte with Swordbreaker. Vantage works better for the defensive set.
  • Either C passive should be fine for Horse Emblem.

EDIT: Est and Robin (F) get Defiant Res too.

DOUBLE EDIT: Scratch Vantage if you can run Close Counter, Quick Riposte is absurd with defensive tiles.

I'm low on Draw Back/Reposition fodder, but I may switch out when I get an extra.  Although, I do have Reposition on Titania and Cecilia right now.  The game loves giving my Stahls lately, so I had plenty extra.

It sounds like Moonbow might be the better choice.  Seeing Ignis on Boey last Tempest shows me just how seldom a slow mage ever gets to use his Special.

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Rezzy Ah sorry! I've been super lately with a bunch of real life stuff lately (and have also spent a large chunk of my free time playing Fate Grand Order instead of Fire Emblem Heroes), but I'm doing just fine. I'm genuinely touched that there are people worrying about me though <3

In any case, regarding your Leo:

I'd personally swap out Swap with another assist (either Draw Back or Reposition) since Swap is generally more useful for units who want to save an ally then tank on the enemy phase, which is not something Leo wants to be doing. Moonbow is also generally better on -blade units because the -blade tome renders the cooldowns of other specials too high to be worthwhile. Also Death Blow is going to be better than Fury since your primary goal with Leo is to OHKO nuke your opponent. His low speed and mediocre bulk also means he doesn't really want to be taking hits on enemy phase, so I would instead give him something like Swordbreaker for his B skill to net him some extra ORKOs he wouldn't normally get. 

EDIT: I just realized all of this is basically what @MrSmokestack suggested. Guess great minds think alike :P

Glad to gear you're doing okay.  I've heard of a few people playing FGO, but I don't really know anything about that series.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Isn't Aether a 5* exclusive skill?  I suppose I could do that eventually, but it sounds like Moonbow's the best choice for now.  TIme to join Ursula and Cecilia for a triple Horse Blade team.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Aether a 5* exclusive skill?  I suppose I could do that eventually, but it sounds like Moonbow's the best choice for now.  TIme to join Ursula and Cecilia for a triple Horse Blade team.

Yeah, Aether is only unlockable at 5*s not that it means too much since two of three who have Aether are 5* exclusive anyways.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've heard of a few people playing FGO, but I don't really know anything about that series.

36 Res should be fine as long as he glues his horse to a defensive tile. You can never have too much magical defense in this game with how absurd -Blade damage can get.

Not gonna lie, FGO is great. Most Fate games follow a visual-novel style of gameplay, but you don't really need to know about any of the other games to enjoy FGO, its story is separate from all the others.

I know basically nothing about the other Fate games, too. You should be fine if you ever consider getting into FGO.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yes, I know that. He still can only get Aether if he is a 5* though.

wow I edited RIGHT AWAY and you still managed to answer in between, kudos! (yeah I realized you actually said "2 out of 3" at the same time I hit "submit reply" basically).

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

36 Res should be fine as long as he glues his horse to a defensive tile. You can never have too much magical defense in this game with how absurd -Blade damage can get.

Not gonna lie, FGO is great. Most Fate games follow a visual-novel style of gameplay, but you don't really need to know about any of the other games to enjoy FGO, its story is separate from all the others.

I know basically nothing about the other Fate games, too. You should be fine if you ever consider getting into FGO.

I might give it a try sometime, although Heroes takes most of my little game time, between work and kids.  It sounds fun from the people who've played it, though half the appeal of Heroes is getting the units from the series I've played for the better part of two decades.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I might give it a try sometime, although Heroes takes most of my little game time, between work and kids.  It sounds fun from the people who've played it, though half the appeal of Heroes is getting the units from the series I've played for the better part of two decades.

That's understandable. The reason I haven't played much Heroes is the exact opposite (FGO is taking most of my game time). 

You certainly can have FGO be your first foray into the Fate universe (much like how some people are introduced to many FE characters through Heroes), but I'll certainly agree that a big part of the draw for me is using my faves from a fandom I've been invested in for a while. 

It's a fun and well-designed game though, so I'd recommend at least giving it a try (and you can always just uninstall and go back to Heroes if it doesn't suit your fancy).

Whoa this morning I was about to say "Quick Riposte is overrated, I'll pass this banner.

I got arena rewards, bought 10 orbs and did a yolo at QR banner. Result: 2 Leos, +Res -Spd and +Res -Atk LOL

Kept the -spd one and gave Quick Riposte 3 to Berkut .___.

Now I'll have to use a lot of Glacies/Iceberg fodder. There's Berkut, Leo and Sonya who want it :<

14 minutes ago, salinea said:

i need to learn how to read

You can write but you can't read?

I find this impressive! How old are you, 5?

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't do it Rezzy! Stay with Heroes!

We need you to keep supporting the game with your money over here!