Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Back to Heroes, has there been any datamine or anything for the upcoming Banner?  Not sure if they'll need to do an update for Lloyd's new map.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, JSND said:

I just saw because lol 10+ new post out of a sudden

Its Dragon Boner. Dragon Bonar is a movie about independent era soldier

Forget that and talk about the picture.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

It's mostly in law from what I've seen. Either way, it's obnoxious and very unnecessary most of the time when you can use any other word in place of it

Conciseness saves time and trees.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Back to Heroes, has there been any datamine or anything for the upcoming Banner?  Not sure if they'll need to do an update for Lloyd's new map.

As far as I know, there isn't any indication of what the next banner(s) will be yet. Also, Lloyd's re-run was among the things found in the latest datamine so I don't think an update will be necessary but who knows.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Go buy me 叉燒包!

no u

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's mostly in law from what I've seen. Either way, it's obnoxious and very unnecessary most of the time when you can use any other word in place of it

I don't get why anyone would be anal about getting people to replace a word with another when the word getting replaced is technically correct...

So uh... Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker on my Fury Nowi? +Atk -HP.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

EITHER WAY, IT SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A VERB

IF YOU'RE GONNA USE IT TO DESCRIBE SOMETHING, why not just use "aforesaid"? there are 1000000093430 better ways to refer to past things than "said"

You don’t use “even” as a verb except in context of making something equal, but you still are sometimes able to not even.

Language is a living thing.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't get why anyone would be anal about getting people to replace a word with another when the word getting replaced is technically correct...

Just because it's correct doesn't mean it's not annoying or unnecessary. It reeks of trying to act too pretentious. You can use "the", "these", "that", "aforementioned", or the original word "aforesaid" instead...

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Standard Brave Archer 101 lul

Naw, it's Clarisse.

Funny, I was actually against this when you first brought it up. Seemed like the usual "oh just slap on a brave" steup, but I'm having a ton of fun with it. Not to mention, this is my first time actually seeing Luna's worth.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

YOU KNOW WHAT SAVES TIME?

JUST WRITE "THE"

Correction, reduce all your messages to as few letters as possible. I recommend learning Chinese or Japanese due to the meaning density of ideographs being greater than alphabetic letters. Alternatively, text like an Chinese/Japanese person does just use things like this ;):.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Just because it's correct doesn't mean it's not annoying or unnecessary. It reeks of trying to act too pretentious. You can use "the", "these", "that", "aforementioned", or the original word "aforesaid" instead...

I don't get how it's pretentious... But okay. I will stop using said word.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Swordbreaker for the longer uptime. QR is basically spent after one round.

Also, Lucina.

I'm actually mainly making this Nowi for Chain Challenge lol. I COULD drop Reinhardt on my Arena team, but...

Huh, because I never played Shadow Dragon, but Michalis never actually wielded Hauteclere, right? Hmm, I wonder why he has it Heroes, then.

Also, Hauteclere's effect should have been a built-in Renewal 2 instead of being a legendary Killer/Slaying Axe if they went with its home game effect, right?

I guess they could have given Michalis a personal weapon like "Axe of Michalis" and have it function like what Hauteclere does in Heroes since Silver Lance or Axe would be kind of lame while Hauteclere kept its original effect. Oh well.

Just wondering since I looked into Hauteclere to see if it mentioned when Minerva obtained it since an alternate, Pegasus Knight Minerva as a Tempest Trial reward would be cool and it would be even cooler if she kept Hauteclere as a Pegasus Knight.

Also, a free flyer with Ward Fliers would be really nice and so would a free L&D3 source. Cue developers making it so Pegasus Knight Minerva doesn't have L&D, but a different skill and her Hauteclere has Renewal 2 instead of being a legendary Killer Axe.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't get how it's pretentious... But okay. I will stop using said word.

It just sounds like you think you're too cool to use "the" or whatever to refer to the past word. I mean... sure, use it if you want. It's just almost never necessary when there are simpler ways to do so

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm actually mainly making this Nowi for Chain Challenge lol. I COULD drop Reinhardt on my Arena team, but...

I GAVE HER QR 

HYPEEEEE

What on earth have I walked into...

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I'd say QR > Swordbreaker in Arena because of the wider use and because uptime hardly matters when each unit only needs to go through 1-2 rounds of combat anyways (and do you really need the greater uptime of Swordbreaker? You aren't going to run into many teams running two sword units to begin with).

For longer gauntlets like Tempest or Chain, SB could see more use, but I'd still rather go QR and a healer (also I don't think I'd recommend Fury in such an environment because you really don't want the chip damage. Maybe go T-Adept instead?)

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As far as I know, there isn't any indication of what the next banner(s) will be yet. Also, Lloyd's re-run was among the things found in the latest datamine so I don't think an update will be necessary but who knows.

Okay, it seems like we've gotten info on Monday before, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.

15 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

YOU KNOW WHAT SAVES TIME?

JUST WRITE "THE"

http://grammarist.com/usage/said/

HELLLOOOOOOO? IT'S UNNECESSARY

Said suggestion does not always save time, e.g.: the suggestion you made does not always save time.

Conciseness helps encourage your clients to read through the contracts instead of asking you questions answered in the contract.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So uh... Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker on my Fury Nowi? +Atk -HP.

I would personally go with Quick Riposte, unless your glass cannons for some reason have trouble dealing with sword units. In a team composition with a mix of Player Phase and Enemy Phase units, Player Phase units should dish out the most kills while Enemy Phase units should only deal with enemies that the Player Phase units cannot handle.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You can also be a Twitter user and type sentences comprised of only emojis. Blech!

I just need 9k feathers left for Nowi's promotion. LET'S GOOOOO

ReinhardtEmoji OSFrog PogChamp Kappa OSFrog