Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, JSND said:

This is why you go all melee Flier Emblem or no balls

I want Minerva too

Yeah only did 2 pulls per banner because i want to restock Repos and Fury by going for Red Green on Gauntlet

CYL is probably going to be RGC fest for the better characters + restock on Deathblow

Actually Lucina is a unit one really wants because lance infantry is a bit lacky unless you bothered to train Donnel or got a good Lukas.

10 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Quick question: the CYL Heroes are here to stay, right? They'll still be around when their banner ends?

Should be: the way they're talking about them matches the way they talk about permanent banners, like calling them "New Heroes" rather than "Special Heroes", and the fact that their banner will only last for half a month rather than a full month like the two summer banners. That's not 100% certainty, but like 99%. In any case, we should find out for sure when the banner goes live, because the notifications always say whether or not the heroes will be added to the main summoning pool afterward.

That said, I do think it's likely that they'll all be 5* exclusive even in the regular pool, rather than two of them dropping to 4*.

16 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Quick question: the CYL Heroes are here to stay, right? They'll still be around when their banner ends?

The Brave / CYL heroes were referred to as "New Heroes" in their preview video instead of as "Special Heroes" like all the previous seasonal heroes. That by itself seems to suggest that the Brave / CYL heroes actually will stick around for good once their banner ends.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Should be: the way they're talking about them matches the way they talk about permanent banners, like calling them "New Heroes" rather than "Special Heroes", and the fact that their banner will only last for half a month rather than a full month like the two summer banners. That's not 100% certainty, but like 99%. In any case, we should find out for sure when the banner goes live, because the notifications always say whether or not the heroes will be added to the main summoning pool afterward.

That said, I do think it's likely that they'll all be 5* exclusive even in the regular pool, rather than two of them dropping to 4*.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The Brave / CYL heroes were referred to as "New Heroes" in their preview video instead of as "Special Heroes" like all the previous seasonal heroes. That by itself seems to suggest that the Brave / CYL actually will stick around for good once their banner ends.

Thanks for the responses! I noticed that in the trailer as well and was hoping so. I just doubted it because special costumes have mostly been cyclical. At least I know I can continue failing to pull them after their banner is gone.

Just now, azurrys said:

Thanks for the responses! I noticed that in the trailer as well and was hoping so. I just doubted it because special costumes have mostly been cyclical. At least I know I can continue failing to pull them after their banner is gone.

Yeah, it's a bit of a special case: it's not quite like any previous regular or seasonal banners.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

I am prepared to believe someone who speaks Japanese over my own reading, so I will assume that means doubles will not work.  However, not going to throw in the towel just yet, hopefully it does end up working for doubles.

Assuming it works as I think it does, it will block damage from the second hit of a double attack only if Ike cannot counterattack.

24 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Nobody knows for sure, but the wording used on the banner art is consistent with other banners that are not limited, so the probability is high.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

If two of them do get dropped, I'd say that it's pretty much guaranteed to be Roy and Lucina by virtue of them being the 2nd place finishers. I don't think I could handle them dropping Lyn specifically to a 4-5 star after their brilliant decision to give Reinhardt that treatment.

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Actually Lucina is a unit one really wants because lance infantry is a bit lacky unless you bothered to train Donnel or got a good Lukas.

Its a weird position though. For questing Sharena should do fine. For most usage, Blue slot have 90.000 good units

I kinda like her though

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Its a weird position though. For questing Sharena should do fine. For most usage, Blue slot have 90.000 good units

I kinda like her though

I was thinking of stuff like CC, Squad Assault, TTs and Arena Assault in which having multiple units of the same type is benefitial.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I was thinking of stuff like CC, Squad Assault, TTs and Arena Assault in which having multiple units of the same type is benefitial.

Yeah havent really played much CC and SA

Arena  Assault is a bitch though. I wish i have Ninian so i only need to play 3 battle

So, something else popped up in the datamine reddit post:

Spoiler

Text involving a Support mechanic:

MID_TIPS_0018: Strengthen your allies through\nAlly Support! Allies who are\npartnered up will gain a stat\nboost when they fight near\neach other.\n\nYou can find Ally Support\nunder Advanced Growth in the\nAllies menu.

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If two of them do get dropped, I'd say that it's pretty much guaranteed to be Roy and Lucina by virtue of them being the 2nd place finishers. I don't think I could handle them dropping Lyn specifically to a 4-5 star after their brilliant decision to give Reinhardt that treatment.

Yeah. Not only the fact that Ike and Lyn were 1st place, but also that they have increased stats and unique passives as a result. And Lyn's mounted archer status. And the fact that as a result of all that, I'm sure they're expecting Ike and Lyn to be the most picked heroes for the free summon, and dropping a more commonly picked unit would piss off the people who picked them. According to the poll in the thread about the banner, over 60% of players here are picking Lyn as their free summon and over 20% are picking Ike, which sounds reasonable enough to me, and I bet that's about the breakdown they're expecting.

Of course, the free pick is also more reason why I'm betting against them dropping any of them to 4*.

Hmm, if the Brave Heroes are here to stay and if Lucina and Roy become 4* summonable, then Lucina might be the first unit where you can get either Sturdy Blow 2 which is unlikely because all dual Blow skills are locked to 5* units or a Drive skill at 4* or she gets screwed like Clair and Xander and can only access both skills as a 5*. With Roy, either he becomes another source of Desperation 3 or just as unlikely, Steady Blow 2 as a 4*. Part of me also feels like none of the units will become 4* summonable, so, they'll stay in the regular summoning pool, but they're all 5* units.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I am not sure if that is sarcasm, but I think it is great that they dropped Reinhardt down to 4*. It helps free players get a powerful unit that they can use to tackle more difficult maps. I do not think they will drop any of the Brave Heroes down to 4*, but I would not mind it either.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure if that is sarcasm, but I think it is great that they dropped Reinhardt down to 4*. It helps free players get a powerful unit that they can use to tackle more difficult maps. I do not think they will drop any of the Brave Heroes down to 4*, but I would not mind it either.

REINHARDT IS TOXIC

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brilliant wasn't italicized just because I felt like doing it. Anyways, I think it was a shitty decision for the exact same reason. The guy pretty much only needs Death Blow 3 to ORKO the majority of the cast. Why Olwen wasn't the one who got dropped down instead still baffles me. Yeah, I know she can become just as deadly if not more so than her brother with the proper setup. However, said setup requires a modest amount of inheritance (5* Odin for Blarblade+, 5* hero with LaD for Life and Death 3) while, again, Reinhardt's already killing mostly everyone with Death Blow 3 plus an Attack boon. With how strong he is without requiring much of anything in terms of inheritance, he really should've stayed as a 5 star only.

I'd rather have people learn to deal with Reinhardt being everywhere (Cecilia is a free unit) than have him be like b!Cordelia, with a bunch more people being frustrated about not having him and not being able to do the sorts of strategies that demand a powerful Brave ranged attacker.

And at least right now, a lot of us who don't have b!Cordelia do still have Reinhardt.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

However, said setup requires a modest amount of inheritance (5* Odin for Blarblade+, 5* hero with LaD for Life and Death 3) while, again, Reinhardt's already killing mostly everyone with Death Blow 3 plus an Attack boon.

Olwen doesn't need Blarblade to match Reinhardt. Her Dire Thunder build is already on par with Reinhardt's, though it does have more required skills.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Olwen doesn't need Blarblade to match Reinhardt. Her Dire Thunder build is already on par with Reinhardt's, though it does have more required skills.

Thanks for the insight. I suppose I should avoid making statements about units that I don't have. My point that Reinhardt is easier to use out of the box compared to Olwen still stands though.

I have a -atk Olwen, and even though she only has 32 attack with Dire Thunder she still does quite well. Yeah, she doesn't hit as hard as my neutral attack Reinhardt, but she hits four times more often than he does and gets doubled less often. They both have their uses.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, something else popped up in the datamine reddit post:

Hide contents

Text involving a Support mechanic:

MID_TIPS_0018: Strengthen your allies through\nAlly Support! Allies who are\npartnered up will gain a stat\nboost when they fight near\neach other.\n\nYou can find Ally Support\nunder Advanced Growth in the\nAllies menu.

guessing it's the grand return of the radiant dawn support system. Maybe this is what will use those silver coins

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

REINHARDT IS TOXIC

♪♫ There's no escape ♫♪
♪♫ I can't wait ♫♪
♪♫ I need a (double) hit ♫♪
♪♫ Baby, give me it ♫♪
♪♫ Reinhardt's dangerous ♫♪
♪♫ I'm loving it ♫♪

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Brilliant wasn't italicized just because I felt like doing it. Anyways, I think it was a shitty decision for the exact same reason. The guy pretty much only needs Death Blow 3 to ORKO the majority of the cast. Why Olwen wasn't the one who got dropped down instead still baffles me. Yeah, I know she can become just as deadly if not more so than her brother with the proper setup. However, said setup requires a modest amount of inheritance (5* Odin for Blarblade+, 5* hero with LaD for Life and Death 3) while, again, Reinhardt's already killing mostly everyone with Death Blow 3 plus an Attack boon. With how strong he is without requiring much of anything in terms of inheritance, he really should've stayed as a 5 star only.

I am horrible at detecting sarcasm over written medium.

If they released them as new units today, they would definitely keep Reinhardt at 5* and maybe drop Olwen to 4*. I am glad that the developers released them back around launch since the developers did not have a good grasp of the meta game yet.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

If they released them as new units today, they would definitely keep Reinhardt at 5* and maybe drop Olwen to 4*. I am glad that the developers released them back around launch since the developers did not have a good grasp of the meta game yet.

I'm actually surprised it took so long for people to realize just how ridiculous Reinhardt is. I was deleting units left and right back when he was a bonus unit after begrudgingly removing Takumi from my line-up (I didn't care about arena score back then, just getting seven deathless wins was enough since I had an ample source of feathers from my first month of whaling extremely hard).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually surprised it took so long for people to realize just how ridiculous Reinhardt is. I was deleting units left and right back when he was a bonus unit after begrudgingly removing Takumi from my line-up (I didn't care about arena score back then, just getting seven deathless wins was enough since I had an ample source of feathers from my first month of whaling extremely hard).

I still remember when Rein was first release everyone was calling him the worst unit in the game