Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Hmm, looking at Cain's 5-star caps and he gets a 4-point bonus in defense if he's +def. I could run bonfire with that. I'm not going to go super all-out on him, so I was thinking about giving him attack+3 eventually and keep him with his brave sword build. Instead of waiting for a +atk one, should I just go with the current +def one, give him bonfire as a proc, and slap attack+3 on him? Would that be just as functional as a +atk one?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, looking at Cain's 5-star caps and he gets a 4-point bonus in defense if he's +def. I could run bonfire with that. I'm not going to go super all-out on him, so I was thinking about giving him attack+3 eventually and keep him with his brave sword build. Instead of waiting for a +atk one, should I just go with the current +def one, give him bonfire as a proc, and slap attack+3 on him? Would that be just as functional as a +atk one?

That kind of build would be somewhat functional in AA i guess

Theres just no in between with Green. Either its bulky as hell or its Nino Julia Sonya. I mean Red have Ike between Ryoma and Zephiel

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd go with Death blow almost all the time when someone has a brave, unless you lack a spare Klein or someone with it. Even if it's Death Blow 2, I think it'd be better than going with Atk+3.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Brave Lyn is pretty squishy though. If you give pretty much anyone with good Atk Bowbreaker, she's pretty much a goner.

Indeed. She requires very specific units if you want to bait and kill her on the counter, but there's plenty of ways to get rid of her on player phase. I've mentioned Raven Sanaki taking care of her, but my -Def Brave Ike takes little damage from her and can fully heal the damage from 1 shotting her with Aether on the next turn.

Hmm, I guess I could always wait to see if I get more of Cain since he is a lower priority right now. It's just that this is the first Cain I've pulled on this account and I'm not focusing on reds, so who knows when the next one will show up? XD

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

nothing wrong with that

It is my first time feeling like a princess. Now I know how Seth converted Eirika from Ephraim wincest to riding with Seth. It is very rare that I find a guy's voice attractive. So far, the only male voices that I really like listening to are Morgan Freeman, Ne-Yo, and now Chris Smith apparently.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

If it is for Arena Assault, almost anything is viable as long as you have a regular Brave/Gem/Effective Weapons; Weapons+ is unnecessary. Just match the color/effectiveness against the enemy and you are good to go. You can go as cheap or experimental as you want.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is my first time feeling like a princess. Now I know how Seth converted Eirika from Ephraim wincest to riding with Seth. It is very rare that I find a guy's voice attractive. So far, the only male voices that I really like listening to are Morgan Freeman, Ne-Yo, and now Chris Smith apparently.

If it is for Arena Assault, almost anything is viable as long as you have a regular Brave/Gem/Effective Weapons; Weapons+ is unnecessary. Just match the color/effectiveness against the enemy and you are good to go. You can go as cheap or experimental as you want.

Funny enough Axebreaker Tobin is actually legit for AA

17 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Brave Lyn is pretty squishy though. If you give pretty much anyone with good Atk Bowbreaker, she's pretty much a goner.

With her effective 5 attack range, it's really hard to get into position to attack her without getting hit first.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With her effective 5 attack range, it's really hard to get into position to attack her without getting hit first.

Sitting on the edge of her range works for me usually. For me, dancers almost never reach cavalries anyways unless they choose a very specific path.

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Narcian still winning the Twitter free unit poll?

Yeah, by a lot too.

13 minutes ago, JSND said:

Tobin is a great Hector counter. It is as if Hector is butter.

Apparently new players get the starter support hero fest banner available to them. My friend who just started playing the game had that banner available to him, and rolled Ike after I had him re-roll once.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

My Cain is +Def/-Atk, though I'm hoping to eventually get a +Def/-Res one. I gave him Swift Sparrow from Spring Lucina way back when, and it works great for him since his Spd is fairly high (especially with Hone Cavalry), though I'd say something like Fury, Atk+, Darting Blow or Death Blow would work just fine. If you leave him with Brave Sword, go for Ignis, since you'll activate it on anything you can x4 hit (which would be most bulky units like Hector). Swordbreaker works great to wipe out units like Ryoma, too.

Incidentally, I've only rolled three Cains so far, and two were 5* (the first being my very first pull).

50 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Apparently new players get the starter support hero fest banner available to them. My friend who just started playing the game had that banner available to him, and rolled Ike after I had him re-roll once.

See if it has an expiration date.

11 minutes ago, Alertcircuit said:

See if it has an expiration date.

The banner seemed to last for seven days when I saw it. Maybe new players get that starter support banner for a week after they first begin playing?

Having just a single unit with Renewal and Ardent Sacrifice during CC is the best thing ever. I spend the first 10 turns of a few maps just having Spring Cami healing everyone.

Edit: And I still fail it at the last stage. Dammit.

Edited by KongDude

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Training him again will be a bit annoying, but if +atk -spd works for him then I'll just do it and have him as an emergency horse emblem guy. Thanks.

Training up horse guys is boring easy if you put horse buffs (best on a healer like Elise) in his class team. 

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Yeah, it took me like 3-4 tries just to get 3 wins for the daily rewards for Arena Assault because CYL!Lyn keeps taking out my support units. Can't recall if I see a lot of her in normal arena but she's like basically in every match I face in AA. Speaking of arena, I've got some funny names from my normal arena defensive wins this week.

Reveal hidden contents

RqXKkSH.jpg

For the daily missions i don't even feel bad to use that one-unit-starter-team trick. 

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Too bad being Ike-less doesn't count, I've never seen that banner. Who else is on that banner?