eclipse

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:
  Hide contents

So if the datamine is true, the stats for all 4 characters are:

Elincia: 35 HP / 34 Atk / 36 Spd / 24 Def / 27 Res BST : 156

Nephenee : 37 HP / 31 Atk / 35 Spd / 34 Def / 20 Res BST: 157

Oscar: 40 HP / 33 Atk / 34 Spd / 26 Def / 21 Res BST : 154

Black Knight : 48 HP / 34 Atk / 34 Spd / 35 Def / 18 Res BST : 169

Funnily, despite everyone talking about how Oscar would be the unwanted pest, he looks really good. 33 Atk puts him only behind Berkut as far as Atk on Lance Cav go and as far as Spd goes he's tied with Roderick and Sully for the 1st spd Spd. 

Nephenee looks decent with her high Spd and Def, though her Atk is a bit lacking. Overall she looks good.

Elincia is just broken. Offensive stats on par with Tana compared with Amiti is more than I ever hoped for.

And BK looks monstrous as well. He's literally red Amelia with 1 more HP and 5 less Res and he comes with a DC weapon.
And I know the BK was fast for an armor in his games, but it's pretty funny how he outspeed Ike in Heroes.

Well, PoR!BK is actually capable of outspeeding Ike if your Ike hasn't max Spd xD

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:
  Hide contents

Funnily, despite everyone talking about how Oscar would be the unwanted pest, he looks really good. 33 Atk puts him only behind Berkut as far as Atk on Lance Cav go and as far as Spd goes he's tied with Roderick and Sully for the 1st spd Spd. 

Nephenee looks decent with her high Spd and Def, though her Atk is a bit lacking. Overall she looks good.

Elincia is just broken. Offensive stats on par with Tana compared with Amiti is more than I ever hoped for.

And BK looks monstrous as well. He's literally red Amelia with 1 more HP and 5 less Res and he comes with a DC weapon.
And I know the BK was fast for an armor in his games, but it's pretty funny how he outspeed Ike in Heroes.

Burger King almost always outspeeds Ike---getting your ass doubled is a real concern whether it's in PoR or RD, and in PoR you have to straight up run away, while in RD it means you can't fight him during the river crossing for the Secret Soren Support thing near the end of the game.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

@LuxSpes

Reveal hidden contents

What the fuck with Nephenee's def? She never was that bulky lol. Her str is ok, though quite high from what I expected.

Oscar looks good but has quite high atk.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's kind of weird and I was informed she was supposed to be speedy and fragile. She's probably not supposed to be a high resistance unit either, but it would have been nice if there was a regular lance infantry with high resistance just because.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, that's kind of weird and I was informed she was supposed to be speedy and fragile. She's probably not supposed to be a high resistance unit either, but it would have been nice if there was a regular lance infantry with high resistance just because.

Nephenee's Def growth is only 5% behind Ike in both Tellius games, so she's actually fairly bulky---it's just that her speed's insane compared to it so you don't notice. (And also because Tellius is basically Flier/Cavalry Emblem.)

Edit: And in PoR she actually has better bases than Ike, so it wouldn't be surprising if an equal leveled Neph out-tanks Ike, ignoring Ragnell and Aether.

Edited by DehNutCase

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Watch them make 4* Black Knight the 50,000 point reward and 5* Black Knight the 99,999 point reward. That is if they even reward a 5* of him in the first place considering how busted he is.

Reveal hidden contents

BK also outright doubles neutral/-Spd Brave!Ike. There's probably a joke in there somewhere...

I'd say it's 'Don't use Urvan against the Black Knight', but considering how busted Urvan is in heroes, it doesn't go as well.

19 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Hide contents

Well, PoR!BK is actually capable of outspeeding Ike if your Ike hasn't max Spd xD

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Burger King almost always outspeeds Ike---getting your ass doubled is a real concern whether it's in PoR or RD, and in PoR you have to straight up run away, while in RD it means you can't fight him during the river crossing for the Secret Soren Support thing near the end of the game.

I'd kind of forgotten how stupidly fast the BK was in both PoR and RD, since  my Ike is often spd blessed. Though I was definitely dreading having Ike face him in the river crossing chapter.

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@LuxSpes

Reveal hidden contents

What the fuck with Nephenee's def? She never was that bulky lol. Her str is ok, though quite high from what I expected.

Oscar looks good but has quite high atk.

Spoiler

She's tied with Azura with the lowest Atk on an infantry lance, though 31 is by no mean bad, especially when coupled with 35 Spd and 34 Def. Her default kit of Moonbow, Slaying Lance, Wrath and even her Atk/Spd + A passives all make up for it though.

Edited by LuxSpes

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Nephenee's Def growth is only 5% behind Ike in both Tellius games, so she's actually fairly bulky---it's just that her speed's insane compared to it so you don't notice. (And also because Tellius is basically Flier/Cavalry Emblem.)

Edit: And in PoR she actually has better bases than Ike, so it wouldn't be surprising if an equal leveled Neph out-tanks Ike, ignoring Ragnell and Aether.

Yeah, I checked her page on the Fire Emblem wiki and if you go with her RD base stats which Heroes might not being going with, she'd have more evened defenses, right? In PoR she supposedly has 9 base defense and 35% growth and 3 base resistance and 25%. Not sure how that would end up, but 34 defense in Heroes seems really high. Or maybe it's not. I don't know.

I still really want her, though, and Elincia too since their I love their artwork. Good stats are a bonus. :p

The new units look great but after the past couple of months of pulling, I'm going to focus energy on units that I can promote with feathers rather than pinning my hopes on pulling focus units.

IS has been generous with feathers and you can promote the colors/types you need, filling gaps in your collection, rather than waiting for luck to do the job.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, that reminds me that I have 100k feathers and if the Black Knight is a TT reward... I should make a fluffy pillow.

Same, I'm sitting on 109k feathers so I'm itchy to spend some of them on the Black Knight.

Spoiler

Looking at his PoR skillset, I wouldn't be surprised if his last skill is Renewal which is good, though I'm considering giving him Vantage to along with his base kit.

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Thing is growths aren't everything, and also mean little considering RNG. There are bases and the enemy surrounding said unit.

PoR Neph appears on Ch 10 basically as an Est unit that needs extra care and be spoon fed kills because she dies at 2 or 3 hits when your party is strong enough to be above lv. 12 or even promoted. Once trained she's another thing but the general idea of a unit is given by its behaviour right from the start and onwards, not when she's a buffed endgame material unit.

RD Neph looks pretty hot with them stats but 15/14 defenses is a really bad benchmark against P2 enemy units, specially in HM. She suffers AS loss, most halberdiers 2-3HKO her, she faces a sea of strong units like snipers and generals where they hit her hard and in counterpart she deals decent dmg and relies on Wrath crt procs to kill, grow and lv up. The best she can do is snatch crt kills in the earlier chapters and kill swordmasters, priests and mages reliably, the rest is either deal the last shot or rig crts. Afterwards is a different story but still, 34 def is something to open your mouth. Like, she has BK def wut

Edited by Quintessence

I'm kind of relieved. I thought datamining would make me go crazy for the new units, but I'm not feeling the need to go crazy. If I just so happen to get Neph or Oscar, I won't complain though. Was the next skill related banner datamined as well? Just the theme. Though we can usually guess the characters from the theme alone... Threaten DEF ends pretty soon.

Looking at the past few banners the power creep is starting to get ridiculous. Especially the brave heroes and this banner. While I think it's cool that these units are powerful I feel like it's starting to become too much. The black Knight basically just made Zephiel pointless to use. Elincia will be powerhouse on her own even without flier emblem to back her up. While Nephenee and Oscar are both powerful units in their own right as well. I'm hoping that it doesn't get more extreme from here because there's gonna be so many units left in the dust.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thing is growths aren't everything, and also mean little considering RNG. There are bases and the enemy surrounding said unit.

PoR Neph appears on Ch 10 basically as an Est unit that needs extra care and be spoon fed kills because she dies at 2 or 3 hits when your party is strong enough to be above lv. 12 or even promoted. Once trained she's another thing but the general idea of a unit is given by its behaviour right from the start and onwards, not when she's a buffed endgame material unit.

RD Neph looks pretty hot with them stats but 15/14 defenses is a really bad benchmark against P2 enemy units, specially in HM. She suffers AS loss, most halberdiers 2-3HKO her, she faces a sea of strong units like snipers and generals where they hit her hard and in counterpart she deals decent dmg and relies on Wrath crt procs to kill, grow and lv up. The best she can do is snatch crt kills in the earlier chapters and kill swordmasters, priests and mages reliably, the rest is either deal the last shot or rig crts. Afterwards is a different story but still, 34 def is something to open your mouth. Like, she has BK def wut

Eh, I have a feeling all they're basing stats on is growths and maybe bases, and in terms of those Neph is a classic tank. (I mean, otherwise all the Jagens ought to have like 10 more stats forever, since that's basically what they do in their games, they start ahead and stay ahead.)

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Eh, I have a feeling all they're basing stats on is growths and maybe bases, and in terms of those Neph is a classic tank. (I mean, otherwise all the Jagens ought to have like 10 more stats forever, since that's basically what they do in their games, they start ahead and stay ahead.)

Dude, Luke is a slow unit in this game. Thats all proof needed to know they base it on growth alone

LIterally the main reason people prefer Luke over Roderick is because Luke is faster

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Dude, Luke is a slow unit in this game. Thats all proof needed to know they base it on growth alone

LIterally the main reason people prefer Luke over Roderick is because Luke is faster

35/30/30/30/30 Ilyana when

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

He isn't Camus so it doesn't matter

;)

He's better than Camus for Assault Cav strats, and i've been running Assault Cav a lot

@Vaximillian Can't deny that though!

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:
  Hide contents

I find that hard to believe, going off the damage dealt and received by each character in the reveal trailer.

Nephenee did 32 damage against a Ruby Sword+ Sword Infantry, which became 39 through Moonbow. For Moonbow to add 7 damage, the enemy has to have 24-26 Defense, which Nephenee with that statspread does 39 damage to a Ruby Sword+ Sword Infantry with 26 defense BEFORE Moonbow is calculated.

Oscar would add up if the Lance Flier he was fighting had a Silver Lance+, 25 attack, and 23 Defense.

Elincia would add up if the Sword Infantry she was fighting had a Silver Sword+, 28 attack, less than 29 speed, and 31 defense.

Black Knight does not add up at ALL. In the first place BK had 52 hp in the Brave Heroes spotlight, but beyond that, that statspread does not work for what appeared in the spotlight. Ike did 2 base damage to Black Knight and added 20 damage to his attack with Aether. Black Knight did 25 base damage but adds enough damage from his special to kill Ike in one hit, and neither unit is able to double the other. With the spread you gave us, Ike does 7 base damage and adds 17 damage with Aether, Black Knight still does 25 but is able to double Ike.

Of course we'll find out in a few hours anyways, but I don't think that's right. Even accounting for skills there's only so much room for error when every one additional point in a stat can determine the battle, so unless Black Knight has a passive A skill that increases Defense by 5 and Speed by literally any amount, I'll remain doubtful.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I find that hard to believe, going off the damage dealt and received by each character in the reveal trailer.

Nephenee did 32 damage against a Ruby Sword+ Sword Infantry, which became 39 through Moonbow. For Moonbow to add 7 damage, the enemy has to have 24-26 Defense, which Nephenee with that statspread does 39 damage to a Ruby Sword+ Sword Infantry with 26 defense BEFORE Moonbow is calculated.

Oscar would add up if the Lance Flier he was fighting had a Silver Lance+, 25 attack, and 23 Defense.

Elincia would add up if the Sword Infantry she was fighting had a Silver Sword+, 28 attack, less than 29 speed, and 31 defense.

Black Knight does not add up at ALL. In the first place BK had 52 hp in the Brave Heroes spotlight, but beyond that, that statspread does not work for what appeared in the spotlight. Ike did 2 base damage to Black Knight and added 20 damage to his attack with Aether. Black Knight did 25 base damage but adds enough damage from his special to kill Ike in one hit, and neither unit is able to double the other. With the spread you gave us, Ike does 7 base damage and adds 17 damage with Aether, Black Knight still does 25 but is able to double Ike.

Of course we'll find out in a few hours anyways, but I don't think that's right. Even accounting for skills there's only so much room for error when every one additional point in a stat can determine the battle.

It's possible the black knight in the trailer where he appeared had boosted stats. Also looking at the units in the trailer they do not always show them off at level 40. Which by looking at the hp in the trailers it seems likely that they weren't. As for why the black knight wasn't doubling Ike at the time wary fighter is always a possibility.

2 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

It's possible the black knight in the trailer where he appeared had boosted stats. Also looking at the units in the trailer they do not always show them off at level 40. Which by looking at the hp in the trailers it seems likely that they weren't. As for why the black knight wasn't doubling Ike at the time wary fighter is always a possibility.

If we are really getting units with builds geared more toward utiity over the unit themselves, it doesn't make sense to give Black Knight Wary Fighter at all. Effie and Zephiel have the skill because without it anything, even most Brave Weapon builds, would be able to double them. 34 Speed is too high to even think Wary Fighter might have a use.

Also, if he really has boosted stats, then why does the Attack of the leaked BK and the spotlight BK remain the same? Why would only his HP get the Lunatic boost?