Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Support bonuses are hardly enough to base an entire relationship on, though. Well, at least for me. My standards are obviously much higher and more important.

On that topic, I wish those bonuses weren't called Supports, considering the conversations were always known as Supports in the GBA games; it makes things more confusing when discussing the Support conversations in FE11 and 12.

And as much as I love FE12, the conversations were very... hit-or-miss. I'll defend Est's surprisingly well done writing in her supports until the day I die (or until I lose interest), but some of the conversations that don't exist are just baffling. Even some of the ones that do exist are weird to have. Katarina and Cecil? Sure, they have history thanks to the Prologue, but... why them specifically? At least the Wolfguard and Sable Knights have a few conversations, as short as they may be (which is somewhat justified given their join time).

Katarina and Cecil are girls thats kinda easy lol. And FWIW Cecil's the first one that reacts to Katarina.

The GOAT convo is like:

Whitewings entire line

Wolf x Sedgar

And then i kinda like Marth x Caeda and Draug x Kris is funny

Kris x Wolf got my vote for being good in idea, terrible in execution

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Katarina and Cecil are girls thats kinda easy lol. And FWIW Cecil's the first one that reacts to Katarina.

The GOAT convo is like:

Whitewings entire line

Wolf x Sedgar

And then i kinda like Marth x Caeda and Draug x Kris is funny

Kris x Wolf got my vote for being good in idea, terrible in execution

I guess that's a fair point for Katarina and Cecil, though Cecil being Katarina's only conversation besides Kris still seems odd to me. Mostly because of the seemingly obvious conversations that weren't in at all...

I feel so conflicted about the entire Whitewing conversation branch. They all have conversations with every other member including Minerva (does she count as a Whitewing member? I've never been fully confident on that), and Est and Minerva have extras with Abel and Michalis respectively, so they take up a lot of conversation space that could've been used for other characters (and why no Catria and Warren? Poor guy really could've used more fleshing out. Palla and Abel could've been fun too). But they're also some of the best written conversations, so I have a hard time being upset at the conversations themselves.

Marth x Caeda was cute. I'm glad they at least added that obvious one in, especially since their relationship really isn't seen often enough. Kris and Wolf could've been great, yeah, but it got a little... weird, in some parts. And then I'm pretty sure his ending is still the exact same, so sorry about that Kris I guess. 

Whoa, I'm probably late to this but Easy mode Developer maps are the best HM grinding opportunity we've ever seen. 4.6 per character just to defeat four, fairly weak opponents. Gah, It's a shame they won't last past TT, I need stamina for that mode over the next two weeks. 

1 minute ago, StarKnight said:

Are there any heroes that might be worth giving Gray's Zanbato to?

Not really, I would rather give his Sword Valour to someone else instead (like Olivia for training units)

Or give me your Gray :(

@MrSmokestack Sorry, curly sheep hair just doesn't have the same effect as a ponytail for me :P 

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Not really, I would rather give his Sword Valour to someone else instead (like Olivia for training units)

Or give me your Gray :(

That's disappointing. I suppose I'll give some of his other skills to someone else or maybe I'll think of something.

3 minutes ago, StarKnight said:

That's disappointing. I suppose I'll give some of his other skills to someone else or maybe I'll think of something.

It's more that Zanbato is a niche weapon, and the scariest cavalry is blue (Reinhardt) or Brave Lyn who can shoot your sword user down before you reach them.

Maybe in a future GHB or BHB map it might be useful? But as of now Sword Valour is the better skill since double SP when training is really good- especially during TT bonus unit bonus SP or double SP weekends

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry Deidre, you never came and Sigurd needed a Reposition buddy for TT: 

Hide contents

59ece39bbfe2c_Screenshot_20171022-19580301.png.59a6ad3e5a5d5e58323055996527cf51.png

Maybe Sigurd should ask his teammate Arvis where Deirdre went to.

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Support bonuses are hardly enough to base an entire relationship on, though. Well, at least for me. My standards are obviously much higher and more important.

On that topic, I wish those bonuses weren't called Supports, considering the conversations were always known as Supports in the GBA games; it makes things more confusing when discussing the Support conversations in FE11 and 12.

Well PoR and RD had adjacent Critical and Critical Evade boosts that characters get without having conversations. The term RD used for them is "Bonds", you could use that, even if others wouldn't necessarily get that. 

20 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lana was a sheepgirl before E:SoV!Genny made it cool.

If Lana were to get in, she should have a Sleep Staff and Martyr. The enemy will be counting sheep, and allies will forever be grateful to their sacrificial lamb.

I've been on a Feather spending spree this weekend.  My latest projects:

Got my -Spd+Def Sophia to 5* and gave her Rawrraven+  2K + 20K + 20K

Gave Merric Gronnraven+ 20K

Gave Olwen Blarblade+ 2K + 20K

So that comes to about 84K feathers all together.

And not a Feather spending, but I merged a bunch of Healers to give myself a 4* Priscilla +5 and a 4* Clarine +1

I finally cleared out a lot of my Barracks to give myself some room, and sent home about a hundred units, since I don't think 10 Draugs or my dozens of healers will be contributing much SI any time soon.

@Rezzy Those are some nice projects there. I want to focus on augmenting freebies up to 5☆ and giving them proper SI.

First ones will be Virion, Matthew and Raigh.

Virion supports Tharja so he'll get Hone Atk, he already has Darting Blow and I'll figure what B skill I could give him. In the same way he might eat a Rally skill to support Tharja.

Matthew and Raigh haven't appeared with good natures so they'll wait.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Rezzy Those are some nice projects there. I want to focus on augmenting freebies up to 5☆ and giving them proper SI.

First ones will be Virion, Matthew and Raigh.

Virion supports Tharja so he'll get Hone Atk, he already has Darting Blow and I'll figure what B skill I could give him. In the same way he might eat a Rally skill to support Tharja.

Thanks, I've been compiling an army of Reinhardt and CYLyn counters for Arena Assault.

I've now got

Titania (R)

Julia (R)

Merric (Both)

Inigo (Both)

Sonya (R)

Soren (Both)

Sophia (L)

Robin (L)

Cecilia (R, if she's not running Gronnblade)

21 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

If unit trading/giving was a thing, I would gladly drop off my +Atk, -Def Raigh on you just to be rid of one more unit. At least he'd be useful to someone since I only use and keep starter Raigh for F2P strategies if I can't figure something out. Maybe my +Atk, -Res and I think I have a +Spd, -Res Matthew, but I'd rather keep as many Matthews as I can for Hone Speed.

Edited by Kaden

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I've been compiling an army of Reinhardt and CYLyn counters for Arena Assault.

I've now got

Titania (R)

Julia (R)

Merric (Both)

Inigo (Both)

Sonya (R)

Soren (Both)

Sophia (L)

Robin (L)

Cecilia (R, if she's not running Gronnblade)

GREEN TEAM

Speaking of green team, I met an axe team at the arena, it was Bartre +1, Legion, Barst and Ike, all of them had Fury except Ike. It was funny because Rein deleted them.

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If unit trading/giving was a thing, I would gladly drop off my +Atk, -Def Raigh on you just to be rid of one more unit. At least he'd be useful to someone since I only use and keep starter Raigh for F2P strategies if I can't figure something out. Maybe my +Atk, -Res and I think I have a +Spd, -Res Matthew, but I'd rather keep as many Matthews as I can for Hone Speed.

Yeah Hone Speed is really useful. A few days ago I got an Eirika, and she gave Hone Speed to Lloyd, he's going to support Nino. Speaking of Lloyd, I want to give him Swift Sparrow as well for +6/6 against full hp enemies. Add Hone atk from Nino and that'll be some good hits.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Arena, I met a +7 Jagen in Arena Assault with Ridersbane+ and Distant Counter.

How big are people's barracks by the way? I'm at 300 and I set that as a limit, since I really need orbs for summoning now..

905.  I'm a pack rat to the extreme and hardly ever send anybody home.  I did do some cleaning out today, and am now at 800/905.

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

How big are people's barracks by the way? I'm at 300 and I set that as a limit, since I really need orbs for summoning now..

My limit was 300 for a while, but now it‘s 325.