Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

yeah he was my free pull for the girls.

Then I picked the other red orb and it was a 3 star Hana- completely identical to my first summon session for the Ayra banner (except the Hinata was 4 star)

My set had one red and two greens. Don't remember the two greens I got, but they weren't anything to write home about. Hinata was 4* here.

Here's hoping for a Kat or an Amelia!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well. I didn't get Ryoma or Karel or Hinoka or Katarina. But I did get my first Ogma. He's also a good nature, +atk -def. Really wish I could've gotten Ryoma or Karel, though. I guess I have nine days left to get more orbs and try again for the guys at least.

Sadly I can't really spare the orbs to do another pull, as much as I would like getting the units here.

It's also amusing how 3 of the 4 units in the VG have been my latest pitybreakers last month.

Amelia broke my green dancer hunt for my second account.

Karel was a random YOLO pull for the Ayra banner.

Takumi was a pitybreaker in the failed hunt for Olivia (and amusingly, in the summon RIGHT after the free pull for Threaten Speed banner)

I didn't got anything worth talking about (Selena and Sophia). I kind of want to pull for Katarina and Amelia but I think it'll be better for me to keep trying for Nekura and if I want to try Armor Emblem someday then go for Henry.

Well, I was hoping to save orbs for Genny, but Katarina is definitely the highest priority for me right now. I can get back up to 25 orbs if I hurry up and clear all the November quests, and the Gauntlet will provide a few extra orbs too, so hopefully I'll be able to get her this time. At least it already wasn't a total loss of a banner, though.

I was about to do my gaunlet friend list cleaning (those who haven't played in two weeks) to get a good amount of space if needed and just noticed I have two japanese super whales as my friends. One has a Ninian+10 and the other a Julia+10 with Close Counter, Aether and other fancy stuff that I'd really like to try.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

One has a Ninian+10 and the other a Julia+10 with Close Counter, Aether and other fancy stuff that I'd really like to try.

The “Japanese super-whale” with a Ninian+10 is most likely @Ice Dragon. His Ninian is 49/39/40/27/27, Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, TA3, WoM3, Fort Dragons, Squad Ace 1.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Anyway, time for that most thrilling of times: Click on the "Reset Tower" button until it's good for my armours!

Did it yesterday already :)

With Hector, the BK, Arden, and Effie this quest stopped being menacing finally.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The “Japanese super-whale” with a Ninian+10 is most likely @Ice Dragon. His Ninian is 49/39/40/27/27, Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, TA3, WoM3, Fort Dragons, Squad Ace 1.

This one has 46/39/40/24/31, Lightning Breath+, Dance, Moonbow, TA3, WoM3, Hone Spd 3, Panic Ploy 2. I guess this person loves Ninian just like @Ice Dragon does.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Anyway, time for that most thrilling of times: Click on the "Reset Tower" button until it's good for my armours!

How did you perfectly guess what I was just doing?

I hope that the person who came up with that reset button got a raise. Or perhaps even a job as the president of the company. They are the real Fire Emblem Hero.

Did it yesterday already :)

With Hector, the BK, Arden, and Effie this quest stopped being menacing finally.

I'm using 4* Ward Armour Zeph in place of Arden, but same. It's just vaguely tedious.

Hm... I've got a spare 20K after the set I'm saving for Ishtar... might give Zephiel his Eckesachs this weekend. Him, Hinoka and that Hallowe'en Marth.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm... I've got a spare 20K after the set I'm saving for Ishtar... might give Zephiel his Eckesachs this weekend. 

By Naga, our goddess of thunder and thighs must come soon. I only have a male Robin among my infantry blue mages.

5 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait, PoR is $300 on Amazon now? I'm especially glad I got it earlier this year for only $100 then!

In fairness, she does start out being able to use both swords and staves. But... her Strength growth is 50%, while her Magic growth is 5%. With a starting sword rank of A, and a starting staff rank of C. And almost all of her artwork depicts her with a sword. And she promotes into a horse unit that can use every single weapon in the game. So basically, I don't know who thought making her a healer was the most sensible choice. In some ways I don't mind Lucius being a healer, since he got the exact same treatment that Raven got. It just... worked out much better in Raven's case.

Pretty much any Thracia character would make me consider whaling, haha. Leif especially is my favorite lord in the series, so putting him on a banner would be almost cruel with how few orbs I have saved up. FE4 Gen 2 does have a good number of characters that I like, but I don't think I like any of them as much as I like most of the FE5 cast. Not counting the characters that appear in both, of course. Now I almost hope that Genny isn't on an upcoming banner, so I can save my orbs on the small chance that Thracia really is next...

Sucks a lot. I would probably only spend money on Lyn or Edward at this point. I have most of the other characters I love. Here's hoping FE5 is next though, I'd be more interested in that than a FE4 Gen 2 banner. But either way it'll help me save orbs.

Anyways, Voting Gauntlet banner. Free pull along with the other 3 red stones on the female banner were all trash sadly. Free pull on the male side gave me my first Erika though which is cool even if she's almost the worst nature possible (+RES/-SPD). It's a shame. The lineup is actually pretty cool. Ryoma and Karel are both units I want. I want Amelia and wouldn't mind Katarina. A Hinoka with a better nature would be nice too.

However I have plenty of good sword units on par with Karel, Ike stands in for Ryoma, I have Henry so Amelia's armor march is less enticing (Plus Arden who makes picking units for my team difficult) and I already have Celica who's better than Katarina. So actually... I don't need any of the units on this banner. Getting any of these units doesn't compare to getting Edward, Lyn if she pops back up, the next Tempest bonus unit to prevent a perpetual headache, or even acquiring another one of the limited units. In short: not worth spending orbs.

16 orbs spent. First Erika obtained. No regrets, back to saving.

Edited by Zeo

Darn, the first banner with Karel on after I swore to pull for him has him sharing with another red -.-

I tried anyway, since I have a cruddy Ryoma (-spd). Didn't get very lucky, but eventually did pull... Ryoma. I did get my first Tailtiu though (4*). I don't want another Ayra situation with Ryoma so I'm leaving it there and hoping Karel shows up on another non-shared banner eventually. Funnily enough, I still don't have Athena, either. This game does not want to give me Wo Dao :(

It does also mean I have decided to start by supporting Ryoma in the new gauntlet. He was a pity breaker a long time ago and hopefully a better iv'd focus unit now :) I really hope he also isn't -Spd or -Atk.

From the 3 5*'s I pulled on the Halloween banner, two were -Atk (Sonya and Henry), while only my lovely Jakob wasn't (he was sorta netural).

Oh well. Back to building up orbs ^.^

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I. . .I can't even. . .GG, Heroes developers.  I'm officially at a loss for words regarding this voting gauntlet.

For better or for worse?

I think it’s refreshing to set such an unpredictable theme once in a while.

For better or for worse?

I think it’s refreshing to set such an unpredictable theme once in a while.

For the better!  I can't imagine anyone trying to take THIS gauntlet seriously.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm sure some will manage, somehow xD

Hopefully not, though. I'm loving the theme :D

I'm already seeing the Wrys memes, for the losing team. :P:

So the notifications updated too and now there is a post that says Ayra can sometimes appear as a hero of different rarity? Did I miss something

Edited by Crushie

6 minutes ago, Crushie said:

So the notifications updated too and now there is a post that says Ayra can sometimes appear as a hero of different rarity? Did I miss something

“May appear as different rarity” is the standard disclaimer that has been put on every banner before and will be put on every banner after.

What has changed is that Ayra is now added into general summoning pool without her introduction banner having expired yet.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

“May appear as different rarity” is the standard disclaimer that has been put on every banner since and will be put on every banner after.

What has changed is that Ayra is now added into general summoning pool without her introduction banner expiring yet.

Aaaaah. Well you learn something new every day, thank you! :D