Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The only reason I’d ever promote an Est, aside from satisfying my completionist urges, is to have an all 5* Whitewings team. She’s the only one I don’t have as a 5* out of those four at this point.

Oh my... and here I am, still needing to 5-star Palla to complete the set. It's unfortunate that Palla is the best source of Moonbow, besides Athena who I almost never get anyway. On the bright side, as someone who also has a completionist mindset, I'll never have to worry about 5-starring or even keeping Est again, since she's not exactly good for inheritance either.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Why would you upgrade a unit just for the convo...

I have attachment issues.

Also, getting that filled-in box in the Catalog is very appealing to my completionist self. In Est's case specifically, I was really hoping that it would have some reference to her Support conversations in New Mystery. I was extremely disappointed.

But really though it's mostly the attachment issues.

I gave Florina defense ploy and iceberg.

The only reason I haven't promoted her to 5-star yet is because I want to try to get one that's +atk or +spd without being -atk or -spd.

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Why would you upgrade a unit just for the convo...

Favouritism?

@DefaultBeep who needs Palla when Elincia exists? She even power creeped her in the green-haired sword flier department.

nah just joking, if you really want to complete the set do it. I would never even get the chance to even do a +10 4 star Palla because she is such good fodder.

i'm in the mindset that if they're so common but poor fodder i will +10 them like Est. If they have skills that are hood inheritance like Palla or Odin then i'll 5 star one out of favouritism then use the restaa fodder

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Favouritism?

@DefaultBeep who needs Palla when Elincia exists? She even power creeped her in the green-haired sword flier department.

nah just joking, if you really want to complete the set do it. I would never even get the chance to even do a +10 4 star Palla because she is such good fodder.

i'm in the mindset that if they're so common but poor fodder i will +10 them like Est. If they have skills that are hood inheritance like Palla or Odin then i'll 5 star one out of favouritism then use the restaa fodder

I'd assume favoritism would lead into actually using the character anyways.

Rip my brave Palla. She'll get benched as soon as Elincia arrives.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

who needs Palla when Elincia exists? She even power creeped her in the green-haired sword flier department.

Who needs Elincia when terrible luck Caeda exists? ;)

Spoiler

R78bRsS.jpg

I wasn't joking when I was talking about giving Def Ploy to Caeda. I just need to get her with +Atk, and then she'll be complete. Hooray for favoritism!

If I ever get a Palla with +Spd/-Res or something like that, then I'll promote her (and probably just keep her Ruby Sword because Brave is kinda pointless now) so that I can complete the team. Otherwise, she'll be on fodder duty for sure.

Even if it's worse than 4-star +10, it just bothers me to not have the unit at 5-star. Fittingly, the above Caeda was +7 when I finally promoted her, so her current stat total is lower than it was before. She'll work her way back up eventually, though.

I actually got a +atk -HP Caeda twice. One of them was 5-star. So naturally I ended up merging the 4-star one into her because that saves me 20,000 feathers. Also have a Palla with +atk -res. Yeah, I don't think it's as good as +spd, but whatever.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Who needs Elincia when terrible luck Caeda exists? ;)

Reveal hidden contents

R78bRsS.jpg

I wasn't joking when I was talking about giving Def Ploy to Caeda. I just need to get her with +Atk, and then she'll be complete. Hooray for favoritism!

If I ever get a Palla with +Spd/-Res or something like that, then I'll promote her (and probably just keep her Ruby Sword because Brave is kinda pointless now) so that I can complete the team. Otherwise, she'll be on fodder duty for sure.

Even if it's worse than 4-star +10, it just bothers me to not have the unit at 5-star. Fittingly, the above Caeda was +7 when I finally promoted her, so her current stat total is lower than it was before. She'll work her way back up eventually, though.

I havea +Spd/-Res Palla although the +Spd/-HP one is currently trained up. I figured the -HP is bulkier if I gave her the +HP skill, right? Just in case I need to bait green mages.

unfortunately my main account's Elincia is -Spd, but i guess she's player phase anyway

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I actually got a +atk -HP Caeda twice. One of them was 5-star. So naturally I ended up merging the 4-star one into her because that saves me 20,000 feathers. Also have a Palla with +atk -res. Yeah, I don't think it's as good as +spd, but whatever.

My 9 not-+Atk Caeda's and I are crying right now. I got a neutral 5-star Caeda just a couple of days after promoting my +Spd/-HP one. At least she was able to provide a small increase to her Spd and slightly patch the -HP. And now, whenever I do get her with +Atk, the merge will be enough to increase her Atk and Res a bit as well, which is exciting.

I have a +Atk/-Res or -HP (not sure which) Palla as well. She's certainly just as usable either way, but I don't plan to use her a whole lot regardless, so I'd rather wait for the best possible boon/bane before promoting her.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I havea +Spd/-Res Palla although the +Spd/-HP one is currently trained up. I figured the -HP is bulkier if I gave her the +HP skill, right? Just in case I need to bait green mages.

unfortunately my main account's Elincia is -Spd, but i guess she's player phase anyway

Technically, yeah, although the banes probably don't make a huge difference either way in this case. I'm planning to keep my HP Seal on Seliph and eventually give him Panic Ploy in his C slot, since I don't really have any better use for it.

Hopefully you'll get a +atk Caeda that's not -spd eventually. The extra attack really helps out, and I can offset her frailty using one of the HP seals. Put her on a flier team and she should be lethal, and if you have Hinoka or Halloween Nowi for hone fliers even better.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hopefully you'll get a +atk Caeda that's not -spd eventually. The extra attack really helps out, and I can offset her frailty using one of the HP seals. Put her on a flier team and she should be lethal, and if you have Hinoka or Halloween Nowi for hone fliers even better.

That's the hope and dream. Especially since she gets 4 points from +Atk instead of the usual 3, which is extremely helpful for her. I do indeed have Hinoka, and Caeda currently has an S Support with Minerva, so she has a solid supply of buffs on my flier team. I just need to build up Catria and give her Goad Fliers to have a permanent fourth member, at least until I get a tome flier.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's the hope and dream. Especially since she gets 4 points from +Atk instead of the usual 3, which is extremely helpful for her. I do indeed have Hinoka, and Caeda currently has an S Support with Minerva, so she has a solid supply of buffs on my flier team. I just need to build up Catria and give her Goad Fliers to have a permanent fourth member, at least until I get a tome flier.

That feel when your only Caeda is -Atk :(

FEH Channel hurry up already!

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

I fail to see how Shirou is not a mage, like, it's 100% impossible that Shirou and his projection magic is not in the class that has tomes which

SUMMON SWORDS

as a defining feature.

Edit: He can even get a Prf -blade tome, maybe one that reduces special cd.

:D

Double Edit: It also meshes with Gil, because there's no way Gil's not in the most overpowered class in FEH (mage) if Gil gets in as well.

Because that would mean SI was a thing and you could give Shirou regular tomes and he has literally 0 Magical talent. All he can do is projection and reinforcement magic and technically blade tomes are swords made of literal magic rather than just plain swords. Even Archer would be dicey as a mage since he doesn't really have magical talent either. That's why Kanshou and Bakuya dagger unit suits him and Caladbolg II Archer suits his future counterpart.

Gil on the other hand could be whatever he wants because lolKingofHeroes. In fact he should get a Prf Blade tome that grants +5 to ATK and SPD (As visible buffs) if his health is over 50% and a built in Renewal just to slap you in the face.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Haha, sounds like when you get a +atk Caeda your flier team will be a force to be reckoned with. My own flier team, although it looks better than it did a few weeks ago, is still not super good and is easily the weakest of my three emblem teams. But Hinoka having hone fliers and being really good will make up for not having any flier mages (because I didn't want the seasonal fliers and don't like any of the three as characters).

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That feel when your only Caeda is -Atk :(

FEH Channel hurry up already!

D:

For a long time, my best Caeda was +HP/-Def, which is at least kinda close to neutral since her Def is already kinda spotty. Then I suddenly got like 7 more Caedas in quick succession, and +Spd/-HP was at least good, even if it's not the best.

Just three more hours, right? I'm curious if it'll make me want to change my avatar like last month's trailer did.

Actually... give me a moment, I have an idea.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Haha, sounds like when you get a +atk Caeda your flier team will be a force to be reckoned with. My own flier team, although it looks better than it did a few weeks ago, is still not super good and is easily the weakest of my three emblem teams. But Hinoka having hone fliers and being really good will make up for not having any flier mages (because I didn't want the seasonal fliers and don't like any of the three as characters).

It's amazing how good armor emblem has become lately. Having Arden, BK, and Armor March has made my own team so much better, even if I still don't have Hector or a ranged armor unit. Agreed on the tome fliers, too. Female Corrin I'm at least indifferent toward as a character, but her art just looks off to me, and the other two aren't characters I care for much.Pseudo-Cordelia Catria will likely be my permanent fourth member for a while, or at least until we get a mage flier I actually like.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

D:

For a long time, my best Caeda was +HP/-Def, which is at least kinda close to neutral since her Def is already kinda spotty. Then I suddenly got like 7 more Caedas in quick succession, and +Spd/-HP was at least good, even if it's not the best.

Just three more hours, right? I'm curious if it'll make me want to change my avatar like last month's trailer did.

Actually... give me a moment, I have an idea.

It's amazing how good armor emblem has become lately. Having Arden, BK, and Armor March has made my own team so much better, even if I still don't have Hector or a ranged armor unit. Agreed on the tome fliers, too. Female Corrin I'm at least indifferent toward as a character, but her art just looks off to me, and the other two aren't characters I care for much.Pseudo-Cordelia Catria will likely be my permanent fourth member for a while, or at least until we get a mage flier I actually like.

That's my other Caeda in my second account. +HP/-Def is kind of neutral, so I foddered off my +Res/-Def one to Cherche for Fortify Fliers. Not really going to invest in her yet until I get +Atk, training her up was already a chore.

3 more hours? Seemed a bit later than last time. Too bad game is on maintenance right now, maybe I'll go play awakening and build my Fates lancer-themed Avatar...

If there is one thing I am waiting for, it is for Spring!Camilla to come back for my flier emblem team, as it could really use some one for anti Rienhardt/Brave Lyn. She would probably replace Cherche on the team of Cherche, Hinoka, H!Nowi, and S!Corrin.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Three hours until the stream!

Sounds like around 11 PM EST. Sweet, maybe I'll watch a movie (or keep thinking about how I could make Shirou a dagger unit and not suck.)

There was a Fire Emblem esque game I played called Battle Moon Wars that had Fate characters. Maybe I'd give Shirou the skill he had there. Indomitable.

If unit is below 25% health, all incoming damage reduced by 80%.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Sounds like around 11 PM EST. Sweet, maybe I'll watch a movie (or keep thinking about how I could make Shirou a dagger unit and not suck.)

There was a Fire Emblem esque game I played called Battle Moon Wars that had Fate characters. Maybe I'd give Shirou the skill he had there. Indomitable.

If unit is below 25% health, all incoming damage reduced by 80%.

This would make Jaffar a really good unit.  He'd laugh at that skill.

@Vaximillian I hope you're just as ready to be horribly disappointed as I am.

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's my other Caeda in my second account. +HP/-Def is kind of neutral, so I foddered off my +Res/-Def one to Cherche for Fortify Fliers. Not really going to invest in her yet until I get +Atk, training her up was already a chore.

3 more hours? Seemed a bit later than last time. Too bad game is on maintenance right now, maybe I'll go play awakening and build my Fates lancer-themed Avatar...

It is a bit tough to use her without a good boon or with a lot of merges. I can't wait until I can finally fodder off Caedas again. Soon, my Caeda Curse will be lifted...

Yeah, it's weirdly late this time. Not sure why. I'll probably grab dinner and play some KoF until it starts; all the discussion about it has put me in the mood to play it. I still need to 100% the Gallery in XIV, so I'll likely work on that.

Edited by DefaultBeep

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

This would make Jaffar a really good unit.  He'd laugh at that skill.

But isn't his thing damage after the encounter? He wouldn't be able to scratch a unit with that boost, though he'd pretty much put them near 1 HP for an easy followup kill.