Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The fates children are none I care for so I can safely ignore that banner without remorse.

I'm done with Squad Assault 5 (turns out Sophia breaks half the 4th map by herself, the other half needs a swordbreaker blue). Now time to start book II!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Loki's staff is called Thokk must resist thot joke that make her a colorless mage. And Laevatein's sword is called Laevatein funny enough. That increase damage with buffs, a blade sword if you will. 

I've waited weeks just for this:

Spoiler

zGDxcBH.jpg?1

Not the ideal build I want for him, but for now, I think it will do just fine. :3 I just wanted to outfit him without having to waste feathers for the fodder.

Oh, by the way, I said earlier that Sol Katti gives Brash Assault 3, but that's not quite correct. Sol Katti gives Brash Assault 3, but with the same HP threshold as Desperation 3. And the upgrade gives her Desperation 3 as well. So... yeah.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In response to Rezzy

Reveal hidden contents

Well people are already familiar with Tharja, who for better or worse has popularity. Not helping is Christmas Tharja coming up soon probably.

At least two of the Fates 2nd Gen royals are in. It would have been really wrong if all of them got snubbed. This is also gender balanced instead of lady slanted, which is good too. Two Swords is eh, but a Infantry Lance is good. What Color is Raja?

Like L'Arachel, it looks like they are saving Forrest for later. Not a bad move. Need to conserve a popular character or two.

Spoiler

Maybe, just maybe, we could have an all boy banner for once.

Also Forrest and Kiragi>Siegbert and Shiro.

Were Owl tomes on the list of weapons that could be refined?   Because I don't think they were... but... it turns out that they can be refined.

Spoiler

yNzWrf5.png

Effects are:

• +2 HP, + 2 MT
  • +2 HP / +1 Mt / +2 Spd
  • +2 HP, /+1 Mt / +3 Def or +3 Res

Bolganone+ also has the same upgrades listed above.

Wolf ---> Keenwolf adds 2 MT... nothing terribly exciting.

Mystletainn adds Fury 3 when forged... fitting for Lionheart.  This is interesting because it sorta "frees up his A slot" for other skills like DC, meaning he can have DC, Fury 3 and - 1 CD simultaneously... or just run Double Fury 3 for that nice +6/+6/+6/+6 and 12 Dmg recoil.

Spoiler

Tp7Bad2.png

3 minutes ago, ExKalibur said:

Were Owl tomes on the list of weapons that could be refined?   Because I don't think they were... but... it turns out that they can be refined.

Hide contents

yNzWrf5.png

Effects are:

• +2 HP, + 2 MT
  • +2 HP / +1 Mt / +2 Spd
  • +2 HP, /+1 Mt / +3 Def or +3 Res

Bolganone+ also has the same upgrades listed above.

Wolf ---> Keenwolf adds 2 MT... nothing terribly exciting.

Mystletainn adds Fury 3 when forged... fitting for Lionheart.  This is interesting because it sorta "frees up his A slot" for other skills like DC, meaning he can have DC, Fury 3 and - 1 CD simultaneously... or just run Double Fury 3 for that nice +6/+6/+6/+6 and 12 Dmg recoil.

Hide contents

Tp7Bad2.png

Now we just need to find out how easy it's going to be to get the mats for all this.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All the fates kids have boosted BST. I guess this is how it's going to be from now on then. *sigh*

Really?  I'm not seeing that as having been mined yet.

I just used units I never bothered to train up for the first two chapters of Book 2, since it starts with LV1 foes and I didn't feel like steamrolling with a LV40 team.

And I've discovered that I really like Camus's voice.

Also, Surtr's weapon is bullshit. Not sure if that needs a spoiler or not, but there you go.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Enemy manaketes?

Never mind best gril Fjorm being voiced by Heather Watson. Never mind Hauteclere becoming the lovechild of Slaying Axe and Wo Dao. Never mind the revealed Children of Fate units.

Enemy manaketes are hands down the coolest part of this update for me. I am pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, I got excited when I saw that. And it was surprising, and pleasantly so.
Not better than Fjorm's deathflip when she kills people tho. That is the coolest part of this update for me, just for how unexpected it was.
Also Fjorm is the coolest part of the update period. Because ice princess.

Also, on the new-character spoilers:

Spoiler

Well, I'll be pulling Blue/Red next banner, if I have Orbs.

I like Soleil's art, Shiro and Seigbert look like they'll be cool, and I don't care for Rhajat at all.
Hopefully Soleil'll drop to 4-Star post-banner, 'cause I fear I won't have such good luck on this one.

Dunno if I'll have Orbs after the legendary banner (probably will, there isn't that much that I need, really just Celica), but that's something I can worry about in the future.

2 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Fuck me man, Soleil is on next banner. I might skip that banner if Soleil gets demoted to four stars though, but otherwise I gotta put off getting Bride Cordelia for a while.

She most likely will. It's her or Seigbert, and no way he's dropping. Especially if he gets upgraded!Seigfried like I'm expecting him to.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, by the way, I said earlier that Sol Katti gives Brash Assault 3, but that's not quite correct. Sol Katti gives Brash Assault 3, but with the same HP threshold as Desperation 3. And the upgrade gives her Desperation 3 as well. So... yeah.

Not sure how I feel about this. Kinda makes my +SPD Lyn not as good, since her SPD pretty much doesn't matter any more once she hits 75% HP... but now I can feel good about burning a Reinhardt to give Lyn Vantage 3, so it's okay. Plus my Lyn can probably double reliably before hitting that threshold, which is probably a good thing.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All the fates kids have boosted BST. I guess this is how it's going to be from now on then. *sigh*

Spoiler

Could just be 'cause they're child units. That's what I'd do with child units.

Maybe we'll start getting back to regular BSTs next banner?

30 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Edit: Although, does all of this really even need to be spoiled? It's all visible in Book II already, no datamining required.

Well I'm just going to. A little mystery is good.

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, just maybe, we could have an all boy banner for once.

Also Forrest and Kiragi>Siegbert and Shiro.

Based purely on what little I know of them, I'll agree. 

Also, about a year, certainly two from now, they'll have to do a full male banner. There are only so many butterflies to catch.

Introducing Gonzalez, Deke, Astolfo, and Hugh!

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well I guess this how Tharja is going to keep competitive- get a straight upgrade. Most characters aren't so lucky. They don't have a second self to be their Mk II Custom upgrade.

Also of the newbies, who looks like they'll be staying 5 ⭐️ ? Will the 5 pool at last surpass the 4? Any guesses as to what will happened to the Farfetched? All 5s?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I'm just going to. A little mystery is good.

Hide contents

Based purely on what little I know of them, I'll agree. 

Also, about a year, certainly two from now, they'll have to do a full male banner. There are only so many butterflies to catch.

Introducing Gonzalez, Deke, Astolfo, and Hugh!

Hide contents

Well I guess this how Tharja is going to keep competitive- get a straight upgrade. Most characters aren't so lucky. They don't have a second self to be their Mk II Custom upgrade.

Also of the newbies, who looks like they'll be staying 5 ⭐️ ? Will the 5 pool at last surpass the 4? Any guesses as to what will happened to the Farfetched? All 5s?

Spoiler

I don't know if Shiro and Siegbert's weapons are prf weapons, but I'd guess that Soleil and Rhajat get bumped down to 4*.  Not knowing the stats for the weapons makes calculating their BST tough.

At least these characters have the excuse of being kid units for getting the BST bump.

Oh no... it seems Staff users have to pick between having innate Wrathful Staff or innate Dazzling Staff on their Staff+...

Dazzling Staff isn't a common skill yet, but Wrathful Staff seems kinda unnecessary when most of what a staff will now be feared for is debuffing the enemy to hell and back... but unlike Dazzling Staff, I actually have Wrathful Staff fodder... but the only staff user I have that's even worth a damn (Priscilla, an old MVP before I was powercreeped) runs Live to Serve 2 and relies on the skill to not die... what to do...

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Not sure how I feel about this. Kinda makes my +SPD Lyn not as good, since her SPD pretty much doesn't matter any more once she hits 75% HP... but now I can feel good about burning a Reinhardt to give Lyn Vantage 3, so it's okay. Plus my Lyn can probably double reliably before hitting that threshold, which is probably a good thing.

I'll admit, my Lyn is +Atk/-Spd, so I'm kinda okay with this, haha. But her Spd will still matter against foes that can't counterattack at least; someone like Nino may still avoid being doubled without some help.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I just realized, neither Minerva nor Michalis get any benefit from the Wo Dao effect with their default specials. Minerva has Cowl and Michalis has an AoE.

: /

Bit of a character design fail, there.

Yeah, it works great with some SI, but out of the box, it does nothing for them. Which is a shame, but at least it's an actually useful effect when SI is considered.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Oh no... it seems Staff users have to pick between having innate Wrathful Staff or innate Dazzling Staff on their Staff+...

Dazzling Staff isn't a common skill yet, but Wrathful Staff seems kinda unnecessary when most of what a staff will now be feared for is debuffing the enemy to hell and back... but unlike Dazzling Staff, I actually have Wrathful Staff fodder... but the only staff user I have that's even worth a damn (Priscilla, an old MVP before I was powercreeped) runs Live to Serve 2 and relies on the skill to not die... what to do...

So shall the demand for lamb chops decline?

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Why is Siegbert so fast, no child of Xander could ever hope to be that fast.

Xander's has no effects on Siegbert's Speed other than lowering the cap by 1 (which is mitigated by the Gen 2 +1 to all caps). Siegbert himself has average-good Speed growth with a good base, and can have a fast mom. Unfortunately he can't have the absolutely fastest Speed mom, since those are Setsuna, Camilla, and Elise. The former is not Nohrian or royal, the latter two are sisters.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

So shall the demand for lamb chops decline?

Hide contents

Xander's has no effects on Siegbert's Speed other than lowering the cap by 1 (which is mitigated by the Gen 2 +1 to all caps). Siegbert himself has average-good Speed growth with a good base, and can have a fast mom. Unfortunately he can't have the absolutely fastest Speed mom, since those are Setsuna, Camilla, and Elise. The former is not Nohrian or royal, the latter two are sisters.

Spoiler

Average-good I feel translates better to 30 or 33, as I remember it doing for other units.

Nah, now we just demand more for the slaughterhouse.

LAMB MUTTON IS ON THE MENU MAH BOIS. ALL DORCASES WELCOME.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll admit, my Lyn is +Atk/-Spd, so I'm kinda okay with this, haha. But her Spd will still matter against foes that can't counterattack at least; someone like Nino may still avoid being doubled without some help.

Yeah, yours is much better off now, since your Lyn can take better advantage of Desperation + Brash Assault better than mine can (plus you have +ATK, and now I'm a tiny bit jealous).
And Nino'll probably avoid being doubled by my Lyn either way, since she's so fast... though Lyn probably only needs one hit to cut her down.

@Korath88 Okay, so:

Spoiler

Wasn't expecting Rhajat to come with Gronnwolf. Still, at least it's available on someone other than F!Robin now.

Guess Seigbert isn't getting Better Siegfried after all, huh.
Wonder what his and Shiro's weapons'll do.

SOLEIL HAS FIRESWEEP SWORD
AND SHE'S FAST
YES

Might only pull Red now, since Shiro doesn't interest me that much (though who knows, maybe he'll interest me a tiny bit more by the time his banner rolls around) and I really want Soleil (Seigbert probably wouldn't be terrible either, dude has surprising SPD and a unique-sounding sword).

Thanks for posting that, mate!

@Rezzy

Here are the stat spread of the fates units

Spoiler

Rhajat

HP : 36
Atk : 35
Spd : 34
Def : 21
Res : 24
BST : 150

Shiro

HP : 41
Atk `35
Spd : 30
Def : 35
Res : 22
BST : 163

Soleil

HP : 37
Atk : 38
Spd : 35
Def : 28
Res : 24
BST : 162

Siegbert

HP : 41
Atk : 34
Spd : 35
Def : 31
Res : 16
BST : 157

So yeah, it seems like this is the new standard for BSTs.