Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Contemplating on making a +10 Seliph next week when I can upgrade his Tyrfing. I have two builds and I'm wondering what you guys think would work better.

Build 1:

Weap: Divine Tyrfing

Ass: Repostition

Spec: Sacred Cowl / Escutcheon (which?)

A: Steady Breath

B: Shield Pulse

C: Depends, might do Infantry Pulse

Build 2:

Spec: Ignis

B: Quick Riposte

For seals: Probably either Close Defence or Deflect Magic. Does anyone know the formula with Deflect Magic and Sacred Cowl/Escutcheon + Shield Pulse? 

For Boons / Banes, probably +ATK -SPD/RES (Speed is already low, but Res takes a lower hit thanks to Divine Tyrfing and Deflect Magic if I take it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

54 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Build 1:

Spec: Sacred Cowl / Escutcheon (which?)

B: Shield Pulse

I think either is fine; it depends on what you have more trouble with to tank. You might also want to try out Aegis/Pavise against Brave Weapon-Moonbow-Quickened Pulse combo.

58 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Build 2:

Spec: Ignis

B: Quick Riposte

I prefer this build. I am not a fan pure tanks, but if I am forced to use an Enemy Phase melee infantry, I would go with this build rather than the tanky build above.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

For seals: Probably either Close Defence or Deflect Magic. Does anyone know the formula with Deflect Magic and Sacred Cowl/Escutcheon + Shield Pulse? 

I am not completely sure, but I think it is additive. 110%(=80%+30%) of the damage will be reduced, and an additional 5 damage would have been reduced if the damage reduction is below 100%.

So, if the enemy's Moonbow activates, 80%(=80%+30%+(-30%)) of the damage will be reduced, and additional 5 damage will be reduced.

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder if I should just enhance Deirdre's green mage role by running Triangle Adept? I mean, I have to pull a rare Roy first....maybe Fury (but alas Hinatas are rare, too but I have Bartres?)

B and C skills will probably stay the same.

And wow, 8% banner really enjoys taunting people who want a certain character. I wanted Spring Camilla or Bridelia the most, also maybe Ike and Ayra. I got neutral Bridelia in main account at least, but yeah it's like as soon as you decide you want a character the game suddenly makes it harder for you

TA3 sounds great for her; blue mages would do practically nothing to her, and she'd be able to do a bit more against them in turn. Somehow, after spending  350+ orbs on this banner, I've walked away with nary a single Roy as well. I've only had two of him period since launch, in fact; Young Tiki is so hungry for that TA3...

Heh, for as many great 5-stars as I've had, I still didn't get Celica or Hector, who were the red and green that I wanted most. I did get Caeda and Genny though, so that's a plus, and Ayra and Deirdre are great to have too. Xander is... well, he's got an okay boon/bane at least.

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Well, a whole lot of nothing in the next batch of orbs just then. First batch I passed on after summoning on the one green. It was one blue and 3 reds. I could have left *5's on the table. A little regret but you never know. The next batch of orbs had one of two red units that's been stalking me pop up in both red orbs. 

I didn't pull any *5 reds this time, but I have this now.

*snip*

She's +ATK/-DEF. Raigh's also at +5. If I hadn't merged the 4 others I had at *3 I could have spent 8k feathers and +10'ed her. But why bother when she's just going to pop up again in a later session. Her stats at this point are actually pretty respectable and I may consider building her at this point. Heck, same with Raigh (who's +SPD/-DEF).

You have no idea how jealous I am of this! Fir was my first 5-star promotion, and I've been hoping for a +Atk Fir for months to promote and merge into. She can get a strong amount of kills with a Wo Dao+/Slaying Edge+(SE+ is cheaper, and gives like one or two fewer kills), Moonbow, LaD3, and Swordbreaker, if you're interested. Not that I've spent too much time testing out Fir builds on KageroChart or anything...

My Clair really wants to get used. I used the 20 orbs from the december quests and only got another Clair (this makes her 4*+8). The good news is that this one is +Spd -Def which is an improvement from her +Spd -Res incarnation. I guess she can move up in the priority list for an upgrade although she needs 60k feathers to be complete...

On other news turns out Fjorm really works well alongside Lucina and Genny. Deirdre doesn't work that well with this team due to having almost the same job as Fjorm, I'll need to find a team for her later.

So yeah, even the gamepress site (I first mentioned gamepedia) says that Rhajat has Savage Blow 3 at 4*, but I guess time will tell. BTW, none of the Farfetched Heroes will be dropped down to 4*. The Askr trio referred to them as Brave Heroes and their data doesn't show any skills being available at 4*.

Edited by silveraura25

Just gotta take a couple minutes here and complain.

I got ripped off hard core just barely. I worked my tail off to get 170 orbs saved up, and used them for the legendary summoning event, and somehow even with the 8% 5* summoning rate I only got 1 5* out of 45 characters summoned total. I’ve gotten more 5*s than that with half as many orbs!!!

9 minutes ago, OrangeFroth said:

I got ripped off hard core just barely. I worked my tail off to get 170 orbs saved up, and used them for the legendary summoning event, and somehow even with the 8% 5* summoning rate I only got 1 5* out of 45 characters summoned total. I’ve gotten more 5*s than that with half as many orbs!!!

170 Orbs is a small sample size. The banner also never guarantees you will get 5* units, let alone the quantity.

16 minutes ago, OrangeFroth said:

I know it’s not that big, and I know it’s not guaranteed

doesnt prevent that I still feel ripped off

15 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

So did we ever figure out what the person symbol on Fjorm's Blessing pertains to?

It's probably an icon for the "Ally Boost", since tapping it opens it like this:

Legendary Effect: Water

Ally Boost: HP / Spd +3

That suggests that there not only will be legendary heroes embodying the other four elements, but that there could be other stat boosts associated with the same element. The latter part is pure speculation though.

@OrangeFroth If you want to add something to a post you made, instead of quoting yourself you can just edit your last post.

51 minutes ago, OrangeFroth said:

I have now had 2 streaks of 37 pulls in a row with no 5-stars.

This is what it means to gamble. There are ups. There are downs. You aren't guaranteed a payoff for your money or effort spent.

31 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

So did we ever figure out what the person symbol on Fjorm's Blessing pertains to?

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It's probably an icon for the "Ally Boost", since tapping it opens it like this:

That suggests that there not only will be legendary heroes embodying the other four elements, but that there could be other stat boosts associated with the same element. The latter part is pure speculation though.

I was chatting with a friend about it yesterday, and my assumption is that it's because elements aren't tied to specific stats. In other words, it's very possible that we may later get another water hero that boosts Atk or a fire hero that also boosts Spd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

52 minutes ago, OrangeFroth said:

I feel you. I used 150 orbs and only got Deirdre (-Spd at that), this is how it goes in the gacha. Sometimes we get extremely lucky and others we get nothing but Bartre and Raigh.

Better start saving for the second Legendary banner during the end of the month! 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I was chatting with a friend about it yesterday, and my assumption is that it's because elements aren't tied to specific stats. In other words, it's very possible that we may later get another water hero that boosts Atk or a fire hero that also boosts Spd.

Now to hoard my 180+ orbs for the Atk / Spd +3 blessing in an undetermined amount of time from now. But Soleil...

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now to hoard my 180+ orbs for the Atk / Spd +3 blessing in an undetermined amount of time from now. But Soleil...

It's probably always going to be HP +3 for the first stat, though, since Fjorm doesn't have an icon for HP.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's probably always going to be HP +3 for the first stat, though, since Fjorm doesn't have an icon for HP.

Then change the green background on the icon.

But yeah that's probably what's going to happen. The Squad Ace E seal has a red icon, D has green, C has blue...you get the idea.

@Johann They're items like feathers and orbs. No reason for them to go poof.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I had the same thinking. I also figure if we ever get other Legendary water units, they'd have a different stat to boost instead of Spd.

Speaking of blessings, while I've heard that it's supposed to be safe to merge a unit who has them, but is that 100% super confirmed no backsies?

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Johann They're items like feathers and orbs. No reason for them to go poof.

I'm only concerned because there's nothing that specifically says that blessings will carry over to the target merged character. Would hate to use one and then discover that it's lost.

I guess I steal a friend's phone, install the game, get a duplicate character somehow, unlock Fjorm, and give it a try.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Does it mean we should build a team for each element? To have in some months a team of 3 units with water blessing and so on? 

Since there are two elements running at a time, you'd only really have to have three elements if you were aiming to use those boosts (which do affect Arena scoring).

Okay, I didn't want him at first, but Spring Xander is really starting to win me over with his voiced lines. His voice sounds so jolly, especially that laugh of his. And he's so mischevious when talking about the hidden eggs, like he's sharing some grand secret that isn't all that grand.

"You may have noticed that my lance is a carrot..."

Indeed Xander, it's hard not to notice.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm only concerned because there's nothing that specifically says that blessings will carry over to the target merged character. Would hate to use one and then discover that it's lost.

I guess I steal a friend's phone, install the game, get a duplicate character somehow, unlock Fjorm, and give it a try.

Oh I misread your question. My bad. I'm not sure but I hope it's not the case. Inherited skills do carry over, and a blessing is more valuable than something like SP.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

A carrot is a long, reddish-yellow vegetable which has several thin leaves on a long stem, and which belongs to the parsley family. Carrots are grown all over the world in gardens, and in the wild in the fields.

Carrots are delicious.

45 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Okay, I didn't want him at first, but Spring Xander is really starting to win me over with his voiced lines. His voice sounds so jolly, especially that laugh of his. And he's so mischevious when talking about the hidden eggs, like he's sharing some grand secret that isn't all that grand.

I like baby carrots (but not immature carrots- it should be against the law to eat those). But they aren't actually their own variety of carrots, they're just regular fully grown ones shaved down to size. And while its fun to glaze them in honey, sometimes you just want the real deal in all their size and rough exterior.

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A carrot is a long, reddish-yellow vegetable which has several thin leaves on a long stem, and which belongs to the parsley family. Carrots are grown all over the world in gardens, and in the wild in the fields.

Carrots are delicious.

They also come in purple, black, white, pure red, and pure yellow. Purple and black sound like the kind you'd expect to grow in Nohr. Garon looks like he's grown a few of those varieties.

45 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

He doesn't actually hide the eggs, nor does Chrom, they find them and get them to come out of the bushes. This generally takes some months for them to pop out though, which is why Easter only comes once a year. It's very fun I hear. Camilla and Lucina provide the eggs, but they aren't saying where they get them from for some reason.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Birdy said:

Does anyone know the formula with Deflect Magic and Sacred Cowl/Escutcheon + Shield Pulse?

I believe it goes:

1. Attacker damage is calculated.
  2. Defensive special mitigation is applied to the result of step 1.
  3. Deflect skill mitigation is applied to the result of step 2.

See below.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not completely sure, but I think it is additive. 110%(=80%+30%) of the damage will be reduced, and an additional 5 damage would have been reduced if the damage reduction is below 100%.

So, if the enemy's Moonbow activates, 80%(=80%+30%+(-30%)) of the damage will be reduced, and additional 5 damage will be reduced.

If it went like that, Ice Mirror activating on top of Deflect Magic would reduce Reinhardt's damage on that hit to 0. This is not the case.

Spoiler

In fact, following the steps above, for the 2nd hit:

1. 46 Atk (Rein) - 34 Res (Fjorm) = 12
  2. 12 - floor(12 * .3) = 12 - floor(3.6) = 12 - 3 = 9
  3. 9 - floor(9 * .8) = 9 - floor(7.2) = 9 - 7 = 2

Additionally, it does not go: damage calculation (12 dmg) → deflect mitigation (3 dmg) → special mitigation (still 3 dmg).

I strongly suspect a fully leveled Shield Pulse would apply the -5 flat mitigation in step 2 (since Shield Pulse says "...when Special triggers."), but I'd need to find the right situation in AA to be sure. I don't think I'm going to find PvE Reinhardts any stronger than the Paralogue 1&2 Chain Challenge one...?

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Running person is a symbol for Spd in this game. Fjorm’s bonus for matching blessings is Spd.